IGNORED

START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour) Blairsville, GA April 27 - May 1, 2022

Indy Dave

I have not been to one of the group rides.  I am looking forward to meeting the group. I will be attending the START ride in the spring. Riding in from Virginia.

I do have a questions.  I have been having intermittent issues with my RT that several mechanics have not been able to resolve.  If my BMW is out of service, would I be welcome riding my Moto Guzzi?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.   

• Like 4

Is that Guzzi capable of Sport Touring?   :whistle:

Have you had the chance to post questions in the WETHEAD FORUM about that issue with your RT?    There seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this board.   Just sayin'

Looking forward to meeting some more first timers.   See you then!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wbw6cos said:

Is that Guzzi capable of Sport Touring?   :whistle:

Have you had the chance to post questions in the WETHEAD FORUM about that issue with your RT?    There seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this board.   Just sayin'

Looking forward to meeting some more first timers.   See you then!

The Guzzi is an adventure bike.  It does run out of steam at the century mark  LOL.  It is lots of fun below 85.

I have a couple of questions out to people on this forum.  My bike is a cam head.  I did have a post about it earlier.  So far have replaced lots of parts but no go.  If I know that the new fuel pump would not of worked I would of traded it in for a new RT and not purchased the Guzzi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will fit right in with the few adventure bikes that, somehow, make it to the gathering.   No worries there; you should be fine.  It is all about the people who ride bikes anyway.   :yes:

You will most likely see some Hondas, Harleys, KTMs, to name a few.   A Guzzi will gather some folks around it in the parking lot, so be prepared for talk about it.   LOL

• Like 2
3 hours ago, VaR1200RT said:

I have not been to one of the group rides.  I am looking forward to meeting the group. I will be attending the START ride in the spring. Riding in from Virginia.

I do have a questions.  I have been having intermittent issues with my RT that several mechanics have not been able to resolve.  If my BMW is out of service, would I be welcome riding my Moto Guzzi?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.   

If you bring cigars and good liquor to share then we don't care what you ride. :4322: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 11/24/2021 at 4:00 PM, wbw6cos said:

You will fit right in with the few adventure bikes that, somehow, make it to the gathering.   No worries there; you should be fine.  It is all about the people who ride bikes anyway.   :yes:

You will most likely see some Hondas, Harleys, KTMs, to name a few.   A Guzzi will gather some folks around it in the parking lot, so be prepared for talk about it.   LOL

Hopefully I will be on my BMW.  The Guzzi does attract a lot of attention.  :18:

Back of the Dragon.jpg

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, VaR1200RT said:

Hopefully I will be on my BMW.  The Guzzi does attract a lot of attention.  :18:

Back of the Dragon.jpg

where are ya' in VA?  

Made my reservations for entire time.  Right now I am planning on arriving on Wednesday. 

Also currently working to get my BMW back on the road so I can ride it to this ride.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, VaR1200RT said:

Made my reservations for entire time.  Right now I am planning on arriving on Wednesday. 

Also currently working to get my BMW back on the road so I can ride it to this ride.

I have no doubt you'll have your RT up and running and making up for lost time!  :revit:

On 11/4/2021 at 9:00 AM, Lone_RT_rider said:

I need a new Stich. Now that my weight is fairly stable after 4 years, it might be time. Of course, the funds are always an issue. My bonus comes the first week in March and this looks to be a rebound year for CAT. I'm thinking it's time. :) 

Oh....sorry to disappoint, but there will not be a Big Bird 2.0.  I'm going to keep the impact zones high viz, but I am still trying to figure out what the primary color will be. 

Shawn

I hear you!

I just got a used one that looks a little too much like a flight suit for my tastes. 

It was low cost though, so my inner Scotsman is happy.

• Smile 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 9:47 PM, JSCOTT said:

Anyone from the NY/NJ area riding down?   

I’ll be coming through there but you won’t recognize my BMW GS, It’ll be disguised as an F150. :classic_ohmy: 

Maybe a little further down the line you could connect with someone. Washington / Virginia areas. :dontknow:

• Haha 3

Great to have so many returning regulars, semi-regulars and newcomers! Welcome one and all!

As of Dec 16:

567201217_START2021whosgoingdec16R.thumb.jpg.ddd9a2a9393101c45b72fc2febcb26ab.jpg

389291649_rollcalldec16pg2R3.thumb.jpg.7cb2df67f4671c81bd9564e159baf4cf.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum.   IF you are interested in coming to START in Blairsville, then there should be quite a few rides for you to enjoy,  Another plus is there are few folks riding in from the NE.   @JSCOTT was looking to see if anyone from NJ/NY was riding down. 

There is another gathering in WV (location TBA) which would meet your desires.  I just read that you posted on the UnRally thread.  You are a lot closer to that one.  Nice.

Cheers!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, kollerwa said:

Good morning everyone. I'm new to the group. I'm interested in any ride in the mid Atlantic area. I own a 2016 R1200RS and a 1977 R100S.  

