IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour 2012

Kinsley

Ladies do not FART, they simply pass gas.

Terry

Those R1100S's have great fuel consumption rates. I'm sure that Shannon passes on a lot of gas. :rofl:

:rofl:

Reservation made.

Spirit willing, we'll see.

:Cool:

:thumbsup::clap::wave:

I'm with Paul; look forward to seeing you. Come on over to Jax and we can chase Bernie to NC.

Bill

Lone_RT_rider
Reservation made.

I'm with Paul; look forward to seeing you. Come on over to Jax and we can chase Bernie to NC.

Bill

Be careful chasing Bernie. I hear people that do that have a tendancy to run off the road. Or at least that's what the video showed..... :rofl:

Reservation made.

Bill

Be careful chasing Bernie. I hear people that do that have a tendancy to run off the road. Or at least that's what the video showed..... :rofl:

Am careful and still chasing. He just has to wait a little longer at the next stop sign. Don't want a part deux vid.

Bill

IN... will once again be rooming with Ken Martin, Farting will be kept to a minimum, as will short sheeting....crank phone calls...etc.... whoopee cushions are ok however... I refuse to grow up completely.

Then again what do you expect from someone with

<------------ a Sock Monkey in his profile...

Paul Mihalka
Wow! This is shaping up to be a great FART! That said, I can't believe I have to wait until October to FART!

In the meantime you can practice to make it perfect. :rofl:

Sorry, wrong info. I am OUT.

I'm starting to think you're avoiding me :cry:

You wouldn't go to Helen Back for me and now I can't get you to FART :rofl:

Yeah, Shawn, it's been a while. Looking forward to hearing about your big trip Down Under, and maybe even chasing the giant lemon through the mointains!

Uh, as someone who has not FARTed before, and is new to this forum, is there an agenda, schedule, plan for those participating? I'm interested in getting together with other RT and Motorrad fans, especially in North GA, NC/SC/TN. Forgive my ignorance, but am definitely a noob as to this group...

THX!

Not to diminish Ken's work, but there's not much of a plan or agenda, other than getting together with like-minded friends and riding.

There is usually some sort of dinner event one of the nights, but other than that, it's just hanging out around the property, swapping stories, and sharing a beverage or two or three for those into that. During the day, we typically leave in small ad hoc groups to ride. That's about it...couldn't be better!

Uh, as someone who has not FARTed before, and is new to this forum, is there an agenda, schedule, plan for those participating?
Actually, none of us has FARTed before, either. This is Ken's first FART that he's hosting. As IDs_PK pointed out ... a dinner plan and routes will come out eventually (I think Ken said in September previously in this post). There will be instructions at that time. Welcome aboard!
Uh, as someone who has not FARTed before, and is new to this forum, is there an agenda, schedule, plan for those participating? I'm interested in getting together with other RT and Motorrad fans, especially in North GA, NC/SC/TN. Forgive my ignorance, but am definitely a noob as to this group...

THX!

The plan usually is that the first member to ask leaves a credit card at the bar for members

who congregate for moral support and riding rehashing.

:lurk:

Reservation made look forward to seeing everyone. :clap:

No bike issues, but for various other reasons left my bike in Colorado Springs at a friend's home after last weeks UNRally. Plan on picking bike up on the 27th of September and taking a leisurely ride back to DC via the FART.

IN!!

This will be my first event, and I am looking forward to meeting people and having someone to ride with. However, I have been warned, very strongly, that there are several people that I have no chance of riding with. Since I have never ridden a bike before April of this year, I am totally good with that. :) Besides, I need to ensure that I am not learning bad habits from the person helping me to learn. :rofl:

IN!!

This will be my first event, and I am looking forward to meeting people and having someone to ride with. However, I have been warned, very strongly, that there are several people that I have no chance of riding with. Since I have never ridden a bike before April of this year, I am totally good with that. :) Besides, I need to ensure that I am not learning bad habits from the person helping me to learn. :rofl:

Word on the street is that you're pretty good if you're who I think you are ;-) :thumbsup:

Lone_RT_rider
IN!!

Word on the street is that you're pretty good if you're who I think you are ;-) :thumbsup:

She is, and yes she is. lol.

Shawn

LOL..I have been told I am doing ok...but I tend to strive to be REALLY good in all things :grin: I know that I still have a ways to go, but I am working on it.

Well I almost missed this one. I did not recognize the name of the ride and it almost slipped by, catchy name though. I booked my room today and I am IN, looking forward to seeing some old friends again and riding some great roads.

Well I almost missed this one. I did not recognize the name of the ride and it almost slipped by, catchy name though. I booked my room today and I am IN, looking forward to seeing some old friends again and riding some great roads.

