IGNORED

Less then 8 weeks to Torrey!!!

azkaisr

Calvin  (no socks)

Also left a long extension cord... All ya need is sandpaper...Couldn't decide which type.. or See if the lawn needs mowing...If he needs more R-134 in the truck, my gauges and Ultra Violet lamp are still there, I can send freon if someone wants to service the truck AC for winter... :grin:...anybody...anybody

Ya'll check on my pal Fletcher... Thanks..see you in the spring.

Also left a long extension cord... All ya need is sandpaper...Couldn't decide which type.. or See if the lawn needs mowing...If he needs more R-134 in the truck, my gauges and Ultra Violet lamp are still there, I can send freon if someone wants to service the truck AC for winter... :grin:...anybody...anybody

Ya'll check on my pal Fletcher... Thanks..see you in the spring.

Calvin, meaning to ask you about the gauges etc - want me to send them back? I need an address.

Truck AC didn't work when you left and it hasn't changed. I think I've only driven it 2-3 times since spring Torrey, it's a winter vehicle. Right now it's in the garage hooked up to a battery tender! I should probably get it registered...

Rumour is that Fletcher is moving back to the Red River Lodge, a very suitable place for him, they like the added visitors he brings too.

Calvin  (no socks)

Thanks Tom....you are worthy...

Post a new picture of him if you get a chance. I'll reimburse you for the digital film, pixels, flash bulbs, etc...... :grin:

Since his All Star appearance in the July 4th parade Fletcher charges $5 a picture now, $10 if you want him to nuzzle. Just give the money to me and I'll see it gets to the right place...

You have no friggin clue where he is even and you expect us to pay you? BAHAHAHAHAAHAAAHA HA
Ya wanna see the camel again, ya hand over the dosh.
You have no friggin clue where he is even and you expect us to pay you? BAHAHAHAHAAHAAAHA HA

Killer, the Camel Pimp! :grin::wave:

If I recall... Ace Ventura... the Pet Detective didn't need help to find Fletcher the last time ...

298343482_jXSve-L.jpg

298343805_dhJaH-L.jpg

298344708_YCf2Z-L.jpg

298345710_LyLM5-L.jpg

298348317_RkFPm-L.jpg

I'm just saying....

Could someone explain the camel? I think it must be an "inside" story and I'm outside.
Fletcher - The Torrey Camel! He lived next door to me all winter and became an online celebrity, but he was moved to fresh pastures before spring Torrey so he had to be found

2294820900_5b27923078_o.jpg

Calvin E (No Socks), Camel Expert, Camel Whisperer, was photographed kissing Fletcher, but for some time it was rumored that Richard (BeniciaRT-GT) had kissed the camel, leading (humorously) to his (all too real) throat infection and false alarm with throat cancer and ending up with this:

5151.jpg

No thanks to Rob (Crazy Canuck).

Now wouldn't you have rather asked about Wurty's inflatable pig in sheep's clothing, or oil or something.... :grin:

Could someone explain the camel? I think it must be an "inside" story and I'm outside.
Fletcher - The Torrey Camel! He lived next door to me all winter and became an online celebrity, but he was moved to fresh pastures before spring Torrey so he had to be found

2294820900_5b27923078_o.jpg

It is also widely believed that Fletcher is the most famous, well-liked, and the friendliest Torrey resident. :lurk:

Now wouldn't you have rather asked about Wurty's inflatable pig in sheep's clothing, or oil or something.... :grin:

Well actually NO! I've been around a very long time and I know WAY more about Wurty and sheep than I want to know :=) But the camel must have been an issue while I was off in Ethiopia with very limited internet.

It is also widely believed that Fletcher is the most famous, well-liked, and the friendliest Torrey resident. :lurk:
Widely believed along the Texas/Mexico border maybe IHOP.gif
35F in Torrey this morning, 26F up at Donkey Lake which is at 9800 feet below the cliffs to my south.

Bring your woollies.