Good Morning kollerwa, and welcome to the board! Nice Bikes! :18:  The ART's (START in the Spring and FART in the Fall) are not generally in the Mid-Atlantic States - but we're right next door and you're always welcome!

The UNRALLY next year will be held in West Virginia June 26- 30th. Event details will be announced shortly. Please feel free to join us!

Dennis Andress

11 hours ago, kollerwa said:

Good morning everyone. I'm new to the group. I'm interested in any ride in the mid Atlantic area. I own a 2016 R1200RS and a 1977 R100S.  

Lots of good people around here fit the mid Atlantic mold. START this year was worth the trip, and I hope to make many more. But, no matter how much I sweeten the pie, practically none of them come West...

80726657-7E84-4865-80D8-CC8BF6A8BF1C.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

practically none of them come West...

Don't count us out yet  Dennis . Linda and I are thinkin real hard on a western trip next fall.

Dennis Andress
25 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Don't count us out yet  Dennis . Linda and I are thinkin real hard on a western trip next fall.

:18:  I have schemes and dreams of making it to the UN and to FART next year. Southern Utah cools off in early October and this year stayed really nice until after Thanksgiving. The local cash cow tourists went home around November 15. 

• Like 4

Blairsville is a beautiful area. I rode through there in October last year on my home from Birmingham. Several friends (the younger ones) did a track day at Barber. US19 is a good road all the way to PA.

• Like 2
On 12/19/2021 at 9:58 AM, Dennis Andress said:

Lots of good people around here fit the mid Atlantic mold. START this year was worth the trip, and I hope to make many more. But, no matter how much I sweeten the pie, practically none of them come West...

80726657-7E84-4865-80D8-CC8BF6A8BF1C.jpeg

I beg to differ sir.

Dennis Andress
10 minutes ago, Rob Nowell said:

Longjohn (in yellow?) looks to be bringing an aircraft in for a landing!

That's lawnchairboy. It's was really windy up there...

• Like 1
lawnchairboy
On 12/29/2021 at 3:05 PM, Dennis Andress said:

That's lawnchairboy. It's was really windy up there...

in Hi-Viz glory...

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
4 minutes ago, Matts_12GS said:

Yeah, what he said. 

Hey! That's you in the picture, with the red thing wrapped around your head ^^^

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mr_Ed said:

Room booked.  Plan to arrive on Thursday the 28th and depart on the 1st.

Mr_Ed - Welcome, looking forward to seeing you in Blairsville! :clap::yes:

567201217_START2021whosgoingdec16R.thumb.jpg.ddd9a2a9393101c45b72fc2febcb26ab.jpg

183032653_START2021whosgoingjan17pg2.thumb.jpg.4cfbb750d85df887345ec4a027a0fd71.jpg

• Like 1
On 1/23/2022 at 7:03 PM, Indy Dave said:

Mark - Happy to have you joining us!! :clap:

1776300312_BlairsvillewhosgoingPg1Jan23.thumb.jpg.f32e71dfb9c65c3a8506360657ff112e.jpg

1599179976_BlairsvillewhosgoingPg2Jan23.thumb.jpg.1f6dffb4b06d8d3dee4a217b2a2f52ac.jpg

I told Mark that you always provide weather just as perfect as we had in Sparta 😉

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
Bitter Printer

Hello all,

I am new to the group, and I plan on attending the START.  I look forward to meeting some new folks that share my passion for a nice meal and an adult beverage at the end of a great day of sport touring. 

Andrew Berman

• Like 5
Bitter Printer

Thanks.  Ed Apelian turned me on to the group.  I am planning on being in the area for the MOA Getaway at Fontana that ends on 4/24 so I figured to just keep riding over to Blairsville.  It should be a nice 1-2 punch. 

• Like 7
26 minutes ago, Bitterprinter said:

Hello all,

I am new to the group, and I plan on attending the START.  I look forward to meeting some new folks that share my passion for a nice meal and an adult beverage at the end of a great day of sport touring. 

Andrew Berman

Welcome Andrew.  Looking forward to meeting you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bitterprinter said:

Hello all,

Andrew Berman

Bring a cigar too. Welcome aboard.

Welcome Bitter Printer!

Although it's only midwinter

No doubt we'll all have some grinner's

When we all get together for dinner

Where you may even be a prize winner.

As of Jan. 29:

1194053149_BlairsvillewhosgoingPg1Jan29r2.jpg.e89cf2aaba31e641c7c3e766763bf362.jpg

1599179976_BlairsvillewhosgoingPg2Jan23.thumb.jpg.1f6dffb4b06d8d3dee4a217b2a2f52ac.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
  • Like 2
  • Smile 1
On 1/28/2022 at 3:14 PM, Bitter Printer said:

Hello all,

Andrew Berman

welcome

• Like 1