IGNORED

College football 2012...let's get ready to ruuuummmble!

Huzband

As a brand new SUU fan things didn't go so well, and against the team I was previously a brand new fan of, USU. I think SUU's next games are against the Cal Bears and the UC Davis Aggies, that won't be easy, and I'm a long time Bears follower. At least I may get to go to the tailgate parties in the SUU president's house occasionally (Janet has to go to them all for work). No beer though...

ericfoerster
Whom do your Tigers play this weekend?

The Tigers are playing North Texas. I am going because it's a night game and we have awesome seats by the band this year.

I think the Bama game will be a better game to watch.

I'm with Matt. I'm sorry I took the bait & started this thread. I thought it was about football, not personal opinions of coaches. You want to talk about coaches? Start your own danged thread!

Tim has issues. Not just with Saban, but he'll make every excuse & carry the water for every Bowden from now till the end of time. Too bad he won't be honest enough about his beloved Bobby's character issues.

That's funny.

And here I thought the SEC fans had lost a sense of humor.

Like I posted in the other thread.

If you make it to the title game against us I won't make you ask for points.

;)

Even up.

But I think we'll be playing USC, and not the SEC one.

:lurk:

SEC football is about the coaches, and facilities, and players they are able to recruit which leads to success on the field.

A commendable blueprint for winning games.

Enjoying Boise State @ Michigan State.

Hate to say this, but c'mon Spartans!

Tennessee! Way to go. I would have lost the farm if I had bet that game.

agree, went to a great florida hs game last night and caught these games after, or part of them. the vols surprised me. in reality, don't think the 'pack is as good as they're being hyped.

The nerve of some people! Today we celebrated my youngest daughter's 9th birthday party, and here's what a family friend showed up wearing. Can you believe this complete lack of respect for the mighty, the unstoppable, the unconquerable Michigan Wolverines?!

JEG6784-L.jpg

Can you believe this complete lack of respect for the mighty, the unstoppable, the unconquerable Michigan Wolverines?!

Um, you may want to re-anylize

Can you believe this complete lack of respect for the mighty, the unstoppable, the unconquerable Michigan Wolverines?!

Not yet! There's still another half of football to play.

Brace yourselves, SEC powerhouses, for some good ole Big Ten half time adjustments! Don't say you weren't warned :Cool:

Not yet! There's still another half of football to play.

Brace yourselves, SEC powerhouses, for some good ole Big Ten half time adjustments! Don't say you weren't warned :Cool:

Go Who?

OK, so Michigan isn't all that great a football team. Disappointing for sure, but at least it's plain to everyone early in the season. Of course, all their opponents will study this game to learn how to shut them down like Alabama did today, but I hope Michigan studies the game as well and learns from what 'Bama did.

Michigan had nothing to lose tonight. I do hope they capitalize on all the hard, tough lessons learned.

Congrat's 'Bama! Now, of course, I have to hope Alabama wins big all season long. If Alabama dominates all other opponents, it will make this Michigan loss a lot less significant than it will otherwise be.

James,

they should be at least 3 scores better than anyone they play in the regular season who is ranked and twice that wrt the also rans.

This will be a rerun of last season for Bama w/out the LSU loss.

Question will be who plays them in BCS...

Rest of us playing for that spot so we'll see.

Plenty of excellent plays in many games so we all can

have high expectations for now.

We're in the mix for another week.

Go Noles!

James,

they should be at least 3 scores better than anyone they play in the regular season who is ranked and twice that wrt the also rans.

Honestly, the final score makes the game look closer than it really was. For that, I have to conclude, that Nick Saban isn't so evil after all. Were he so motivated, he could have steamrolled over Michigan and humiliated them. Instead, he simply demonstrated that Alabama was in no way particularly taxed in this game and let it stand at that. He pretty much cruised through the second half, allowing the players to show what they can do, but not calling aggressive plays to run up the score.

That's OK, I can live with this game. Michigan has a long way to go. Painful would have been a competitive game decided by a bad call by an official, a Michigan coach, or a Michigan player. That's painful. This was simply a reality check, and reality checks are valuable gifts that can put a team on the road to greatness.

Really? Valentino Rossi goes back to Yamaha as the #2 rider, to see if he has what it takes to win a 10th world title and to continue his quest to become the winningest world-level roadracer of all time, without the machine advantage that the MV Agusta gave Agostini, Pedrosa has matured and is giving Lorenzo a run for his money, Stoner's abandoning $10M a year to go run a ranch and make babies, and you guys want to talk about a sport with 320lb teenagers, and where an oblong ball makes "luck of the bounce" a factor several times a game?

For fun? Sure. As a distraction? Of course. But stick and ball sports are for people too young to ride/drive, or too inpompetent to do either fast. :rofl:

Y'all have fun. :P :P :P [/jest]

...possible use of PED's...