Don't you Torrey people know about global warming??? Let's get with the program! :grin:

35F in Torrey this morning, 26F up at Donkey Lake which is at 9800 feet below the cliffs to my south.

Bring your woollies.

I so need that cool weather. :clap: Too bad we can't update the thread topic to "3 weeks to Torrey!!!"
russell_bynum

Bring your woollies.

I ain't skeert.

Bring your woollies.

I ain't skeert.

Not me either! LINKY

russell_bynum

Bring your woollies.

I ain't skeert.

Not me either! LINKY

:grin:

And this time I ain't gettin' caught up there in a daggum snow storm in my PJ's again. I've got a nice warm set of dualsport gloves and a jacket. :Cool:

russell_bynum
Not me either! LINKY

Looking back at that thread just makes me jealous all over again. I sooooooo need to make one of these offroad excursions.

If you want, we can bring Lisa's DR200 as well as my DRZ and you're welcome to join us.

We're goin later in the year than usual.

I bet the aspens on 12 will be showin off there fall colors for us.

Up on 70 should be nice too......but you have to ride through sweeper madness to get there. :grin:

Killer.....What do you think????

Whip

We're goin later in the year than usual.

I bet the aspens on 12 will be showin off there fall colors for us.

Up on 70 should be nice too......but you have to ride through sweeper madness to get there. :grin:

Killer.....What do you think????

Whip

Maybe, if we have more cold like this morning they should start to turn but mid October is usually the best time. It's not supposed to continue as cool as it was today, seems to have marked the end of the summer rain season.

Yeah, not a problem to bring my bike too, Brian; I'll be on baby-sitting detail all day (although, I did tell Russell I get to at least ride up and down main street a bit!) My bike is very tame, so no worries. You should totally go; that dirt ride was a blast!

Just in case, I NEVER cross the Rockies without my Gerbing, not even in July or August. I used it this July on my travel to the UN in Oregon.

With next years UNrally in the East, may be I can do a Torrey visit again.

For what its worth...we are already getting color change up here in the high country East of Salt Lake City.. at 6000 feet.

Larry I think that is a picture of Mount Baldy....if I'm not mistaken up by Mirror Lake Highway.. (?)

Larry I think that is a picture of Mount Baldy

...noooooooo.....that's the back of Killer's head :grin:

Yes I could see that but what's the round white lump behind it? :dopeslap:

I just want to be there when he smacks you upside your head Whip.

It'll be a lot louder if Whip smacks him back.

Let's see now, that's rainsuit [check], helmet [check]. OK you guys keep describing the festivities and I'll be showing up at the Friday night get together ATGATT. :dopeslap:

Let's see now, that's rainsuit [check], helmet [check]. OK you guys keep describing the festivities and I'll be showing up at the Friday night get together ATGATT.

I've got shin guards on my list.

Not if you factor in the hollowness factor Greg. :)

Not if you factor in the hollowness factor Greg. :)

What are ya tryin to say....my good friend??????

WOW !!! Only 3 weeks til Torrey.

Over the past few weeks we have talked about many things when we get to Torrey, but in the interest of the newbies that will be there, and who will not be riding off road, I think the “Veterans of Torrey” need to come up with some good ride routes for them. Not only do we need to come up with some of our most memorable routes, we need to have a few veterans to lead the way. Maybe we can discuss the details Friday night at pool side.

An all time favorite of mine is of course “Sweeper Madness” (Rt 72) and the Fish Lake loop. But let us not forget going through and stopping in Capitol Reef National Park to take in the wonders of this small but interesting park.

Other good trips are down “95" to the “overlook”. Out to Goblin Valley to see where some of the movie Galaxy Guest was filmed. And if our new friend didn’t come in by way of Hwy 12, a trip down to Escalante is also a "must do".

What good first time trips did you enjoy???

One of the original Dick Frantz day loops was rt. 95 south to Natural Bridges, back up on rt. 276, take the ferry over Lake Powell (I hope there is enough water) and back to Torrey. I really liked it.

Archived