IGNORED

BMWST.com's Death Valley Daze, Martin Luther King Weekend: January 18-21, 2008!

KMG_365

I'm ducking and running for cover now... lmao.gif
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!" tongue.gif

Didn't someone say it was warmer in the park? Why don't we move the event there?

We could stay at Panamint Springs. I believe they can accomodate over 8 people! And they have premium gas for $4.00 per liter! grin.gif

Soooo...I guess it would be futile to suggest a camping alternative, right?

Didn't someone say it was warmer in the park? Why don't we move the event there?

If Greg would only use an emoticon every once in a while I could tell if he was joking here or not. If not, oh boy, here we go again. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Not to worry. greg's not to be taken too seriously. Isn't that the standard around here for most of us. grin.gif

That's one, buddy! crazy.gif

He does have a point, since it is called Death Valley Daze, why not have in Death Valley?

That would be logical and besides, Jamie won't have an excuse to have his recon ride up there in Nov. any more if we went back to the way it was when we first starting going to Death Valley as a group and stayed at the Ranch.

And YES, the Ranch has camping spots.

lurker.gif

I just love the way this thread is going... lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Remember Jamie, NO good deed shall go unpunished!!!! lmao.gif

I hope you see most, if not everyone, are just yanking your chain!!!

Where is that "I fart in your general direction" emoticon?

IN...Fri Sat Sun

special thanks to the "scout" group for doing the legwork..should I buy Gerbings now?

grin.gif

MB>

Yes... and a spare controller....

That's one, buddy! crazy.gif

He does have a point, since it is called Death Valley Daze, why not have in Death Valley?

That would be logical and besides, Jamie won't have an excuse to have his recon ride up there in Nov. any more if we went back to the way it was when we first starting going to Death Valley as a group and stayed at the Ranch.

And YES, the Ranch has camping spots.

lurker.gif

Well, since this will be the second consecutive year that I've gone on the pre-run but been unable to go on the _real_ ride, I hope the need for pre-runs continues! Darn it, I have to go skiing in Colorado with my brother-in-law. The sacrifices we make for family!

So, I says to meself, lad you got time on your hands. So, I made da list. Here it be.

There are a few uncommitted ryders down at da bottom a da list. Ya prolly ment ta say youz was in, but ya dint. Get committed soz I can move ya on up. blush.gif

And there still be a many MIA's still yet to be found. We'll round um up soon anuff. thumbsup.gif

CONDEMMED LIST

KMG_365 & Les_is_More – Cool_Jamie & Our Queen, Leslie

SageRider – Michael

Graydude – Todd

Whip and the missus – Larry & Louise

Johnlt – John

ArizonaAl – Al

Heck and the missus – Mark & the missus

Tank – Bill

texasaggie97 – Todd

Tony_K and Lori – Tony & Lori

GS_ George – George & Joan

Signman & Sue – Roger & Sue

OlGeezer – Bill

mrduck – Don

BrianT - Brian

Stan Walker – Stan

flyingreg – Greg

BeneciaRT_GT & mystery guest – Richard & ?

Effjay07 - Jeff

Beagler – Steven

JDallas – Jim

stubble – Sebastian

Crazy_Canuck – Rob

barryNmarin – Barry

Todd_Z1 – Todd

Joe G. – Joe

mbelectric – Mark aka mb

34 souls on-board the Beatty Express - All-l-l-l-l Aboard!

WORKING IT OUT LIST

Glockster – Marco

Ken H. – Ken

UNCOMMITTED LIST

JerryMather – Jerry

Rocket_Cowboy – Charlie

hindsight – Andy

ghavercamp – Greg

azkaiser – Tom

Steves1150plus50 – Steve

Greg,

Add another to your list.

It would be nice to return to the valley sometime.

Some of Gleno’s last words to me were that he was going to have a talk with Jamie and Leslie about bringing this event back to where it belongs.

I think I’ve been the lone camper from this group the last three years the event was in the valley, so I’m sure Greg’s suggestion has been shunned by all. Perhaps those who find the valley cabin and room arrangements too primitive could join Richard up the hill in the luxury hotel. grin.gif

Mr Olson and AZkaisr are in if I have to pick em up and drag to Beatty....

