IGNORED

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey on the road...

beemerchef

207632193-L.jpg

Old Maverick Rd, BB Park, Texas

I hope that you check out the Blog today and take a good look at Luna’s picture and his home. The man lived to 108 and so much wish he was around. A great smile, the man looks like someone I think we would have loved to meet and spend some time with by his humble Jackal… around the fire, maybe cooking some and listening to his stories!!! I wish so much that you would “all” have the desire and the ability to join me and start feeling the experience of being on the road as we are, senses developing as time went on and just being transported on this incredible stage. It is not about riding anymore, photography, cooking or eating… it is just about “being”.

“Terlingua Abaja” was also a stop for us on that heated day… with more pictures on the site .

You be well…

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog…

209061953-L.jpg

Santa Elena Canyon and some, BB Park, Texas

This is now into the end of the day, a short hike into the Canyon, a closer look at Mule ears, a bit cut short as the heat was getting intolerable. But good news as for the first time last night I had to use the heater… finally the weather is changing and this is going to be the perfect time for some longer hikes and more comfortable day trips. About time I was thinking!

I interrupted this above “big guy” from crossing the road that day… he did not seems to be very happy about it as his moving speed increased, finally taking refuge within some vegetation… he ran but could not hide!!!

More on the site

Be well…

Ara and Spirit

210325444-L.jpg

“Many Stones”… Dual sport riders, Terlingua, Texas

For such a little town far away from it all so much is going on outside the Park. This is the weekend for the TRH National Suzuki dual sport ride with about 150 riders in town having a great time on the local dirt roads… A visit with Ring yesterday, the owner of “Many Stones”… a unique gift and rock and Cacti shop… and I am finding out that some musicians from the 3 week long Kerville Music festival are camping near by… A great dinner at the Crisis Center aka the Cultural Center with some great local talents… I don’t know what else to say… never a dull moment.

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

211465699-L.jpg

One year, 200 Blogs later, Texas

Have we really been on the road all this time?… I asked myself this morning. There is not much sense wondering why it has gone by so fast, it has been a good year with the help of your company, and I can only enjoy “now” at any given time, but cannot hide the excitement of times to come. Spirit and I have grown attached more than ever, he has matured and gained a care free happiness that was not there before. He is now a “traveling dog”! From smell to smell he has established these months many territories… his tail has been wagging more than ever… he is a kind soul to be around.

Some, most, train their dog… we have built up a mutual understanding… we live together and I have learned… a lot from him! I guess we have trained each other…

We have been surrounded this weekend by about 150 dual sport riders, mainly from Texas, lots of pictures here … great times!

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

213120788-L.jpg

“Art Car”… Murals… Errands, Alpine, Tx

Combining a great ride with errands is always the ultimate. Spirit with his yearly shots, myself with a prescription renewal and many carbs at a local Bakery proved Alpine is a great little town. The closest town to Terlingua, about 160 miles rounds trip.

And then we saw an Art Car! The Camera Van… it is something that left me speechless wondering if I should think about a new project called… “Sidecar Art”? Maybe the attention Spirit gets is enough!

Enjoy the pictures and description of it on the site

Be well… Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Blog and website…

213881277-L.jpg

“Viva La Historia” Terlingua, Texas

It was one of those events not to be missed, and we did not! Sorry it is not about riding… parks… the roads… or even Spirit. It is about much more, Life itself over many generations finally back together in this one little town around a cemetery to celebrate it all together. It was tears, laughter, food, music and kind people opening their arms to even myself passing by here from so far away. The emotions surpassed any gathering I have ever witnessed, you had to be here… I hope the Blog and the pictures can relate as close as possible the experience.

You be well…

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Blog and website...

214710096-L.jpg

Am I just an old “hippie”? Tx

We took off for the day to the Park yesterday. Much needed for the both of us, it was time to spend some time trying to answer some questions running through my mind fueled by such empty spaces. Since Spirit is not allowed on the trails we pretty much stayed on Croton Springs Rd and Paint Gap Rd, riding some, hiking some. It happens always… the magical effects of Big Bend. In a couple days actually the Mountains themselves will be our view! A good friend of mine has offered some great first row space on his property for us to stay on. So today we are packing for tomorrow’s move, Karma again has been good to us.

