IGNORED

BMWST.com's Death Valley Daze, Martin Luther King Weekend: January 18-21, 2008!

KMG_365

I'm planning on going to Teakettle Junction and Racetrack on my GSA and I noticed a road going from Teakettle Junction to Darwin Mines west of Panamint Springs on route 190. Does anyone know the condition of that road? Looks like it must cross some high mountains.
Try looking here and then do some more looking around on that site. cool.gif

I may be wrong but I think Killer and I took that road out last year when we took the Tundra to the Racetrack. There was a bit of snow at the top

123691841-L.jpg

It was getting dark and we were still climbing in this picture. There were 2 parts where we needed 4wd High to get through if I remember correctly before getting to pavement.

the suggested time is 7:00PM

But there will be a few who might be a little late.....(looking in the mirror here....)

OK, Tank, we'll try to get there by 7:00. There is apparently another Hodel's down the road near the 59 and 99 junction. That's why I asked. George and I are old geezers and will be wearing black hats and our motorcycle gear. If you see us, help us to our seats.

Frank

Frank,

There is a Motel 6 across the street from Hodel's Restaurant. The location is 99 & Olive Drive. Exit from 99, turn right and you are right there. I set the dinner as late as I could to allow those riding in from out of town to hopefully have enough time to get there.

If you want to make a room reservation for the Motel 6 at 99 & olive Dr. here is the number. 661-392-9701

Also, there is only 1 Hodel's in Bakersfield.

I look forward to seeing you guys there. thumbsup.gif

I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger right now up until the morning I leave and I was hoping that someone would have volunteered to pick up that ball when I sent out the call for help, but all my "wing men" are being picked off one by one. bncry.gif

I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to follow up on that--or the special beer orders--and still get my own damned bike ready to go on the ride! I'm currently working an "unplanned" 72-hour shift that was supposed to be spent doing tires and services on both bikes so I'm going to have to play catch-up. Add to that my cell phone took a dump last month (and I had been having synch problems since last August) so I lost a lot of important info and numbers. So if anyone wants to call Randy at the Sourdough Saloon and take up point on that please feel free. crazy.gif

Ok, see this thread for a poll on this stuff. I don't mind calling Randy if we rack up some votes.

Hey Greg sorry to hear ya won't be there but your decision not to I understand.

However if ya did show up when we all left to go riding you could always visit one of the local "ranches" to kill the afternoon grin.gif

Frank,

There is a Motel 6 across the street from Hodel's Restaurant. The location is 99 & Olive Drive. Exit from 99, turn right and you are right there. I set the dinner as late as I could to allow those riding in from out of town to hopefully have enough time to get there.

If you want to make a room reservation for the Motel 6 at 99 & olive Dr. here is the number. 661-392-9701

Also, there is only 1 Hodel's in Bakersfield.

I look forward to seeing you guys there. thumbsup.gif

Greg,

Thanks for the info. I made a reservation at the Motel 6 you mentioned. The Internet shows 2 Hodel's in Bakersfield, one of them must have closed.

We can be at Hodel's before 7:00. What time do you think you will be there?

Frank

[quote) "I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger"

Stubble,

Is that as busy as "a one legged man in a butt-kicking contest?" Just wondering...

Frank

Slight Hi-jack here. There are probably a few that would like to know what's going on with me, why I had to cancel. As some of you know, I recently had a heart procedure called Cardiac Ablation to correct atrial fibrillation, an arrythmia condition. The prcedure was a success. My cariologist had noticed in the many tests I took before the procedure that I had some atrial flutter as well. He was not able to induce this condition during the first procedure, so he couldn't determine the extent of it, nor treat it. Atrial flutter causes the heart to race, upwards of 200 bpm, or more, definitely not good. As soon as the doc tried to adjust my med intake down, I went into atrial flutter and landed in the ER a few days later. So, I will have to get another ablation procedure done, this time on the right side of my heart. Until then I need to stay near civilization where emergency care is readily available.

And for those wondering, my heart issues are heriditary.

Now back to planning DVD! thumbsup.gifclap.gif

Sorry to hear about your condition Greg...

