IGNORED

Moto Guzzi V7 Sport a Restoration of Love

Knifemaker

Bernie and Matt

Thanks so much with the wiring help last night....I learned a valuable lesson last night about motorcycle wiring...

Screw it and call BERNIE AND MATT

Thanks to you guys I might make my self imposed dead line on Saturday....All that is left is to re-solder the turn signal switch...re-mount the left handle bar switch...put on new (coming on UPS today) brake cable...adjust brakes...tie up a little wiring...put on the gas tank...connect fuel lines...AND START HER UP !!!!

Bernie and Matt

Thanks so much with the wiring help last night....I learned a valuable lesson last night about motorcycle wiring...

Thanks to you guys I might make my self imposed dead line on Saturday....All that is left is to re-solder the turn signal switch...re-mount the left handle bar switch...put on new (coming on UPS today) brake cable...adjust brakes...tie up a little wiring...put on the gas tank...connect fuel lines...AND START HER UP !!!!

really hope you didn't just jinx yourself. ;)

Bernie and Matt

remember to reroute the rear brake actuator on the left side, it is out of the guide

She lives...

IMG3259-L.jpg

IMG3260-L.jpg

Happy lad on the inaugural laps around the shop...

IMG3263-L.jpg

And now the real test, the open road...

IMG3271-L.jpg

IMG3277-L.jpg

A few niggles left to sort through, but it's still a great success. Thanks, Bill, for allowing me the honor of being the second to ride her.

And CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stay tuned. I have a feeling this bike will see the mountains very soon. I just hope I'm there to make some of the pictures to document the event.

I've seen Bill do restorations before, but he has absolutely knocked himself out on this bike, & it showed on his face today. Dude was tarred! And that's a testament to his dedication of resurrecting motorcycles that still have life left in them. That's his passion, & my hat is off to him.

I've been following this silently, but with great interest and anticipation, from the beginning.

Now I have to say... WoW!

Definitely worth the wait.

Bill, I admire your dedication and skill. And thanks for letting us follow along! :thumbsup:

It has been an absolute pleasure following your restoration journey. Thank you for sharing and allowing us a window into this very cool process. It is easy to see the reward at the end, maybe not so easy to envision along the way. Well worth all the time & effort. Beautiful machine. Enjoy!

Outstanding Bill you are a true "chevalier" who went trough this quest with outstanding succes and like the best stories you end up with the princess and we hope that you will both have a long and happy life.

Thank you for bringing us along in this magnificent event and for all the time and efforts that you so generously put in this forum.

Be assured sir that you planted the seed for many followers in the restoration of classic motorcycles (and I agree with Quinn).

I have a tough time applying a proper coat of wax, some fine talent you have there. Thanks for taking the time to show us your work. :thumbsup:

Pat

+1 for me as well. I can rebuild a motor, but I have no ability to make something show and shine like that.

Bill, that bike is breathtaking

I have a tough time applying a proper coat of wax, some fine talent you have there. Thanks for taking the time to show us your work. :thumbsup:

Pat

+1 for me as well. I can rebuild a motor, but I have no ability to make something show and shine like that.

Bill, that bike is breathtaking

I really can't do neither :dopeslap:

I am totally ham-fisted and have -done more damage than good - which, is why I sold a Suzuki 850Gs to Bill that me nor the original owner could get it working. Bill had it running in 4 hours!

:clap::clap::clap:

You've all been had by Bill.

Somewhere, he found a new V7 Sport gathering dust at a dealer. He then disassembled it for the in-progress photos. Photoshop undoubtedly came into play.

Some people will believe anything.

Bob

June 11 - September 11

Well it's been 3 months since the first post and almost 22,000 reads which I find increditable.

I wish to thank all who went on this ride with me.

Sophia, (yes Tim (Tallman) you inspired me from the get go with her name)is completed.Untold hours went into this restoration... basicly 35-40 hours a week for the 3 month period.

As Danny said in his post I was very tired and exhausted yesterday matter of fact when he left me at lunch yesterday a new BMW rider called me from my shop and wanted me to look over his new to him R1100RS so I went back to the shop and spent 3 hours with him showing him how to do basic maintenance on his bike. After that I went home and woke up this morning... :eek:

Sophia is, to coin a phrase is a bucket list motorcycle for me and no Tim you will NOT see a classified for her. But what really inspired me on this build was YOU the readers of BMWST.com. I thought alot about my love of motorcycles during this build and my hope is that if one of you folks take the time to try a restoration of an old motorcycle your lifetime relationship with motorcycling can come full circle. If you find you just can't do it take the time to find someone who can and will ask Sharon she understands this. If you don't want to put the money into the motorcycle give it (yes I said give it)to someone who will do it... you will still have the satisfaction of knowing that something that gave you pleasure is still out there and there is someone with the bike and a smile on thier face.

As Danny stated maybe in the future Sophia will join the group maybe in the hills of North Carolina...I think this little Italian girl would love to meet up with her new BMW brothers.

Thanks again for your support and a special thanks to Bernie, Matt, and Danny....

By the way Tom.............we are done !!! :)

Bill,

Ya done good.

I think a new riding kit is in order if you take her to the mountains.

Maybe something like an Italian flag helmet.

ab27-550.gif

Bill,

Ya done good.

I think a new riding kit is in order if you take her to the mountains.

ab27-550.gif

If he show's up in that, there will be pics and undoubtly some quotations from Matt featuring scenes from the Gumball Rally . :)

Awesome job Bill! Nothing of that level comes without intense labor and love. :thumbsup:

Simply amazing!

Shawn

think a new riding kit is in order if you take her to the mountains.

I let you name Sophia....but I thing I'll stay with my own wardrobe....

Nice job Bill, I'll have to get by to see 'er in person. :thumbsup:

BTW, now that you're probably sitting around bored, here's a couple 'barn finds' that could keep you busy awhile (year or two anyway). They popped up on CL within hours of your completion, probably get 'em for a song. I think it's a sign. :)

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/2592414948.html

You are an evil, evil, man! :rofl:

Nice job Bill, I'll have to get by to see 'er in person. :thumbsup:

BTW, now that you're probably sitting around bored, here's a couple 'barn finds' that could keep you busy awhile (year or two anyway). They popped up on CL within hours of your completion, probably get 'em for a song. I think it's a sign. :)

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/2592414948.html

You are an evil, evil, man! :rofl:

What?..

:grin:

You are an arteeest.

Thanks Larry, as I told Huzband Saturday...I was worried about you cuz you never made a comment on this post...thought I lost one of my favorite supporters... :grin:

it's been a pleasure to follow your progress on this beauty. congrats on wrapping it up.

What are you plans for it...ride, show, put in living room and stare at it???

What a beautiful motorcycle and what an amazing restoration! You have inspired me to take on my first restoration project. It is not to be compared with yours, however. I was "bequeathed" a 1977 Kawasaki KE 175. It actually does run and seems to not have been wrecked, so I will see where this leads.

Congrats on the completion of your labor of love!

Bill, I am constantly amazed at the work you do (and thankfully share with us here). Just outstanding! There is one thing you seem to have an abundance of, and I'd like you to send me just a little. Patience! :grin:

There is one thing you seem to have an abundance of, and I'd like you to send me just a little. Patience!

Thanks for the kind words........I'm pushing all the Patience to you I can...hope it does not get lost in cyberspace..... :wave:

Archived