IGNORED

College football 2012...let's get ready to ruuuummmble!

Huzband

too many good games this weekend. i've got the gators and 'cocks winning the sec match ups. hope the noles don't stumble and i'll keep quiet on my other pics except to say i was never a 'canes fan.

good luck to all.

Huskers are picked to "upset" the Buckeyes. Braxton Miller put on a performance like no other QB I have seen for awhile in Lincoln last year. Amazing. And he was a freshman. When he left the game injured, the Buckeyes fell apart. Night game in Columbus. 103K fans attending after drinking all day. Should be rocking.

Last week against the Badgers in Lincoln, people have been saying it was as loud as they have ever heard it in years. What a game! Come to Lincoln if you get a chance. You'll be treated to a great day with great fans. Win or lose. Although you'll probably lose.

I like your confidence, but I'm not quite feeling it myself. The Huskers haven't played well on the road in the last year, and Martinez has melted down a few times under the pressure. However, the Husker Nation is feeling pretty good after that win over Wisconsin last week. Martinez and the team in general are more mature. We are better than we were last year. I predict if we hang onto the ball we win by 7 or more, but 2 or more turnovers and it could get ugly. Go Big Red. I really want to upset the Buckeyes at home.

I like your confidence, but I'm not quite feeling it myself. The Huskers haven't played well on the road in the last year, and Martinez has melted down a few times under the pressure. However, the Husker Nation is feeling pretty good after that win over Wisconsin last week. Martinez and the team in general are more mature. We are better than we were last year. I predict if we hang onto the ball we win by 7 or more, but 2 or more turnovers and it could get ugly. Go Big Red. I really want to upset the Buckeyes at home.

Tough place to play. And it's a evening game.

Go Ohio State

Go Buckeyes.

Go read this http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/10/05/ohio-state-urban-meyer-walkthrough/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t13_a0

Bah! Ohio St. already sold it's soul to the devil for tatoo's, and now they've straight up hired him as a head coach. :P

Good luck Saturday night! I'll be watching closely. If the article you posted is correct we better beat Ohio St while we have the chance!

:thumbsup:

ericfoerster

As usual the LSU Tigers have received zero love from the media outlets. Tomorrow is the first real test on the road with a good team. Hostile crowd, good team, and a lackluster game last week could spell trouble for the purple and gold.

I am passing on an offshore trip to catch redfish just to watch this game.

LSU tends to play better when the chips are down. Right now, the chips are down.

GEAUX TIGERS !!!

Brian,

Drained would be accurate.

For 3 years I've been wanting Jimbo to bring in an OC.

He has never been head coach, can't handle O and manage entire game.

Tries to run out clock rely on D, passed on a 51 yd field goal attempt (?) w kicker who will prob be all time FSU and ACC in number made.

D stays base entire night against a pocket passer who can't run.

Hubris.

No pressure, easy underneath routes and you lose.

Oh well, back to drawing board and hope to get to ACC title game.

Florida looks real, South Carolina explosive.

Can anyone stop Ducks or WVa?

SEC winner vs Oregon or West Va?

Sadly, as I predicted the Huskers had two or More turnovers and things got ugly. Martinez's two early interceptions cost us 14 points and completely changed the game.

South Carolina really looked good last night. The put a hurting on Georgia. SEC east might have something for Alabama in the championship game.

Bah! Ohio St. already sold it's soul to the devil for tatoo's, and now they've straight up hired him as a head coach. :P

Good luck Saturday night! I'll be watching closely. If the article you posted is correct we better beat Ohio St while we have the chance!

:thumbsup:

Well we'll well, nice game huh big ten fans!!!

Always amazing to see the scores on Sunday morning. I am heart broken over the Florida State loss, kinda surprised at the LSU loss, amazed that Michigan State had to come from behind to beat Indiana(!), I'm cheering on Penn State, and shocked Stanford managed to pull victory from the jaws of an Arizona defeat.

But the biggest shocker to me from yesterday's games was the total domination over Georgia by South Carolina! Wow, I'm impressed. So it would appear at this early stage in the season that it's going to come down to South Carolina and Alabama.

Hopefully, I can catch an NCAAF Retirement League game today. I'd love to see the Broncos at Patriots game.

re Georgia...it's a spurrier/georgia thang!

The first coach to put up 50 points between the hedges in Athens...

Couple great games for sure. I just got back from the FART, will have to look at the polls

SEC east might have something for Alabama in the championship game.

Umm, no.

And, having met Danny earlier this year, this exactly what he would have said in person. No real concerns about him getting extremely tedious like some people. :)

Well now I'm really bummed. It was just announced that Oregon State's quarteback, Sean Manion, is having knee surgery. It was a fun climb to #10 but the party's over.

That stinks.

No telling if they were really a cinderella or not, might've run the table.

I still remember Terry Baker OSU QB, Heisman, long run in the

Rose Bowl.

I think OSU starters averaged about 195 pounds that year.

