IGNORED

Who is comin to Torrey XXI????

Whip

markgoodrich

Dave, I'll be at the Holiday Inn Express on Menaul in ABQ tomorrow evening by around 6...

I don't see the horrible weather everyone's mentioning on the sites I check...rain, sort of cold, no need for more than a snowmobile suit...am I missing something? If it's going to be horrible weather someone please confirm.

Dave, I'll be at the Holiday Inn Express on Menaul in ABQ tomorrow evening by around 6...

I don't see the horrible weather everyone's mentioning on the sites I check...rain, sort of cold, no need for more than a snowmobile suit...am I missing something? If it's going to be horrible weather someone please confirm.

I don't either and I'm in Utah. Snow overnight but looks OK by noon Thursday.

Maybe Bob Palin could tell us if 72 is open and clear? Or stick with 24 from the west?

My plan right now is North on the 15, East on the 70 and South on the 24 to Torrey. I'll go over the mountain Saturday on the way home.

Leaving Sac tomorrow ~ 8 AM. Looks like the weather will be OK by morning across the Sierras on 80. Then on to Fernley, Fallon, and 'The Great Beyond' that is US 50. Rain certain along the way.

Ely by evening if all goes well. Torrey by Thursday afternoon.

At the Boulder View. See you all there!!

I'm in Kingman. Rain this morning leaving Los Angeles. Then wind from Barstow to here.

Tomorrow is Page.

I hope the approach from the south is okay, from Blanding, via 95 and the boat across Lake Powell at Bullfrog.

dc

Leaving Sac tomorrow ~ 8 AM. Looks like the weather will be OK by morning across the Sierras on 80...

Chain controls are currently in effect over Donner.... 3-5" snow expected overnight into tomorrow morning. High of 38 degress predicted for tomorrow at the summit...

Good Luck!!!

barryNmarin

I'm in Ely now and there were no problems at all on 80 or 50 from Fallon to Ely. It got down to 33 degrees going over the Sierras and it snowed starting at Blue Canyon but not hard and the road was just wet with no hint of snow accumulation or ice. It never really rained; just a off and on sprinkle all the way. Also no traffic at all! Sweet!

You shouldn't have any problem tomorrow. Good luck, be safe.

I made it to Wickenburg in about 6 hrs., w/only 1 stop for lunch/gas. I could not have done it without my new BILLMAYERSADDLE! It got a little windy around Beaumont and Palm Springs but it was mostly at my back so all was good. Then I decided to see what 62 would be like as it parallels 10 for quite a bit. Big friggin' mistake!!!!! Cross winds from hell, and I quickly turned tail and u turned back to 10. 60 into Wickenburg was a nice, if uneventful little jaunt. Looks like rain tomorrow in the north part of AZ, with snow in places. I'm still going to try to get to the Mogollon Rim and Salt River Canyon though.

Dennis Andress

Nearly everything is packed and ready to go. We plan on leaving around 6:00 am. That should get us to the Chuckwagon before 8:00 pm. Tomorrow's high in Baker is supposed to be 74 degrees. Lost Wages will only see 67. It's going to be interesting. :eek:

Either of these will make my phone buzz...

805 336 5247

dandress2@gmail.com

Ya'll ride good.

markgoodrich
Leaving Sac tomorrow ~ 8 AM. Looks like the weather will be OK by morning across the Sierras on 80...

Chain controls are currently in effect over Donner.... 3-5" snow expected overnight into tomorrow morning. High of 38 degress predicted for tomorrow at the summit...

Good Luck!!!

I don't understand. Why can't bikes with drive shafts use that road? OTD in about 30.

Good morning....birds and owls are yacking. :) Temperature climbing at 36 degrees at 6:45am.

Last evening just before heading to dinner

Louise, Laura and Tom, Bob, Ed and Larry

mail-L.jpg

and now at 7:15am it's lightly snowing. Not to worry, that can change any minute. ;)

I-70 is dry and clear right now over the passes in Colorado but the passes will not be good tonight, I can see the storm clouds massing. Roads West from here should be fine although wet by tomorrow morning. I am in Edwards just West of Vail and I will be leaving around 10am tomorrow, Thursday, morning if any one is coming out I-70 and needs anything before then. I do have rescue gear. 9703319559.

Live Colorado road camera feeds: http://www.cotrip.org/roadConditions.htm

and now at 7:15am it's lightly snowing. Not to worry, that can change any minute. ;)

Yes, Welcome to Utah...

Maybe you guys can chant up a nice day for tomorrow...?

Good Luck!!!

Clear here in Sac. The summit looks cold with roads wet and still a bit 'slushy'. When they look dry,(hopefully around 10:00 AM) I'm off!

I am cutting west thru' Las Vegas which will put me in Torrey Thursday instead of Friday.

