9Mary7
F16Viper
RTinNC

Ed Akell

Kenikki

• Like 2
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

Unfortunately, I must scratch my name off of the list. I was looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and friends, but it is not in the stars for this trip. I was going to bring a few lbs.of our local smoked brisket for our board BBQ connoisseur, but that too will have to wait.  Hope all have a great time

You can overnight the brisket to the hotel. :)

Sorry we'll miss you.

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

You can overnight the brisket to the hotel

Thanks John .  I thought of that and then envisioned Pat pushing people out of the way in order to get to it. Didn't want to start a ruckus   :ohboy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

Thanks John .  I thought of that and then envisioned Pat pushing people out of the way in order to get to it. Didn't want to start a ruckus   :ohboy:

Hope all's well on the island.

3 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Hell, make him swing by and pick it up!    

:burnout:

• Like 2
  • Smile 1

THIS JUST IN! Shirts have been ordered, BUT . . I was told they would not place the shirt order until Monday Morning - so you still have time to order your shits - just do so by Midnight on Sunday! :lurk:

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
8 hours ago, taylor1 said:

I’m a polite glutton I’ll have you know! :java: :grin: Sorry ya can’t make it Dave. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No fooling - The Hoosier STARTers got together today at Indy Scott's to celebrate the START of riding season!

20230401_134504.thumb.jpg.e6f9bac8d77c79e8fbecafde88cdae65.jpg

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

No fooling - The Hoosier STARTers got together today at Indy Scott's to celebrate the START of riding season!

In Charlotte we celebrate the start of the riding season with a ride.  Oh wait we don’t celebrate the start of the riding season because it never ends.

• Like 4

I get it - fair weather riders. Cool. :wave:

We ride all year round, but celebrate the START of Spring that leads to the disappearance of Sodium chloride, sand, rock salt, etc being spread on our roads. And it's a great excuse for our crew of STARTers to get together and break bread.

• Like 6
9 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Nice digs Scott....looks like Fido's attention span waned. :18:

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
15 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Thanks to @Indy Dave and @Indy Scott for making this happen.  Great folks.  Great food.

Dave with our host and hostess.

image.thumb.png.33deab65fc4b6c7efdba07ec4b67d05a.png

• Like 4

Anyone riding down from the Front Royal VA area on/around the 22nd or 23rd?  I’m solo and wondering if anyone is interested in riding together?  I’m on a RT.  If not I plan to arrive on Mon/Tues

Bill Murray

Headcount update. Please add Dennis Barlow, my friend who rides a Goldwing. He will be joining us for START.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2023 at 2:26 AM, BamaJohn said:

Nice digs Scott....looks like Fido's attention span waned. :18:

Yes,  they have 2 Greyhounds - awesome pups!  @Indy Scott

Kenny Haynes

Been a while, but hope to join in for part of the weekend.  Please let me know if there is a room cancellation or a recommended overflow spot.  Thanks!    

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Kenny Haynes said:

Been a while, but hope to join in for part of the weekend.  Please let me know if there is a room cancellation or a recommended overflow spot.  Thanks!    

Hi Kenny, Happy to have you join us! We can let you know if something opens up, in the meantime, you might look at:

Comfort Inn

234 Highland Pkwy

East Ellijay, GA 30540

(706) 515-6000

• Like 1

Welcome @Chris K

:old::old: UPDATE  :read: :read:

If you've not yet signed up for dinner, please do so ASAP. I'll be on the road next week with @DaveCinNO, Don G and @R.Mills -   :bike: MotoGP Bound  :bike: .

So please :old:, I don't need MORE reasons to drown my worries away :ohboy:  :rofl:  :beer: while in Texas!

STARTWhosgoingMar30Page1halfapr3.thumb.jpg.518ff4e1454114676132dbdb67b52a10.jpg

STARTWhosgoingMar30Page1pt2currentapr6.jpg.6a5e1db9b2179ca2792368b94598016d.jpg

start2023whosgoingpage2currentRapr6.jpg.b28425a03cbcd4f5faa2ba1fc67e214b.jpg

• Like 2

Well, work has reared it head again. I'll be on travel and will have to miss the event ... yet again. 

