IGNORED

Less then 8 weeks to Torrey!!!

azkaisr

Since Nando went AWOL, I thought I would post this.

I am thinking I may ride into town Wednesday and back Monday this fall. And I am just riding this time. Though I could be talked into riding up Tuesday even

Anyone else coming in early?

Firefight911

Thursday afternoon arrival for us.

Big decision to make is which one of us is driving the truck and trailer and which one gets to ride out on their bike. Lots of paper, scissor, rock, dynamite going on in the house to decide!!

Thursday afternoon arrival for us.

Big decision to make is which one of us is driving the truck and trailer and which one gets to ride out on their bike. Lots of paper, scissor, rock, dynamite going on in the house to decide!!

Answer..... You BOTH ride, leave the truck at home :grin:.

Firefight911

I don't think the X Challenge will fit on either bike!

Well... We all know Jamie will make it. And on a bike! :eek::grin:

Firefight911

Ouch!!

+1!!!

Thanks, Micheal. :grin::thumbsup:

Now come on.... if the famous "Barb" (from Alaska Leather) can ride her X Challenge from Anchorage to Dawson City (and I saw her do it)... you Sir can ride your from your home to Torrey!!!

I know, I know it has a small tank but where there is a will, there is a way! :grin: You going to let a girl show you up?

BeniciaRT_GT

Now come on.... if the famous "Barb" (from Alaska Leather) can ride her X Challenge from Anchorage to Dawson City (and I saw her do it)... you Sir can ride your from your home to Torrey!!!

I know, I know it has a small tank but where there is a will, there is a way! :grin: You going to let a girl show you up?

Dam,

That's gonna leave a mark!!!!

Just ride the thing. OR, take the GS and ride it in the dirt there. Isn't that the point of having a GSA?

Similar planning process going on over here.

I want to this time bring the X-Challenge but we need a road bike there too...

Most likely we'll end up pulling a trailer to Torrey. Exactly what's going to be ON the trailer is not yet clear.

Arrival on Thursday afternoon, out on Sunday morning.

--

Mikko

And, since Nando won't be at Fall Torrey, I'll be looking for someone who wants to share "The Middle Cabin" with me. Must be willing to put up with all kinds of riff raff bouncing in and out at all hours (it has been known to happen)----

I am planning on arriving on Thursday and leaving on Sunday--

Contact me if interested

ArizonaAl

I'm very tempted having missing Springtime Torrey - OK, so this would be my first time! Anybody else coming from SoCal? I'd arrive Thursday evening and leave early Sunday morning. Would that allow enough riding time to see the sights and beautious wonders of Killer's home turf?

Jeff

Phil,

Put all bikes in truck/trailer, and ride together in the truck. Don't spend your energy riding across boring HWY 50.

Arrive in Torrey rested and ready to tackle dirt, street or whatever roads that riding mecca wants to throw at you.

And when others give you a hard time for arriving in a truck/trailer, you show them by doing another 200 miles or so one afternoon while they head back to the hotel cause they're tired from riding all the way out there!

:)

The other half of the cabin has been taken---

Sage Rider thinks he can put up with all that goes on--time shall tell :Cool:

Firefight911

The more important question is, Can you?????

Dennis Andress

Sadly, we're not going to make Fall Torrey. :( It's sad because we won't be able to spend our first anniversary with the ya'll. We expect to be fully (financially) recovered from buying a house by next Spring though...

Anyway, is there someone who wouldn't mind printing name tags this time? Also, someone will need to tell Randy a few days ahead of time how many people to expect for Friday night's dinner. I don't want to make these "official" duties, it's just that if I don't speak up early Bob could wind up doing it all by default.

And, one more thing, since 'Nando isn't going to make it, someone needs to stand up on Friday night and get things started.

Dennis

Well Phil, I'll give it a shot and if things get rough, I'll just have another beer---Hell, I'll probably do that anyway-- :dopeslap:

Tom, you must have been reading my mind. I just now decided to check the Planning section to see if there was anything about Fall Torrey to raise my spirits...and here it is!!