More on the Blog

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our website and Blog...

215855457-L.jpg

Our new Home, BB, Texas

Due to the generosity of Roger, a friend we met last year, we moved onto his property yesterday morning… beautiful! What a view, what an incredible peaceful and serene space with the landscape of Big Bend, The Ghost Town, Terlingua… 24/7!

These are busy days! Another friend from Louisiana is arriving today, some riders from the Texas Two Wheel Forum also tonight… the Chili Cook Off has started… we have a free pass for the complete event as I volunteered at the gate last night…It was a good time with good people.

More on the Blog … a new recipe… a new Magazine page…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

Hi Ara,

It was very nice meeting you out at Big Bend, my favorite place to visit in the world. What a perfect way to wrap up my road trip.. ya 7000 miles, from Houston out to California and back, visited 14 national parks along the way.. just epic!! Trip report coming very soon..

You've definitely got the right idea tho.. Freedom, being on the road, enjoying each day for what it brings. My one month journey only whetted my appetite for more adventures. Hopefully I'll meet you on the road again someday.

You and Spirit take care and may the road never end.. Allen

chef.jpg

Hi Allen! A picture of us!!! Cool... Few even take one month to taste the road... you have done great! Hoping our path will cross again...

216649002-L.jpg

A Celebration, “The Day of the Dead”, BB, Tx

A Mexican Holiday celebrated here in Terlingua, a friend from Louisiana, the Chili Cook Off, the Texas Two Wheel riders in the area… and you thought probably that there is never anything going on around here!

On our way right now to the finals of the cook off… much more on the Blog

We have to run!!!

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

217367577-L.jpg

The Chili Cookoff, Terlingua, Texas

Terlingua has regained its composure yesterday afternoon, the many events that took place these past weeks are over. Millions of stars where shining down on us last night as the town near by was dark and quiet. We spend some time at the Chili Cookoff, the craziness was just starting as the chili’s were turned for judging. The Showmanship competition was on its way, amazing imagination, laughter, colors and music… as always!

Spirit will pose for pictures as long as needed… it was a great sunset and no exception, he sat patiently and waited for the camera to stop its shutter noise! What a dog…

Enjoy the pictures on the Blog … there are quite a few!

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

130939235-L.jpg

A bit of my Dog’s Life riding and living on the road…

We did live on 16 beautiful acres at one time in Northern Georgia when my buddy rescued me from the shelter with just a couple more days to live. I heard many people telling him not to take me because I am a Pit, so I proved him wrong for over a year now!

Life is good, the smells are good, the food is to and so is his affection and Love for me. I have my own sidecar, I get to ride and watch my other buddies walk the streets instead. Of course I have to give in often for all those pictures he takes of me, same goes for all those strangers that have never seen me riding with my goggles on… but oh! Well… small price to pay… check it out

Thanks for the scratches you always send me…

Spirit

219289771-L.jpg

Pinto Canyon loop, Texas

Take a truck, a jeep or a dual sport bike, but do not miss this road. It is not only the 22 miles of dirt and rocks, it is also the paved road that leads to it and River Road which will take you back to Terlingua… Can I add it is the baked goods of the Bakery from Alpine eaten on the side of the road while baking under the afternoon Texas sun?

It was a great day of riding for us, new roads are always welcomed. So much to see that the road is still new as we will go back to ride it again most likely. The side roads are inviting, the Hot Springs are too!

Part I is here … the rest next time.

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

219856172-L.jpg

More of the Pinto Canyon, Texas

More pictures of the rest of the ride from Pinto Canyon. We are planning to do it again soon, maybe even spend the night at the Chinati Hot Springs if there is such accommodations. I have not checked into it yet and the weather is suddenly changing, I was told that it is erratic here…

Well, this is the first picture of Mr Spirit as a Biker Dog with his helmet… he is putting up with it… but he does not like it! Don’t ask… Maybe he will just wear it in bad weather and on long distance rides… and you don’t want to know what happens when we stop! I now know what celebrities like him go through with the paparazzis… He is on his own… if he could only talk seriously sometimes!