Yes, most people try to avoid FARTs...not this crowd :/

Been told once you reach a certain age you should never trust a FART. Don't care and I don't believe it. I'm gonna push pretty hard to see if I can toot down to this eVent.

Pat

Paul Mihalka
Been told once you reach a certain age you should never trust a FART. Don't care and I don't believe it. I'm gonna push pretty hard to see if I can toot down to this eVent.

Pat

Pushing hard for a fart is very dangerous!!! :grin:

Nice n Easy Rider

Pushing hard for a fart is very dangerous!!! :grin:

Yup, you might end up with what we'll have if it rains on our event. :D

In :grin:

One more room left.

BTW, if anyone decides to wait until the last minute to join this FART, there are plenty of other hotels within easy walking distance.

I'm staying at the Probably/Maybe/Kinda Sorta IN. If anybody else is looking at having to make a last minute decision I think I may end up tent camping at the Hillbilly Campground just down the street from the Inn. The tent sites are $25/day..so being the cheap bastard that I am, I'd be happy to split the site with someone.

Got final approval from the boss lady last night! I'm IN. Anybody looking for a roommate??? I like long walks on the beach, pina colada's, gettin caught in the rain....oh, wrong forum.

Lone_RT_rider
Pull my finger I'm in! :thumbsup:

Pat

No way in heck I am pulling your finger! It will be good to see you again Pat. Which bike are you bringing?

Shawn

Paul Mihalka

Do you think I'm getting antsy? Leaving on 9/16 to ride from Maryland to FART via California and Torrey/Utah? NOOO... :)

Lone_RT_rider
Do you think I'm getting antsy? Leaving on 9/16 to ride from Maryland to FART via California and Torrey/Utah? NOOO... :)

Isnt that only about 50 miles more than your usual weekend rides? :rofl:

And here I was thinking about the scenic route down part of the BRP and over in to Tennessee a little ways.

Road condition update for future FARTers as of 8/11:

Hwy. 276 from BRP north to bottom of hill toward Cruso (about 4 miles) covered in pea gravel, 20-25 mph tops (unless you're Mert Lawill).

Hwy. 215 from BRP north toward 276 has new pavement, no lines painted yet, but may have by early Oct. Not sure how far north, didn't ride it.

Bridge out on Macedonia Church Rd. (just east of church) which means no way to connect you-know-what road to another nice road that parallels it (how's that Ken, ok?). :wave: But, there is a GSable single track through the woods and across 4' wide homemade bridge to the other side (don't have to be Mert Lawill, but could help). :)

It will be good to see you again Pat. Which bike are you bringing?

Shawn

I sense some jealousy from the GT so, she gets the nod for this one! :grin: Be good to see you again too Shawn! :thumbsup:

Pat

Lone_RT_rider

Shawn

I sense some jealousy from the GT so, she gets the nod for this one! :grin: Be good to see you again too Shawn! :thumbsup:

Pat

Jealousy? I'm just looking out for your safety Pat. I'll need to call the State police to run corner patrol if you bring the GT. As big as that thing is you'll be trailing through the inside lane for sure! 18 wheelers are probably the ones that are jealous. ;)

Shawn

Shawn

Pat

Jealousy? I'm just looking out for your safety Pat. I'll need to call the State police to run corner patrol if you bring the GT. As big as that thing is you'll be trailing through the inside lane for sure! 18 wheelers are probably the ones that are jealous. ;)

Shawn

Shawn, I am thinking Pat was trying to convey that the GT was feeling jealous since the GS went out to the UN, not that you were jealous that Pat has the GT.

To quote Dennis Miller "but I could be wrong..." :)

Road condition update for future FARTers as of 8/11:

Hwy. 276 from BRP north to bottom of hill toward Cruso (about 4 miles) covered in pea gravel, 20-25 mph tops (unless you're Mert Lawill).

Hwy. 215 from BRP north toward 276 has new pavement, no lines painted yet, but may have by early Oct. Not sure how far north, didn't ride it.

Bridge out on Macedonia Church Rd. (just east of church) which means no way to connect you-know-what road to another nice road that parallels it (how's that Ken, ok?). :wave: But, there is a GSable single track through the woods and across 4' wide homemade bridge to the other side (don't have to be Mert Lawill, but could help). :)

I've been waiting on new pavement on the north side of the BRP for awhile..that's great :clap:

Thanks for the Macedonia head's up, that was perfect. :thumbsup:

Bill, regarding Macedonia, what about the next road heading west just north of the gas station? I've taken that before, but it's not nearly as much fun.

Archived