I will be so ready to get away come Torrey Time! I'll get my start Wednesday after work and arrive at the Chuckwagon on Friday afternoon. Early departure on Monday.

Similar planning process going on over here.

I want to this time bring the X-Challenge but we need a road bike there too...

Most likely we'll end up pulling a trailer to Torrey. Exactly what's going to be ON the trailer is not yet clear.

Arrival on Thursday afternoon, out on Sunday morning.

--

Mikko

So, you got room for an xtra x-challenge on your trailer? Maybe you save Phil some gas money and solve his problem, and he has some of that gas money left over for you? No sense in two trailers coming from NorCal. You two need to talk!

Us, Bullett and I will be in Thursday night and leaving Sunday. About 6 down on the CW waiting list, and a back-up reservation at the Capital Reef.

What's the official drink this time Tommy?

Jan

You two need to talk!

Jan

"Matchmaker Tommy" already gave me the same advice. Quite touching this that you guys so care about putting your fellow riders together.... :grin:

Phil, you want to meet for a date? How about on 8/16 in Benicia?

Seriously, yeah we should see if we can consolidate. Many things just are still up in the air.

--

Mikko

I'm very tempted having missing Springtime Torrey - OK, so this would be my first time! Anybody else coming from SoCal? I'd arrive Thursday evening and leave early Sunday morning. Would that allow enough riding time to see the sights and beautious wonders of Killer's home turf?

Jeff

No, not hardly. Well, that depends on how you like to see things, but you're not even going to scratch but maybe half the surface in that amount of time.

But come back in the spring!

Jan

Thanks Tommy. You're a good man. :thumbsup:

Thanks to you, Jan and I have squared away our Fall Torrey schedule and now we get to leave in the morning on Thursday instead of boring old, Thursday afternoon.

Cute. I had to read to Jan outloud, the history of Tito's Vodka. . . in Texican. I think can still pull off the accent, at least after a couple of drinks!

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

I'm thinking about it Tom.

I'll let you know as time draws nearer.

Rich

Where's that whistling "incoming" smilie when you need it..... :dopeslap:

Firefight911
You two need to talk!

Jan

"Matchmaker Tommy" already gave me the same advice. Quite touching this that you guys so care about putting your fellow riders together.... :grin:

Phil, you want to meet for a date? How about on 8/16 in Benicia?

Seriously, yeah we should see if we can consolidate. Many things just are still up in the air.

--

Mikko

No kidding! I got a call from him while I was in Physical Therapy today.

He told me you like Pina Coladas, long walks on the beach, rain storms, and, well, you know . . .

Let's talk! I'm sure we can sort something out. I can get three bikes on the trailer and two in the truck so we should be able to figure something out.

We'll talk at Richard's.

Jeff

Jeff, I'll be coming from So Call and so will a lot of folks.

Gregg

Hey Tom, I just spoke to Fernando. He said you were quite worthy of posting this in his absence and he thanks you.

He was, as of 7:30pm local time, heading north on I-5 crossing Lake Shasta and expects to overnight in southern Oregon.

To the fine people of the PNW, consider this your warning! :grin:

We'll be getting in on Friday from Moab and leaving Sunday. This will be part of a bigger "run around Utah" ride for us (our first) so our Torrey stay will be perhaps a bit abbreviated (compared to others). Still really really looking forward to finally meeting some more of you face to face. :thumbsup:

As for the "official" drink. I'll be hoisting my left leg, hand on knee and posing like the Captain. :grin:

Pankin my panties already.

Cheap cigars are on order.

Wurty, is that supposed to be "packin" or "spankin"? With you, it could go either way, but I'm betting on "spankin". :grin::wave:

yabadabapal

Well, even though I'm not going because I'm in 6th gear at work,

(oh I forgot to mention I don't have a motorcycle) I was curious about Torrey. It looks beautiful. Here is some info for anyone who is curious and doesn't already know. I expect some exciting threads and posts when you all get back from your trip, (please).