If there's one thing Michigan proved last night, it's that they are clean of any PED's. NCAA won't even bother testing any of those players :smirk:

...possible use of PED's...

If there's one thing Michigan proved last night, it's that they are clean of any PED's. NCAA won't even bother testing any of those players :smirk:

I must have been editing that out of my post when you were quoting me. Thought it shouldn't be in something that was supposed to be in jest. Kinda had some MLB guys on my mind.

So, sideline tickets for Michigan, or full-access pass, including the pits, for a MotoGP. Which one, sir James?

EffBee: I suppose some might get twisted all out of shape over the implication that some are using PED's, but I'm not one of them. While I do assume an athlete to be clean until proven otherwise, I'm certainly not about to take offense over the matter. In fact, I'm not about to get bent out of shape over anything having to do with sports! I thoroughly enjoy it, but there are more important things in life (or so I've been told :smirk:).

Let those future millionaires speak for themselves, and I'll just speak for me. That's the deal :thumbsup:

Just rolled in from Baton Rouge and Tiger Stadium. The LSU Tigers looked pretty good considering they played North Texas. I noticed they rotated many second string players in and out during the game. I also noticed the same old boring plays for most of the game. Run left, run right, bubble screen here and there, and a few passes from our new quarterback. It was a long 9 month break and I was ready to hear the band and eat my favorite Cajun food again. The band was awesome as was Mike the tiger. I guess he knew it was going to be a boring game because he refused to get back in his rolling cage to enter the stadium after he went down the hill.

I didn't see enough of an opponent to make a judgement on how well this Tiger Team will be this year. What is scary is that we matched yardage (ok maybe a little better) than the Tide did in Dallas.

Lets hope it's not another replay of last year.

Bama #1 in latest polls...IMO that was obvious after all the games were completed.

Danny...i'm willing to bet they're #1 for a long time.

Looks like 2015 might be a rebuilding year. But then, this year was supposed to be rebuilding. Like a guy at work said Monday, " they aren't rebuilding, they're reloading". :grin:

Tim, I admire you for hoping & being optimistic. I've had those same years with Bama. But I'm afraid your BCS champ dreams just aren't going to come true this year.

Lets hope it's not another replay of last year.

Glad you had a good time at your stadium. Too bad, though, that it wasn't a real game. :grin:

But to be honest, the only real game Bama has this year is at your own Death Valley. But in case you didn't notice Sat. night, Saban is taking no prisoners. Even with the score, Bama made a lot of mistakes. And at 21-0 in the first quarter, he was screaming in his headset & at players. I'd venture to say there are some NFL teams that couldn't compete with this team.

But back to Nov. 3rd. Les no doubt is already focused on that game. He'll want to not only have a reckoning, he'll want to make a statement, just as Bama did Sat. I expect it to be a great game, but I know whom will come out on top.

ROLL TIDE!!!

I'd venture to say there are some NFL teams that couldn't compete with this team.

Big, Big difference between College and Pro game.

I'd bet on the worse team in the NFL against Alabama.

Pro game is much faster.

Danny,

Probably not, but I thought we were still in the trash talk part of the year.

:)

West Virginain bailed on the game with us so we had to seek an "opponent" to fill the date.

73 schools were contacted before the mighty Savannnnnuhh State

something or others agreed to play us.

Worst game ever accorfding to point spread (70+) and they lost 84-0 to OkSt so we'll need to win by 13 touchdowns or lose ground in the polls.

:dopeslap:

Sad all around.

If we can beat Clemson here in 2 weeks who knows?

Could run the table.

I think our D still matches well w/Bama despite already losing 2 All Americans :( but the O side...

Go Noles!!

I am looking forward to A&M making their appearance in the SEC this weekend, I think the Gators are up to the challenge but it will be a good game no matter what.

Hell, I might even root for UGA to beat Mizzou just to welcome all the new kids to the a tough conference.

I interrupt this thread to make this shocking announcement:

Michigan kinda sucks.

I'm watching them host Air Force and they are embroiled in a battle they could very well lose. They currently lead, 14-10 at the half, but Air Force is pumped, they can smell victory, and Michigan appears to be out of ideas.

Hope they can get it together before the Big 10 games kick in.

After that performance, I think Michigan should be unranked coming into next week. Yeah, they won, but not really. If you look at the numbers...

Turnovers: AF - 0, MI - 1

First Downs: AF - 27, MI - 19

Total Yards Gained: AF - 414, MI - 417

Final Score: AF - 25, MI - 31

Texas A&M did a great job in their loss. They served notice that the SEC has room for another team. I am kind of proud of the men in maroon.

Welcome to the SEC..with pride.

