IGNORED

College football 2012...let's get ready to ruuuummmble!

Huzband

Wow, enjoy that Spartans/Irish game!

Michigan faces yet another tough foe this Saturday. They host UMass. From what I understand, the chemistry teacher is going to devote more time than he usually would as the Minute Men head coach to prepare for the game! This can't be good :cry:

:grin:

I will be in Michigan this weekend. I'll keep an eye out. Rumor also has it that I might be attending the Michigan St. / Notre Dame game on Saturday :clap:
GO SPARTANS!!!
I will be in Michigan this weekend. I'll keep an eye out. Rumor also has it that I might be attending the Michigan St. / Notre Dame game on Saturday :clap:
GO SPARTANS!!!
Keep-Calm-and-Sparty-On.jpg

:thumbsup:

We've got an FSU at noon and FAMU at 6pm tomorrow.

The town is full of entusiastic fans and traffic is already :dopeslap:

Go Noles!

Plus high school game tonight, our county's state runnerup versus local school that was a state champion.

:lurk:

Quite a few promising games tomorrow:

- Virginia @ Georgia Tech: Good ACC game

- Florida @ Tennessee: Old time rivalry that might get revived this fall

- Notre Dame @ Michigan State: Great rivalry that has had some great games

of late

- Alabama @ Arkansas: This will be interesting if Arkansas can get their act together

- USC @ Stanford: The game I am most looking forward to seeing tomorrow

You know what I'll be doing tomorrow :thumbsup:

James,

3 of them could be routs, hope not.

Bama will make roadkill of the hogs and Stanford w/out Luck...

there'll be a bunch of great ones somewhere, maybe these

UF v UT is the one that I'm really interested in

:wave:

USC goes down.

So much for ESPN's wonder team.

Amazing game, Stanford's D shut the Trojans down! 'SC was scoreless for the entire second half and were completely unprepared for the onslaught of blitzes the Cardinals D brought on them.

I was also kinda shocked that ND took out Michigan State! Big 10 ain't lookin too hot this year.

VT falls to Pitt, and I thought Ohio State might get beat by Cal.

Man I love Saturday in the fall!

Barring strangeness, if we can win next Saturday night, table looks good until last game versus Florida who seems very resurgent.

Will be pulling for everyone playing Oregon.

:grin:

AGG looks awful this year so we need to play up to potential and see where it goes.

So far 3 games and D gives up 3 points.

:clap:

James, blew the Stanford game, go trees, but the others you cited were about what I expected

some not even competitive.

ND's QB has looked great for a freshman.

Bama v LSU still the game...

Well, after watching the Michigan game and most of the MSU-ND game, I'm feeling pretty good about the chances next Saturday.

Nutter Dumb's offense didn't seem very skilled at all and I don't think their defense is very quick. MSU just plain sucked all night.

U of M definitely has their offense going and the D is getting better though they have a long way to get to the level of the O. I hope it'll be enough to stop the leprecauns.

National audience is a variable that cannot be accounted for. Worst is the FSU game is on at the same time! Can't watch both. Damn!

Edit: I actually get to watch the Bucs play today. Glorioski, such benevolence from the NFL. (Last season I got to see 4 games?) They keep this up and I won't have to become a GB or 49ers fan.

My first live game was OK, SUU won so that was a good thing. They started poorly but ran away with it in the end. Disappointed that there were not more people there for their first game in the Big Sky conference and first home game of the season. Enjoyed the food and company at the university president's pre-game tailgate at his house.

I didn't actually get to meet the president, Michael Benson, but was surprised to find out how young he is, 42. Went to BYU, Oxford and Notre Dame - pretty good credentials! He wants people to wear jeans to his tailgate parties - yes, I can do that!

