IGNORED

Less then 8 weeks to Torrey!!!

azkaisr

skinny_tom (aka boney)
Time is getting close and poor Richard is fit to be tied.... picked up his bike yesterday at SF BMW, after having a new final drive installed... only to get home and have the cracked handle bar (if you recall from an earlier ride tale) break!!!

Looks like he might be riding b#$*^ this time :grin:.

Aw now come on! There's two more bikes over there. Tell him to ride one of them.

Torrey XVII has begun.....

Where is everyone?????

:lurk:

You are going to have that deck/porch sanded and refinished by next weekend before we all show up... aren't you?

Funny how it was Jamie's idea a year ago and he hasn't shown up since .... :grin:.

Richard asks that you re-index the garage and house for everyone.. :/

Where is everyone?????

You are going to have that deck/porch sanded and refinished by next weekend before we all show up... aren't you?

Funny how it was Jamie's idea a year ago and he hasn't shown up since .... :grin:.

Firt thing first......I have to find the camel. :wave:

Where is everyone?????

Firt thing first......I have to find the camel. :wave:

Whip's quest for a hump begins.... :grin::dopeslap:

Where is everyone?????

Yeah, yeah, yeah! We'll get there.

You mean Kiler is going to acquiesce and allow it to happen. After Jamie bailed last year and asked me to help out, Killer politely but adamantly refused. I can help out Friday.

Excited is at a fervor pitch to get there!

You mean Kiler is going to acquiesce and allow it to happen. After Jamie bailed last year and asked me to help out, Killer politely but adamantly refused. I can help out Friday.
There's already enough sand here - tell me again why we need more?

Almost time, Leaving Thursday at 5AM to try to get through St George at least before it gets TOO HOT. It was pretty cool this morning early so I'm putting liners into riding pants and my jacket for the early hours of the ride. I'm keeping my top case empty so I can shed cold weather stuff (heated vest, and liners) as I go North. I feel like I have so much room with no camping gear! I always still take my sleeping bag as insurance but having room for a laptop feels like luxury. Weather forecast in Torrey looks like thunderstorms are possible Friday. I'll already be there but those coming in Friday should keep an eye on weather. This string has gotten really quiet, is everybody on their way?

We leave Thursday at 330 AM. 700 miles later we'll be in Torrey mid to late afternoon!

we're bringing 6 bikes with us!!!! 4 on trailer (R1200R, F800ST, and 2 G650 X Challenges), 2 being ridden (2 '07 R1200GS Adventures), and 4 people (Jamie, myself, Steve, and Rene). Steve and Rene are both newbies which means . . . . .

FRESH MEAT!!!!

At work today and tomorrow. Load up Wednesday. Ready to launch!!!

Both dualsports are ready to go, as is the truck. We sat down last night and came up with a list of all the junk that we'll have to bring for Steven. It's not as bad as I was expecting

We'll leave Thursday afternoon after work and get as far as we get. We're shooting for Torrey mid-day on Friday, but it really depends on how Steven travels.

6 bikes and 4 riders,,, sounds like you will be prepared.

Quick question??? ...What if the truck breaks down this time, which 2 bikes will be left behind? :dopeslap:

See you all Thursday.

Quick question??? ...What if the truck breaks down this time, which 2 bikes will be left behind? :dopeslap:

See you all Thursday.

Go stand in the corner Roger! BAAADDDDDD BOY!

Both dualsports are ready to go, as is the truck. We sat down last night and came up with a list of all the junk that we'll have to bring for Steven. It's not as bad as I was expecting

We'll leave Thursday afternoon after work and get as far as we get. We're shooting for Torrey mid-day on Friday, but it really depends on how Steven travels.

Once you take a couple of trips you get it down to a patern of what you need. The first two trips we brought way more than needed thinking of hot and cold and everything we might possibly need. After that it got easy and now we almost feel like we're forgetting something since we bring so little now. Jack either doesn't need as much now or we just figured out what he absolutely needed.

My dirt equipmemnt has already started it's trek to Torrey without me. :grin:

I'll be on the road about noon today from Milwaukee. Lots of long Interstate miles to go, but I'll see with a Sweeper Madness smile on my face on Thursday. :wave:

Thurs. 3 am I leave the Oregon Coast headed East

New rear tire, check

Packed, check & rechecked

All system, up and on standby

Yeah baby

Tank, How many miles is Torrey from your home in Oregon?

