IGNORED

"The Oasis of my Soul"... a Lifelong Journey on the road...

beemerchef

139370452-L.jpg

Darker Skies in Zion NP. Utah...

The forecast... after these couple days is as sunny as it can be for as long as they can predict it!

Lets endure these couple of days... I know that it will be all worth it.

Did not hold us back from some riding as darker skies make for some great pictures and give out a different feeling about this whole place.

We did have to turn around, bitter cold winds... the snow flakes were an added attraction...

Luckily enough ingredients to make dinner... preceded by a visit to Farmer’s Market...

The Journey goes on... cannot even think about our next destination! This is Home for now...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com My Blog in darker colors today!!!

Ara,

Have you forgotten that I am from this forum??? wave.gif

You and Bob should have a great time. thumbsup.gif

I am so confused... How can I forget???... dopeslap.gif

Bob... let me know the plans...

139719357-M.jpg

Kolob Terrace road, Zion NP. Utah

East of here is still bitter cold, I was so wrong assuming that things will arm up at higher elevations! I guess I have lived in Florida too long...

But west of here, off the town of Virgin, is Kolob Terrace road which is less crowded entrance to also Zion Park. Love the setting, the riding... but not the road blocked by the snow a bit further up...

Cooked up a poor man’s pasta dish also with what I had left in the small pantry... tasty!...

It is on the Blog ... in living colors!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Bob... let me know the plans...
Plans? I don't have any plans, just let me know if/when you are coming.

As for the 35 footer, well I really don't know about such things, my street is fairly narrow but my driveway is large...

140066254-M.jpg

April Fool?... not really! I wish...

April Fool’s day unfortunately did not fool me as I hear the snap of a broken eye bolt...

There we go... again! But... happened 10 feet away from camp... could have happened the day before when we went riding through Red Rock Canyon and Bryce Canyon up 9100 feet... without any steering it would have been quite a drop...

A couple more days... of course any day without riding is a tough one!... and we will be back on the road... in the meantime I wrote about the rides we just took... on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com My Blog...

140919903-L.gif

Bryce Canyon itself... Utah.

It turns out that I will be staying in Utah for about another month... how strange that when in Anza Borrego my thoughts where to head North, but slowly I went East... and now, looking at the map of Utah... with all its attractions and colors... why not wander a bit more here!

If the US Postal mail is on track my parts should be in this morning... and then it will be on to the welder for fixing a new crack in the mounts... luckily a secondary mount.

I am so mentally tired of all those breakages that I cannot even comment on them... All I want is a safe rig... the humor is hard to find... it does show however how society governs themselves, the ones in the business have been the hardest ones to deal with... I can just imagine how the Corporate World is being ran...

I do want to thank all the ones that have send me their support... they have made these pasts days easier and allow me to look into the future of this dilemma...

Bryce Canyon was awesome. Rough conditions... but definitely a place to go back to in a bit warmer weather. Spirit has been a real trooper... and right now, he is also anxious to get going...

Enjoy the Blog ...

Be well...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Ara & Spirit

Ara,

You would enjoy meeting the group at torrey. Hope you can stay/if not, I'll catch up to you somewhere. wave.gif

142575218-L.jpg

My little Island of Paradise

This inhabited stretch has become my little Island of Paradise these past few days and will be for a few more days to come... all is here and at the same time... nothing!

Lots of vermillion was used in this past sunset... wish you would have all been here to experience it...

The trout is a thing of the past... long gone now... you guessed it!... It was great... could taste its freshness with every bite.

BMW of Las Vegas gave me some hundred dollar chips... their true value?... great service.

The Blog will have it’s story!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

142797724-M.jpg

A little ride in the neighborhood, Utah.

I have the feeling that everyone wished to have a neighborhood like this one!... Right or left or north or south... great roads and scenery, hardly any traffic and there is a part of Utah that is not all red!

A great dinner (at least they thought so...) for my friends Michael and Sandra, some playing time for Spirit and his buddies... it is all good... all in the Blog .