I was feeling a little guilty last Saturday. I had made a joke early in this thread that Nebraska coach Bo Pelini was most likely to blow a blood vessle in his brain - and at halftime he was taken away in an ambulance! Fortunately he is okay and was given a clean bill of health. He told the media it has nothing to do with stress, however I have a little trouble believing that considering his defense gave up the second most yards ever in Husker history to UCLA the week before. All Husker fans were having a little anxiety problem after that game. :)

I saw a video this morning of USC coach Lane Kiffen walking out of his weekly press conference after 29 seconds. It's really kinda fun to hate that guy. He makes it so easy. :lurk:

The game of the week for me looks like Notre Dame at Michigan. ND is picked by 5 right now. I also think the K-State at Oklahoma game could be interesting.

I was feeling a little guilty last Saturday. I had made a joke early in this thread that Nebraska coach Bo Pelini was most likely to blow a blood vessel in his brain - and at halftime he was taken away in an ambulance!

Maybe someone should remind him it's just a game!

Just a game?!?! JUST A GAME?!?!? YOU think this is just a $#@*@&$ GAME?

Bo_Pelini.jpg

Fortunately, John L. Smith started his press conference this week by reminding us all to SMILE, and it was just frightening enough to make me smile. :)

That looks like the edge of a breakdown to me.

I think you're done early this fall, Danny. You might want to go back to golfing or fishing or something. We'll call you back for the national title game.

Central Michigan beat Iowa?!

ND 10, Michigan 0 at the half? Denard Robinson has thrown 4 interceptions so far in this game?

The Big 10 ain't lookin' so hot this season :cry:

Well, Michigan just fell to Notre Dame. Like Danny, but for entirely different reasons, I am done early this fall :smirk: So I'm goin' fishing, maybe bowling, and stuff like that. Somebody wake me up when bowl season rolls around.

Yesssssss...

great 2nd half for the Noles!

I'm really impressed with some of the "mid major" schools who have beaten schools with more cache'.

Seems all the conferences have some stinkers in them.

Out now?

No way.

Go Noles!

:clap:

Congrats to the 'Noles! :thumbsup:

A major upset happened under my radar, though, when K-State traveled to Oklahoma and knocked off the #6 Sooners!

On any Saturday, folks.

More fun than a PK ending, ?. :grin:

Careful, pretty soon you'll be like some of us thinking we're smarter than the professional coaches.

;)

Glad you're taking the time to see the games and hope

you aren't bored by our version.

:wave:

Oregon jumps to #2, desevedly.

But we're rooting for anyone duck hunting cause Bama won't be losing any time soon.

SEC East is a real barn burner already.

Gators, Gamecocks, or Dawgs???????

Yeah, Tim, lack of defense wins championships. (sarcasm)

26-0 against KY jelly, Matt? You really gonna hang your hat on that? :rofl:

As for the SEC east, I ain't bettin' till the end of Oct. Tough schedule for all involved. And I look forward to the winner.

See y'all in Atlanta. :wave:

No, rematches win, or more correctly, lose championships, in some case.

Oklahoma/Nebraska back in the day, UF vs FSU, Bama vs LSU, all resulted in 1-1 and last winner declared "champion".

Our D will be all right, they lost 2 All American candidates, and have several starters injured.

Long season to go, we'll see.

Go Noles!

BTW,Tom Osbourne announced his retirement effective Jan. 1.

Prety dang good coach, Ad.

He is a good one on the sidelines.

Michigan played what can only be described as the worst football game I have ever witnessed. :mad: I have seen pick-up football played with more skill! They should have sent the band and the cheerleaders in at halftime.

ND wasn't much better, winning by less than a touchdown to a team that did almost everything conceivable to lose from the start.

I hereby revise my previous prediction/hope: U of M is going to be lucky to break even playing like that.

It's going to be hard to watch the rest of the season. :cry: (At least FSU is doing well.)

No way! Washington beat Stanford last night?! I watched the first half and went to bed wishing Washington could pull off the upset, but I did think they'd have enough to win down the stretch. Just found out they did it.

I am a happy man! :thumbsup:

No way! Washington beat Stanford last night?! I watched the first half and went to bed wishing Washington could pull off the upset, but I did think they'd have enough to win down the stretch. Just found out they did it.

