IGNORED

BMWST.com's Death Valley Daze, Martin Luther King Weekend: January 18-21, 2008!

KMG_365

Great memories from last year.

Last ride with a great friend.

He still gives me $h1t and says I ride a girls bike.

If only in my mind He'll be riding with me on this trip too. thumbsup.gif

146957145-M.jpg

Like you, last years DVD was the last time I saw or rode with him. It was one of the best roadtrips I took with him and I'm still thankful that I got one last big dose of Gleno before he left us. Like the first Torrey after his crash, I will definitly be thinking of and missing him all weekend. I might have to snatch a wheelie for him in DV. wink.gif

Lori and I also spent that entire day riding with Gleno and the boys.

When we all stopped at Furnace Creek to get coffee or grab a smoke and recon the days ride Wurty and Glen were bantering back and forth.

True man filth talk! It was classic. I'm sitting next to my wife and she says I can't believe how you men talk. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing at the whole exchange. I just leaned over to Lori and said, Well you know these are men and we are riding in "the man group!" thumbsup.gifclap.gif

One more to add to the condemned list, George Anguiano. He will be riding down with me. Since I have two beds in my room, he can bunk with me. It looks like the weather is going to be good next week.

Since I am a newby, and have not attended this event before, what would be a good time to get there on Friday? We will be coming from the Bay area and thought we might leave on Thursday, stay in Bakersfield that night and then get to Beatty early afternoon on Friday.

Frank

I'm showing ~500miles via Bakersfield. That's an easy one day ride arriving before dark. On the pre-ride last month, most arrived between 3 and 6 PM where a little parking lot "refreshments" were done and everyone lied about how fast they rode to get there!!

One more to add to the condemned list, George Anguiano. He will be riding down with me. Since I have two beds in my room, he can bunk with me. It looks like the weather is going to be good next week.

Since I am a newby, and have not attended this event before, what would be a good time to get there on Friday? We will be coming from the Bay area and thought we might leave on Thursday, stay in Bakersfield that night and then get to Beatty early afternoon on Friday.

Frank

Frank, Come on now, don't be timid, Join us at Hodels in Bakersfield for breakfast in the AM Friday, A few of us are riding up together.... Hope to see you..... Plus after Breaking Fast with us, ya won't be a newbe any longer

Time for an update.

If you don't see your name on this list and are planning on attending, post to the thread so I can add you.

CONDEMNED LIST

KMG_365 & Les_is_More – Cool_Jamie & Our Queen, Leslie

SageRider – Michael

Whip and the missus – Larry & Louise

Johnlt – John

ArizonaAl – Al

Heck & Jessica – Mark & Jessica

Tank – Bill

texasaggie97 – Todd

Tony_K and Lori – Tony & Lori

GS_ George – George & Joan

Signman & Sue – Roger & Sue

OlGeezer – Bill

mrduck – Don

BrianT - Brian

Stan Walker – Stan & Jan

flyingreg – Greg

BeneciaRT_GT & Jacqueline – Richard & Jacqueline

Effjay07 - Jeff

Beagler – Steven

JDallas – Jim

stubble – Sebastian

Crazy_Canuck – Rob

barryNmarin – Barry

Todd_Z1 – Todd

Joe G. – Joe

mbelectric – Mark aka mb

C_Williams – Carl

azkaiser – Tom

steve404 – Steve

ghavercamp – Greg

Timmer – Tim

Mulepick & friend – Bob & friend

Wurty & Jonny Wad – Wurty & Jonny

bobanddianne – Bob & Dianne

gottago – Nancy & Gary

hindsight – Andy

drswift – Dave

10ovr – Tim

hedstrom – Hakan & Marie

Gibbons – Frank

PhillyFlash – Howard

Cornelius – himself

JerryMather – Jerry

franksok & Lauren – Frank & Lauren

CraigC – Craig

George Anguiano - himself

60 souls on-board the Beatty Express - All-l-l-l-l Aboard!

Didn't mbelectric have to bail due to a rediculous request of his employer?

