IGNORED

Who is comin to Torrey XXI????

Whip

Understand about the timing issue and the tour times. But you really aren't sitting in a bus for the tour. Its a converted heavy duty Chevy pick-up dually. The back is basically open with seats (like a school bus) so there are no windows, just open. You sit above the cab so full view. Stops are quite often so the threes hours isn't just sitting in the thing. You get out and walk around with the local indian guide telling you about his home.

Its really a must do if you're in the area.

russell_bynum
Hot D@mn!!! :clap:

This is lookin' to be an epic Torrey!!!!

Lot's of great folks!!!!

...and Wurty, too!

:grin:

Hot D@mn!!! :clap:

This is lookin' to be an epic Torrey!!!!

Lot's of great folks!!!!

...and Wurty, too!

:grin:

Hate it when I am too slow...... :rofl:

hindsight
I am greasing my girdle right now and planing my route.

Boise to Torrey without going through Salt Lake City . :wave:

What did I do or say?!?!?

I currently don't have plans to attend, but it won't take much to twist my arm.

Wurty, What route you taking?

I'm scared to ride through Salt lake because of traffic and the fact I have never been there before.

I guess I am going from Boise to wells nevada and then to ely and then over to Salida and then into torrey ??

Andy is there a better way ???

SageRider

Wurty,

If you want a scenic route with some sweepers and some tight curves so you can abrade your cheeks on the road, try ID51 south out of Mountain Home / Becomes NV225, and joins US80 in Elko.

Be sure that it hasn't snowed recently!

Bill_Walker

Given my wife's ongoing health issues, it was always iffy whether I'd make it to Spring Torrey this year. But now I've looked at my calendar and realized that my daughter's college graduation is that weekend (5/22), so I am definitely OUT. Children's feelings are so easily hurt, you know?

Have fun, and I'm pretty sure I'll see some of you in the Fall!

russell_bynum
Given my wife's ongoing health issues, it was always iffy whether I'd make it to Spring Torrey this year. But now I've looked at my calendar and realized that my daughter's college graduation is that weekend (5/22), so I am definitely OUT. Children's feelings are so easily hurt, you know?

Don't be silly, Bill. Your daughter is studying to be a lawyer, right? Everyone knows they don't have feelings, so quit making stupid excuses and get yer ass to Utah.

:Wink:

So.... the angles have been fastened and I have bridged the crevasses. And the work load is all caught up as good as its gonna get. The calender is marked.

Will leave here the 17th, Torrey 20th,21 leaving the 22nd.

Its gonna be fun teaching the 09RT how to get to Utah.

X-Large(one)

IN

Alert for riders arriving from the North, East and West who are going to Torrey!

Feel free to think of our house as a HOST HOUSE if you want to stop in Salt Lake City on the way. I have garage space, workshop with tools and so forth if you need that.

We have 3 sleeping rooms and plenty of space. If we get some interest we can host a Meet N' Greet the evening before we leave for Torrey.

We have reservations at Chuck Wagon starting Thursday so Wednesday is the last over night we can host. Susie will be driving down on Thursday, while I will be riding. Any locals who want extra baggage to go to Torrey in the car please let me hear and we can make arrangements.

Anyone interested either Post here or send me a PM. If there is interest I will post directions and numbers.

Bob and Susie.

ghaverkamp

Don't be silly, Bill. Your daughter is studying to be a lawyer, right? Everyone knows they don't have feelings, so quit making stupid excuses and get yer ass to Utah.

I wouldn't take that approach. Rather, I'd observe that there's going to be another graduation in just a few years, anyway.

Oh so tempting! I will be leaving Seattle and stopping in Twin Falls on Wednesday just a few hours North of you. This winter has softened up my seat interface, 840 miles is just a tad long this early in the year.

I'm scared to ride through Salt lake because of traffic and the fact I have never been there before.

I guess I am going from Boise to wells nevada and then to ely and then over to Salida and then into torrey ??

Andy is there a better way ???

Wurty, I'm not Andy.... but I like riding from Ely 50 to just before the border and cut of on 487 to Garrison than 21 to Beaver... Just down the hill on I-15 ya can do 20 across to 89.... left to 12 or right to 62, 24.

Bill_Walker

I wouldn't take that approach. Rather, I'd observe that there's going to be another graduation in just a few years, anyway.

LOL! Thanks, guys. I'll run those lines by the kid and her mother and let you know how it goes.... assuming I survive.

russell_bynum

LOL! Thanks, guys. I'll run those lines by the kid and her mother and let you know how it goes.... assuming I survive.