Just yesterday, some of the talking heads at ESPN were trying to sell us Stanford as a team capable of running the table and playing Alabama at the end of the season. Some showed a little common sense and said they didn't think that Stanford would get through the PAC-10 unscathed, but nobody was giving Washington a chance.

I guess that's why they play the games!

Those in-conference games can result in strange happenings. The Dawgs played at Qwest Field while there pound is being renovated, must be some strange juju at that field considering last Monday. Oregon plays WSU tomorrow on the same field, could be reaaaaaal ugly.

Wonder if the guy who blew the call, and the replay officials who validated it in the OSU / Texas game had been replacement

officials?

So sad.

Looks like one of those days across the top ten.

Was WV vs Baylor and exhibition game?

No one played any defense.

Seemed like they all bet over on the O/U...

We dominated all stats after a bad start, win on the road,have runner kneel down at the 20 instead of running in end zone at end of game, and we all feel like it stunk.

LSU/Bama/SC?Ga?all struggle for 1/2/most of game and the badd ACC teams get beat at home by mid levels.

One of those daze...

OH, hey Brian, Dukies won.

Unless the LSU Tigers pull out the real game plan we are going to leave the swamp next week with a loss. While they pulled off the win this week, it was UGLY. I know it's hard to get worked up over a "sure" win, but that was horrible.

UF is going to be amped up and they are playing at home. This is the first real litmus test for the Tigers!

Bama didn't look sharp either so that helps ease the worry a bit.

saw it Tim...on Tivo. Was at UCF/Mizzou wating the UCF coaching staff make like NFL replacement refs. A day of mind boggling coaching f-ups.

Eric,

LSU is a double digit favorite...

But I agree the UF is getting better every week.

Bama like some very good teams may look bad when playing

a bad team.

We played a decent team and look awful at the start.

Happens.

They're still #1.

The most impressive team in the nation has to be Oregon State. Picked to finish last in their division by almost everybody, they're now 3-0 (Wisconsin, UCLA, Arizona) and ranked #14 in the country. Last year they were 3-8.

Bama didn't look sharp either....

True dat, but it's Monday night, & I'm sure Nick has already taken care of that.

As for Oregon St. being the most impressive team in the nation. I understand fandome & all that, but whom have they dominated. Maybe they're that good, I don't know. What I DO know is the road to New Orleans goes through Atlanta, & I don't see anyone giving Bama a challenge. Nor anyone after.

Not cocky, not arrogant. Just honest.

We'll see (pun intended) :wave:

made you an appt. w/local optometrist.

;)

Could be true, but the SEC game in Atlanta should be interesting.

We've lost 5 D line players and making adjustments, 1 an All American and a preseason AA in the DB.

Should keep improving.

If we get beat before the UF game so be it.

Hope that doesn't happen this year.

UF still controls their destiny and just may do that.

As for Oregon St. being the most impressive team in the nation. I understand fandome & all that, but whom have they dominated. Maybe they're that good, I don't know. What I DO know is the road to New Orleans goes through Atlanta, & I don't see anyone giving Bama a challenge. Nor anyone after.

Not cocky, not arrogant. Just honest.

I'm certainly not saying they're national champion contenders. But the fact that they were so out of it last year and now are a ranked team is a most impressive turn around. Their recruiting classes are consistently ranked in the lower tier of the PAC-10/12 and their facilities don't come close to the Phil Knight Quackers of Eugene. The Beavers get more accomplished with less than any other team in the PAC-12. You don't have to win it all to be impressive.

UF still controls their destiny and just may do that.

And they can go a long way with that this Sat.

I will be at the fart, but my Gator stuff is in the car and I'm traveling with a good Gator fan too.

A Seminole ( :P) weekend for SEC EAST.

What's Les been keeping under the Hat?

Will Mus champ it or lose it?

Can the Dawgs do it or are they too Cocky?

Maybe best weekend so far.

Somebody please pluck the Ducks...

I've got Beaver fever for now.

:lurk:

Archived