IGNORED

Who is comin to Torrey XXI????

Whip

Sounds like this is turning into an "Out" thread at least for one more post....

After being off work for 10 months due to a total knee replacement, I finally got the go-ahead to get back to the salt mines. New Schedule starts on Friday...Yep, that Friday.

Whodathunk they would put me right at the beginning of the schedule??

Anyway, Prolly not politically correct to beg off the first shift back, so... somebody on the CW waiting list should be getting a call... :(

Wish I had a more exciting reason like Phil & Jamie, but Duty calls.

BTW, for those that know me well, this is prolly the only time I have ever even approached PC. Never fear, I won't make a habit of it..... :/

bakerzdosen
Now that right there is funny!

No, the neighbor is on his own......with no forwarding address given him.

Ah HAH, the REAL reason you're moving.
I seriously thought about a funnel and an empty soda bottle :eek:

Is it time to RIDE yet??

I may have to leave Thursday. I can't stand this.

I know what you mean. Keep looking at the maps daydreaming and wishing it was Weds already so i could leave.

Two Sr. Manager staff meetings I have to pretend to be interested in, a couple of contract reviews and one presentation until lift off. I WANT TO GO OUT AND PLAY! The guys on staff also ride and are ticked I'm taking off, no slack at all. I might have to sabotage a power point or something, slip in a riding picture by accident.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to get here, just took this

20110510_sd960_2778_800.jpg

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate utility poles? I did just hear the weather man say that summer will arrive on Thursday.

20110510_sd960_2778_800.jpg

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate utility poles? I did just hear the weather man say that summer will arrive on Thursday.

I feel your pain, Winter storm warning here for tonight and tomorrow. I was supposed to go to Denver tomorrow but I think I'll bow out, I don't feel like sitting in traffic on the passes because somebody crashed in the snow again.

Dennis Andress

Strange weather this week. It rained last night. Real rain too, not the June gloom condensing fog stuff. I can't remember the last time it rained in Socal in May.

Brant Herbert

Bob, do you know whether Boulder Mountain pass is closed or not? Looks like GC north rim at Jacob Lake is still closed but due to open this weekend (fingers crossed). Considering that route vs. coming in from the east this trip.

Thx

Brant, do you mean Utah Highway 12 from Boulder to Torrey?

If so it's open all year, although you certainly wouldn't want to be up there today, 6" of wet snow and cars off the road everywhere.

It should be fine by tomorrow.

I SO wanted to meet Amelia this trip. Don't make me wait for prom! :cry:

The Wee is Pointing.... out of the garage like a dog staring at a duck.

Did anyone notice that the planets are aligned ?

Except that we got those darn mountains to the East of us. :(

Maybe once we get down to the desert.

OK, winter only left Alberta about 3 weeks ago. I was still shoveling snow and unable to warm up the garage until late April.

An intermittent looseness in the rear end over the last two years was eating away at me, so I got the RT fully apart and the rear drive in for a new crown bearing a couple of weeks ago. The original crown bearing was in pristine shape. Other "preventative" maintenance included a spline lube (transmission input splines unchanged from 30,000 km ago), replace the clutch slave cylinder and a change to the brass paralever bushings. All proved unnecessary as everything was in great shape. But a 9 year old bike has lots of rust and corrosion, so more things broke and needed taking care of. Big delay in parts availability results in the RT still looking like this today:

Rear_drive_back_on.jpg

Which is still a lot better then a week ago when it had no transmission or final drive.

But Torrey in a week seems less likely with every passing day. We’ll see how much I can get done on Saturday.

Mike Cassidy

Paul Mihalka
Thanks Russell. But, you should delete that post. If Laney sees it she'll ride off on your Tuono for the weekend...

I should heal well enough in the three weeks before Torrey. If my bike isn't back together by then there's an EX-500 Ninja in that garage that makes me laugh my a-- off everytime I ride it. The big thing is going to be how we pay to fix the bike. Out of pocket, or insurance. Cheap insurance is nice to have, especially when there are two K1300Ss in the garage....

Dennis, how are you doing?! I hope your plans are in place to get to Torrey. I don't think I've seen you two since you got married! Gotta add more to my memory bank...

Wow! Living in Folsom..three square and all ;)? !

I hear they have some good concerts in there too....LOL!

Sorry to hear you won't be there Jamie :( !

But good luck with the move though... :thumbsup:

OK, winter only left Alberta about 3 weeks ago. I was still shoveling snow and unable to warm up the garage until late April.

Big delay in parts availability results in the RT still looking like this today:

Which is still a lot better then a week ago when it had no transmission or final drive.

But Torrey in a week seems less likely with every passing day. We’ll see how much I can get done on Saturday.