In our conversations last night, we were wondering why get togethers are always where the crowd is!!! How about one right here...

Be well...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Ara & Spirit

143523855-M.jpg

And all end up well...

School is never out just when we “might” think we are done... everyday new lessons are being provided, sometimes the teaching is kind, sometimes not.

What started as, finally thinking of having one, a bad day, end up being a great one... solving obstacles... followed by a great ride... and a great night sleep as Spirit seems to be getting back on track....

It is just part of everyday life on the road... we are not exempt from anything that you yourselves go through. The logistics are sometimes harder, but I would not trade this lifestyle with any other one... I know that some will agree after reading the Blog ...

Be well...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Ara & Spirit

Edited by beemerchef

143865546-L.jpg

A ride to Cedar Breaks and Kolob Canyons, Utah.

So yes, I am a bit concerned about Spirit’s condition, it tears me up that he is still sick. Wish it was me instead... so hard to see and feel my helpless buddy! Time for a Doctor...

We did do a ride yesterday, he was doing better then. As usual Utah provides some exciting sceneries and roads. Only wish the winds and the rains would stop soon... maybe tomorrow!

More details on today’s Blog ...

You be well...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Ara & Spirit

A healthier Spirit and a safer rig, Utah... +...

144667835-M.jpg

Unfortunately my Website had been down at times these past two days due to power outages in Vermont... I apologize for that. Was a bit surprised they do not have a generator...

But it all just a matter of time... such as Spirit’s health. He received some good care yesterday and as usual acted like a gentleman only stunned by a crying baby lamb!!!

The rig is much safer as you can see the work done on it... of the outmost quality!

A great visit to the Dinosaur Discovery Center... hard to go back in time a couple millions of years!

We are packing to head for California for a few days... with the hope that Spirit gets better by the day... if not, will track back.

The outpour of concerns for Spirit has moved me more than anything else on this Journey, and realizing that so many great people are out there makes me want to get out and... mingle!!!

Hope you enjoy today’s Blog ...

Be well...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Ara and a healthier Spirit!

Ara,

We start arriving in torrey in about 4 weeks/wish you could stay and meet a bunch of the guys and gals. I'll be in on thursday the 17th in the afternoon. Lots of stuff to see as you are finding out.

M

Paul_Burkett

It is good to hear that Spirit is doing well, the rig is better and that you also are doing a lot of cool things.

145525184-L.jpg

One road to Kernville, CA.

We are in Kernville, California, amongst many riders... friends from the past and making new ones.

Cold... very cold, not handling it very well when it drops to the low 20's...

Spirit is doing better everyday and probably wondering why “all those people” want to pet him!!! He did find a few pairs of legs to rub his back against and I am always thankful to anyone that is nice to him...Geode, Glenn... well, cannot blame him for bailing out, weather, distance... schedule... needless to say... “WHIMP”!!!

There will be more in a day or two... have to get back to camp now, my friend Jkam just showed up!... surprise...

You be well... enjoy...

*** The picture above does not reflect my sentiments toward Spirit... just a sick sense of humor...

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Today's Blog....

Hey Killer... I will.

I am heading to CA instead of Torrey now... I will see you next year unless somewhere else!...

146076256-M.jpg

The road back to Utah...

It was truly awesome to meet in person all the faces only labeled by a name for these past years...

And at the same time, to be honest about it, my tolerance for sleeping in the freezing temps seems... well has!... diminished...

As a couple of my new friends said... “it is age Ara!’. I will not deny it...

The riders, sceneries, the roads, even the locals in Kernville made us feel so welcomed... we are on the way back to Utah to gather up the rest of my “stuff”, just to turn around and head back to another circle... the California Circle which comprises Death Valley Natl Park, Giant Sequoia Natl Monument, Sequoia Natl Park and Kings Canyon Natl Park... Give us a couple days and we will get there!... eventually...

Till next time... you stay well.

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

146639902-L.jpg

The Extraterrestrial Highway, NV.

We are back from Kernville and we are leaving for Kernville... Long story!!!