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

Edited by beemerchef

220760027-L.jpg

A quick tour of Lajitas, Texas

I have always been intrigued as to the feel Lajitas would give when there… I do have a favorite spot, a short river crossing to Mexico a bit past the town, in the old days before border crossings changed that was some busy sights. But the town itself was eerie, sad, not only because of it being deserted but because its authenticity has been stripped, replaced by some “look alike” buildings trying to fool the tourists that modernism can still look old! It still made for some interesting pictures! There was no one to get in the way of the camera including specially a quick stop at the “International Airport”…

Spirit’s helmet fits better… we had to remedy to his unhappiness of the previous day… and we are planning some long… long… rides!

All on the Blog ….

Till next time, you all be well… and enjoy the Sunrise!

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

221374712-L.jpg

Old Marathon Rd loop, Tx

We are indoor this morning, the winds blowing like mad all night had me even reset the Dish! This is the clearest skies we have ever seen so far, would make for great pictures if only the sun would come out and take this grey cast away. I think it is happening as I write this!

It was a great ride yesterday, again isolated inland roads with this time some degree of difficulty for us… a street tire in deep sand is never the best scenario!

Thinking today was Friday, I realized it was not and we have now one more day to get ready for a weekend in Alpine for the Open Gallery Night, where we will try to find a little obscure corner to spend the night! It was a customary fashion in the 60’s! Including much hitchhiking…

And yes, Spirit will have his blanket!!!

Be well… enjoy

Ara & Spirit

222319440-L.jpg

Artwalk in Alpine, Texas

Another great event in this area… the Alpine Artwalk! Nighttime open Galleries, rubbing elbows with the Artists… eating and eating again… and much chatting!

We left early in the day, the weather turning cold last night made us came back the 80 miles, missing only one deer in the dark. I keep thinking… some day! Some day it is going to happen… so far we have always drawn the lucky number.

Such a great time that we (I did anyhow!) thought about maybe going back tonight.

Enjoy the show … and a Holiday Recipe…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

223425719-M.jpg

A couple events in Terlingua, Texas

More going on here every week that passes by. The local talent was in full force at a benefit for the recycling program, including an incredible Fire Dance at the beat of the Drums… a nostalgic tour at the “Menagerie Press” where Lauren uses two almost 100 year old letterpress presses to print cards and pages… no click of the button here… no switches, but true hard work one letter at the time.

We are on our way to the Chinati Hot Springs which we missed the last time we rode Pinto Canyon. The weather is still warm ahead of a forecasted cold spell, and we better get on and take advantage of it…

That is about it for now!

Almost forgot… lots of pictures in the “My First 100 Years” last article…

Be well….

Ara & Spirit

Edited by beemerchef

224425122-M.jpg

Oh! That look!!!…

The Chinati Hot Springs, Texas

Yes, still in Texas… the big and friendly State with so many places to go and events to attend! When “things” get busy somehow my mind always go back to our stay in the “Joshua Trees”, the “Belle” campground, all the way in the back by the big rock where we sat there for hours… days really! I guess it has left quite an impression on me. Chinati Hot Springs will became the same, in the middle of literally nowhere, isolated from it seems the rest of the World, as they say, it is a place to get “restored”!

Even if the journey there was kind of a fiasco regarding food and sleeping accommodations… my own smart lack of planning!

Don’t miss it if you are in this area… more here on the Blog.

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

225216317-L.jpg

Holiday in Big Bend, Texas

We actually spend most of the day in Alpine, working at cooking! It was a fun day putting to use what I know best. Had not help from Spirit, nice think carpet in front of the fireplace, that was his pad for most of the day! This dog is not a fool…

Change in weather so suddenly made us ride in a bitter cold wind that somehow even came through the helmet and my ear plugs. Price to pay I guess… It even snowed last night up on Chisos Mountain where we tried to take a ride up this morning, but even with my heated gear including the gloves, we had to turn around… just a bitter cold. It will warm up… soon.

Recipes and pictures are here… on the Blog .

Till later… you all be well…

Ara & Spirit

Love your photos, love your recipes, but I especially love your signature:

"Always be who your dog thinks you are..."
Now that's a worthy philosophy! thumbsup.gif

"Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."

