IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour 2012

Kinsley

I will miss ya'll, I am also leaving in the AM but headed to Va to marry off my baby boy this Saturday. Ya'll have fun and be safe!

I will miss ya'll, I am also leaving in the AM but headed to Va to marry off my baby boy this Saturday. Ya'll have fun and be safe!

What people will do not to FART!

What people will do not to FART!

If I'm not mistaken, Joel was somewhat responsible for the inspiration for this thing in the first place :rofl:

Lone_RT_rider
Lunch, Tellico Plains bakery, Thursday 1pm, be there if you can!

Enjoy Alan.... I wish I had enough vacation left to join y'all. :)

Leaving this morning. First on GA 60 and then it only gets better. The MV routes look fantastic! Thanks Ken. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Nice n Easy Rider

Well, here I am sitting at the computer posting when I should be sitting around with my fellow BMWSTers drinking. I met up with DaveCinNewOrleans (he's been working in Raleigh) in Chapel Hill and we headed out for Maggie Valley about 5:20 PM today. We had gotten onto I-40 west and traveled about 2 miles when I looked down at my TPM and saw the rear tire was registering 38 psi (I run 42). And a moment later it was 37, then 36, ...

You get the picture. Luckily I was coming up on an exit. I tried to signal Dave (in the lead) but he was in the middle of a lane change. By the time I pulled onto the shoulder of the exit ramp the TPM was reading 27 psi.

I quickly identified a good-sized cut in the middle of the rear tire. Looking more closely I say some metal and then pulled about what was left of a blade from what was probably a utility knife blade. I called Dave and told him to go on since I knew I wasn't going very far on this tire. Although I wasn't optimistic, I managed to get 4 sticky ropes into the cut, I smoothed the surface as best I could, and then pumped (trusty old Slime pump) the tire up to about 40-42.

Luckily I was only about 6 miles from home and I limped at a leisurely 30 mph to home. I've pulled the rear tire (only ~ 3K on it, dammit) and will be at the dealer at 9 AM tomorrow to get a new one. So I should make it up for dinner tomorrow but one day of riding lost. And I was sooo looking forward to this trip.

At least it didn't happen when we were half-way there. I really would have been up the proverbial creek. :)

Wow, i'm sorry to hear that and happy it seems to be working out as well as can be expected. See you in the parking lot...it's looking like a great FART is building in MV!

Great routes and terrific roads, Ken and no traffic to speak off. Also great job on the weather.

Looking forward to Saturday's ride. :clap:

Thanks for organizing this event.

PS: you know it is a good route, when it includes three one lane bridges. :thumbsup:

Mountain Mama

Had a great time today riding with the magnificent seven! Great routes and looking forward to tomorrow! Did a good job, Ken!

Cheryl

I've got to delete this from my watched list. It's just depressing seeing all the fun everyone is having while I'm at work!

Ya'll ride safe and have a great time! Take a couple twisties for me.

I've got to delete this from my watched list. It's just depressing seeing all the fun everyone is having while I'm at work!

Ya'll ride safe and have a great time! Take a couple twisties for me.

+1

Ken, think I found one of your roads by accident. 'Bout a lane and a half and saw about 12 BM's coming the other way. It was off the highlands road going NW. Nice river along the left side.

Ken, think I found one of your roads by accident. 'Bout a lane and a half and saw about 12 BM's coming the other way. It was off the highlands road going NW. Nice river along the left side.

It sounds like it...let me give you a full day's worth...just 200 miles...you'll be back by lunch

I think we saw them at the bottom of horse cove stopped for construction. We pulled up along side and took a left into the woods. :)
Do I smell elderberries?

Your mother was a hamster!

And as I get ready to leave, I'm left with these words:

As I attempt to enjoy this missed ride vicariously, I realize that my shirt has those same wise words emblazoned on it. And I'm listening to Monty Python as well. "Spam, spam, spam, spam".

I was destined for this ride and I will kill if I have to to make the next one.

Archived