It was a great, cold, and sometimes miserable ride back... but those bad moments are water under the bridge and all that remains are some great memories of the Extraterrestrial Highway...

Did it flip my thoughts because of its name?... or the serenity of its vast quietness?

Still thinking about it...

And some pictures of it on the Blog ...

Enjoy and be well...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Ara & Spirit

147217243-M.jpg

Camping by the Kern River and a great ride... CA.

I guess last weekend’s get together took its toll... as we are back... a bit more north by the river, National Forest primitive camping... peaceful... and quiet, for now! The weather?... Riding to Glennville was an open vent jacket deal... incredibly pleasant.

Sequoia is in the plans... will have to detour as the road from here is still closed... we are just settling in, as they say.

Much more on the Blog in colors...

Be well...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Blog...

Ara & Spirit

147444637-L.jpg

After six months on the road... CA.

Just realized yesterday... the 27th... six months since we left Georgia! Such changes, and feeling as more to come as the Journey takes its own character and personality.

Nothing to celebrate about!... Just thoughts after thoughts crossing my mind...

I am not one that could just ride and eat and sleep... seems like, as I have all my life, to be dedicated somehow to a purpose accomplishing something positive...

Erasing the past path to create a new one and sharing it through my Blog has been a rewarding one... and with some hope will remain that way.

Thank you all for your support... hope I get to write someday...

“After 10 years on the road...” State and Country unknown for now!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

148099431-L.jpgBlog

A “must”do loop... CA.

One of the most pleasant ride taken yesterday... could have been a frame of mind but I know that the terrain had a lot to do with it also. Constant change of scenery, friendly drivers waiving, great weather and nice breeze... Watched some kayakers having a blast and back to camp a bit early decided to do my own take on this “tri-tip” revolution so popular here!!! You be the judge on the Blog ...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Blog...

beemerchef

149098097-L.jpg

The BIG BIG trees in CA... and a cup of coffee!

Moving means busy... I get particular as to where we camp and sometimes it is not too easy finding the right spot. And then there is cooking, riding and exploring, Spirit and our playtime,

you know such things are laundry and Murphy’s law to always fix the unpredictable...

I would not trade my days anymore for anything you could offer me to replace these times...

Including today’s ride to Sequoia amongst the BIG tress... they are huge!... and always wondered... why there?

The first part is already on the Blog ... with the story of a cup of coffee... beware!

You be well... part two will follow very shortly... we are moving again tomorrow... for a week or so... it will be a bit more permanent...

Be well...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

149098123-L.jpg

Rain or shine we ride!!!... CA.

The worse detriment in our Journey is bad weather. We have been lucky... I cannot take the credit that I follow sunshine throughout as we have had bad surprises... from actually lack of forgetting to check the weather sites! Today started heavily forecasted... but it did not keep us down...

Too many roads and sites to see... even if it is a short loop we were out there...

Nice roads... nice scenery... California does not cease to amaze me... unfortunately the prices of goods also take me a bit back...

Our day... and some of the past day on our Blog ... in great colors of Spring.

You all be well... have a great weekend...

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

beemerchef

150284810-L.jpg

Under the clear skies of California...

The skies are finally clear... Sequoia and Yosemite are waiting for us, but there are clouds of pain within me! A kidney infection... stones perhaps also... have managed to make their way since yesterday...

Already on medication... awaiting for all this to end... soon I hope... still took a chance for a little ride and mingle with some friends for some great food and conversations. Might have been a slight judgement error as now I am paying even a higher price for that escapade... but the road... at least half of it was worth it and so was the scenery as written on the Blog ...

Karma has been good as you might read about it... and as always my thoughts are... so many have it so much worse. This too shall pass...

Till later... be well... I am trying myself to go there!!!

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

150689704-L.jpg

On to the Gold Country... CA.

Maybe a couple hundred miles further north tonight, I don’t keep much track of mileage truly.

More important are the roads traveled, the scenery and the feel of it.

Past Pioner on 88... ahead of the riders coming up for the Pashnit Gathering and feeling very fortunate to be allowed to stay here. Beautiful country... much luscious green trees... great weather which I hope holds up for everyone else.