"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's."

Both quotes attributed to Mark Twain, the first from his autobiography, the second from a private letter to a friend.

BTW, I have a gallery on smugmug ( ) with photos of a Big Bend/west Texas motorcycle excursion my son and I took in early October.

Great quotes... It is really undescribable the relationship one can have with a dog!!! Will check the pictures... Thanks Camille...

226239329-L.jpg

A Journey with no Fences and Gates? Texas

We are going to Fort Davis tomorrow. A change in the scenery, it is about one hundred miles north of here and it will allow us to explore the area without the 200 mile round trip every time. Makes sense…

The weather has been warming up nicely, some great riding in the area should make it for a pleasant stay. Having quite a few friends visiting Big Bend in December, we will be back here before heading… East… for a very short while.

Some thoughts today… somehow I see the fences surrounding us also being part of our own Life…

You be well…

Ara & Spirit

227002400-L.jpg

Marathon, Texas

Repeat to myself “never write about our next destination”… repeat to myself…

So we are still here… we did leave… came right back! Not strange if you consider that the Powwow is happening this weekend, the Bug Show… and the “Run for Stupidity”! Only in Terlingua… you would not want to miss seeing all those events on this Blog… would you? So only to please you (!!!) we unpacked again and forced ourselves to stay… just for you! I insist…

We did take a ride to Marathon yesterday, a nice ride and a cool little town as you will see on the Blog

Our “Spirited Doggie Treats” (Spirit’s new hobby!) would have been a better choice for lunch than what I had…. But… maybe I will have better common sense next time…

You be well….

Ara & Spirit

227002400-L.jpg

Marathon, Texas

Repeat to myself “never write about our next destination”… repeat to myself…

So we are still here… we did leave… came right back! Not strange if you consider that the Powwow is happening this weekend, the Bug Show… and the “Run for Stupidity”! Only in Terlingua… you would not want to miss seeing all those events on this Blog… would you? So only to please you (!!!) we unpacked again and forced ourselves to stay… just for you! I insist…

We did take a ride to Marathon yesterday, a nice ride and a cool little town as you will see on the Blog

Our “Spirited Doggie Treats” (Spirit’s new hobby!) would have been a better choice for lunch than what I had…. But… maybe I will have better common sense next time…

You be well….

Ara & Spirit

The Gage Hotel has great food and not just of the gourmet-what-the-hell-is-this-on-my-plate variety. My son chose the chicken fried steak. As you can see, you get your money's worth thumbsup.gif

220619684-S.jpg

WOW!!! Did he eat all of it?... Thanks, will be going back very soon... I long for good food...

Marty!!! How is my "hero" doing?... will we see you soon?

(I will be in ATL mid January... <mother>)

228049915-L.jpg

A Powwow in Terlingua, Texas

I think the ones that did not show up for this event missed out on a lot. It was a beautiful day, we are back to short sleeve T shirts by the way here in south Texas, and the event kept our senses awake all day. Just a few miles from camp, this will never be considered as a ride report! It really is better, a true ride for the mind surrounded by proud people within their rich history.

A new experience making me happy that we turned around to come right back a few days ago.

Enjoy the pictures on the Blog

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

The Gage Hotel has great food and not just of the gourmet-what-the-hell-is-this-on-my-plate variety. My son chose the chicken fried steak. As you can see, you get your money's worth thumbsup.gif

Friend of mine has eaten breakfast at the Gage and says it's a 'cullinary orgasm'. I think he meant it was good food.

228680087-L.jpg

The rest of the weekend, Terlingua TX

I have to clarify what I wrote today on the Blog regarding the Powwow and my feelings toward the group of Native American Indians present… I am speaking about who I saw, what I saw and what I felt this weekend. Of course I know about the Casinos, of course I know about the millionaires in Palm Springs… but “this” was here, it was “now”…

Spirit again had a package in the mail, he has his own fan club… many spirited (!!!) followers most likely. Some stickers for his helmet… and now he will get noticed even more, trust me that my job as his “bouncer” has just become more difficult.

As most of you are feeling the cold and maybe buried under the snow, the weather here? Come and experience it… nice and cool in the morning… nice and crisp during the day, not a cloud in the sky lately… this even beats Florida weather!

