IGNORED

College football 2012...let's get ready to ruuuummmble!

Huzband

Matt,

We've had 10 fumbles past two games and lost 6, sux, but still won big.

Opponents not as good as Georgia obviously.

You guys had a bad game and almost won.

Positive signs for the future, IMO.

Should be a great game end of November...

1000-1 at least.

I wish you were my bookie! SUU lost to Weber (0-7) and beat Eastern Washington (FCS #1). Fantastic game against EWU yesterday, EWU looked the part, bigger, stronger, faster but the breaks went to the Thunderbirds who won the game with a field goal with 3.2 seconds left on the clock.

Ohio State's Urban Meyer on one of his players: "He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words."

Why do Tennessee fans wear orange?

So they can dress that way for the game on Saturday, go hunting on Sunday, and pick up trash on Monday.

What does the average Alabama player get on his SATs?

Drool.

How many Michigan freshmen football players does it take to change a light bulb?

None. That's a sophomore course.

How did the Georgia football player die from drinking milk?

The cow fell on him.

Two West Virginia football players were walking in the woods.

One of them said, "Look, a dead bird."

The other looked up in the sky and said, "Where?"

A University of Cincinnati football player was almost killed yesterday in a tragic horseback-riding accident.

He fell from a horse and was nearly trampled to death.

Luckily, the manager of the Wal-Mart came out and unplugged the horse. ________________________________

What do you say to a University of Miami Hurricane football player dressed in a three-piece suit? "

"Will the defendant please rise."

If three Florida State football players are in the same car, who is driving?

The police officer.

How can you tell if an Auburn football player has a girlfriend?

There's tobacco juice on both sides of the pickup truck.

What do you get when you put 32 Arkansas cheerleaders in one room?

A full set of teeth.

University of Michigan Coach Brady Hoke is only going to dress half of his players for the game this week; the other half will have to dress themselves.

How is the Indiana football team like an opossum?

They play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Why did the Nebraska linebacker steal a police car?

He saw "911" on the side and thought it was a Porsche.

How do you get a former Illinois football player off your porch?

Pay him for the pizza.

What are the longest three years of a University of Kentucky football player’s life?

Freshman I, Freshman II, and Freshman III.

If three Florida State football players are in the same car, who is driving?

The police officer.

It's always funny to me...

Bama and LSU

Just waking up from a night at Tiger Stadium and all I can muster is WOW.

That is what college football is all about. That stadium was insane yet again.

My hat is off to Bama, those boys pulled it out in the end.

Miles played the role of the gambler and almost pulled it off.

See you next year !!!

GEAUX TIGERS

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this game. For some time, I thought Bama was gonna run away with it, then LSU came back with a vengeance. Amazing the 'Tide was able to get out of there with a win.

WOW, Huskers pulled another one out of their arses. Michigan State is for real. They just need to tweek their offense a bit and they could hang with just about anyone (in the Big 10 anyway). Any out of towners coming in for the Penn State game? PM me, I'll buy the first pitcher. Ok, and the second.

What does the average Alabama player get on his SATs?

Drool.

How many Michigan freshmen football players does it take to change a light bulb?

None. That's a sophomore course.

Funny stuff.

On a serious note: How many unranked teams and poorly played games does Notre Dumb have to be involved in before they actually lose standing in the BCS?

Against Michigan's 7 turnovers they win 13-6.

Unranked Purdue: 20-17.

Unranked BYU: 17-14.

Unranked Pitt: 29-26 in TRIPLE OT!

Beginning to think the rankings are determined in large part by residents of South Bend.

Seriously, WTF!?!?

You forgot the Stanford ripoff...

and the 2 players on the fiels last game with the same number

(uncalled penalty on scoring)

Oh well, a good prognosis for the next season is to lose

a bowl game to FSU.

:grin:

BCS want ND for ratings instead of Kst or Ore.

Who is MORE worthy than K-State to play Alabama for the mythical National Championship? I say only Oregon has a shot with their strenght of schedule, but I don't think it compares to K State. Domers may have blown it with the 3 OT win against lowly Pitt.

Checking this site (http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/current_congrove_rankings.html)it looks like KSU vs Bama for the championship, assuming both win out. Yawnnnnn...

All the more reason to cancel the conference championship games and have a

boycottbowls2.jpg

PLAYOFF

not a new idea

6390847529_4cd2f5203a_z.jpg

and all those other NCAA football players seem to thrive with a playoff system.

All the more reason to cancel the conference championship games and have a (gasp!)

PLAYOFF!!!!!!

Amen, brother. All the NCAA's reasons get the big flush when the public realizes they hold playoffs in every other division and every other sport.

Yeah, incorporating the Bowl games will be tricky but it can, and should, be done. Period.

It is coming...

Late night in Blacksburg but we managed to prevail

which is better than the alternative.

Win against Maryland on the 17th and open the door for a BCS game.

Not likely the one we wanted, but an improvement.

Go Noles!

I watched this game. I just knew the Tide would turn it on and come back.

Great win by the Aggies, but Alabama was clearly not on their game today. Maybe it was the LSU game last weekend? These teams have to be on top of their game week in and week out, that's gotta be tough. Alabama looked uncharacteristically sloppy out there; the QB couldn't throw with accuracy, sloppy penalties everywhere, turnoevers, not a good day to be a 'Bama fan.

