IGNORED

BMWST.com's Death Valley Daze, Martin Luther King Weekend: January 18-21, 2008!

KMG_365

Out bncry.gif

The wife decided that she needs to have surgery to keep me away from riding. Looks like I get to play nurse for a week or so in Scottsdale.

I sure love DVD...this is going to hurt.

Weird she told me I could go....I mean I hope she is ok amigo wink.gif

Let me know when you get in, I am willing to buy you a meal.

Tom

Michael,

Thanks, I'll miss the crew too. It's be way too long since I've run the Valley frown.gif

The wife should be fine after some hacking on her neck and back. She should be nearly new when they get done thumbsup.gif

Sorry to hear it. (Humming the Bionic Woman theme song) "They have the technology, they can rebuild her. Better, stronger, faster......"

Hopefully cya at Spring Torrey or the Gleno Memorial Ride next month. And Wurty, I'll be more than happy to help you out with those smelly ceegars. grin.gif

Eric and the rest who are going to miss out--SO sorry--and you will be missed!! We'll do our level best to send loads of positive energies out to you from Beatty for whatever impediments caused you to have to miss out. bncry.gif

On a more positive note: I just talked with the front desk at the Exchange Club tonight and it looks like we've filled the place! clap.gif

There is only one room left for Friday night, but none are left for Saturday night (and there should still be lots available for Sunday if you can stay until Monday with the smaller group). I don't know if some of the late cancellations are still planning to give up their room reservations, but if so, please post here so we can take over your room(s)! So far it is all our group at the EC, but if we cancel too late they will fill them with anyone who calls and the late planners will be stuck somewhere else. frown.gif

If you can't get a room at the Exchange Club, talk to Rick at the next closest place: The El Portal Motel (clicky) (about a block and a half away). He's a great guy, but he doesn't normally have enough rooms to accommodate our entire group. Tell him you're with the BMW Motorcycle group (he knows us and might cut you a deal, though his rates are rock bottom already) . . . and be sure the heater works in whatever room you book! eek.gif

Also, if there is any interest in some beer (or other beverages) other than the "standard" stuff (Miller products, MGD, Bud products, Amber Bock, etc.), be sure to post up here as I've got to call Randy at the Sourdough Saloon to give him a head's up. His distributer only comes every two weeks so to be sure that we have enough of what WE want on hand we've got to give him notice by this next week!

Lastly, if there is any interest in the BBQ dinner I posted about on the first page, we've got to start organizing that as well. I just got a few new "side jobs" and I'm busier than a one-legged Riverdancer right up until we leave, so if anyone wants to step and organize a nice group dinner for Saturday night please feel free! smile.gif

SO--that's all the business!!! Who's in charge of the COUNTDOWN??!! Where's my brother, Tank?? Can I get an AMEN???? clap.gif

I'm a one-legged Riverdancer
Now that's worth going to DVD for!
And that sounds like a volunteer!! grin.gif

(Oh, and make sure they've got plenty of Arrogant Bastard too, would you??!! lmao.gif )

texasaggie97

Dang Foerster,

I wanted to hang with you Bro. I will be in DV but take care of the wife oh yea say hello for me and I hope all turns out well. I hope it is nothing too serious I will keep you both in my prayers. I hope to see you sometime soon.

Amen Brother, As of 12 midnight tonight the count is 12 daze till

Sidenote, left Eugene , Oregon at 5pm tonight with silver dollar snow flacks afalling, rode into the gales and rain of the coast.... home at 10;30 with a slushy and white driveway

I need to get away to the warm Califorina deserts lmao.gif

<snip>When the numbers for our group start to get solidified, we'll do a poll for beer choices as the time draws near!<snip>

This reminds me of a winter run in Nevada many years ago, where my buddy and I left our night stop in Las Vegas and rode through Area 51 ending up in Ely for lunch with light snow falling. From there, we rode southwest on Hwy 6 to our destination for the night in Tonopah. After checking into the motel, my buddy heads to the local liquor store looking for our favorite beer. Entering the store, he spots the clerk behind the cash register - a woman with a bored expression and stringy hair with a cigarette dangling from her lips. After not finding what he was looking for, my friend asks: "Samuel Adams???" to which the clerk replies: "Nah, he don't work here..."

Jeff

I should not post facts when tired.....So, just cus I get to leave Wednesday the 16th, eat with worldclass riders thursday night on the 17th, Death Valley Dazes really commenes on the 18th clap.gif which is 12 days from now.

Record set, in concrete, suitable for coasters. Tried out my new Jetboil this last weekend, yeah baby.... a great bit of kit.