Mike Cassidy

Oh heck Mike, you’re almost ‘there.’ Easy make. (Me thinks maybe you should have tucked that air box back up in there sooner though?)

Don’t feel too bad, Tuesday morning at oh-light-hours will be the first time since last Sept. we’ve been on the bike at all. Nothing like a first day 800 km (to Great Falls, MT) ‘shake down’ ride, eh?

See you (and everyone) on the other end!

K & D

Dennis Andress

Hi Paul,

It's not going well. My rib and toe have healed, but my right leg has a pulled muscle that gets better and hurts again every time I take the dog for a walk. Poor dog isn't getting many walks these days.

The damage estimate on the bike was $5,500. Just for reference, a K1300 S muffler is almost $1300!! We decided to cover the cost ourselves, rather than suffer an increase in insurance cost for TWO K1300s. Doing the work myself and not replacing the muffler and clutch cover -- you need to look hard to find the damage on that -- cut the price in half. But, it also blew our vacation savings. Oh, and, the right fairing side piece is on a boat from Germany. I put the old one back on, but it looks UGLY.

Bottom line, we're pulling our hair out trying to get there. If we do, it'll to be a low budget trip.

Dennis

:cry:

It's been a long time since I saw my buddy, Laney

Yep, that's the worst part of the idea of not going.

We're trying to figure out a way to cut costs, the cabins across the street are looking attractive, a reliable neighbor (already in the animal business) just started petsitting as a side business and may work out better than the usual petsitter, feed the bikes mid-grade gas instead of premium for a few days, etc., etc.

We're working on it. We just need to figure out which Peter we can rob to pay Paul... :P

Paul Mihalka

"We're working on it. We just need to figure out which Peter we can rob to pay Paul... :P "

You don't have to pay me anything this time... :grin: Really hope to see you all!

Will miss not seeing all you rascals. We are planning Fall Torrey for sure. Looking forward to seeing some of you at the UN.

Jack Herbst

Try the Sandstone Inn. Great Place. Indoor pool and hot tub,restaurant on premises.$68 single and 1/3 mile from Chuckwagon. Have stayed there before.

Looks like long underwear weather next weekend. Brrrrr

New to this group. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jack

I am efforting for that week off, and hoping the stars align. I'd be solo, XL.

Efforting FAIL. Biggest deal of my career closes in less than a month and there's no way to swing this without time travel, or career suicide. :(

Everyone be safe and have fun! :wave:

Try the Sandstone Inn. Great Place. Indoor pool and hot tub,restaurant on premises.$68 single and 1/3 mile from Chuckwagon. Have stayed there before.

Looks like long underwear weather next weekend. Brrrrr

New to this group. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jack

Thanks, I've been doing Torrey for many years and always look forward to my visit. Now living in St George it is a nice easy ride, much easier than when I rode from So Cal. 214 miles each way.

Efforting FAIL. Biggest deal of my career closes in less than a month and there's no way to swing this without time travel, or career suicide. :(

You can run, but ya can't hide.

We may just have to come visit you again this summer.

;)

;)

I think an UN should be in Joel's backyard ;)

markgoodrich

Good grief! I hadn't looked at this thread in a month. Looks like I'll get to meet just about everyone who's ever posted on the BMWST next week!

Oh, wait. Bob, when IS Torrey?

;)

I'll start practicing my drumming.

;)

I think an UN should be in Joel's backyard ;)

A muddy UN. North of the Poudre River, we've got some roads, but only 2 are paved.

russell_bynum

A muddy UN. North of the Poudre River, we've got some roads, but only 2 are paved.

IN!

Ready for my 3rd day... lifting off from Columbia, MO on I 70... as soon as there is enough light. Birds are singing :wave:

Getting close. 50 mile bicycle ride planned for this morning. I'll be Utah. By late afternoon.

Jack Herbst

Packing our rain gear and long underwear. Leaving Tuesday AM. I hope the Chuckwagon has a place for a bonfire, we're going to need it. Forecast is rain showers and 47 degrees until Saturday.

Jack and Camille

I'm routing around the mountain in case weather stay nasty but it looks like my ride in Friday will be OK.

Is there anything planned for Friday night?

BEER!

WHERE??

At Pool?

Dinner at Capital Reef Restaurant? If yes, time?

I will want an XL T-Shirt if available

Jack Herbst

Better yet, we need a fire pit for a bonfire and BEER. Highs are forecast to be in the mid to high fortys. Lows are forecast to be a Three Dog Night.

Jack

beer by the pool friday night I am guessing :)

Wurty, Did you ever notice you joined up here almost exactly a year before I did?

Archived