The route is on the Blog and so are a few other pictures...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Firefight911

So close!!!!!! And, alas, I am at work at the fire department. bncry.gifbncry.gif

If you need a place to stay, we live in Diamond Springs and my wife is home. If you come through Folsom, swing by the fire station!!! Would love to let the two of you pull the siren!! tongue.gif

PM for directions!

beemerchef

Hey yes... next week!!! Will pm you... Thanks...

151556469-L.jpg

Do you believe it?... again! Lake Tahoe

At least, again, we did not crash... You must be getting used to this... anyone would like to by a used hack???... Look at it this way... every time something breaks, only 5 times however by now,

it is fixed better... stronger... OK... Maybe you want to wait a little longer, we are getting near completion... not much left that could break... This was a fabricator part by the way...

Besides that, the ride was just fantastic... 88/89 to Lake Tahoe at this time of the year must be the best... cool, just right temps, the roads are dry and open, even Tioga pass is opening tomorrow at noon!

Want to see some pictures... see what happened?... The Blog is up to date...

SmuMug was down for maintenance last night, could not post the pictures and that is OK too...

They are the best in the business...

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Blog

beemerchef

152267088-L.jpg

A Great time at the Pashnit gathering... CA

This will be one of those memorable weekend... no doubt about it. Great people making us feel so welcomed, a family oriented gathering, nice to see and feel the togetherness, the friendships, the camaraderie... good food (at least I hope it truly was Friday night too...). The names will surface as we would love to come back next year.

I still need to have a square piece of metal, which a bolt goes through, permanently repaired with a solid piece machined, drilled and welded... Waiting word from South Lake Tahoe... if not... will look into Sacramento or Stockton... I just got word that this man does not have a drill press...

It will all work out... as it normally does.

More on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

The pleasure and honor was mine Tim. What a great Family you have founded... Congratulations... I am still here by the way!!!... Oh! well...

152267039-L.jpg

Simply Spectacular Views... CA

You might be surprised at my Spectacular views of today... but I see them... and hope that you do to.

The rig is fixed and more... another bracket broke while there and being removed... Ah! I am so glad that I bought the “heavy duty” mounts... You might have had to send me flowers instead of reading this!

A ride to Yosemite coming up... I am ready... we are ready... I even took a night ride to the adjacent campground!... Make sure that my seven headlights are working... all is fine.

Check it out in the Blog ...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

Lots of “WOWS”... Yosemite, CA.

153582084-L.jpgBlog...

Why did it take 18 hours from camp to Yosemite and back??? I am still wondering in amazement...

Great company... too many pictures taken... incredible roads and tired eyes from all the witnessed wonders.

Is there ever any bad weather here?... Perfect.

We are laying low today... real low! Getting ready to move to Cupertino tomorrow putting us closer to SF... and “that” will be a change for us. Are we going to do the tourist thing?... will see.

But Yosemite, part I anyhow, the start... is in the Blog ...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

154016613-L.jpg

More on Yosemite... Part II, CA.

The rest of the story today as we take up residence in Cupertino...

We already have been to a Birthday Gathering with the South Bay Riders... and with the same name a great ride that took us on some beautiful back roads, including seeing for the first time in seven month since we left... the Pacific Ocean!!!

But that is for the next time... more on Yosemite on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

Blog

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

beemerchef

155758950-L.jpg

A loop through Santa Cruz... CA.

More upper body workout on the rig today... sweepers, curves, tight curves... hair pins...

California has it in abundance and more! Some great blue skies... some wet and cold fog... I am learning to add and subtract clothing in a heartbeat... Every few mile has is own weather pattern!

Considering Santa Cruz was not too far... I am not exaggerating!

It was great ride, with a new tire on the sidecar and disc brake functioning close to perfection all day... (that is another story... for another day...), what more can one ask...

More of it on the Blog ...

Till next time...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

* There is a previous post that has... vanished???...

Just in case... 2 Blogs are up!!!

beemerchef

156252406-L.jpg

Thoughts, Bits and Pieces from SF, CA.