That's gonna add a lot of miles to your trip! And dragging bodies are really bad for your fuel economy. DAMHIK wink.gif

If someone's trying to keep track, I've got reservations for Fri/Sat/Sun.

Not sure if I'll be riding or driving, though. I'll have to see how things shape up.

Greg - please add me to the list - riding down and staying with JoeG.

By the way - are we doing the Motel 6 thing again on Thursday evening with dinner somewhere in Bakersfield?

I just want to state that this is shaping up to be a AWESOME weekend.

It will be great to see everyone who is coming out either again or for the first time! clap.gif

If someone's trying to keep track, I've got reservations for Fri/Sat/Sun.

Not sure if I'll be riding or driving, though. I'll have to see how things shape up.

Either way, please don't do any work on the chosen vehicle before you leave, and if you MUST... go find a professional to do it! blush.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gif

(sorry Greg, I just could help the comment or the emoticons)

Reservations made. I am looking forward to seeing some old friends and making new ones.

Cheers!

Now we are in trouble!!! dopeslap.gif

Ah yes, but the question is, what kind of trouble?

Cheers!

P.S. Hint: Only the good kind! grin.gif

I know this is kinda early for this but any of ya'll coming thru Mojave on friday morning are more than welcome to join us. We'll be doing the Trona- Panimint Valley roads if ya wanna avoid the boring slabs on the way there!

And we'll try to behave, honest!

wave.gif

Greg - please add me to the list - riding down and staying with JoeG.

By the way - are we doing the Motel 6 thing again on Thursday evening with dinner somewhere in Bakersfield?

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Looking forward to seing ya both thumbsup.gif

Glad I checked the forum. Don't come here much after getting all the info to get the bike running. Many of the people that have been so helpful appear to be coming to this gathering. Also, it's so close to home.

I've got a buddy who is an old fart (like me) but fairly new to biking. Anyone going to jump him if she shows on his Yamaha "Harley wannabe"?

I'm assuming that this is a paved road endeavour? Although there is a great loop that starts W of Beatty, loops through the site of Leadville, and spits you out at the end of the day fm a steep canyon into Death Valley. Heroic dirt riding though.

Gotta start a TIG welding class at the CC on Tuesday so we'd just stay for a couple of days.

Bob

Either way, please don't do any work on the chosen vehicle before you leave, and if you MUST... go find a professional to do it!

Yeah...

At least it left me with a story to tell, and I got to personally rave about how helpful folks from the board are.

I know this is kinda early for this but any of ya'll coming thru Mojave on friday morning are more than welcome to join us. We'll be doing the Trona- Panimint Valley roads if ya wanna avoid the boring slabs on the way there!

And we'll try to behave, honest!

If you're gonna behave, we might just as well stay home. dopeslap.gif or not. We'll be riding them there roads, so we should meet up. We don't need no stinkinig slabs! This ain't no HD or GW shindig. grin.gif

Here's the latest list. This is shaping up pretty good! I hope this little ghost town will be ready for us all. grin.gif

CONDEMMED LIST

KMG_365 & Les_is_More – Cool_Jamie & Our Queen, Leslie

SageRider – Michael

Graydude – Todd

Whip and the missus – Larry & Louise

Johnlt – John

ArizonaAl – Al

Heck and the missus – Mark & the missus

Tank – Bill

texasaggie97 – Todd

Tony_K and Lori – Tony & Lori

GS_ George – George & Joan

Signman & Sue – Roger & Sue

OlGeezer – Bill

mrduck – Don

BrianT - Brian

Stan Walker – Stan

flyingreg – Greg

BeneciaRT_GT & mystery guest – Richard & ?

Effjay07 - Jeff

Beagler – Steven

JDallas – Jim

stubble – Sebastian

Crazy_Canuck – Rob

barryNmarin – Barry

Todd_Z1 – Todd

Joe G. – Joe

mbelectric – Mark aka mb

C_Williams – Carl

chrisolson – Chris

azkaiser – Tom

steve404 – Steve

onedae - Dave

ghavercamp – Greg

Timmer – Tim

Mulepick & friend – Bob & friend

43 souls on-board the Beatty Express - All-l-l-l-l Aboard!