Isn't R1150plus50RT and his lovely bride on board?

methinks you are overpaid keeping the list. We need to cut your pay in half!

lmao.giflmao.gif

Yeah Greg you left of Andy's wife Debbie too. I'm just sayin' I aint complaining, just noticing is all.... wave.gif thanks for the list all the same! thumbsup.gif

Greg, Its alright man, relax, ya got about One hundred and seventy three hours to get it right, At midnite tonight it'll be six days and a wakeup

Get yer motor running, head out on the highway, looking for adventure, whatever comes our way

I'm so excided, my dog is nervus and fears the ol' " Left Behind Blues "

AdventurePoser
Lori and I also spent that entire day riding with Gleno and the boys.

thumbsup.gifclap.gif

Remember stopping in Baker for a late lunch? Gleno heaped praises upon the "Mad Greek's" pastrami. Curious one that I am, had to try it...

It was great! Of course now everytime I am in beautiful downtown Baker I must stop at the Mad Greek" for Gleno's pastrami! clap.gif

Steve in So Cal

Greg,

Add Val Cervantes to your list. He is riding down with me and will be at the Thursday evening dinner in Bakersfield. He took mbelectric's room at the Exchange Club.

You are right, overpaid, under appreciated. As soon as I got back from the bank, counting all my money, I got the list straightened out. If someone notices a mistake, please tap me on the shoulder and I will fix.

CONDEMNED LIST

SageRider – Michael

Johnlt – John

ArizonaAl – Al

Tank – Bill

texasaggie97 – Todd

OlGeezer – Bill

mrduck – Don

BrianT - Brian

Stan Walker – Stan & Jan

flyingreg – Greg

Effjay07 - Jeff

Beagler – Steven

JDallas – Jim

stubble – Sebastian

Crazy_Canuck – Rob

barryNmarin – Barry

Todd_Z1 – Todd

Joe G. – Joe

C_Williams – Carl

azkaiser – Tom

steve404 – Steve

ghavercamp – Greg

Timmer – Tim

gottago – Nancy & Gary

hindsight – Andy & Debi

drswift – Dave

10ovr – Tim

hedstrom – Hakan & Marie

Gibbons – Frank

PhillyFlash – Howard

Cornelius – himself

JerryMather – Jerry

CraigC – Craig

Val Cervantes - himself

61 souls on-board the Beatty Express - All-l-l-l-l Aboard!

Folks:

I am iffy for next week. I have been battling some health issues that have not yet been fully defined. The good news is as of yesterday's visit to the doctor, I have eliminated all of the really bad things, but I have some symptoms still that could keep me off a bike for a few weeks. This is driving me nuts because I don't feel sick at all, but most of my joints are inflamed to a point where holding onto the handlebars is not possible for the amount of time it takes to ride up. They treated me with some cortisone yesterday and today I feel about 60% better. I also am hoping that it is some sort of bug causing my immune system to react rather then something more chronic. Yesterday I got some results that showed that the risk of it being Rheumatoid Arthritis is very low. The problem still is that all the symptoms point to it being RA and the test only works about 80% of the time. Bottom line is I need to see what happens. I went for a walk yesterday evening and felt decent afterwards so I may be on the road to recovery.

Being positive in spirit, or stupid, I am going to get some Tourances put on the GS this week and get an oil change in case the Doc gives me a green light on Wednesday. I may also drive up in either the 300 or the Griswald mobile.

Tom

I may also drive up in either the 300 or the Griswald mobile.

Tom

If you can't ride Whip's driver could come by and chauffeur you in the Griswold mobile, then explore the back roads like last year, I hear he was planning on 3 nights in DV, you?

Here is the latest update with included and updated caualty list. I regret I have to add my name to that short list. Due to serious, unresolved health problems, I am once again grounded from riding. So, for the time being, I will have to get by with armchair racing. For those going to DVD via Bakersfield, our dinnner is still intact. Even a bad heart needs to eat.