Looks like too much rain, wind and snow to the east, and not a lot of visibility to see the sights.

Maybe I can go back to the east, but the prediction is for more rain next week.

What happened to summertime around here?

dc

Mike,

I-80 clear, but cold over the summit. Boring, yes. But a cut down to Fallon and it's...well...less boring. Rt 6 has high gusts (45+) predicted. Even getting to 6 is out at this time, last I looked.

Bon voyage!

markgoodrich

Boring? No, boring is west Texas. Highlight was a dead porkypine, breaking up the monotony of dead deer and skunks. I was hoping to come upon a semi over the hill, tipped over, quills stuck in a couple tires, driver standinf there in the dust looking shocked, but all I saw was the dust. Who knew porkypines live in west Texas?

**   Chris   **

I did. I have seen several down Big Bend Way. But always on the side of the road dead. Like West Texas Armadillos...

Mike,

I-80 clear, but cold over the summit. Boring, yes. But a cut down to Fallon and it's...well...less boring. Rt 6 has high gusts (45+) predicted. Even getting to 6 is out at this time, last I looked.

Bon voyage!

Tell me about Rt 6....I was planning on using it. What's wrong???

SUNS OUT SUNS OUT

It's shaping up to be a beautiful day.

Bright and sunny!!!

Just like Kathy.

:wave:

Mike,

Bon voyage!

Tell me about Rt 6....I was planning on using it. What's wrong???

I don't know why US6 would be a problem.

Getting to it via a short route might be.

I80 is open. Chain controls as recently as last night.

US50 is closed over Echo summit due to construction.

SR88 is open. Chain controls as recently as last night.

SR4 closed-snow.

SR89 (Monitor Pass) Closed-snow.

SR108 closed-snow.

SR120 closed-snow.

US395 open - no restrictions.

Well if 88 doesn't lose the snow before the morning....I'll take I-80 to US395 in Reno south to US 6 Mono Lake.

Next problem is 14 out of Cedar City.

Well if 88 doesn't lose the snow before the morning....I'll take I-80 to US395 in Reno south to US 6 Mono Lake.

Next problem is 14 out of Cedar City.

I'm going to come home on 14 but going it will either be over the mtn on 20 or go around on I-70 to 24. Right now I'm thinking it will be OK tomorrow. These storms seem to go through in the AM and then thunderstorms build up late afternoon.

Mrs. Caddis

I'm glad we came a day early. Hit some rain and wind on the way in. We were even able to snag a cancelled room at the CW!!!

I just passed an RT with a Nevada plate all loaded with luggage going North through St George. I waved at him from my truck, the guy probably thought I was nuts! I'll look for him in Torrey tomorrow and tell him it was me.

Just put a new rear tire on. I was going to squeeze one more trip out of the old one, but with the weather I thought better of it. I would have felt really dumb if I fell on my butt in the rain with a new tire sitting in the garage.

Yes, Welcome to Utah...

Maybe you guys can chant up a nice day for tomorrow...?

Believe me, we did some chanting :grin: and the day isn't over yet!

SUNS OUT SUNS OUT

It's shaping up to be a beautiful day.

Bright and sunny!!!

Just like Kathy.

:wave:

:) Awwww....

Don't worry folks, for as nice as Larry is being to me Edd is right there to bring me back to the ground, with a hard thud. :grin:

The birds are singing up a storm...eh, make that just singing. The sun is out. Temps cool. Peeps GREAT!

Jack Herbst

Well we are here at the Sandstone! Weather is somewhat disapointing. Cold as hell with 45 degrees and wind blowing (windchill is 37 degrees). Snow forecast tonight and 80 percent chance of rain tomorrow, 50 percent chance on Friday. Saturday is forecast clear with more thunderstorms on Sunday.

Roads were clear all the way across 12 from Bryce to Torrey.

Lunch in Boulder was fantastic!!

Jack

Paul Mihalka

Stopped for today in Durango. Last night Garden City. Today it started real nice, but on top of Wolf Creek Pass I was wiping the snow off my faceshield. 35 on top and my electric gear died. The wireless Warm'nSafe controller stopped controlling.

Hope to see ya'll tomorrow pm.

...The wireless Warm'nSafe controller stopped controlling...

CR2032 is your friend!!!

See you tomorrow!! :wave:

You know Paul, I used to have a simple "one/off" switch for my heated vest. Always worked. When you got too warm, you turned it off and when you got too cold, you turned it on. Simple is beautiful. besides, you don't have anything else to do on a moto so using an on/off switch is not a big deal.

john

I'm in St George. How is 9, 89 and 62 into Torrey? I'm trying to find web info but I don't see any.

Between Kingman and Las Vegas hail, very strong wind. But it didn't kill me.