Ready... ready... to go back to the Mountains! The Sierras... space please!!! No more traffic lights... traffic period! John said... “you see what you are missing...”. NOT...

But this week has been great, culminating with great company last night over dinner in North Beach... what more can one wish for!

And some pictures not posted before... as I call them... Bits and Pieces... all on the Blog .

Have a great... long weekend.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

156832080-L.jpg

The California Delta...

The Delta Sunset... Space Odyssey... not quite!

Near Walnut Grove, by the levee... by one of the rivers as there are many as we found out this afternoon!

Preceded by a ride to Somerset for a great Rib dinner... company... and laughter!

We are getting back into our space... I feel it!

More on the Blog ...

Be well...

www.theoasisofmysoul.com our Blog

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

157983063-L.jpg

Locke, an old Chinese Delta town, and some new friends… CA

One of course never realize the importance of anything till, in this case, they are about to lose it!… my old faithful lap top! So we have gone through the motions of moving every thing over… a new one, not an easy task… even for me watching my good friend Brian doing his “magic”.

Windows Vista?… Like taming a new wild animal… to say the least!

And a ride in a very interesting little and old Chinese town… I met some people that keep going back as if magnetized by its “space”.

Many pictures of the town, bumping into a rider with who I had corresponded… (what would be the chances!!!)

This new laptop is like a stiff pair of new shoes!… it is all on the Blog however…

Till then…

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

158403436-L.jpg

At the track… and Point Reyes, CA

Good times as always, that is if you discard the windy conditions that are always prevailing here. Some nice cars and rigs at the track… If you are going to have some toys… these people are on top of it!!!

Point Reyes, a nice little town with some great broken down back roads to the Lighthouse…

All in a day’s work… all in the Blog .

Be well till next time…

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

159124371-L.jpg

The Point Reyes Lighthouse, CA

300 steps down and 300 steps up… that is to the lighthouse…

It is a fine ride and a fine view worth coming back to and spending much more time, specially hiking to the beach for the day.

That is the rest of the story from the other day, this State is so full of wonders, including Tioga Pass which we rode yesterday…

Wonder if some members of the V Strom Forum that attended their Reno Gathering and themselves rode Tioga Pass on Saturday afternoon are here… I have something not too nice to say about them…

Enjoy the view on the Blog

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

159113441-L.jpg

Tioga Pass… CA

A much anticipated ride since our last visit to Yosemite, the big loop through Tioga Pass, to 395 north and back through Lake Tahoe and Sacramento. Another ride not to miss, be ready for some photography as every curve is a new scenery. Many other riders going their own way, a popular destination. It was a long day since we came back that evening,

a bit tired… but rewarded mentally from the ride.

The story and pictures on the Blog .

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

this post is a little late, but I saw your picture on the SF Chronicle website 5/26.

beemerchef.jpg

Ara Gureghian, on a cross-country journey that started eight months ago in Naples, Fla., stops in Yosemite Valley to shoot El Capitan, with Bridalveil Falls behind him. Chronicle photo by Michael Maloney
beemerchef

160596389-L.jpg

Thanks... first time I see it in color!!!...

Route 84, the Delta… CA

We sure spend a lot of time on such a short stretch of road… a few hours to cover the 18 mile round trip. There is just something about those 9 miles… different crops, the trees lining the road, the water pumps in old trucks running 24/7, the best for my sight?… the sprinklers themselves… you can hear them too as the traffic is minimal…

We did participate… “we”… at the “Good Morning Sacramento” TV show… channel 31, CBS… fast and faster one needs to be!!! But we had a great time… they ate… we did not!

I have the video link on the Blog

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

161591423-L.jpg

To the California Lost Coast…

Hard to post anything when in transit, specially when having to backtrack, actually push forward to load up on fuel and food and return… The Lost Coast of California is a surprise… How can such a vast area of this State be so desolate… rugged at the same time… I would call it “raw”.

