IGNORED

Moto Guzzi V7 Sport a Restoration of Love

Knifemaker

There is one thing you seem to have an abundance of, and I'd like you to send me just a little. Patience!

Thanks for the kind words........I'm pushing all the Patience to you I can...hope it does not get lost in cyberspace..... :wave:

Dang, I thought you lost all of yours working with me an Bernie on the wiring.

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

There is one thing you seem to have an abundance of, and I'd like you to send me just a little. Patience!

Thanks for the kind words........I'm pushing all the Patience to you I can...hope it does not get lost in cyberspace..... :wave:

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

He did. That's why he left me to do the front brakes. :grin:

BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He did. That's why he left me to do the front brakes.

I guess I over-worked myself on this one....Lately I have had less patience than normal...Found myself throwing a certain switch across the shop Thursday night certain switch is now installed...Bike would not start Saturday morning Right petcock filled with gunk (my fault) now it seems I may have to rebuild the left petcock (no power)...Buddy in his willingness to "help" screwed in the clutch bar too much bike stalls out when you let out the clutch...Had to fix that problem...

Bernie put up with me again on Sunday afternoon...Hopefully all these little bugs will work themselves out that are causing my frustrations.....

I wanna RIDE !!!!!

Bill, your next project awaits......

Cool alway wanted a Britt Bike

Please, please don't do it. I thought you had oil leaks. :rofl:

Besides the airhead is sitting there and waiting patiently. :wave:

Thanks for the call, Bill. Great news tonight! :thumbsup:

Oh, you didn't hear? Bill got all the lingering niggles sorted out & Sophia is road worthy & properly registered. And he's been invited by M-G to bring her to Barber for their 90th anniversary next month.

Sorry, Bill, but I can't help myself from braggin' on ya.

No superlative is sufficient; your patience and attention to detail are nothing short of astounding.

The bike is a true credit to you, one hopes it pays you back in full measure.

Woot!

See what happens when I step away from the forum for a spell? I miss the inaugural ride!

Bill, the bike looks AWESOME!

Congratulations on a job well done!

She lives...

IMG3259-L.jpg

IMG3260-L.jpg

Happy lad on the inaugural laps around the shop...

IMG3263-L.jpg

And now the real test, the open road...

IMG3271-L.jpg

IMG3277-L.jpg

A few niggles left to sort through, but it's still a great success. Thanks, Bill, for allowing me the honor of being the second to ride her.

And CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm so glad there are people out there who bring beautiful machines back to life. Thank you for sharing your work, Bill. :clap:

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Bill, what happened at Barber?

Just People's Choice award, that's all. :clap:

That was a hint for Bill to tell the story ya goombah!

Sorry, been a little busy lately. OK BARBER VINTAGE DAYS...

I took a 7 day vacation (which for those who know me is like someone taking off work for a year. I was asked to bring the V7 to Barber because it was also Moto Guzzi's 90th anniversery. A buddy and I left out of Gainesville, Fl at 9:00 p.m. and arrived at Barber at 4:00 am the folks at Barber we nice enough to let us go on to the camp area early.

Hand held for 4 sec. exposure

Dawn at the Barber camp site Friday morning...

2011Barber-176sts-S.jpg

unloading the V7

2011Barber-183sts-S.jpg

The V7 was entered into the Motorcycle Classics Magazine / Moto Guzzi's Bike show the judging was to be done on Saturday about noon and awards on Saturday at 4:00.

Some of the Moto Guzzis on display

2011Barber-104sts-S.jpg

Views around Barber that weekend

2011Barber-096sts-S.jpg

Swap Meet...

2011Barber-100sts-S.jpg

2011Barber-092sts-S.jpg

After all the judging was done my V7 took home the PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD and that made me proud.Look for the pictures in an upcoming issue of Motorcycle Classics.... If you have not been to Barber GO GO GO...This was my second time and I can't wait to go again....

AGAIN THANKS for all your support during this build...I bought another "bike" while I was there... :rofl:

Congrats Bill. The bike looks incredible. With me not being much of a "fit and finish" guy, restorations have always impressed me.

So whats next on the agenda? :)

AGAIN THANKS for all your support during this build...I bought another "bike" while I was there... :rofl:

A) Thanks for taking us along on the journey while you restored the V7, it was fun to watch and a wonderful result.

B) Congrats on the People's Choice Award, I'll bet that felt good!

C) I hope the new bike you bought is another project, and we will all get to watch the restoration effort.

Hello, my name is Bill and I'm a restoreaholic.

Good problem to have, I think.

So, what continent this time and will we need passports?

Congrats.

:clap:

cy50jog_black.jpg

1987 Yamaha Razz after walking for 3 days at Barber I decided I need a "pit" bike......Runs great looks so so but for $150.00 I can throw in the back of the truck and cruz instead of walking at shows....

No big resto here....

SEND BIKES I WILL BUILD.... :grin:

I do need to start the R75/5 some day though....

Lone_RT_rider
Yeahbut, can it wheelie? :grin:

Not with your skillz :wave:

ummmmm Kettle, meet pot. :rofl:

Shawn

Disclaimer: I can't pull a wheelie either, as much as Gleno used to try to make me do it. :)

ummmmm Kettle, meet pot. :rofl:

Shawn

Disclaimer: I can't pull a wheelie either, as much as Gleno used to try to make me do it. :)

I can only do a power wheelie, but never quite got the balance thing down. I think the goose is heavy enough that once it's settled on the back wheel it'll be stable. I doubt we'd loop it more than twice getting used to it....

Archived