Come on retirement! 

Will have to catch you all at FART. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
Motorhead1977

A small bit of slightly unrelated START info, I was able to get the side bags for my 1250 RS color matched (using the BMW mixing code) and they are on the bike as of last night and will be making an in person appearance at START 2023.  Paint supplier and painter did a great job all for a very nice price.  Here's a picture:

Color Matched Panniers.jpg

• Like 8
5 hours ago, TyTass said:

Well, work has reared it head again. I'll be on travel and will have to miss the event ... yet again. 

Come on retirement! 

Will have to catch you all at FART. 

And just that fast my fortunes (i.e., schedule) has changed. I'm back IN! :5210:

Arriving Thurs late afternoon or evening. Departing Sat evening. Still have to be on a flight out west Sun morning. 

• Like 7
RandyShields

Basecamp Update:  All, I was playing around this afternoon with Basecamp and got a pop up that an update was available to fix some bugs and such.  It's been a long time since I've seen a Basecamp update.  Uploaded and all seems to be working well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
54 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Basecamp Update:  All, I was playing around this afternoon with Basecamp and got a pop up that an update was available to fix some bugs and such.  It's been a long time since I've seen a Basecamp update.  Uploaded and all seems to be working well.

Updates are available for both Windows or Mac Versions of BaseCamp?

As for the routes for START 2023, you do not have to use BaseCamp to transfer the routes to your Garmin GPS units.

But it is interesting that Garmin remembers that they created a program called BaseCamp.

• Smile 1
RandyShields
1 hour ago, Bernie said:

Updates are available for both Windows or Mac Versions of BaseCamp?

I have a Windows laptop.  Don't know about Mac updates.

Yes, nice to see that Garmin remembers they have Basecamp out there.

• Like 2

Please take note of a SPECIAL EVENT!!!

I have posted the details of a Raffle to benefit Cancer Research.

My wife, Mary, is recovering from her follow-up surgery 1 year after the initial major cancer surgery...it's back and this dreadful disease is my enemy!

All the details can be found on the START Thread where information about "All Things Boxflyer in Ellijay" has been started by IndyDave.

https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/topic/106135-all-things-boxflyer-in-ellijay-check-here-for-parts-tires-service-scheduling-questions/?do=findComment&comment=1137344

I hope you can participate in this great cause....and maybe win some unique tools!

Brad

• Like 2

I'll be there. Not sure if it'll be Wed or Thur, but bringing the rv and dragging the bike behind. Leaving Sunday.

• Like 4
Lone_RT_rider
13 minutes ago, Kenny Haynes said:

Couldn't get in the Stratford Inn so booked the Budget Inn close by.  Arriving Friday.

Jeeeeeeese.  Baker show's up and all you Baker-ites start coming out of the woodwork.  ;)  Let me guess? Big-T will be next? :4322:

It will be good to see you Kenny. :)

Shawn

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Jeeeeeeese.  Baker show's up and all you Baker-ites start coming out of the woodwork.  ;)  Let me guess? Big-T will be next? :4322:

It will be good to see you Kenny. :)

Shawn

Next thing you know @roadscholarwill be camping out in his ElCamino in the parking lot. :4617:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
30 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

I'd actually thought about stopping by with a Boxster or M3 and offering scary rides for any volunteers : ) 

Great, I was hoping we would see again. 

3 hours ago, roadscholar said:

I'd actually thought about stopping by with a Boxster or M3 and offering scary rides for any volunteers : ) 

It’ll be great to see you again Bill! :thumbsup: But, all I can offer up is a drone ride. :dontknow: I’ll explain in the parking lot. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welp...after a full day at COTA, I planned to get the varroas START lists caught up and posted. But, once we got back to the cabin, @DaveCinNO and I got to catching up, and the next THING WE KNOW IS, IT'S 2AM!

So, we'll give it another attempt tomorrow after quals and the sprint race. 

• Like 3
  • Smile 1