WORKING IT OUT LIST

Glockster – Marco

Ken H. – Ken

UNCOMMITTED LIST

JerryMather – Jerry

Rocket_Cowboy – Charlie

hindsight – Andy

azkaiser – Tom

Steves1150plus50 – Steve

Here's the latest list. This is shaping up pretty good! I hope this little ghost town will be ready for us all. grin.gif

I have just one question since this is my first time going to DV in January.

Sooo...we're meeting for breakfast in Beatty on Friday.

Where are we having lunch, St. George or ?

Hmmmm...I haven't seen anything in this thread on St. George. Maybe I'm thinking of a different event.

lmao.gif

Anyone going to jump him if she shows on his Yamaha "Harley wannabe"?

Bob

No worries Bob, not with this crowd!

And Greg,

The mystery guest will be Jacqueline. She promises she'll get the day(s) off to play that weekend.

How many people want to get together for dinner on Thursday night in Bakersfield?

I am sure we can set something up, in the past we met up at Hodels (just off 99).

I have just one question since this is my first time going to DV in January.

Where are we having lunch, St. George or ?

Hmmmm...I haven't seen anything in this thread on St. George. Maybe I'm thinking of a different event.

lmao.gif

You a funny guy, lunch in St. George. lmao.gif OK, I'm IN!

OK, seriously, I don't recall a mention of B-fast in Beatty. However, I'm sure if you propose it, someone(s) will show up. If for no other reason than to keep you from having to dine alone. thumbsup.gif

And Greg,

The mystery guest will be Jacqueline. She promises she'll get the day(s) off to play that weekend.

Thanks Rich, I didn't want to guess, that always gets me in trouble. I'll add her on next update in a couple of days.

Hi Jacqueline! wave.gif

[quote

There's only a couple places to eat breakfast and it would be tough to seat the size of crowd we have so my guess is that smaller groups will plan their own. Nothing formal that I am aware of.

Six weeks away and already quite a large group "condemned"! I suspect rooms at the Exchange Club are getting scarce (I booked mine 25-Nov). There won't be many cages in their parking lot that weekend! wink.gif Coming from Ventura County, I'll route myself through Mojave and Trona and hope to hook up with some of you for the run through DV.

Jeff

AdventurePoser
In

Got a room but she says they are about down to smoking only.

I wouldn't stay in a smoking room. Feel the door knob. If not warm, stay low and exit the room. If the door is hot, stay inside and wait to be rescued.

Steve in So Cal

In

Got a room but she says they are about down to smoking only.

I wouldn't stay in a smoking room. Feel the door knob. If not warm, stay low and exit the room. If the door is hot, stay inside and wait to be rescued.

Steve in So Cal

We need to establish a meeting point after having exited said hot and smoky room!!

Come on Principal, you're better than that!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

wave.gifwave.gifwave.gif

And I ain't committing until I know I can go!! We ALL know too well how that worked for me over the last year!!! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif Over 1400 hours of OT and there are still 3 weeks left in the year! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Over 1400 hours of OT and there are still 3 weeks left in the year! dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Now I know how you afforded all those farkles!!

Yea, great!! Aren't they pretty sitting in the friggin' garage while I'm at work?

Then again, they ARE clean. lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

And NO, I have not washed the 650!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Trust me, Uncle Sam took a significantly larger percentage this year as well!! Let's see what farkles he buys with his pay raise from my paycheck. smirk.gifsmirk.gif

AdventurePoser
We need to establish a meeting point after having exited said hot and smoky room!!

Come on Principal, you're better than that!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

wave.gifwave.gifwave.gif

I forgot that part. thumbsup.gif No point in losing your life goin' back in only to recover a twice-baked family pet... eek.gif

Steve in So Cal

Yea, great!! Aren't they pretty sitting in the friggin' garage while I'm at work? Then again, they ARE clean.

And NO, I have not washed the 650!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

"They" meaning the 800 and the 1200?

Have ya even rode the 650 enough to get it dirty? lmao.gif

Ya might as well order up a room there ya slacker.......hate to give you an easy out in January...

I can hear it now.....

"I wanted to come but couldn't book a room.. bncry.gifbncry.gif"

lurker.giflurker.gif[ducking] [/for cover]

lurker.giflurker.gif[ducking] [/for cover]

If I do make it and there aren't any rooms, you better lock your door Mister!!!!

Oh, and YES . . .

222865135-S.jpg

Archived