IGNORED

START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour) Blairsville, GA April 27 - May 1, 2022

Indy Dave

Just booked at the Creekside! :yes: Wait…what do ya mean that ain’t the place??? :dontknow: Hehe, staying there sun mon tue and riding down to Blairsville on wed morn! :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Just booked at the Creekside! :yes: Wait…what do ya mean that ain’t the place??? :dontknow: Hehe, staying there sun mon tue and riding down to Blairsville on wed morn! :thumbsup:

Pat, make sure you get some video of the mini-truck madness in Maggie while you're there!

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
15 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Awesome Pat! I told you, not so long next time.....for either of us! :)

• Like 3

I know the “map men” :thumbsup: are on it but, I just had a few fun hours mapping a route out of Blairsville! :yes: I really hope I don’t go swimming!!! :eek: :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Well I hope this time to break the Blairsville curse. I'm not sure if I should trailer down or risk the chance that my bike would go both ways without having to be on a tow truck.

IN:4322:

• Like 4

Brand new to the site.  I am looking forward to meeting the group. I will be attending the START ride in the spring. Riding in from northern Ohio. See you all there! 

8438D23B-3790-4087-A4E2-DC8222A4D7A6.jpeg

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Justlearning said:

Brand new to the site.  I am looking forward to meeting the group. I will be attending the START ride in the spring. Riding in from northern Ohio. See you all there! 

Welcome to the asylum.  Nice Photo!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Justlearning said:

welcome.   We can show you how to put the snorkle on that thing for the adventure rides..

:)

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Snorkle?   Trying to get the First Timer to do some water crossings, eh?

Snorkels? :spittake:

Have you seen my new Stich? :dontknow:

image.jpeg.51f2413aa2218033d737540cbd074ecf.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1
Lone_RT_rider

I need a new Stich. Now that my weight is fairly stable after 4 years, it might be time. Of course, the funds are always an issue. My bonus comes the first week in March and this looks to be a rebound year for CAT. I'm thinking it's time. :) 

Oh....sorry to disappoint, but there will not be a Big Bird 2.0.  I'm going to keep the impact zones high viz, but I am still trying to figure out what the primary color will be. 

Shawn

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I need a new Stich. Now that my weight is fairly stable after 4 years, it might be time. Of course, the funds are always an issue. My bonus comes the first week in March and this looks to be a rebound year for CAT. I'm thinking it's time. :) 

Oh....sorry to disappoint, but there will not be a Big Bird 2.0.  I'm going to keep the impact zones high viz, but I am still trying to figure out what the primary color will be. 

Shawn

Not a Stich but could be sufficient enough.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/133082418

4103509275510AneC.JPG

'memba,.....it ain't a fashion show :18:

• Like 1

Currently RECALCULATING.

Have to plan my PTO usage.  I think it's safe to say we're in for Friday-Sunday. Perhaps I can extend later. 

• Like 3
Lone_RT_rider
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

'memba,.....it ain't a fashion show :18:

There's not a damned thing fashionable about a Stich. My last one made it 15 years before it was unserviceable. It works so well, I can't imagine anything being more functional. I already have gear that works "well enough". I miss my Stich. I want another one. 

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

This Benton & Lees? (Right here) Love a good steak almost as much as good Q but that place, is too many fathoms from Blairsville. :grin:

Yep, that's the place.  Four of us went there with a tropical storm coming up from the gulf coast, what could possibly go wrong.?    I then rode in the eye of that shite from Uvalda up to NE Atlanta almost perfectly in the eye of the rain and wind the whole way.   I poured my boots out when I got there.  Good times.   

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, lawnchairboy said:

Yep, that's the place.  Four of us went there with a tropical storm coming up from the gulf coast, what could possibly go wrong.?    I then rode in the eye of that shite from Uvalda up to NE Atlanta almost perfectly in the eye of the rain and wind the whole way.   I poured my boots out when I got there.  Good times.   

I stayed dry in my Stich. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bernie said:

I stayed dry in my Stich. 

Hmm I don't doubt it. I think the hiviz is fine, btw. It denotes a seasoned rider.

Now if only they could make one with some additional gravitational pull....:wave:

• Thinking 1
Lone_RT_rider
14 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

Hmm I don't doubt it. I think the hiviz is fine, btw. It denotes a seasoned rider.

Now if only they could make one with some additional gravitational pull....:wave:

David, I think I had that model.....

Start 2014 Deals Gap.jpg

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
4 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Start 2014 Deals Gap.jpg

Is that Killboy dude still around?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Welp (it's kinda a inside joke)... Bernie didn't get that add on with his Stich. So last September as we were going along our merry way on the back roads of West Virginia, on a road that had a series of dips that were innocent enough looking. However, Bernie went over one and got air, and he exclaimed something over the intercom (once he touched down) in a very high pitched voice. The change in vocal tone and inflection was so unlike anything I've ever heard come out of Bernie's mouth, that I could not stop laughing for at least 5 minutes. I had tears running down my eyes soaking my helmet!

Although I have it on video, Bernie was far enough ahead that you can't tell that he gets air. You can tell it happens because I begin laughing.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I like the combination of gray with the hi impact zones in hi viz.  Are you thinking about the R3 or traditional?  With the unlined R3, you can be more comfortable in warmer rides, and add layers/heat underneath for cold.

• Like 2
Lone_RT_rider
1 hour ago, RandyShields said:

I like the combination of gray with the hi impact zones in hi viz.  Are you thinking about the R3 or traditional?  With the unlined R3, you can be more comfortable in warmer rides, and add layers/heat underneath for cold.

I'm considering black with high viz impact patches. I'm also considering the combination you mentioned as well as the tan with high viz impact patches. I'm still on the fence about the R3. I got to look at Right Spins R3 at one of the ART events, and I remember liking it. I'm just not sure. 

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider
13 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Is that Killboy dude still around?

Yep, and he's expanded to other roads in the area. He's actually helped spring up an entire cottage industry of photogs that make tons of cash catch people from the flyover states crashing their bikes on mountain roads. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

That's priceless.

Miss talking with Raaaan and OldFRT.  

rode with Paul the last time in Pikeville, KY 2007 I believe.  

Saw Raaan the last time at Fontana Lake.

RIP

• Like 2

Regrettably Michelle and I will miss this one.  Work trip the week of April 25th, and the start of our "out west" trip the following week.  Going to check the boxes in Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah.  Cheers!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

In -- Wednesday through Sunday.  It's been a few years since I was able to attend a START or FART. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, S.O.B. said:

Regrettably Michelle and I will miss this one.  Work trip the week of April 25th, and the start of our "out west" trip the following week.  Going to check the boxes in Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah.  Cheers!

Sad and Happy. We will miss you both, but glad you're checking off a few more boxes! Hope to see you both in the Fall.

6 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

In -- Wednesday through Sunday.  It's been a few years since I was able to attend a START or FART. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Great Bill! Happy to have you back!

• Like 1

In!  Wed - Sun.  Hopefully nothing comes up this time.

On a side note, I'm with Dave - bummed that Dan and Michelle won't be there, but I hope they have a stellar trip out West.  I wanted to hear the parrot joke.  Again.  :3:

• Like 3