:thumbsup:

bakerzdosen

FWIW, I still don't know yet if I'll be there. I'm pretty sure we're not gonna make it a family outing this time around, but I may show my face once during the weekend.

Bob Palin
FWIW, I still don't know yet if I'll be there. I'm pretty sure we're not gonna make it a family outing this time around, but I may show my face once during the weekend.

You stay home and send the good lady, Capitol Reef Inn is looking for help again...

They have actually asked that if we are going to descend on them Friday and Saturday we let them know so they can get extra help in - shall I tell them to expect us?

bakerzdosen

You stay home and send the good lady, Capitol Reef Inn is looking for help again...

They have actually asked that if we are going to descend on them Friday and Saturday we let them know so they can get extra help in - shall I tell them to expect us?

Such love... such love.

Lemme guess - this treatment is just because of the version upgrade that added the FB "like" button to the bottom of the pages here huh?

Or maybe it was the potstickers...

Brant Herbert

Oh what the heck..... IN! Planning Friday arrival, Sunday departure. Traveling solo. Not sure where I'm staying, may be camping it again.

hindsight

That is definitely better tha I84 and I15. Just bustin' your nuggets.

Hope everyone has a good time. Still trying to pull the right strings to get down to see everyone again.

Headed up with Arizona Al on Thursday. Have room for a roommate Thursday through Saturday.Snoring okay no off gasing though.

Headed up with Arizona Al on Thursday. Have room for a roommate Thursday through Saturday.Snoring okay no off gasing though.

With a handle like yours you're worried about that??!!! :rofl:

Oh what the heck..... IN! Planning Friday arrival, Sunday departure. Traveling solo. Not sure where I'm staying, may be camping it again.

Woot! Between you, Paperbutt and Wurty it's almost a family reunion. Now if only we could talk Cary and Denny into showing up.

russell_bynum
When's the last last time anyone saw Denny???

It's been a long time. We went shooting together...sheesh....was that three years ago?

We trade emails from time to time, but it's been a while.

Hmmm....Butterkup, ol' Wake Turbulence, and Tool are all in San Diego. I say we swing south and kidnap those three mofrackers then haul their asses to Torrey.

flyingreg

Seriously Bill,

Just give 'em that Bill Walker smile and charm and they couldn't possibly say no to you. I'll be lookin' for you in Torrey. :thumbsup:

Dennis Andress
When's the last last time anyone saw Denny???

Signman's Signoff....

He was riding a KLR, said the Duc and KRS were for sale.

396416569_ebHGk-L.jpg

I haven't seen Denny since Cody, WY :cry:

OK, slight change of my plans. I'm riding to Torrey, with no stops in NM or AZ. I'm booked Wed - Sat nights at the Capital Reef Inn. I decided that I needed a room with a bathroom :grin:

A nice cabin is now available across from the Chuckwagon at Torrey Trading Post at a bargain $35 per night.

I'm so excited that I'm about to burst! :clap:

I seriously thought about a funnel and an empty soda bottle :eek:

Is it time to RIDE yet??

I may have to leave Thursday. I can't stand this.

I hear ya Kathy! I am off to NY on Wed for work, get back to town Sat, then we are heading up Tuesday morning. Can't wait for my hug!

Tommy

I seriously thought about a funnel and an empty soda bottle :eek:

Is it time to RIDE yet??

I may have to leave Thursday. I can't stand this.

I know what you mean. Keep looking at the maps daydreaming and wishing it was Weds already so i could leave.
AdventurePoser

I'm leaving on Friday after school, if my plans hold. It will be good to see everyone!

Cheers,

Steve

Firefight911

Well, Jamie and I are officially out now. Couple reasons;

1. No bike as BMW has had it for 34 days as of this posting. Yes, several have offered a solution to this and I am so humbly appreciative, but;

2. Jamie and I are getting the keys to our new house on Friday, May 20 so there's movin' to be done. We will be living in Folsom after the move. Something like a 37 second commute in the fire truck from work to home.

Stay tuned for a tech day! Gotta break in the proper 2 car garage ya know!

bakerzdosen
2. Jamie and I are getting the keys to our new house on Friday, May 20 so there's movin' to be done. We will be living in Folsom after the move. Something like a 37 second commute in the fire truck from work to home.

Stay tuned for a tech day! Gotta break in the proper 2 car garage ya know!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Are you going to bring your neighbor with you?

Firefight911

Now that right there is funny!

No, the neighbor is on his own......with no forwarding address given him.

Archived