I figured I would wait to hear why you weren't going/driving before giving you grief about not driving. I don't regret driving to DV last year for 1 second... for what should be obvious reasons.

Hopefully you'll recover soon.

AdventurePoser
Looking at the calender here shows 4 daze to go.

And the forecast is super, we should have great weather.

It better be. I used up all my days of freezing my butt off at DVD last year... lmao.gif

Steve in So Cal

Looking at the calender here shows 4 daze to go.

It better be. I used up all my days of freezing my butt off at DVD last year... lmao.gif

Steve in So Cal

It wasn't that cold!!!

AdventurePoser

To me, 18 degrees in the a.m. when I tried in vain to escape was plenty cold... lmao.gif

I should have known when I saw a witch, well digger, and a brass monkey all walk by, shivering as they went!

Steve in So Cal

What are you talking about? It's going to get down to an overnight low of 29F!!!

At a casual pace of 75MPH, that's +7F with the wind chill factor.

Thursday morning, it will be down to 11F (still air temperature) at 6 am, so we all have to have a collective prayer that that "warm front" pulls in on time.

What have I gotten myself into?

confused.gif

I guess I'm in, I'm taking Mr & Mrs Whip's suite as they can't make it. Driving from San Antonio to Phoenix to pick up Azkaizr then on to DV, can only stay Fri & Sat nights though.

Killer, much as we love you, Mrs. Whip would be much better to look at--- Sorry they won't be able to make it. When you are ready , stop by the Bat Cave for a beer--

bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

Well here are another two that have to drop out.

Gar just found out he has to work so we won't be joining all the fun this time.

Anyone that needs a room at the Exchange Club PM me. I'll wait until tomorrow to notify them of our room cancel.

Hope everyone has a great time and hope to see you at Spring Torrey.

n

Well here are another two that have to drop out.

Gar just found out he has to work so we won't be joining all the fun this time.

confused.gifconfused.gifbncry.gif

I'm starting to take this personal...... this is my first DVD and participants are dropping like flying. bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

Don't worry, its not you....... lurker.giflurker.gif

Don't worry, its not you.......

I can read between the lines, but I'm coming anyway. (Sadly, by 4 wheels, but I'm not letting that stop me.)

OK, here's the latest.......I hope I got it right. tongue.gif

CONDEMNED LIST

KMG_365 & Les_is_More – Cool_Jamie & Our Queen, Leslie

SageRider – Michael

Johnlt – John

ArizonaAl – Al

Heck & Jessica – Mark & Jessica

Tank – Bill

texasaggie97 – Todd

Tony_K and Lori – Tony & Lori

GS_ George – George & Joan

Signman & Sue – Roger & Sue

OlGeezer – Bill

mrduck – Don

BrianT - Brian

Stan Walker – Stan & Jan

BeneciaRT_GT & Jacqueline – Richard & Jacqueline

Effjay07 - Jeff

Beagler – Steven

JDallas – Jim

stubble – Sebastian

Crazy_Canuck – Rob

barryNmarin – Barry

Todd_Z1 – Todd

Joe G. – Joe

C_Williams – Carl

azkaiser – Tom

steve404 – Steve

ghavercamp – Greg

Timmer – Tim

Mulepick & friend – Bob & friend

Wurty & Jonny Wad – Wurty & Jonny

bobanddianne – Bob & Dianne

hindsight – Andy & Debi

drswift – Dave

10ovr – Tim

hedstrom – Hakan & Marie

Gibbons – Frank

PhillyFlash – Howard

Cornelius – himself

JerryMather – Jerry

franksok & Lauren – Frank & Lauren

CraigC – Craig

George Anguiano - himself

Steves1150plus50 – Steve & Wife

Val Cervantes – himself

Jeff Coleman – himself

Charles Gebhardt - himself

Killer – Bob

61 souls on-board the Beatty Express - All-l-l-l-l Aboard!