The next leg is to Seattle… but a few days here first! Looking forward to meeting Andy and his family… including the many dogs… I think Spirit will be in Heaven!

The route and some pictures are on the Blog by now…

Enjoy and be well…

Ara & Spirit

162151257-L.jpg

More of the California Lost Coast…

We like it here… a lot! Scenery, just a few campers, the beach everyday… awesome roads and, yes again, a Sunset every night!

Hope you are not tired of them yet… however… I will give you a break on them and take one myself too!

I also decided to offer my services!… Beemerchef is for hire! That is as a Personal Chef … dinners… parties… even classes, yes, to you... If and when in your area… or we can plan to be in your area. I am excited about this… I have been missing that part of my life.

The Giant trees… the Beach… Spirit posing… all in the Blog with a new look… You like it?… My idea… You don’t like it?… Brian’s idea, Mr Computer…

You be well…

Ara & Spirit

162291352-M.gif

163028839-L.jpg

The last Sunset, a true Gift… CA

We had to jump the gun as they say… and leave this am for Seattle. Exciting times ahead which will make this Journey a better one… a safer one.

The last sunsets from last night… more big trees… you are all lucky that we actually left as I might not have spared you!

From somewhere in Oregon right now… posted on the Blog .

Be well…

and remember… Beemerchef for hire when in your area

www.personalchefara.com

Ara and Spirit

163609512-L.jpg

Rig maintenance in Seattle… WA

They say it rains a lot here, in Seattle, and it must. It has been overcast, but we have been too busy taking the rig apart to notice much of it.

The great news is that “Old Faithful‘s” transmission is fine… it is a big load off my mind.

The dogs are having a blast playing, sometimes hard but always friendly.

It is nice to see Spirit having a friend… I often thought about getting him a companion… but… where would he fit in the sidecar! I had a chance of it the other day when I was offered a Pit puppy!… white with black lips and an L marking on her neck.. Named “Lips”!

No riding for a while… trying to stay busy to distract me from the thought of missing my daily ritual!… won’t be long.

Will post the progress on the Blog with everything else that is and will be going on.

Be well…

Don’t forget Beemerchef is for hire when in your area…

Ara & Spirit

165384407-L.jpg

Heading back to Seattle…

Mind games that Spirit is here… I hear and feel him, at the same time I get this “drop the stomach” notion at times… I will have to endure this two more days till our eyes meet again. Patience… I think more than that will be needed.

1100 miles or so to go which will see me back in Seattle Saturday, not Friday as I had planned on. Driving is not my favorite past time!

Had to be done… much more ahead.

Enjoy the pictures in the Blog … as I finally stopped to actively find an Internet connection and take some time to write.

Be well…

Beemerchef for hire if and when in your area!

Ara & Spirit

Edited by beemerchef

166123768-L.jpg

Back in Seattle… reunited!

Feels good to be with my buddy again… even if he was a bit angry! How dare you leave me behind! Feels good to see… the rig again. Did I just say that or did Andy threatened me if I did not write this? The garage door was closed when I pulled in… good thing!

It is all good… all of it! Tired… too much driving…

The rest is on the Blog

Be well…

Beemerchef is for hire if and when in your area…

Ara & Spirit

167011212-L.jpg

Idling near Seattle… WA

One day at the time brings us closer to the new roads ahead of us… We are here thought, so laid back… further than most houses from the main road it feels like we are indeed camping out… the dogs are having a blast and much work ahead for both Andy and I… as I have been allowed to help!!! Yes…

A nice walk right here and some thoughts in the Blog

Be well…

Ara & Spirit

beemerchef

168236730-L.jpg

Enumclaw… WA

I don’t know about Spirit… but I can taste and see the finish line suddenly! If it was not for the rebuilt shocks shipped from Georgia ground instead of air… we would have been rolling by Monday for sure… Now? Maybe Tuesday evening… pull a late one!

Anyhow I cannot leave this town till I have a piece of a pie from the “Pie Goddess”… You can see her on the Blog

Till later… you be well…

Ara & Spirit

… and don’t forget, if and when in your area… would love to cook for you!