Always amazing to see the scores on Sunday morning. I am heart broken over the Florida State loss, kinda surprised at the LSU loss, amazed that Michigan State had to come from behind to beat Indiana(!).

A scary weekend it was for Big 10 fans. A little Halloween weirdness come early. Wonder what we get this weekend?

How FSU managed to lose that game is beyond me and I watched every minute of it. Good defense from the opposing team but the Noles offense should have been able to overcome that. Well, "any given Saturday...."

Jimbo facing some mild evisceration around here.

20 times receiving second half kickoffs and only one TD in most recent games.

He coached scared, and is gone if he can't win the games you're supposed to.

After the game he shouldered blame, then on MOnday veered into the execution excuse.

He spent too much time working for %^$#@....

D stayed in base entire 2nd half??

Would not want to be BC up here this weekend.

The Gators survived, but I really expected more of them. I'm guessing the LSU game took a lot more out of them than I thought.

You ever see a team win, win consistently, week in and week out, yet you still aren't a believer? This is how I feel about Notre Dame. Big win over Stanford; didn't think that would happen. To me, this game was the reality test I've been waiting for. I figured after this game, reality would reassert its self and shatter the myths. But Notre Dame won!

Hmmm, OK, maybe I need to adjust my thinking about the Fighting Irish. Did they finally find a head coach who can take them places in Brian Kelly? Maybe so.

Death Valley roared last night. The wife and I have been to many games at DV and this was by far the most awesome experience we've ever been a part of.

The Golden Band from Tigerland played a little sharper, the fans yelled much more than normal, and the air was electric from start to finish.

To think I almost didn't even make it to the game. I woke up yesterday morning burning a smooth 101 degrees. Tylenol and water helped me make it through the night. I am thankful I didn't just curl up the couch and stay home.

That turned out to be a fantastic game last night. I wondered for a second if SC was going to manage to win that game given that 4th and 13 conversion to a first down, only inches from a touch down. That was a fantastic, classic, college football brawl!

Congrats on the win :thumbsup:

You know, speaking of pretenders, I must admit that West Virginia was another team that I was not a believer in, and I see reality paid them a visit this weekend. Now, at #17 in the rankings, I feel like all is right with the world once again.

Having said that, I think Michigan is a better team than their bottom of the top 25 ranking suggests as their only 2 losses were to teams ranked top 5 of the nation. That's OK, though, lets see if they can earn the respect of a top notch team as opposed to such honor being designated to them as it usually is every preseason.

The next 2 weeks will tell us a little something as they host Michigan State and then visit Nebraska. The Sparans are not as good as they should be this year, but playing at Nebraska ought to be a good litmus test as to whether this team is for real* or not.

*for real in the "Big 10" sense of the word. The whole conference is rather suspect in my view.

Fantastic win for SUU Thunderbirds at Montana last weekend, next is Weber (0-7) then Eastern Washington, now the #1 ranked FCS team, what a contrast.

If this were happening in England there would be good odds on SUU losing to Weber and beating EWU.

1000-1 at least.

Read a couple weeks ago about a dad who collected handsomely on long ago wager his son would make a certain soccer club.

Second part of bet, maybe playing or scoring (?) seemed to be in reach also.

Johnny Football

Johnny didn't play so hot today. He is going to be a good one if he stays healthy through next year.

He has a bright future if he stays healthy.

He will prolly own every SEC offensive record before he is done.

More than likely not, but he is good. He is just too small to get to that level.

There is now enough tape out there and defenses are planning on him now. It's going to be tough for him to meet/beat those records.

Ugly win, statistically lopsided, and typically full of squandered opportunities.

Fourth and a foot?

Come on...

Meanwhile Gators, with Pathos apparently calling offensive plays, dominates thru D and special teams.

Give Florida a statistical advantage like we have had at times and they'll beat 'Bama.

Said it second game of season, Gators look like most improved/improving/finding ways to win.

Don't think they can beat Alabasma with putrid offense but if they have one of those games where it clicks, who knows?

We're still hoping someone beats NC St :dopeslap: or we can't even win our division.

Maryland had 'em until 30 sec to go.

Over a six quarter stretch we've had 18 penalties for 184 yards and several TD's called back and over 400 yards of field position lost. Opponents about 1/5th of that. Even TV heads saying things like, "interesting call by the officials" about many on us and "that should have been a penalty" wrt no calls on opponents. ACC zebras are so bad/and apparently biased at times it borders on ridiculous.

Next time a conference change is in the wind we're gone, count on it. Even things like always scheduling our womens' soccer team on the road the last three games of the season leading into ACC tournament and many other examples.

Seems they don't want us even more after winning regular season basketball tourney last year and tournament the year before.

With friends like this...

May not have the option for a while but when it comes look out

we're going fast.

Sad.

Florida Oregon for National title?

Or Kansas State/Oregon?

Wonder is Beavers will win PAC 12?