CONDEMNED LIST

SageRider – Michael

Johnlt – John

ArizonaAl – Al

Tank – Bill

texasaggie97 – Todd

OlGeezer – Bill

mrduck – Don

BrianT - Brian

Stan Walker – Stan & Jan

Effjay07 - Jeff

Beagler – Steven

JDallas – Jim

stubble – Sebastian

Crazy_Canuck – Rob

barryNmarin – Barry

Todd_Z1 – Todd

Joe G. – Joe

C_Williams – Carl

azkaiser – Tom

steve404 – Steve

ghavercamp – Greg

Timmer – Tim

gottago – Nancy & Gary

hindsight – Andy & Debi

drswift – Dave

10ovr – Tim

hedstrom – Hakan & Marie

Gibbons – Frank

PhillyFlash – Howard

Cornelius – himself

JerryMather – Jerry

CraigC – Craig

Steves1150plus50 – Steve & Wife

Val Cervantes – himself

Jeff Coleman – himself

Charles Gebhardt - himself

64 souls on-board the Beatty Express - All-l-l-l-l Aboard!

WORKING IT OUT or NOT LIST

Glockster – Marco

bmwdude - John

UNCOMMITTED LIST

Rocket_Cowboy – Charlie

CASUALTY LIST

onedae – Dave

Ken H. – Ken

chrisolson – Chris

ericfoerster – Eric

flyingreg – Greg

WORKING LIST

Killer – Bob

1bmwfan - Phil

NOOOOO!!!! Greg, I am so sorry to hear you can't come out! Damn! All the hard work you have done keeping the list updated too. Thanks man see you on the road next time! thumbsup.gif

...so it is with great regret that I must withdraw from the "event".

Ya'll play safe.

MB>

I hope that, whatever money you make by giving up this weekend of adventure, you spend it on something that will make as lasting of a memory the trip would have made. Good luck with that. It's difficult to get money to do that.

Bad heart, bad fart, whatever.

Your over 50, half way to dead, nothing some good scotch and a stinky cigar would make any worse.

Tell your doctor you'll see him when you get back from DV.

Another couple of chicken fried steaks ain't going to plug it up any worse than it is now.

Come join us anyway.

Love Wurty

Your over 50, half way to dead, nothing some good scotch and a stinky cigar would make any worse.

Another couple of chicken fried steaks ain't going to plug it up any worse than it is now.

Come join us anyway.

Love Wurty

Usually the only real thing Wurty and I agree on is the hotness of the Queen of Lean and maybe that Beav aint all there...but now I am addng a 3rd item...you own a car...drive! Heck I am. We can fight over the Handicap spot at the Hotel.

Tom

Slightly off topic, but none the less a reply.

...so it is with great regret that I must withdraw from the "event".

I hope that, whatever money you make by giving up this weekend of adventure, you spend it on something that will make as lasting of a memory the trip would have made. Good luck with that. It's difficult to get money to do that.

Although the DT money is great, it's not about the money...it's about me keeping my job...and losing it right now would present another difficulty, that of trying to find work. In today's marketplace, not a good thing, huh?

Thanks for the kind words. Rub it in next time. thumbsup.gif

I can think about retirement in 7 years though.

Damm Greg...

At least stick around long enough for us to get down to Hodels on Thursday...Missed ya last year- canna do it 2 years in a row..

C-ya Thursday.

I'm close to being able to say that I can go......and then there is the accommodation issue. If I can go, where should I look to for room reservations?

Any HELPFUL advice is appreciated.

I'm planning on going to Teakettle Junction and Racetrack on my GSA and I noticed a road going from Teakettle Junction to Darwin Mines west of Panamint Springs on route 190. Does anyone know the condition of that road? Looks like it must cross some high mountains.

SR 190 summits at 5260 feet west of Panamint city and east of US395.

Darwin (the town) is at 4746 feet.

It looks like Saline Valley road is the road you're talking about. Saline Valley road tops out at 5900 feet at the junction of Hunter Mountain rd. which is on the top of the ridge between the Saline valley and Panamint valley.

Wiki

Come join us anyway.

Love Wurty

Usually the only real thing Wurty and I agree on is the hotness of the Queen of Lean and maybe that Beav aint all there...but now I am addng a 3rd item...you own a car...drive! Heck I am. We can fight over the Handicap spot at the Hotel.

Tom

I appreciate yours and Wurty's encouragement, even though it sounds like Wurty is hurrying me to my grave. The reality is I shouldn't be riding right now. I would be a safety risk to myself and others on two wheels, on four wheels even. As for driving, that's just not me. It would be like showing up in a wheelchair to a dance contest, or an elephant hunt with a pea-shooter. I would find it terribly depressing watching y'all headed out for your day rides and there I be stuck........enough of that.