In the back of everyone's mind has been that little, but LOUD voice asking, will I be freezing my tootsies off this year? Well, here's your answer.

Yeah baby! clap.gif

BEATTY, NV

DEATH VALLEY

DISCLAIMER - I am NOT a wetherman, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. cool.gif

Thanks for the report Greg.

Lori refuses to ever be on a bike and be that cold again.

She said she will go down into the 40's but no lower.

If the report holds out she should be good to go!!!

Firefight911

I have one thing to tell you!!!!!!!! You had better take care of my wife!!!! Hot Jamie (2bmwfan) is IN!!!! Plans are in the pipeline but she will be there!! clap.gifclap.gif

BeniciaRT_GT
I have one thing to tell you!!!!!!!! You had better take care of my wife!!!! Hot Jamie (2bmwfan) is IN!!!! Plans are in the pipeline but she will be there!! clap.gifclap.gif

I hope we helped push her into it...

Now, please forgive me, but I don't believe it until at least SHE posts it! thumbsup.gifYou have proven you can't be trusted!!! lmao.gifdopeslap.gifwave.gif

Firefight911

Now, please forgive me, but I don't believe it until at least SHE posts it! thumbsup.gifYou have proven you can't be trusted!!! lmao.gifdopeslap.gifwave.gif

Ouch! bncry.gifbncry.gif

Ouch! bncry.gifbncry.gif

Happy Anniversary Phil! Two years on the board today...You'd thunk with nearly 4000 posts, he'd toughened up a little by now. You firemen are so sensitive. lmao.gifwave.gif

BeniciaRT_GT

Ouch! bncry.gifbncry.gif

Happy Anniversary Phil! Two years on the board today...You'd thunk with nearly 4000 posts, he'd toughened up a little by now. You firemen are so sensitive. lmao.gifwave.gif

You would think!!!

And by the way, there were a few folks who wondered which would be first: would I hit 50K on the GT or you would hit 5K posts? I got to 50K before you got to 5. Many thought it would go the other way!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

And a big clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif to Hot Jamie!!!

Yeah, Well Hot Jamie has 10 days to say she is IN, till then its just a rumor.

I for one can't wait to dance on few desert roads with H- J and the rest of the crew

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stinkin bummed. I was in up untill about an hour ago. I just can not get out of work at my other job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sucks!!! I was able to get my co-worker to cover me on Friday at my part time admin job, but I have 2 full days at the spa I work at and no one to take the clients for me. There are way to many clients to try and move to the following weekend which is almost full already. I am so sorry everyone. Looks like I am following in my poor hubby's footsteps.

bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

Desperate Housewives.... there is prolly an opening for a script writer, Hottest Jamie, your prose is fantastic....... Now tell us you are joking.

You're Not???????????????????? eek.gifeek.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

I am so sorry everyone. Looks like I am following in my poor hubby's footsteps.

HJ- You shouldn't feel sorry...Your "poor hubby" is the one that committed you to the trip!!!

Deja Vu !!!!!

All kidding aside, This is a shame....

Wish you could be there- the both of youse are gonna miss a hoot!

bncry.gifbncry.gif

Psst:..... Tell em you're sick!! lurker.gif

Like I said...

... she will be there!! clap.gifclap.gif

However Jamie:

I am sorry you can't come play... but soon? It sure seems like you have an awful inflexible schedule for someone that "doesn't have a job?"

Jamie I'm sorry you can't make it frown.gif. I was looking forward to meeting you.

I've had my personal mechanic busy getting my bike in shape grin.gif for next weekend..... 241698059-M.jpg

seems the bike needed another new chain....the third one in less than a year crazy.gif.... Really looking forward to DVD!!

By the Way, In case nobodys been paying attention , there's 8 days till riders from far and wide decend on Beatty Navada, the staging area for one of the greatest shows on earth.

Is there going to be a slow, smell the roses, kind of ride on Saturday? My plans are to bring Debi with me and ride around the park and see some of the sites. She is not into riding on the back of my GS trying to keep up with all y'all at a buck something all day. wink.gif

Our plans are to trailer out on Friday, ride on Saturday, trailer home on Sunday.

Anyone else want to see some sites at a leisurely pace?

Andy,

I'm sure there will be a group that will be happy at a smell the roses pace. I may be one of them, but won't make up my mind until I get there. We can talk on Friday...

Is there going to be a slow, smell the roses, kind of ride on Saturday? ...snip... She is not into riding on the back of my GS trying to keep up with all y'all at a buck something all day. wink.gif

...snip...