You can also check out the “Bug Show” and the “Race for Stupidity” on the Blog…

Till next time… be well… and let me know what you think!

Ara & Spirit

229710938-L.jpg

Wandering through other Texas towns…

An empty and desolate road, some turkeys I could not get close enough to take pictures of, nice cool breeze, this was all on the way to Ft Davis. Terlingua is behind us for a little while, I long for some bit of distance riding, some new roads and new scenery. The highlight of the day was seeing Ron and Marsha Cox making brooms! Something you probably don’t even notice in the stores… replaced by these noise making machines called vacuum cleaners. These are the same brooms made since the 1800’s. You might even think that the Desert might be getting to us, as Spirit is of course is part of this (!!!), well, maybe. But, besides just riding, it is also fun to watch and learn Artisans at their Craft, specially when it is such an ancient one.

Lots of little Texas towns around here… because, yes, we have moved to Alpine… near Alpine anyhow.

It is all in the Blog

Be well… Ara & Spirit

A little more riding, Texas

230397196-L.jpg

Sometimes I just don’t know how to title the day! Do they all need a title?… sometimes it is helpful and sometimes not. Today is the continuation of yesterday, such common sense… right? There is always so much that happens, so much we see and experience, which makes me wonder if we could ever live any other way from this point on! Maybe if we had to. More time spend in Ft Davis, a visit to the Mc Donald Observatory with an invitation to return tomorrow morning and check out the behind the scenes of this unique telescope. The fog is rolling in right now, rain or shine we will be there!

More on the Blog

Be well… Ara & Spirit

231348726-L.jpg

Spirit goes to School! Texas

He did! Valentines School, between Marfa and Van Horn… We had a great time, touched by all the kids (there is only 2 seniors) that wanted and did play with him and fed him treats. I think they will remember him as I will remember them. This was today in some great weather in contrast with yesterday’s storms and rain and fog while we did go for a private tour at the Mc Donald Observatory which we will write about next time.

Just so proud of him… thinking just a few years ago he was in a shelter laying with his head down not even barking when all the other dogs were! He has come such a long way… today was proof of it!

More on the Blog...

Be well… always…. Ara & Spirit

231639040-L.jpg

A private tour of the HET, Texas

HET stands for Hobby-Eberly Telescope, near Ft Davis, in total fog the day we went back for the private tour. Quite an experience I must say. A beautifully designed telescope, Artwork in my eyes, the world’s 3rd largest instrument for astronomers to study what is millions of light years away… It has brought up some thoughts about how minuscule we ourselves are in this vast Universe as we are passing through comparatively for such a short time.

Spirit patiently waited outside, cover and coat on without a complain. As usual, cool and collected just waiting, such a perfect companion and buddy.

Hope you enjoy the few pictures of this memorable day, all on the Blog

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmsyoul.com our website and Blog…

232835892-L.jpg

The Christmas Art Show, Texas

Well, it was not all that bad after all. Sold about 2/3rd of the 75 Art Cards had had prepared, mostly local scenes, and a few bags of the Spirited Doggie Treats. Learned a couple lessons of course! Never set up outside on fine dirt in windy condition even if I am told to do so… because obviously the locals had reserved, most likely a year in advance the best indoor spots!

It was nice to talk about our Journey to the curious ones, watch the expression of the on lookers stopping to glance at the table I had set up, listening to the local talented musicians and of course eat some excellent home made tamales…

Sunny today, but cold… 27 degrees this morning and the heaters are still going full blast!

Enjoy the Blog!

Be well… Ara & Spirit

233855243-L.jpg

Last call for Terlingua, Texas

The Chisos did not hold back their last curtain call on our departure from Terlingua. It was not a spectacle to miss or will forget soon. Could the word “WOW” say it all?

350 miles or so to the east we have already covered, primitive camping near Del Rio, right on the water in the Amistad National Park. Back to the basics, no running electricity or water. There is a sense of dependence on ones self living as is, and I like it. We are only a few miles from Acuna in Mexico, and as a Blog reader, Mary Jo also traveling with her Pit Bull is camping near by, we will join forces and go to town to explore a bit of the local colors.

