IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour 2012

Kinsley

One month away from a good FART...don't say we didn't warn ya :rofl:

The routes to ride around the Maggie Valley FART will be out in a week or so.

Oh, I know. Although Terri and I are heading out to Smith Mountain lake for a long weekend in a little over a week, I'm really jonesing for WNC. It's been over a year since I've been down that way.

Ok, so I STILL haven't been out on the Roadrunner since I picked it up at the shop after getting new tires.

I'm pitiful.

Anybody still willing to ride with me, even though I'm guessing I'm gonna be slower than a herd of turtles??

(By the way ... Cannot tell you all how much I'm looking forward to seeing you!) Smooches!!

Ok, so I STILL haven't been out on the Roadrunner since I picked it up at the shop after getting new tires.

I'm pitiful.

Anybody still willing to ride with me, even though I'm guessing I'm gonna be slower than a herd of turtles??

(By the way ... Cannot tell you all how much I'm looking forward to seeing you!) Smooches!!

You are one funny girl, Miss Shannon.

Terry

Not sure what day/time you are heading in. But I 'd be glad to meet up along the way. OopezoO (Keith) May or may not be meeting me at my house (just north of Richmond Va). If keith does meet me, we haven't yet discussed routing but I was thinking about making it the western sort of route to go thru the Tenn/NC/VA border area. Anyway, just figured I'd put it out there.

I'm pitiful.

You are one funny girl, Miss Shannon.

Terry

I try :grin:

Not sure what day/time you are heading in. But I 'd be glad to meet up along the way. OopezoO (Keith) May or may not be meeting me at my house (just north of Richmond Va). If keith does meet me, we haven't yet discussed routing but I was thinking about making it the western sort of route to go thru the Tenn/NC/VA border area. Anyway, just figured I'd put it out there.

Thanks!! At least on the way in, Alan Donnels (Foot) and I are going to meet up ... always a lovely riding companion for me! As for Friday and Saturday, well, we'll just all play it by ear!

Thanks!! At least on the way in, Alan Donnels (Foot) and I are going to meet up ... always a lovely riding companion for me! As for Friday and Saturday, well, we'll just all play it by ear!

Great..Foot is a good riding companion.

Shannon and I plan on being in Tellico Plain for lunch at 1pm Thursday. I think we will eat at the bakery, right down from Tellico motorcycle outfitters. Please feel free to join us.

I always knew that Ken was a big fan of the arts, but I never realized his full inspiration for this event... :rofl:

I sometimes wonder what people were searching for when they find these sites on the web. Scarey thought.

------

I always knew that Ken was a big fan of the arts, but I never realized his full inspiration for this event... :rofl:

I sometimes wonder what people were searching for when they find these sites on the web. Scarey thought.

------

It was actually on the front page of yahoo a day or so ago

I'm so ready to go F.A.R.T.

I happen to be drooling over the routes as I type this :clap:

There is nothing I could add to this that would not be misconstrued. lol

I'm so ready to go F.A.R.T.

I happen to be drooling over the routes as I type this :clap:

There is nothing I could add to this that would not be misconstrued. lol

Shawn, I'll be sending you some "special routes"....when you are cussing me, tell Mitch I had nothing against him :wave:

Shawn, I'll be sending you some "special routes"....when you are cussing me, tell Mitch I had nothing against him :wave:

He's already ridden enough of your routes that he will NEVER buy that. :dopeslap:

Shawn

I leave for FART this coming Sunday. A little detour to Cali first. Fingers crossed that old bike and old body make it. I don't need any routes. I'll probably rest my butt for a day.

Safe travels Paul. See you back on the east coast!

BTW..Shawn and Ken..ya'll are REALLY making me want a GPS that will actually accept routes. I feel to get the full "KEN'S FART" experience I will need some electronic device to curse while shaking my fist at Ken.

BTW..Shawn and Ken..ya'll are REALLY making me want a GPS that will actually accept routes. I feel to get the full "KEN'S FART" experience I will need some electronic device to curse while shaking my fist at Ken.

Yes, you will only get a wiff of the FART doing it without downloaded routes. A few on this board have accused my routes of blowing up GPS unit or at a minimum making the lady that re-calculates the route very aggitated. :rofl:

Ha ha......Nice Ken.

Wish I could make it, but I think life is just too busy this fall. The only way I will comfortably be able to F.A.R.T. is if I can manage to get the siding replaced on my humble abode before then. Fingers crossed for perfect weather and lots of motivation for the next three weeks.

The only way I will comfortably be able to F.A.R.T. is if I can manage to get the siding replaced on my humble abode before then.

I'll be sure to send some of this perfect weather we have been having towards your direction. :) Good luck man. Hope to see you there!

Shawn

Safe travels Paul! :wave:

+1

Marty --- do I need to bring an extra bottle of wine to share?? :wave:

Hey, save some for me, please! I'll be thirsty! :wave:

+1

I still remember the last time she got into into the w(h)ine at Riding Smart. Paul, you and Mary drink as much of her share as possible please!! :grin::rofl:

Shawn

+1

You got it!! :grin:

Yes, you will only get a wiff of the FART doing it without downloaded routes. A few on this board have accused my routes of blowing up GPS unit or at a minimum making the lady that re-calculates the route very aggitated. :rofl:

Yes. I've been keeping my eyes out for a used 26** or one of the zumo's. No luck so far. Looks like I'll be playing "can I please ride with your group today" tactic or the good ol' "let me see where this road goes"

I am so bummed that I can't attend this prestigious, inaugural event. At least the puns are keeping me laughing.

I think we've got a winner of an idea here, let's make it an annual ride and I promise to add my "voice" to the FARTing next year.

Now pass the beans and broccoli!

I think we've got a winner of an idea here, let's make it an annual ride and I promise to add my "voice" to the FARTing next year.

Now pass the beans and broccoli!

When a few of us were sitting around thinking of potential names for the Fall Event, that day's lunch started speaking up :dopeslap:

I said "Guys, can't we be higher class than this, the name stinks?"...it was then a unanimous decision :clap:

Hi Folks,

The routes are up in GDB and GPX formats.

Please recalculate the routes in your software before loading them to your unit.

When you recalculate, if the mileage changes you need to figure out where it's screwing up and make appropriate changes. I am not responsible for your whereabouts thereafter :rofl:

FART 2012 MV Routes

As usual, I steadfastly refuse to download any routes to my GPS :rofl:

However ... I am getting pretty stoked up. My new, long overdue helmet is waiting for me at the front door of my house! :clap:

Can I go home now and try it on???? :grin:

Shannon, I up you. I steadfastly refuse to HAVE a GPS! :grin:

I'm packed! Work tomorrow. Sunday o'dark thirty kickstand up!

I'm with you Paul. No GPS ! Turn right and hope for the best. (though I'll probably get a gps one day when I can convince myself I can throw away a couple hundred bucks)

I'm with you Paul. No GPS ! Turn right and hope for the best. (though I'll probably get a gps one day when I can convince myself I can throw away a couple hundred bucks)

Paul... that's the joke ... I don't have one; probably never will (as I've gotten more and more techno-phobic as the years go by!) :grin:

Safe travels friend! See you very soon.

Paul... that's the joke ... I don't have one; probably never will (as I've gotten more and more techno-phobic as the years go by!) :grin:

I'm starting to understand why Lawyers have problems understanding technical stuff. :D

*he ducks*

*looks around to make sure EB didn't hear that* :rofl:

I'm starting to understand why Lawyers have problems understanding technical stuff. :D

*he ducks*

*looks around to make sure EB didn't hear that* :rofl:

LMAO!!! :rofl:

Archived