IGNORED

START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour) Ellijay, GA April 26 - 30, 2023

Indy Dave

What a great time, wonderful people, spectacular riding.  Greeted by my granddaughter when I got home.  Safe riding till next time!  

It won’t be the same riding without you all.

image.gif.b3da882a5b9a09f87a57f5d3944e8164.gif

49D1E8BF-A96A-406E-ADC9-EDDB1A7BDCF4.jpeg

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, Mini Sub said:

What a great time, wonderful people, spectacular riding.  Greeted by my granddaughter when I got home.  Safe riding till next time!  

It won’t be the same riding without you all.

image.gif.b3da882a5b9a09f87a57f5d3944e8164.gif

49D1E8BF-A96A-406E-ADC9-EDDB1A7BDCF4.jpeg

I still think you are lying about your age !!  Be safe and enjoy that cool Norden !! 

IMG_9199.JPG

• Like 2
  • Smile 2

^ I didn’t realize it was a Norden demo day. I would have got in line! :classic_biggrin:

First part of the journey north is complete.

010ABD21-EDC6-42E9-928F-3A5D07E14EC8.jpeg

• Like 2
Motorhead1977

Home A-ok. Saturday's 600 miles were sunny and easy travel. However the last 350 miles today were rain soaked but since we trailered it was the idiots playing bumper cars with semi trucks that were the real inconvenience.  We had an awesome time meeting everyone and riding with Bernie when it was dry. Looking forward to FART! :clap::bike:

• Like 5
Indy Dave

And then there was one.

@marcopolo begins his trip to The Great White North....

20230501_062750.thumb.jpg.6e8a2eb1d3e200c8581284824a6f3b3b.jpg

and. .... I've finally had my first breakfast burrito from the place 2 doors down. 

Edited by Indy Dave
  • Like 11

A reminder to everyone that hotel reservations for FART cannot be made until the official announcement and details have been published.  The hotel system will show no rooms available if you try to reserve now.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to EVERYONE!

Back home OK after the second day of 12hr white knuckle driving, dealing with a loaded trailer and insane traffic. 
My newly installed TPMS in the trailer tires saved me from a potential disaster on the worst I-95 section in NY just before entering CT. The alarm sounded at the low pressure threshold I had set and I was able to get to the shoulder and 15min later was back on the racetrack on I-95!  Of course I used power tools and a hydraulic jack, but had everything packed in the trailer so I could access just what I needed for this situation. 

I may not have been able to work on everyone’s bike this time, but hope to get my hands on yours sometime in the future. 

The support of the fund raising effort for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund was OUTSTANDING!  
I will be giving them about $3000 thanks to the generosity of this group at START. 

Excellent event thanks to @Indy Dave and the team of BBRs. 

Personal thanks to everyone who brought me burritos, drinks, and snacks while I was working on bikes, and to those who bought my meals when we went out…now I need to get my waistline back under control!

I’m already committed to attend FART, so as soon as the new BMWST Forum Thread starts up I’ll be scheduling folks for Boxflyer service. 

Glad to have met up with old friends and been introduced to new ones. 

See you soon I hope. 
Brad

• Like 13
  • Smile 1
John Ranalletta

A little "hair of the dog" for those hungover from riding great roads with great people.

• Like 4
  • Smile 1
1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

A little "hair of the dog" for those hungover from riding great roads with great people.

:18:

• Like 2

Hi there,

Wonderful to see you all in Ellijay. Thank you as always for your smiles and the warmth of your welcomes, the fun and friendship - and appreciation to the fabulous ART team for all your hard work and effort in putting the event together.

Below a link to a few photos - some good, some ok, some WTF!!!   You should be able to download with ease but let me know if you experience any problems either accessing the gallery and downloading pics.

https://www.thrutheeyesofnicola.com/Unlisted-Galleries/START-ELLIJAY-2023/n-ZmpLqM/

Take good care. Hope to see you in Sparta

Nikki 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
John Ranalletta
7 minutes ago, Kenikki said:

Hi there,

Wonderful to see you all in Ellijay. Thank you as always for your smiles and the warmth of your welcomes, the fun and friendship - and appreciation to the fabulous ART team for all your hard work and effort in putting the event together.