WORKING IT OUT or NOT LIST

Glockster – Marco

bmwdude - John

CASUALTY LIST

onedae – Dave

Ken H. – Ken

chrisolson – Chris

ericfoerster – Eric

flyingreg – Greg

Whip and the missus – Larry & Louise

1bmwfan - Phil

mbelectric - Mark

gottago – Nancy & Gary

Last nite Heck PM me that the tole Fog is layered low in his part of the Country,,, (Fresno, Bakersfield, Calif) and with only three days til DVD I better leave this morning, gonna go to the ranch and feed the livestock lmao.gif.drop my dog there also as while i'm gone he stands guard detail... top off the fuel anda I'ma outta here

GET YER MOTORS RUNNING YEEEEHAAAAA

I just spoke with Pat at the Exchange Club and she said they have one room available if anyone is interested.

You all have fun and ride safe.

n & g

It's spelled TULE fog and it isn't going to be bad on thursday and friday.

yesterday I was 30 mph on my way to NAS lemoore and that was too fast. Bad visibility. Better today.

<hijacko>

Hey Tankster!

Wednesday weather central CA valley:

Fog yesterday, but clear as a bell today, bright blue skies, some wind, but gone now..

Lookin' good dad!

bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

DITTO DITTO DITTO bncry.gif

+ a bunch of numbers!!!!

I'm headed out the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the rest of Y'all there!!!

Once Killer arrives at the house tomorrow we will be on our way. That is assuming he actually finds my house.....or that he finds Phoenix....we may be a little late getting there tomorrow on 2nd thought...

202578032-L.jpg

Monty sometimes has issues with Maps

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Ask him about his scenic trips around San Antone lately.

The man could get lost in phone booth!!!!!!!!!

Whip

That's what happens when you bring them country folk to the big city! grin.gif

OK, here's the last update.

CONDEMNED LIST

KMG_365 & Les_is_More – Cool_Jamie & Our Queen, Leslie

SageRider – Michael

Johnlt – John

ArizonaAl – Al

Heck & Jessica – Mark & Jessica

Tank – Bill

texasaggie97 – Todd

Tony_K and Lori – Tony & Lori

GS_ George – George & Joan

Signman & Sue – Roger & Sue

OlGeezer – Bill

mrduck – Don

BrianT - Brian

Stan Walker – Stan & Jan

BeneciaRT_GT & Jacqueline – Richard & Jacqueline

Effjay07 - Jeff

Beagler – Steven

JDallas – Jim

stubble – Sebastian

Crazy_Canuck – Rob

barryNmarin – Barry

Todd_Z1 – Todd

Joe G. – Joe

C_Williams – Carl

azkaiser – Tom

steve404 – Steve

ghavercamp – Greg

Timmer – Tim

Mulepick & friend – Bob & friend

Wurty & Jonny Wad – Wurty & Jonny

bobanddianne – Bob & Dianne

hindsight – Andy & Debi

drswift – Dave

10ovr – Tim

hedstrom – Hakan & Marie

Gibbons – Frank

PhillyFlash – Howard

Cornelius – himself

JerryMather – Jerry

franksok & Lauren – Frank & Lauren

CraigC – Craig

George Anguiano - himself

Steves1150plus50 – Steve & Wife

Val Cervantes – himself

Jeff Coleman – himself

Charles Gebhardt - himself

Killer – Bob

bmwdude - John

62 souls on-board the Beatty Express - All-l-l-l-l Aboard!

WORKING IT OUT or NOT LIST

Glockster – Marco

CASUALTY LIST

onedae – Dave

Ken H. – Ken

chrisolson – Chris

ericfoerster – Eric

flyingreg – Greg

Whip and the missus – Larry & Louise

1bmwfan - Phil

mbelectric - Mark

gottago – Nancy & Gary

Ask him about his scenic trips around San Antone lately.

The man could get lost in phone booth!!!!!!!!!

Whip

OK, very funny, now which way am I supposed to turn in Kansas City?

7:45 pm MST, and there's no way that I'm going to leave home right now. But I'm almost packed, and I should be on the road around 7:00 am. Plan to go through Baker, maybe get some lunch at the Mad Greek around noon, then on to Shoshone, and probably the back way (Badwater) into the Valley and into Beatty, hopefully by 5:00 pm. Anyone in the Badwater area around 3:00 pm look for me. See you all in less than 24 hours. Hasta.

Archived