IGNORED

START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour) Blairsville, GA April 27 - May 1, 2022

Indy Dave

3 minutes ago, bmwrob said:

I just made my reservation. See you there. 

Best Rob! Are you arriving on Wed?

Spring has Sprung in Indiana! That means the riding is returning and... that our Room block will be expiring in a few weeks. Best to make you plans and reserve your room now! :old:

7077870_BlairsvillewhosgoingPg1Mar3.thumb.jpg.fe9ad5567444f1305a64c4215dd53381.jpg

1343130955_BlairsvillewhosgoingPg2Mar3.thumb.jpg.90e5fdc8daebcc721b29625d72a1d7ba.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

It's Spring? It was 32 degrees at my house this morning. UHG

But 60 yesterday, 50 the day before. And 70 for our ride to Cammack Station on Saturday! :bike:

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
1 minute ago, Indy Dave said:

But 60 yesterday, 50 the day before. And 70 for our ride to Cammack Station on Saturday! :bike:

Ummmm yeah. About that ride. I sent you a text.  :(  :4317:

• Like 1

I am in limbo for the Start. I need my shocks rebuilt and I am in the repair queue at the Beemer shop. About 2 weeks before the rebuild date I have to remove the shocks and send them to California. I am hoping that happens soon.

I could blow it off and send them in at the end of the riding season with way too many miles on them.

Does anyone need a room mate? I hate not being able to commit!

Alan

• Sad 1

Here is a preview of the routes for START 2022 in Blairsville, GA. 3B4C4CFB-8135-4675-9474-771112070958.thumb.png.40c650215eb30645b08be9b42912c26c.png
Something to study while waiting out the bad weather. Get your bike ready to rock and roll. 

• Like 4

Be interesting to see how many miles were actually mapped out there. :16: Don’t know if it’s an easy calculation for Bernie but, I’m gonna toss out a numbered guess at 1643 miles. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

Lone_RT_rider
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Good idea for a  contest.  :java:

Everything doesn't have to be a competition! lol .... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd say it's definitely iffy here.  This time of year anything can happen weatherwise.  Saturday morning it was snowing, Sunday I was working outside in a T-shirt.

19 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

I'd say it's definitely iffy here.  This time of year anything can happen weatherwise.  Saturday morning it was snowing, Sunday I was working outside in a T-shirt.

+1 on the IDES OF MARCH!

• Like 1
On 3/15/2022 at 7:58 AM, Indy Dave said:

A scouting we will go! Off to meet up with @marcopoloand @60Aviators

Somewhere down South a ways .. :bike:  :5210:

20220315_074105.jpg

Wow you put your bike back together much quicker than I did.  But I have hopes that 6 hours this Saturday gets me done :-)
I am waiting on ONE part that I hope is here Friday or Saturday.  if so 6 hours of focused uninterrupted time might get it done.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, randy said:

Wow you put your bike back together much quicker than I did.  But I have hopes that 6 hours this Saturday gets me done :-)
I am waiting on ONE part that I hope is here Friday or Saturday.  if so 6 hours of focused uninterrupted time might get it done.

I'll do a brief write up in the Gasoline Alley thread soon on what was modified and changed.

20220304_180429.thumb.jpg.2b2ab8411180e9354a3bc4fb94778092.jpg

20220316_143825.thumb.jpg.54524cd481a76e4df21b2662ce93d677.jpg

It is very hard to post this but it looks like I will not be making it to the 2022 START in Blairsville. :cry::ohboy:

My wife is having surgery in NYC on the 26th so no go for me.  We tried very hard to get the surgery moved to later in May but that was not doable.  I hate missing this event and watching Boxflyer perform his tech magic.    I have not cancelled my room yet so if anyone needs a room, ground floor with 2 queen beds let me know. 

:27:

• Sad 1

@RTinNCEd, sorry we're going to miss you, and hoping for the best for your wife. The UN is just around the corner!

As for the scouting, tomorrow we're hoping for...

Sunrise on the road behind

Sunset on the road ahead..

20220316_142925.thumb.jpg.3fc58467911bde64d34f335fa7e331fc.jpg

Our work here is done, and sadly, this location isn't suitable for the high standards you all have come to expect from the ART's. That's ok! We'll keep on exploring new opportunities.

Pack up all those phantoms

Shoulder that invisible load

Keep on riding north and west

Haunting that wilderness road 

Like  ghost rider(s) :bike:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

@RTinNCEd, sorry we're going to miss you, and hoping for the best for your wife. The UN is just around the corner!

As for the scouting, tomorrow we're hoping for...

Sunrise on the road behind

Sunset on the road ahead..

20220316_142925.thumb.jpg.3fc58467911bde64d34f335fa7e331fc.jpg

Our work here is done, and sadly, this location isn't suitable for the high standards you all have come to expect from the ART's. That's ok! We'll keep on exploring new opportunities.

Pack up all those phantoms

Shoulder that invisible load

Keep on riding north and west

Haunting that wilderness road 

Like  ghost rider(s) :bike:

Thanks Dave!   I am pretty bummed but will catch the Fall event for sure. 