They had the sign lit up even down near Kingman "High wind warning (or advisory?); Bypass Bridge." And nobody was on the bridge but me. Very nice and windy.

Then between Las Vegas and St George fairly nice and sunny. Just two storms, only one of which caught me in St George.

I tried the Chuck Wagon but I guess they didn't finish with the waiting list so I'll be at the Capitol Reef tomorrow.

dc

markgoodrich

Whew!!!! The four hours out I-10 from Austin to Ft. Stockton were cool, then very hot by the time I got to Stockton, but other than the porkypine, uneventful. The minute I turned north onto US 285 the wind blew directly across the road...all the way to I-40 east of Albuquerque. The further north I rode the higher the winds got, gusts blowing me all the way across my lane...and doing the same to 18-wheelers. Very exciting.

Looks like rain gear all day tomorrow....yay.

Rte. 6 prolly OK. It's getting to it that could be tough.

Hail, Hail all Hail US 50. Sleet snow rain and Hail all in one day. Made it to Ely. Not really too bad if ya gots a rain suit. Just anxiety when you are traveling in the slush tracks for miles.

Torrey by early afternoon. Yeah!!

I'm in St George. How is 9, 89 and 62 into Torrey? I'm trying to find web info but I don't see any.

Between Kingman and Las Vegas hail, very strong wind. But it didn't kill me.

They had the sign lit up even down near Kingman "High wind warning (or advisory?); Bypass Bridge." And nobody was on the bridge but me. Very nice and windy.

Then between Las Vegas and St George fairly nice and sunny. Just two storms, only one of which caught me in St George.

I tried the Chuck Wagon but I guess they didn't finish with the waiting list so I'll be at the Capitol Reef tomorrow.

dc

That is a good route. I've done it a number of times. I'm going the fast way tomorrow and coming home to St George the scenic route Saturday. I'll be at the Boulder View which I recommend.

We're in Pocatello Idaho. Raining here. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Sounds like we'll have a wet day. Cold - seems like we've not left Canada yet!

(Hopefully) see you all tomorrow!

Paul Mihalka
...The wireless Warm'nSafe controller stopped controlling...

CR2032 is your friend!!!

See you tomorrow!! :wave:

Even so I started with a new battery in it, I hade a spare battery. I put it in and it does the same thing: it works for a short time then quits. The little red light stops lighting up - I open it, remove and reinsert the battery, it works for a little while. Now I bent up a bit the connections to battery. See what it does tomorrow.

Sitting in Ely this Wednesday Night, Just below Crater Lake it was a full blown snow storm Tuesday afternoon, luckily I was in back of a line of cages and the snow hadn't decided to stick yet, made it to Summer Lake Hot Springs for a evening soak and some sleep. Woke to snow flurries which followed me to Nevada.

I had planned on crossing I-15 at Beaver than going over the hill on 20, but Utah ODOT thinks I'm pushing my luck so it looks like I'm going to run up the hill to 24

Paul, bad luck with your controller, It made me think though... My spare is in the tail section of my 1150... dang

Sleeping here in payson tonite. Rode out of wickenburg to Prescott and jerome on the very nice 89, then tried crossing on 260 over to payson, but winds and rain beat me down. I detoured to Phoenix for lunch then took 87 back up to payson. Hope to ride east on 260 tomorrow then take 60 south then 191 north and stay in springerville. Friday it's north on 191 up into Utah. It was rain off and on all day today. I actually saw two vivid rainbows but by the time I found a place to stop for a pic they were almost gone damn. It's the Capitol reef inn for me on fri.

Stopped for today in Durango. Last night Garden City. Today it started real nice, but on top of Wolf Creek Pass I was wiping the snow off my faceshield. 35 on top and my electric gear died. The wireless Warm'nSafe controller stopped controlling.

Hope to see ya'll tomorrow pm.

You can use my Gerbings controller when you are here and on your return trip if it is compatible, or can be modified to work.

Arrived late into Twin Falls. The majority of the day through Eastern Wa. & Or. was pleasant. Thirty minutes of an intense shower washed away 500 miles of bugs. Off to the hot tub now.

russell_bynum

This reminds me of the Torrey event a few years ago when it was snowing all around Torrey on Friday when everyone was supposed to arrive. Randy Austin (owner of the Chuckwagon) got a call from a friend who owns a motel down the road a bit...

"I had the whole place booked with Goldwing riders, but they've all just canceled because of the weather."

Randy: "You should be more selective with your clientele...my BMW guys have been rolling in all day. We had one guy cancel, but that's because he got appendicitis."

Lol!

That was the same gathering where a big group was coming over 12 and got rained on, then snowed on, then more rain...then rode through a heard of cows. They all rolled into the CW frozen and covered in cow sh!t.

Good times.

Archived