It's not like I haven't been to DV or won't be able to go again. There will be other rides and I plan to whip this beast that has been keeping me down.

So, I will have to ride this ride vicariously through all of you.

Oh, and BTW Wurty, I ain't even fiddy yet! HA! smirk.gif

Health, Jobs, Finances.... they all figure in, in our ability to play. We's just gonna miss the people that can't make it, no matter what the reason.

For a rider to miss a ride, useuly means there is a dam , opps I mean darn good reason

Greg, I respect your decision but for many of us, DV won't be the same without you there as one of the ringleaders/troublemakers. Wish you would reconsider. If Tom drives he'll need someone to ride shotgun!

See you Thursday.

Barry

That's the road Michael, I see it on the topos and other maps but would like to know the condition of the road. Have you or anyone else ridden it lately?

Wurty,

I knew that my friend, I wuz just giving it back to ya'. grin.gif

As for looking our age, you can only dream about looking as young as I do. eek.gif

Barry,

I appreciate your comment tremendously. I wish I could feel differently about driving to a mc event. I just can't.

Shoot, I'm not so sure I should be driving a cage either. eek.gif

With regrets to those slipping off the list of Condemned. We all have various personal issues that get in the way of quality riding time, whether they be work, family obligations or health issues.

Hey Jamie, what happened to that dinner sign up list? With this large a group, some of us might end up eating in Pahrump unless arrangements are made in advance. So count me in for BBQ or whatever is available. It's all good...

Jeff

Which Hodel's and what time? George and I still haven't decided whether to just make a day out of it on Friday or Leave later on Thursday and stop by Bakersfield. We're thinking about staying at the Motel 6 at 99 and 58.

Frank

I need a vaction Frank.... thats not breakfast in the am ,,, its dinner in the pm Thursday Night

Carry on

My post above was a question for Tank.

Frank

I need a vaction Frank.... thats not breakfast in the am ,,, its dinner in the pm Thursday Night

Carry on

My post above was a question for Tank.

the phones ringing.............. I'll get it

Hi Frank, Yeah baby, dinners at Hodels 5917 Knudsen Dr. Bakersfield

100 yeads west of 99 and Olive Dr. exit

see ya there.. tank

the suggested time is 7:00PM

But there will be a few who might be a little late.....(looking in the mirror here....)

OK, Tank, we'll try to get there by 7:00. There is apparently another Hodel's down the road near the 59 and 99 junction. That's why I asked. George and I are old geezers and will be wearing black hats and our motorcycle gear. If you see us, help us to our seats.

Frank

Tom, wave.gif

We wish you the best with resolving your health issue. Really hope you can make it, we've been looking forward to seeing you again. It's beem a while since the San Diego Tech Daze smile.gif

Although I don't look it (I know, I've seen a old snapshots of myself) my GF thinks I'm an ol geezer, judging by the dinner guestlist we have, I'll prolly tag my walker so's not to get it mixed up grin.gif

I'm planning on going to Teakettle Junction and Racetrack on my GSA and I noticed a road going from Teakettle Junction to Darwin Mines west of Panamint Springs on route 190. Does anyone know the condition of that road? Looks like it must cross some high mountains.
Try looking here and then do some more looking around on that site. cool.gif
Hey Jamie, what happened to that dinner sign up list? With this large a group, some of us might end up eating in Pahrump unless arrangements are made in advance. So count me in for BBQ or whatever is available. It's all good...

Jeff

I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger right now up until the morning I leave and I was hoping that someone would have volunteered to pick up that ball when I sent out the call for help, but all my "wing men" are being picked off one by one. bncry.gif

I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to follow up on that--or the special beer orders--and still get my own damned bike ready to go on the ride! I'm currently working an "unplanned" 72-hour shift that was supposed to be spent doing tires and services on both bikes so I'm going to have to play catch-up. Add to that my cell phone took a dump last month (and I had been having synch problems since last August) so I lost a lot of important info and numbers. So if anyone wants to call Randy at the Sourdough Saloon and take up point on that please feel free. crazy.gif

Archived