Gregg

I am sitting at the Lemoore Naval Air Station right now being screamed at by FA18 E models. I love the smell of JP5 in the morning.

Leaving Tomorrow am for breakfast in Mojave and off to Teri Mac's to meet up with the dish herself and BrianT.

Scotch and cigars at the Chuckwagon thursday evening.

You guys are rolling out on Wednesday instead of Thursday? I was planning on spending some time at TMac's on Thursday. Don't tell me no one will be there?!

Breakfast in Mojave? Is that roadkill? ;-) I grew up down the road in Ridgecrest and can't remember anywhere fit to eat in Mohave...

Sigh...I live too close to Torrey, so I don't need to start out until Thursday morning to make Torrey by Thursday afternoon. This week's going too slow. . . . . . . ...

later,

jan

I'm driving - with 2 dogs and a girl. I can bail after work on Wednesday, but that won't put me in BC until 11pm or midnight. Maybe 10pm if I bail out early. I'll see what I can do.

A quick run in the truck to Torrey today to drop off the dual sports. Riding the RT's down Thursday. Should be in between 2 and 3 pm. Heading over to Killers to put new tires on the DR-Z.

Ohhhh baby are you all in for a treat!!! Weather couldn't be finer, and colors are at peak. So beautiful... and peaceful.

It's gonna be a great Torrey!

Jan

I'm driving - with 2 dogs and a girl. I can bail after work on Wednesday, but that won't put me in BC until 11pm or midnight. Maybe 10pm if I bail out early. I'll see what I can do.

2 dogs ok but what about the girl :clap:

Did I hear that somebody's got half a room and a whole bed going begging?

PM me if so. Yeah, I'm late, so what. If Hopz hadn't kept gently prodding me (thank you, by the way, Bob) I wouldn't have gotten this far.

I have friends who are going to be in town down by Bryce in an RV I'll probably shoot out to see at some point, but their schedule's uncertain and they are on vacation and killed their cell phones so I have no idea where or when they'll be, my life's a cyclone of messes and uncertainty, so I figure what the hell it's right down the road and I like stinky cigars, and you all can't be worse than my pending ex wife. Can you?

If I can find a place to bed I'll either ride down with the Hopzes Friday morning or Friday afternoon after I sneak out of work early (in case anybody else from SLC is heading down Friday afternoon and needs a rabbit....)

Tic toc.....tic toc......so close.......can't sleep......gotta go......tic toc

Hee hee hee!

Just back from a taser call. Shift can't end soon enough.

Leaving sometime on Thursday. No plans, just an easy ride from SLC to Torrey. I'll get there a while after I leave. :Cool:

See you on Thursday.

I'm glad to hear you are going to be able to make it. Jan and I will leave "early" on Thursday. "Early" is a relative term, which for me is anything from 4 or 5-ish to 7ish. I'm not certain of the route, but Jan tells me probably Fairview canyon.

I'm up early this morning and plan to get to the office and try to get in a full day and come home early. We'll see since I'm still sitting around in my bathrobe drinking coffee. :/

See you there.

If I can find a place to bed I'll either ride down with the Hopzes Friday morning or Friday afternoon after I sneak out of work early (in case anybody else from SLC is heading down Friday afternoon and needs a rabbit....)

Good idea. We'll see you there, Mike.

Tic toc.....tic toc......so close.......can't sleep......gotta go......tic toc

Hee hee hee!

Just back from a taser call. Shift can't end soon enough.

Hope you zapped the jackass..

I'm Leaving in 1 hour.

For those coming from the southwest. Anyone with maintenance issues near St. George, Ut. I have garage space, some tools and access to a HF tire changer. I'm no mechanic; but I'll help. Call: 435-229-7921 for directions.

Hi Mark... long time no hear from you. Come on up to Torrey and have a beer and a Brat with us. (If we can find a Brat)

I have discovered another Universal Truth....

No matter how many times you check the oil before a ride to Torrey... if you have not ridden in a week... it never changes... weird man....

Tick tock....

What the h... Are y'all waiting on.

It'll prolly be snowin by the time you get here.

:thumbsup:

Get'n closer.

In Rifle, CO, only 270 miles to go. :clap:

See ya soon!

Archived