I could not help myself writing a few more thoughts about the Christmas Art Show… it seems like I say it the way it is on the Blog .

Till next time, you all be well…

Ara & Spirit

234127463-L.jpg

In Acuna, Mexico

All yesterday’s pictures while in Acuna, Mexico, have this grey cast, a blanket that would not lift itself off. Today in contrast the weather has heated up, the skies are bright and blue and we are wearing short sleeve T shirts! Acuna is only a few miles from here and will need to experience one more time, with Spirit also… as I left him behind in camp alone for a few hours. I missed him and at the same time my cautious mind was glad to have the experience alone and judge later how we would do together back again. I remember being in Germany visiting my mother where dogs where allowed everywhere, even in Restaurants! Now that would be a great world to live in, it would actually be so incredibly nice. But, not being the case we do what we can with what we are given.

A nice day it was, hope the Blog transports you there even if it just for a little while.

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

235314680-M.jpg

Happy Holidays from the Road, 2007

It is all quiet now, one camper, I can barely see them either, and that is about all for this whole area! Many ducks on the water, but they just don’t know what day it is.

Spirit’s present is ready… a huge… but you will have to wait for the pictures!

Even the Internet is quiet, amazing how one can feel it being here remote from it all.

I think tomorrow we will go back and spend Christmas Day in Acuna. I have no idea if the vendors will be out on the streets, if the celebration will be present, as if it is, should be very colorful and joyful. I do know “Feliz Navidad” and we will get along just fine…

In the meantime, some pictures of the “Whitehead Museum” and Happy Holidays to you all… friends, readers, everyone we have been in touch with at some point or another and everyone we will be in touch with!

Our Best Wishes to you all… as always.

Ara & Spirit

235830198-L.jpg

How was your Christmas? TX

We have started to move on today, and besides the border towns in Mexico, hopefully will see Piedras Negras tomorrow, the area does not excite us. We feel back into civilization, and for that reason I think we will take a bit of a Northern route to head East. Maybe Garner State Park… and then on Galveston State Park… Louisiana…

We had a fun day yesterday, specially with Spirit’s Christmas present… He did not quite know what to make of it first, but, as the official tester of the “Spirited Doggie Treats”, he gets an A+ for approving the new Peanut Butter flavor!!!

The heater is fixed… a little gizmo the size of a button was fried… all is well.

Lets see where we land tomorrow! Tonight is Eagles Pass…

You be well… and thank you for all the Best Wishes you have send us…

Ara & Spirit

236854879-M.jpg

Piedras Negras, Mx

As usual we have not kept our word regarding the taken route and are now parked in Luling, Texas. Slowly going East… confronting civilization, loosing ground on the open spaces… deserts… canyons.

We are visiting a friend, Donna, who is also a motorcyclist. This is the start of her own Journey and it has been interesting to watch how others handle the many daily situations that arise.

She researches everything much more than I do. In less than 24 hours I have already found out about “things” I did not know… I have a simpler approach to it all… there is no right or wrong as long as we all remain safe on our path.

A short visit to Piedras Negras on the Blog… wishing I had some of those Tacos today again for breakfast! I will need to start making my own…

San Antonio is near by… we have been thinking about seeing the lights at the River Walk at night, would be for a cold ride back but we both have heated gear.

Enjoy the pictures … lots of them today!!!

You be well… as always.

Ara & Spirit

Made by us on the road while traveling… “Spirited Doggie Treats” and “Art Cards”… put Spirit to work…

237726758-L.jpg

A bit of San Antonio, Tx

Another last day of the Year! Our second New Year on the road, in Texas as the last one! Quiet here, but no so quiet when we went to San Antonio for the afternoon with a friend of ours, Donna.

No picture taking allowed inside the Alamo, have no clue as to why… yet. Still, it was interesting and so was the River Walk packed with tourists… night and day situation considering the time we have spend in the Desert. The rehabilitation is hard, I will not hide that fact, on the both of us.

You all have a Happy New Year, wishing you a prosperous and healthy one to come, many more actually… It is always a good time to figure out where we are going and how we are getting there, maybe there is a better way… a better path?

