IGNORED

Just passing on the deal

Rougarou

On 10/23/2022 at 9:42 PM, szurszewski said:

No Hi viz, but lots of sizes in the other colors (black white and silver). 

Read somewhere that white is actually more visible than the hi-viz, so if you can find white, it'll do.

• Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Read somewhere that white is actually more visible than the hi-viz, so if you can find white, it'll do.

I believe that I got the last XL White available, and LG White was gone as well.  Other sizes in white were still available, last I looked. 

Black and Silver were available in all sizes.

FYI.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

I dunno, the goodwill one has the hexcode.co.za on it, while the one you linked does not.

It may be a knockoff,....or may not,.....it is goodwill.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

I dunno, the goodwill one has the hexcode.co.za on it, while the one you linked does not.

It may be a knockoff,....or may not,.....it is goodwill.

Good point.  The first thing I looked at was the color, not using or knowing much about the GS-911 beyond online reputation.   There were no yellow GS-911's on the hex website, so if this is an older model, the only way to check that out (as far as I knew) was to check for used ones on eBay.  No yellow used one's, but plenty of yellow Chinese knockoffs which coincidentally, look exactly like the one on Goodwill (which ...ahhhh.. I guess is the reason they call 'em "knock-offs", duh 🙄😣😁).  If the Goodwill offered device is too old, I'd be concerned whether it's work on my Beemer.

Anyhow, good luck to whoever buys it.  Hope it works well for them.  👍

6 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

The Goodwill one looks exactly like mine...... the fleabay one IS a Chinese knock off.......

Yeah, but then, you just proved the point.  You've got an old, OLD, geriatric Beemer, so it probably works fine with your Camhead.  Probably won't for my Wethead.  🤣🤣🍻

2 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

Wethead

Just update it, it is still supported thru the manufacturer and can handle your newfangled water-buffalo!! :3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, 9Mary7 said:

Just update it, it is still supported thru the manufacturer and can handle your newfangled water-buffalo!! :3:

No, Wetheads use a combo of CANBUS and LINBUS which requires a different GS-911, the red one.

8 hours ago, lkraus said:

No, Wetheads use a combo of CANBUS and LINBUS which requires a different GS-911, the red one.

It took a while to figure out what the hell you were talking about, but I finally found this chart buried on the Hex web site.   Fortunately, Hex doesn't bother to explain anything. 🙄  My guess is that the old GS-911 will communicate and provide some functionality, but not everything the new one does, but that's just a guess.  I imagine one could plug it into a Wethead, and get ~~~ nothing.  $400 for the GS-911 was a pretty steep price, but now I see that they're $800.  Nice.  Good luck, Hex.

GS-911 Function Chart (cross reference)

image.thumb.png.49ad13da0f3914f5be233a89b1a72814.png

2 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

It took a while to figure out what the hell you were talking about, but I finally found this chart buried on the Hex web site.   Fortunately, Hex doesn't bother to explain anything. 🙄  My guess is that the old GS-911 will communicate and provide some functionality, but not everything the new one does, but that's just a guess.  I imagine one could plug it into a Wethead, and get ~~~ nothing.  $400 for the GS-911 was a pretty steep price, but now I see that they're $800.  Nice.  Good luck, Hex.

GS-911 Function Chart (cross reference)

image.thumb.png.49ad13da0f3914f5be233a89b1a72814.png

Get Motoscan and bypass a 911 alltogether.

Works good enough for me.  I previously had it on one of my wife's old samsung phones, but now I have it on a Kindle Fire.

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Get Motoscan and bypass a 911 alltogether.

Works good enough for me.  I previously had it on one of my wife's old samsung phones, but now I have it on a Kindle Fire.

Well, I have a functional OBD2 scanner on my desk that I've used for my Ford car, and I've heard that not all of 'em work well with Motoscan, so all I really need to do is get out the garage, uncover the connector, plug it in, fire up the Samsung phone, and find out what I can find out.   Hmmm, but that's WAY too much effort, much more than just writing about it.  🙄😖🙈    That's still plan A.

3 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

Well, I have a functional OBD2 scanner on my desk that I've used for my Ford car, and I've heard that not all of 'em work well with Motoscan, so all I really need to do is get out the garage, uncover the connector, plug it in, fire up the Samsung phone, and find out what I can find out.   Hmmm, but that's WAY too much effort, much more than just writing about it.  🙄😖🙈    That's still plan A.

This is the one I use  but it seems it has gone up in price,......quite alot.

image.png.175d6c6a92471e730b188e6ab326317d.png

• Plus 1 1
27 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

This is the one I use  but it seems it has gone up in price,......quite alot.

image.png.175d6c6a92471e730b188e6ab326317d.png

Hmmm, apparently the LX version only works with Android and Windows, whereas the MX version (yours) is also iOS compatible.   Of course, that makes the LX version less expensive, at about $90.

So, if my OBD2 fails, this is my "go to" second OBD2 scanner, based on other member's recommendations.  

Just FYI.  (However, if you know of other features the MX has that would justify the higher price, I'd like to know about it.)

image.png.f8e90195dd079ae7ca7af5ece0eb5027.png

10 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

Hmmm, apparently the LX version only works with Android and Windows, whereas the MX version (yours) is also iOS compatible.   Of course, that makes the LX version less expensive, at about $90.