Below a link to a few photos - some good, some ok, some WTF!!!   You should be able to download with ease but let me know if you experience any problems either accessing the gallery and downloading pics.

https://www.thrutheeyesofnicola.com/Unlisted-Galleries/START-ELLIJAY-2023/n-ZmpLqM/

Nikki 

Superb!.  Thanks, Nikki

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 2
1 hour ago, Kenikki said:

Hi there,

Nikki 

Nikki as always great photos!  Thanks so much.  Hope to see you in Sparta!!

• Like 2

Hoping someone can assist me .... I am trying to get contact info (site name, etc) for the guy who won the tires.  I gave him my contact info and asked that he send me an email so we can get the tire deal done but have not heard from him.  

This is the guy and I know he lives in he Hickory, NC area. 

Thanks! 

i-3TptHxB-X2.jpg

John Ranalletta
16 hours ago, Kenikki said:

Hi there,

Nikki 

@Kenikki, would there be an issue with members using the comments function of the gallery to identify persons in the picture?  Example: In any picture in which I appear, I could identify myself by name and others in the photo.

1 hour ago, RTinNC said:

Hoping someone can assist me .... I am trying to get contact info (site name, etc) for the guy who won the tires.  I gave him my contact info and asked that he send me an email so we can get the tire deal done but have not heard from him.  

This is the guy and I know he lives in he Hickory, NC area. 

Thanks! 

i-3TptHxB-X2.jpg

Ed,  His name is Rick Young  ERdoc on the board.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ron-M said:

Ed,  His name is Rick Young  ERdoc on the board.  

Thanks so much!! 

3 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

@Kenikki, would there be an issue with members using the comments function of the gallery to identify persons in the picture?  Example: In any picture in which I appear, I could identify myself by name and others in the photo.

Hi John. My apologies for the delay in responding. Been on installations all day. I have no problem with that. I'll make sure the comments function is accessibile and on in the gallery settings. Thanks, Nikki 

• Like 1
Indy Dave
1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

Very slow couple on a RT on the Cherohala  START 2023

Looks good, John - You're right at home! Great engine sound.

I'll offer this - as it was easy to do without much time required. A complete START Video will be forthcoming. 

The music was, of course Totally random . . . :wave:  :4296:

• Like 5
RandyShields

Re:  Hoosiers Invade START 2023:

I love you guys and all you do for the collective, but I just can't get this out of my head . . . .

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Indy Dave
1 hour ago, RandyShields said:

I love you guys and all you do for the collective, but I just can't get this out of my head . . . .

I get it Randy. And we don't mind. People have been underestimating us for as long as we can remember. It wasn't lost on us that that big Charlotte crowd never did arrive... :wave:

And the Hoosiers stayed till the bitter end, unlike our good friends from Charlotte..

• Like 1
RandyShields
1 hour ago, Indy Dave said:

It wasn't lost on us that that big Charlotte crowd never did arrive.

Touche.  We did have half our contingent bail, which was disappointing.  And we did see that your crew stayed until the end.  Very impressive.

• Like 2
RandyShields
1 hour ago, Indy Dave said:

For some reason, this keeps coming to mind...

Luckily, we are not drinking mead and death is not on the line. Mostly.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, RandyShields said:

Touche.  We did have half our contingent bail, which was disappointing.  And we did see that your crew stayed until the end.  Very impressive.

Yeah …. It appears the Charlotte crew needs some work for sure but we’re in the development phase ….ha!   I did arrive a day early it that counts 😁

And I do appreciate all the Hoosiers do for us.  Thank you all mucho…. And thanks for letting me sneak into the Hoosier video.  Maybe I need to consider moving to the Midwest!

• Thanks 1
Indy Dave
20 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Yeah …. It appears the Charlotte crew needs some work for sure but we’re in the development phase ….ha!   I did arrive a day early it that counts 😁

And I do appreciate all the Hoosiers do for us.  Thank you all mucho…. And thanks for letting me sneak into the Hoosier video.  Maybe I need to consider moving to the Midwest!