I went to the Penn State/Virginia game today. The Penn State kicker was the worst I have ever seen in college footbal - or high school, for that matter. He missed four field goals and one extra point, and his team lost by one point.

Kinda sad for Penn State. Lots of pride on the line for those guys. They will get a win and it will be well deserved.

It'll be difficult for Penn State to beat anyone, especially a team that is even mediocre, without a kicking game.

Wisconsin got beat by Oregon State?!

This is not shaping up to be a good year for the Big 10 at all. Last I saw, Nebraska was struggling at UCLA -- in football no less :eek:

txam/gators and dogs/mizzou both great games. no idea how latter will turn out. just good college football.

feel kinda bad for penn state. place kicker gotta be bumming.

lousiana-monroe giving razorbacks all they can handle as well.

Bill,

Our game with them was stopped in mid 3rd qtr.

Clock was not stopped once 2nd half started except on change

of possession. Counts as an official game but only scheduled becasue West Virginia backed out of their game with us.

Not anything pretty or positive to come out of the game except only 3 penalties total for both teams. If it had gone the whole time we would've put up over a 100 unless we punted on 1st down.

Props to PAC 12, UCLA looks much better, Arizona wins big under Rich Rod, Oregon State, USC, Oregon, seems to have some talent and blance.

SEC sorted out, Bama/LSU as Arkansas was a pretender losing to UL Monroe, in the East Georgia/SC/UF which will sort out on the field.

Gators win first game under Muschamp after losing at the half.

Maybe those billboards in Gainesville weren't such a good idea after all Texas A&M :dopeslap:

Rest of teams playing for possible bowl game.

Big 10 is OSU or MSU.

Unless we run the table an unbeaten from one of those two will play bama/lsu winner for #1.

Go Noles!

After that performance, I think Michigan should be unranked coming into next week. Yeah, they won, but not really. If you look at the numbers...

Turnovers: AF - 0, MI - 1

First Downs: AF - 27, MI - 19

Total Yards Gained: AF - 414, MI - 417

Final Score: AF - 25, MI - 31

I don't think they should be ranked either. AF's coach after the game did something unusual, he closed the locker room to reporters and cancelled his post game press conference. Knowing the program like I do that tells me they were bitterly disappointed losing a game they should have won.

Michigan's comments after the game were along the lines of "Well, at least we won't have to face an option offense again....yada, yada, yada." All I can say is that if the little AF team can do what it did against the Wolverines then it makes me wonder about what'll happen against the other Big Ten teams.

I think my day was made when Muschamp walked off the field after the game and said to one of the reporters, "Coming in here and disappointing all these people this way was sure a lot of fun"

SUU held the Cal Bears to 17-20 at the end of the 3rd quarter, then it ended 31-50. Pretty good showing though for such a disparity in ranking. Going to my first ever football (American) game next Saturday.

Kinda sad for Penn State. Lots of pride on the line for those guys. They will get a win and it will be well deserved.

It'll be difficult for Penn State to beat anyone, especially a team that is even mediocre, without a kicking game.

Yup......of all the sanctions that hurt this actual football team, the ability for kids to transfer without losing a year of eligibility was the killer. I didn't care about Silas Redd (RB) leaving for USC, but I knew that losing their kicker AND punter Anthony Fera to Texas was going to be a major blow. Last year, he was perfect under 40yds and punted for a season average of 42yds. Those two stats are extremely hard to replace in college football, especially with a team that is going to have trouble moving the ball due to a lack of talent everywhere else.

Gonna be a rough couple of years.

After that performance, I think Michigan should be unranked coming into next week. Yeah, they won, but not really.

If anyone happens to be near Ann Arbor, MI this week, could you do a brother a solid and see if you can track down the Wolverine defense? They should at least have the decency to come to the game, even if they aren't going to play.

Towards the end of the game vs. USAFA I had the crazy idea of the faithful here going by and trying out on some kind of "hardship" scholarship. They are hurting, y'all. At least Shoelace got his aim back after the UA game. Sucks he's a senior.

Glad MSU plays the uber-evil ND next week instead of us, we need the practice before fighting that demon. Let the Spartans pummel them a bit before the Maize & Blue show up.

I think the two State games are going to be the tests for the season. 9-3 is possible but I don't expect it'll happen. Every week is going to be a nail-biter according to the voices in my head. They are going to need to bring the "A" game every play of every game from here on to hope for a record like last years. They can't play hoping the other team is going to screw up and drop a "W" in their lap.

I think the current ranking is somewhat deserved (#17 AP, #18 USA Today) but sadly, some of that is based on potential for the future as opposed to performance exhibited so far.

My $.03

GO BLUE!

PSU needs a kicker, fer sure. That was sad. They deserved better.

Archived