Hat's off to the Aggies for cashing in on Alabama's mistakes. I don't mean to imply Texas A&M didn't outright win that game, because they did. Johnny Football was on the money each and every time. Congrat's Whip!

Great win by the Aggies, but Alabama was clearly not on their game today. Maybe it was the LSU game last weekend? These teams have to be on top of their game week in and week out, that's gotta be tough. Alabama looked uncharacteristically sloppy out there; the QB couldn't throw with accuracy, sloppy penalties everywhere, turnoevers, not a good day to be a 'Bama fan.

Hat's off to the Aggies for cashing in on Alabama's mistakes. I don't mean to imply Texas A&M didn't outright win that game, because they did. Johnny Football was on the money each and every time. Congrat's Whip!

When you are down 20-0 and mistakes happen.:)

Something about LSU this year. UF beat them, and has played sloppy pretty much since then...

Great game by the Aggies, I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Cal Poly SLO 70 :clap:

Idaho State 14

I've already sent in the form that retains my seats for the post season.

Johnny J

BTW: Big Sky FCS RULES!

In their final game of the season SUU beat Northern Arizona (FCS #11, 8 game winning streak) in triple overtime in Flagstaff. So SUU beat the #1 and the #11 team but finished up with a losing record.

In their final game of the season SUU beat Northern Arizona (FCS #11, 8 game winning streak) in triple overtime in Flagstaff. So SUU beat the #1 and the #11 team but finished up with a losing record.

WOW! If my reckoning is correct, next week's match-up between Cal Poly SLO and Northern Arizona will determine the conference champion.

Thank-You SUU :wave:

Johnny J

An interesting comparison here. As of 11/12/12:

2012 OVERALL FBS RANKINGS

University of Michigan numbers (now ranked 21st, 7-3 record)

PASSING YARDS 189.2 - 101st Overall

RUSHING YARDS 194.1 - 35th Overall

POINTS FOR 29.7 - 57th Overall

POINTS AGAINST 18.2 - 17th Overall

University of Florida numbers (ranked 6th, 9-1 record)

PASSING YARDS 142.3 - 118th Overall

RUSHING YARDS 188.3 - 41st Overall

POINTS FOR 26.1 - 79th Overall

POINTS AGAINST 12.9 - 3rd Overall

I guess who you play must figure quite a bit in the rankings in addition to whether you won or lost.

Regardless, Nov. 24th is going to be a good day (I hope).

Go Blue! Go 'Noles! Go Trojans!

Aggies will win 7 games.

Maybe so, but Bama won't won't be one of them.

Where is my man Danny?

Good question. I haven't seen him around these parts in a while now. Something tells me it might be a while more, too :Cool:

College football is a painful sport to follow. Reminds me of that famous quote in the Old Testament book, Ecclesiastes:

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. But time and chance happen to them both

I suppose I can take this passage as prophecy concerning the 2007 Appalachian State @ Michigan game :smirk:

Aggies will win 7 games.

Maybe so, but Bama won't won't be one of them.

Where is my man Danny?

Hopefully all is well.

A&M played an excellent game, JFoots fun to watch.

Go Noles!

TAMU

First year in the SEC

First year Coach

First year QB

That's a remarkable fact right there :thumbsup:

...and Johnny Football will be in NYC on December 8th. May not win it, but he will be there.

:wave:

It is only half time in the K-State Baylor game.

We'll see...

ND has had a game changing TD ruled incorrectly against Stanford (how good are they?) and a 26 yd fiels goal miss by Cinci or they'd have 2 or more losses.

Don;t think they have the horses to win against Alabama or FSU (we did beat them in bowl lwast year).

And dadgummit, perhaps the half of the computer polls that don't have FSU in their top 25 :dopeslap: will get a clue.

#1 defense/top offense yardage per play/top 3 scoring D/#2 passing efficiency/top rankings in punt returnand coverage and kickoff return and coverage, 3rd down defense, number of 3 and outs etc... etc...

more statistical #1, top 3 or top ten ratings than any other team.

Come on computer nerds.

Go Noles!

This week litmus test, FSU vs UF has a huge impact potential

if USC beats ND.

Go NOles!

I talked to Danny last week, we was coming out of shock...

Tell him I saw a pre-game interview with Bear's son. He was sitting with a few of the Junction Boys.

It was over before it started.

:)

I would be beyond estatic if Michigan went into the Horse Shoe and won that game, but I cannot say I expect that to happen. The Buckeyes look great this fall, and Urban Meyer is doing a great job in Columbus.

Michigan will have to bring their A-game and have 0 turnovers if they have a prayer of keeping this one close. Denard Robinson will have to be very healthy, too. It would also be nice if he actually played QB as opposed to tailback, then again, he's not the best QB. Talk about turnovers! He completely fell apart against Notre Dame's defense.

I'll be tuned in, that's for sure!

Michigan will showcase him for the NFL especially w/his shoulder injury.

He'll be all over the field, can't throw deep.

good luck Tim...picked the Noles in a pool. Gators cannot score. That being said it could be one of those games where neither defense shows up. Really think FSU should win.

A win would get them a little BCS love. The ACC is not conducive to high BCS ranking.

Aside from that...SEC will have a team in the Nat'l Champ game this year.

Archived