• Like 1

Just got back home to Nashville from Arizona, New Mexico (White Sands, Silver City) and places west.  Good warm-up for START!

IMG_20220312_150557958_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220311_072232923_HDR.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Brunhilde said:

Just got back home to Nashville from Arizona, New Mexico (White Sands, Silver City) and places west.  Good warm-up for START!

IMG_20220312_150557958_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220311_072232923_HDR.jpg

“Warm up” ha!   Looks more like a cool down with that white stuff!  Is that what they call “snow “. Not common here in God’s country😂

• Haha 2

Well the Beemer shop is soo far behind rebuilding shock that my rebuild date is well after the START! In fact I don't think they will be able to get mine done before my long summer trip Grrrrrr.

Alan

• Sad 3

Whatever the standard rebuild is, seals, fluid change I guess. These are the Tractive Conversion shocks. The beemershop has only one guy doing the rebuilds and he is way behind.

• Sad 1

I'm pretty sure my race car suspension guy can hook you up. He rebuilt my "non serviceable" self leveling shocks on my M5.

• Like 1

Hi Guys!  Hoping to be in Wed. thru Sun.  Hotel says no rooms left…. If anybody plans to cancel, please let me know so I can grab yours!  Thanks!  😁

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, TN_R11_Girl said:

Hi Guys!  Hoping to be in Wed. thru Sun.  Hotel says no rooms left…. If anybody plans to cancel, please let me know so I can grab yours!  Thanks!  😁

I’ve got a room I’m going to cancel 

I’ll pm you with my cell and happy to coordinate 

• Like 2
On 3/16/2022 at 2:48 PM, RTinNC said:

It is very hard to post this but it looks like I will not be making it to the 2022 START in Blairsville. :cry::ohboy:

My wife is having surgery in NYC on the 26th so no go for me.  We tried very hard to get the surgery moved to later in May but that was not doable.  I hate missing this event and watching Boxflyer perform his tech magic.    I have not cancelled my room yet so if anyone needs a room, ground floor with 2 queen beds let me know. 

:27:

41 minutes ago, TN_R11_Girl said:

Check with Ed! Also, if he's already released his room, call the hotel!

1419222062_Screenshot(226).thumb.png.53a5882920a84287160d41c1eec9a16f.png

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

I'm pretty sure my race car suspension guy can hook you up. He rebuilt my "non serviceable" self leveling shocks on my M5.

These are completely rebuild-able shocks. Maybe I can get the valve kit from them. I have a great shock guy locally that works on all the hard scramble and extreme enduro bikes. We will see.

Alan

• Like 1

It's not rocket science to shock guys (although knowing Ted, he'd say he's the only guy!). I'm sure your can get it handled somewhere.

23 hours ago, TN_R11_Girl said:

I sent a PM With my cell # but have not heard from her??    Just checking to see if you still need the room??   I would like to cancel with Hotel soon so that they can rent the room 

Lone_RT_rider
29 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

I sent a PM With my cell # but have not heard from her??    Just checking to see if you still need the room??   I would like to cancel with Hotel soon so that they can rent the room 

Ed, I sent her a text last night and let her know you were wanting to do this. Please be patient, I'm pretty sure she still needs a room. 

Shawn

9 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Ed, I sent her a text last night and let her know you were wanting to do this. Please be patient, I'm pretty sure she still needs a room. 

Shawn

Thanks!   I had just not heard anything and just wanted to ensure she had not landed a room  Happy to hold off until later this week before I cancel. 

Is there a way to email the hotel.  I tried to look for an email but could not find one.  I am thinking of calling them.  I made my reservation and they gave me a confirmation number and said they would email me but I never received anything from them so I want to check to see if I still have a room reserved.

Thanks

On 3/16/2022 at 2:47 PM, Indy Dave said:

I'll do a brief write up in the Gasoline Alley thread soon on what was modified and changed.

20220304_180429.thumb.jpg.2b2ab8411180e9354a3bc4fb94778092.jpg

20220316_143825.thumb.jpg.54524cd481a76e4df21b2662ce93d677.jpg

I would probably have a dozen extra parts left over if I tried this. 

10 minutes ago, VaR1200RT said:

Is there a way to email the hotel.  I tried to look for an email but could not find one.  I am thinking of calling them.  I made my reservation and they gave me a confirmation number and said they would email me but I never received anything from them so I want to check to see if I still have a room reserved.

Thanks

Here you go:

726682018_Screenshot(226)_LI.thumb.jpg.49ba286f2d3eacf9fb7b607241f45443.jpg

44 minutes ago, VaR1200RT said:

Thanks

Funny I had the same issue. I booked my room last October and had called them three times and they tried to send me an email three times and I never received it. I finally just called them and asked them if they would just mail me a copy of my confirmation which they happily did. I thought the issue was on my end since we’ve had an occasional issue which they happily did. I thought the issue was on my end since we’ve had an occasional issue with Road Runner mail with Road Runner mail