(Copied and pasted)

Torrey is in Wayne County in the south central part of Utah eight miles from Capitol Reef National Park. The town was settled in the 1880’s by Mormon pioneers. Legend has it that Torrey was named after one of Theodore Roosevelt’s Rough Riders, Colonel Torrey.

The population of the town itself is 120. It is estimated that as many live in the area surrounding Torrey. The elevation is 6830 feet, making the summers very pleasant. The winter temperatures range from 0 to 60 degrees. The summer temperatures range from 50 to 90 degrees.

Torrey has had many famous visitors, among them John Wesley Powell, Butch Cassidy, Zane Grey, Maynard Dixon and Wallace Stegner, and some of the craziest people who belong to an organization called bmw sport touring dot com.

Me too, Wurty. Should get there either Thursday or Friday depending on which way we go. Fernando is off to bigger and better things so I'll get to sleep in!! See you all there!!!!!

Me too, Wurty. Should get there either Thursday or Friday depending on which way we go. Fernando is off to bigger and better things so I'll get to sleep in!! See you all there!!!!!

Whoo Hoo! Been too long!

I suppose VLAD the Impaler is coming too...

Now I can only oogle you behind his back.. bummer.

:grin:It will be Good to see both of you

Firefight911
Soooooooooooooooo....

Who wants to get dirty on Saturday??????????????

11,000 feet or bust!!!!!!

Hand in air like Horseshack.

Horshack.jpg

This is funny. I raced off road for 40 years and went road riding in retirement. Sounds like some of you are going off roading in retirement.

This is funny. I raced off road for 40 years and went road riding in retirement. Sounds like some of you are going off roading in retirement.

...but we ain't racin.......we've been on all the paved within 100 miles many times.....now it's times to get dirty!!!!!!

Why don't you lead us??????

:thumbsup:

...but we ain't racin.......we've been on all the paved within 100 miles many times.....now it's times to get dirty!!!!!!

Why don't you lead us??????

:thumbsup:

Me thinks I need a dirt bike!

Jan

Didn't even ride on a gravel road until I was 30, first dualsport at 35, first dirt bike at 50. Wish I had started much earlier but had no background.
Who wants to get dirty on Saturday??????????????

11,000 feet or bust!!!!!!

11000 feet means either Boulder Top or Thousand Lakes top. I would like to something a bit more interesting than the spring ride which ws just a stroll along good dirt roads. We could go up to Boulder Top from Bicknell on the dirt roads and ride around up there from end to end, there is a small loop but some backtracking will be necessary. Then those that want to can take the ATV trail down the side of Boulder Mountain, it's not particularly technical but has some loose spots and some narrowish spots with drops off the side, wide enough for an ATV so no problem for us. Much more interesting than just riding on dirt roads. If I have time I'll run the ATV trail before people get to Torrey.

Interested?

Well while you're all out getting dirty I'm going to find some clean roads to explore. Before you all rush off I'm going to want some advice. Oh, and it's only 6 1/2 weeks now. :grin:

Well while you're all out getting dirty I'm going to find some clean roads to explore. Before you all rush off I'm going to want some advice. Oh, and it's only 6 1/2 weeks now. :grin:
I think this is your first visit right? The prime route is Utah 12 from Torrey to Bryce with a side trip down the Burr Trail to the end of the pavement. Once at Bryce you can continue on to the end of 12 and take 89 or the Koosharem road back north to Wayne County. It's about a 250 mile loop, many people go to Red Rock Park on 12 past Bryce then turn round and ride 12 back as it's so good. Second nice ride, considerably shorter, is up 72 (Sweeper Madness) to I70 then back down 72 to the Fish Lake turnoff, up to Fish Lake and round to 24 back to Torrey. More?

Thanks Bob, and yes it's the first time. Following Torrey we're acutally heading south to Kanab via 12 then 89 so we'll for sure be seeing that (I've read so much about 12 I feel like I've been there already). I guess my dilema will be whether to do the 72/fish lake portion or take the scenic road into Capitol Reef (never been there either). If you had to pick something for essentially one day (Saturday), what would you plan (knowing we'll head south on 12 on Sunday)?

Archived