Enjoy the Blog … the last one this year!

Be well… Ara & Spirit

Made by us on the road while traveling… “Spirited Doggie Treats” and “Art Cards”… put Spirit to work…

238278835-L.jpg

And a Happy New Year… Tx

Just Spirit and I celebrating, what better company. He was actually asleep by the time midnight rolled on… food, play, sleep and keeping an eye, most of the time both, on me, are his fulfillments in life. Don’t we wish sometimes…

28 degrees this morning, nice and warm and cozy… just relaxing in the Texas countryside before moving on to Louisiana soon, I don’t really know how soon! I know that we are 400 miles from Baton Rouge and then on another 550 miles to Atlanta… I have already checked out the mileage back to Moab, 1700 miles! With the price of fuel this might be our last chance on the East Coast for a while.

I hope that you all had a great New Year’s Eve. Downtown San Antonio was truly a fun place to be for that evening, specially around the Alamo with the lighted Carriages and also by the River Walk, the actual festivities with bands and much crowd was happening a couple blocks away.

Wishing you all a great prosperous and healthy 2008...

Be well… Ara & Spirit

239328924-L.jpg

Who said BBQ? Texas

Our last day here in Luling before moving on to Booth (southwest of Houston) tomorrow for a few days. We are having a get together on Sunday… come and join us… Let us know as we will be also cooking… bring your dog… you bike… your car… Carl and Collete are the hosts and it has been real nice for them to put this together.

“WE” discovered real Texas BBQ yesterday… I am so tempted to go back today for some more of those ribs! I get the meat… Spirit gets the bones! It was quite a kitchen with smoked walls, a real hard hat area. I forgot who recommended the place, City Market, but “thank you”… my Dr will love you too…

A few more pictures of our New Year’s Eve outing in San Antonio… and that fills the Blog today!

Till next time, from Houston… you all be well.

Ara & Spirit

We will be in the 17th, January (friday)T the 22nd my mother arrives and will take off till February 21st... then again in ATL for a few days... lets get together... We will be on Meatheads Construction site camping out... (I know... sounds weird...).

240560880-L.jpg

A gathering in Booth, Tx

It was a fine day, with fine people and… I think fine food… some days are like that! Just fine!!! The weather cooperated, the spirits where jovial and even though some did not show up… excuses… excuses… it was a good turn out.

Tying up some loose ends these coming days, tires, presriptions, going over the route planning, you name it! Highway 10 might be our only option to Louisiana… hard to believe that we are actually leaving the State of Texas!

Spirit has been having a blast being off the leash these past couple days, his eyes, leash or not, fixated on me, he does not leave my sight… finally it is happening as it did to my previous dogs… love and patience, that is all it takes. I know what some of you are thinking… I will add that the leash will be back on as we leave here.

Till next time… you all be well…

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our web site and Blog…

241522728-M.jpg

Spirit… the Clown! Tx

Pits have an incredible amount of energy to spend everyday, being here has proved it. They are Clowns that love the attention while running… falling… faking moves… Spirit puts up a daily show for us. We will miss this place, him as much as myself, as we will leave tomorrow very early trying to avoid Houston’s traffic on our way to Baton Rouge, Mississippi and finally Atlanta where we should arrive by next Thursday… Schedule! Something foreign for us… we are trying to stay on top of it.

Internet problems have finally been fixed, suck lack of knowledge by Alltel sales people have really made this an expensive repair as damage was done… we never stop learning!

Till next time on the road, you be well… more on the Blog .

Ara & Spirit

242423942-L.jpg

Busy… Busy, LA/MS

It is going to take us all day to catch up… making some Treats… printing some Art Cards and getting ready for our last stretch to Atlanta. Moving makes life busy. The George Ranch we visited near Booth, Tx, a couple times these past days was a worth outing for sure, yesterday’s ride with the Louisiana Dual Sport Rider also was a great event and now at Walt’s and Paulette’s in Mississippi, well, brings back some memories as this was our first stop when we left to live on the road. The dogs, chickens, ducks, goats are still all here as Spirit also found out.

We are staying in touch as well as we can… it is all on the Blog , most of it anyhow.

Be well… Ara & Spirit