Still a lot to come with PAC/Big 12's up in air and possible SEC upset in Atlanta.

Gators did a lot well, they also made some bonehead plays. I think they are having fun imagining ways to remain a Cinderella story. Nobody really expected much from them and I think it bothered the boys from old Florida...

I was really glad to see them give the old ball coach some of his own. I'll give Steve Superior some credit though... I will bet there were a dozen times that the camera caught him about to toss the visor and he never did that I saw. I guess even he wasn't going to give in to the past for the Florida faithful.

Ok, Johnny come lately here.... I have been quietly sitting back a just watching the games this year and so far I have not been truly impressed by the play of any team this year. Yea my GATORS are ranked #2 but like Matt said they are just possibly a Cinderella not much more...Early in the season to say this but next years Gator team might be the one to deal with. Alabama is Alabama but not real spectacular to me as previous Alabama teams.

So, are there any truly spectacular teams as previous years this year? Or are the teams just ok, this year?

Florida has played a tough schedule.

And handled it.

With more in wait.

Miami has played a tough schedule and haven't dealt with it well at all.

"Bama, tough part lies ahead, we'll see.

If ND beats Oklahomie and Southern Kali they will have a shot at a title.

Would be a great year for a playoff...

Well Beemerman, what do you think of the Michigan at Nebraska game this Saturday night? I'm pretty excited for the game. It's the 50th anniversary of consecutive home sellouts for Nebraska. It has been 101 years since Michigan played at Lincoln. The Big 10 divisional championship is likely to be determined by this game. I believe Vegas line is Nebraska by 2. The Huskers have been so inconsistant this year I have no idea what will happen. At times Martinez plays like he's the greatest QB ever play for the Big Red and the next series he will play like the worst.

Turnovers, penalties and really sloppy play have killed us at times this year. There is a lot of grumbling about Pelini's abilities as a head coach right now. He hired a bunch of inexperienced assistants and it looks like we're getting out-coached regularly. Pelini is prickly and surly, which doesn't endear him to the media or fans, but a win over Michigan would reassure the fans that Pelini has this thing headed in the right direction.

In other news, my next door neighbor left today for the Florida-Georgia game. He's been going to the "world's largest outdoor cocktail party" for 30 years now. He doesn't come back until Tuesday. Sounds like fun. Go Dawgs.

This should be a HUGE game for these two teams. This is a must win for both Michigan and Nebraska. Michigan entered this season as a contender, only to be shown that they are pretenders. That's not going to cut it in Ann Arbor, so Brady Hoke has to show that this team is for real, that Michigan is a true top Big 10 team to be reckoned with. This game is a must win if Michigan is going to make that case.

Overall, I think the Big 10 is a bit weak this year. Ohio State is the only consistent winner so far, and even they were taken into overtime by a not so impressive Purdue footbball team. Therefore, this is not the year for any contenders to fail to make their case in the Big 10! If you can't make it this year, then you are definitely a pretender -- at best!

My emotions and hope predict a Michigan win, but the reality is that if Nebraska contains Denard Robinson, it's over. Nebraska will win.

Definitely looking forward to the Florida Georgia game tomorrow. A great rivalry with late season implications is always a fun thing to watch and these two should be a barn burner!

Lots of folks at work today are wearing Georgia Red, but overall they aren't too confident that Georgia can beat Florida.

As for the Huskers, containing Robinson might prove difficult for us. Running QB's have been a problem for our D. If the Huskers can put together a complete game for a change we should win this thing. Unfortunately, our only consistancy has been inconsistancy.

Here's a fun link to information about the last time Michigan visited Lincoln in 1911. If you mouse over the picture at the top you can scroll around a wide angle shot of the field. Fans dressed a lot better in those days! There are a few newspaper articles from that time too which are an interesting read in contrast to today. Same basic game but different world!

1911 Michigan vs Nebraska

Horrible injury to Marcus Lattimore of South Carolina in today's game with Tennessee. I have to think he suffered a career ending injury. Don't watch the video if you are squeamish, that's for sure.

What a painful day in College Football.

Nebraska beat and beat up Michigan

Notre Dame beat Oklahoma

Arizona beat USC

Well, it is 2012, so it makes sense that the world just came to an end.

:cry:

Dawgs.....

Who woulda thunk it?

Noles thump Dukies and the Tarheels beat the Wolfpack so

road to ACC championship opens again.

We're happy with a chance to get to a BCS bowl game

if we play up not down to competition.

Georgia should beat Miss/Auburn to play 'Bama for SEC

but who will they play?

KSt/Oregon/(OrST)/ND/

talking heads at espn already starting the ND chant and downplaying Oregon schedule

we'll see.

Proud of our D as it ranks #1 or close to the top in 3rd down defense/3 and outs/scoring etc

we haven't played as tough a schedule as some but we'll see as the season progresses.

Jimbo switches punt returner and first touch is 75 yard return for TD.

Go Noles!

Archived