While we specialize in Hoosier Hospitality, and you have that trait down in spades, Ed, our roads are not much different than in Charlotte. And thanks so much for welcoming our first timers and all that you do to promote the ARTs! :clap:

• Like 2
On 3/10/2023 at 11:58 AM, Indy Dave said:

Hang tight, the best and brightest among us are hard at work . . . (run for your lives!)

20170930_091144.thumb.jpg.499b09d5a73b0595ace2730e671922b8.jpg

Please submit a caption for this photo! Best caption will win a prize at START!

Did I miss it?    

Who won the prize for Best Caption?

:dontknow:

• Like 1
RandyShields

William, I just saw the photos of our group in the Gallery that you purchased from 129 Slayer up on the Tail of the Dragon.  Thanks so much!!  That was very nice, and the shots you picked of each of us look great.  It actually looks like we know what we are doing with our Ride Smart leaning.  

• Like 1

Hi Randy, let me know if you want a digital copy.   I can send it to you in an email.   I remember Chris joking about leaning in to it even though we we going slow past that one photographer on the Cherohala; I did just that, though it was hard to see the lean due to camera positioning.  

Classic.

5 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I remember Chris joking about leaning in to it even though we we going slow past that one photographer on the Cherahola; I did just that, though it was hard to see the lean due to camera positioning.  

Classic.

The location of the photographer on the Cherohala is not much of a curve and wicking things up to 90mph may not be prudent just to get a good photo op! Good photos!

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
Motorhead1977

Perhaps my age is showing but I can't seem to find a link to these photos of which you make mention. :old:  Could someone post a linky?  TIA

• Plus 1 1
RandyShields
59 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Hi Randy, let me know if you want a digital copy. 

Thanks.  I was able to copy what you had posted, so I am good!  At this rate, I will be buying you a meal at every upcoming ART!

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/1/2023 at 8:03 PM, Kenikki said:

Hi there,

Nikki 

Not sure if you were looking for the people pics but here are the ones Nikki took. We have Brad an excellent mechanic on hand and….we also have a professional photographer! Lucky us!:yes:See above ^ 

41 minutes ago, Motorhead1977 said:

Perhaps my age is showing but I can't seem to find a link to these photos of which you make mention. :old:  Could someone post a linky?  TIA

• Like 1
RandyShields
On 5/6/2023 at 5:19 PM, Indy Dave said:

Great video Dave!  Loved the music.  And a wonderful photo of you and your wife.

• Like 2
Indy Dave
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Not sure if you were looking for the people pics but here are the ones Nikki took. We have Brad an excellent mechanic on hand and….we also have a professional photographer! Lucky us!:yes:See above ^ 

Nikki asked me to put some of those in the gallery, so many of them will be there shortly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
John Ranalletta

While at START and pondering what to do during the Thursday rain out, we drove over to visit and lunch with @BamaJohn.

Ensconced in his beautiful log cabin Alpine hideaway, we enjoyed telling tales and taking in his company.  I know he missed his friends at START.  Great day for us!

IMG_9861.JPG

• Like 7
10 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

While at START and pondering what to do during the Thursday rain out, we drove over to visit and lunch with @BamaJohn.

Ensconced in his beautiful log cabin Alpine hideaway, we enjoyed telling tales and taking in his company.  I know he missed his friends at START.  Great day for us!

IMG_9861.JPG

What a great surprise to have Ruth & John take their time to come visit me at The Treehouse!  We broke bread, laughed, and told stories for several hours, and John is right...I did miss being a part of START '23.  See ya in September!

• Like 6
On 5/10/2023 at 6:50 AM, BamaJohn said:

What a great surprise to have Ruth & John take their time to come visit me at The Treehouse!  We broke bread, laughed, and told stories for several hours, and John is right...I did miss being a part of START '23.  See ya in September!

We missed you as well, John! So great that John and Ruth took the time to visit, bringing START to YOU! :clap:

• Like 2
  • Indy Dave unfeatured this topic