Andy,

I'll throw my helmet into your ring! - IN! -

AdventurePoser
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stinkin bummed. I was in up untill about an hour ago. I just can not get out of work at my other job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sucks!!! I was able to get my co-worker to cover me on Friday at my part time admin job, but I have 2 full days at the spa I work at and no one to take the clients for me. There are way to many clients to try and move to the following weekend which is almost full already. I am so sorry everyone. Looks like I am following in my poor hubby's footsteps.

Too bad you can't massage the schedule so you could go... grin.gif

So, you and Phil BOTH have to work Saturday and Sunday?? THAT pounds sand, I'll tell ya.

love,

Steve (and J)

Is there going to be a slow, smell the roses, kind of ride on Saturday? My plans are to bring Debi with me and ride around the park and see some of the sites. She is not into riding on the back of my GS trying to keep up with all y'all at a buck something all day. wink.gif

Our plans are to trailer out on Friday, ride on Saturday, trailer home on Sunday.

Andy,

With 50+ folks, I'm sure there will be groups that want to go slow pace. When we're all out in the hotel parking lot, just ask, who's doing a "smell the roses" pace and I'm sure you'll get an answer. Usually 6 or 8 is the max size of a group that can stay together. See you there

Andy,

With 50+ folks, I'm sure there will be groups that want to go slow pace. When we're all out in the hotel parking lot, just ask, who's doing a "smell the roses" pace and I'm sure you'll get an answer. Usually 6 or 8 is the max size of a group that can stay together. See you there

On this subject as a DV Daze newbie, are there planned ride routes for Saturday and Sunday or is it "do your own thing"? I read and nearly got sucked into the Area 51 tour post, but it would be nice to at least know what direction folks will be riding. Many of us are doing DV inbound on Friday or homebound on Monday (or both). Didn't somebody suggest lunch in St. George? grin.gif

Jeff

Great memories from last year.

Last ride with a great friend.

He still gives me $h1t and says I ride a girls bike.

If only in my mind He'll be riding with me on this trip too. thumbsup.gif

146957145-M.jpg

If you are not familiar with the park, be sure to stop at the visitor centers and pick up a road and attraction handout, alot to see, and alot of miles between. The parking lot at the Exchange Club, and the restraunts, as stated above will be the place to ask questions and get an idea of whats doable in a day.

I aslo wonder if Scotty's has fuel yet?? I do remember a K bike or two running on a fume back to Stovepipe Wells, only to find no 92 gas.

There and back in the park, can easily use up a tank of gas

If you are not familiar with the park, be sure to stop at the visitor centers and pick up a road and attraction handout, alot to see, and alot of miles between.
Yep, I know the park pretty well - both on pavement and offroad trails (4x4 Jeep TJ). I'll tell where to find Charlie's bus over a beer!

Jeff

56111254_979046-Charliesbus.jpg.6823f4fe5fd7d9a173c004ff27578bdb.jpg

I may be riding in by way of Shoshone and Badwater on Saturday afternoon, as long as I can get out of Phoenix early enough Saturday morning. Look for me. You can't miss me. I'll be on a Silver R1200RT.

Wurty: Great photo.

No gas at Scotty's.

Last but not least : frown.gif

My employer has informed me that my services will be needed for a crutial

high voltage service cut-over on Sat 19 Jan , and to get ready, that includes

Fri 18 Jan as well. Evidently my schedule means nothing to these people. It is rare that I make plans and have to cancel them, so it is with great regret that I must withdraw from the "event".

That said, I still have reservations at the "Exchange" for Fri, Sat, and Sun.

I would gladly pass them on to a BMWST member, if need be. PM me for more info.

Greg, we'll hook up after the DV event, maybe a tech daze is in order, say down bakes way. All who will be meeting at Hodels, pig out!

Now I'm going to get the gun... dopeslap.gif

Ya'll play safe.

MB>

Mark, Really sorry you aren't going to make it to DV. However, Val is interested in the room if still available. Tried to send you a PM but it didn't work for some reason.

PM me back and I'll hook you guys up. The dummy isn't on this board!

Thanks

Barry

...snip...Greg, we'll hook up after the DV event, maybe a tech daze is in order, say down bakes way. All who will be meeting at Hodels, pig out!

Now I'm going to get the gun... dopeslap.gif

Ya'll play safe.

MB>

Now don't go doing anything drastic. I'm really sorry you won't be able to make it to DVD. Something down the road is always possible, drop me a line later.............

Woke up this morning to find yet eight daze yet till DVD

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Woke up this morning to find yet eight daze yet till DVD

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Bill, did you lose your finger cymbals? lmao.gif

Mark, major crapola about the work thing! sorry I'll miss you. Fall Torrey?

Archived