So, if my OBD2 fails, this is my "go to" second OBD2 scanner, based on other member's recommendations.  

I dunno what other scanners Motoscan will work with, but I do know that Motoscan only works with Android

10 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

Just FYI.  (However, if you know of other features the MX has that would justify the higher price, I'd like to know about it.)

Dunno, I reset the stoopid service indicator and have not had a need to go farther than that.

• Like 2
On 10/23/2022 at 5:49 PM, Rougarou said:

Sale's over.  Now they're all $649.  😭

Fortunately, I bought mine, probably seconds before the sale expired.

✝☝

It was great while it lasted. 

(Now, if only Shoei would match Schuberth's price on their Neotech II!  WTH?  Don't they believe in competition?  Don't they believe in CAPITALISM!!?) 😁

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
John Ranalletta

Zumo XT on sale at Garmin and Amazon.  Plus, $20 discount if using Amazon CC.  Don't know if the top unit's 2-year CPS warranty and case is worth $10.

image.thumb.png.c4e60c2bcafefa3ed4ec3f0da7c08ba9.png

• Like 1
3 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Zumo XT on sale at Garmin and Amazon.  Plus, $20 discount if using Amazon CC.  Don't know if the top unit's 2-year CPS warranty and case is worth $10.

image.thumb.png.c4e60c2bcafefa3ed4ec3f0da7c08ba9.png

Yup looks like the  XT is back at $399 at most all outlets 

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, RTinNC said:

Good lord ,,,, even if it fit that does not seem like a bargain 

Half off for Dainese? when Helite is $700:dontknow::dontknow:

6 hours ago, lkraus said:

Sold.

I need to set this thread to "Ignore."

Glad your friendly deal finder found you a deal

I really was not looking for a new jacket, but at that price...

Odd thing is that I was browsing Goodwill last night for another wifi router and did look at the motorcycle stuff. Totally missed this one.

My other jackets still provide solid protection, but are getting pretty faded.

I think it's an older model, maybe 2014-ish. Google isn't finding  a picture that matches the back view. Might be a little slower to inflate than my Turtle vest, but probably more convenient to wear.

Wonder why it was never used?  I'm guessing it belonged to an older rider that had to quit unexpectedly and recently decided it was time to clear out the closet.

2 hours ago, lkraus said:

I really was not looking for a new jacket, but at that price...

Odd thing is that I was browsing Goodwill last night for another wifi router and did look at the motorcycle stuff. Totally missed this one.

Sometimes, the jackets, pants, boots, gloves are only listed in "clothing"

2 hours ago, lkraus said:

My other jackets still provide solid protection, but are getting pretty faded.

I think it's an older model, maybe 2014-ish. Google isn't finding  a picture that matches the back view. Might be a little slower to inflate than my Turtle vest, but probably more convenient to wear.

Wonder why it was never used?  I'm guessing it belonged to an older rider that had to quit unexpectedly and recently decided it was time to clear out the closet.

No idea why many of the new items get turned in and sold by goodwill.  I've gotten three pair of Danner boots, new in boxes and an assortment of other things......well more than half off, many times 3/4 the price of retail stores.  I hit this site as part of my evening wind-down from work----along with other deal sites and auction/estate sale sites.

I picked up the 4yo grandson a glide bike new, in the box WITH the pedal conversion kit for $22, plus $15 shipping.  $100 bike WITHOUT the pedal conversion kit.  He's having a blast with it.

I've got a few things I'm watching that appear to be new in the box.

These boots are listed in clothing,.....just like your jacket was.  New with tags!!

c90835b4-9c33-452d-80c3-db24a8d25ef5tonm_01311.jpg

Those boots are my size!  Count yourself lucky I don't need boots!

I've learned not to browse sales sites unless I'm actively in need of a particular item. It's too tempting to take advantage of a good deal on something I don't really need. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

This may not be news to anyone who actually RIDES his motorcycle, but just in case ....

Michelin Spring Motorcycle Tire sale

$60 back (VISA card) on a new set of tires

AND .... cyclegear has a close out on Michelin Road GT 5's

Considering I put about 300 miles on my "brand new to me" 2018 R1200RT, I'm gonna be hopelessly optimistic that I'll at least DOUBLE that this year, and will just wear out the Dunlop's that came on the bike.

Might buy a set.  Will buy a set.  Will think about buying a set.  Will think about riding my Beemer ....

... so many things to think about.  :cry:

:5188:

(Then on second thought, CycleGear apparently won't apply the "RPM" membership discount to the tires, plus I also have a credit, which will also not be applied, so .... more reasons to dither about the decision. 🙄 Sleep on it.)

With just a quick search I found the Michelin Road GT 6 available for less than the Cycle gear closeout prices on the 5's. Might even be some better deals out there. These prices were at American Moto Tire with free shipping.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Shane J. said:

With just a quick search I found the Michelin Road GT 6 available for less than the Cycle gear closeout prices on the 5's. Might even be some better deals out there. These prices were at American Moto Tire with free shipping.

Just checked; their shipping is free, too.

Plus, they're closing out their 5 GT's, too, at prices substantially lower than cyclegear (-$35 for front, -$40 for the rear).   $431 for the set, which is WAY more than I paid for my last set of bike tires, circa 2014, but probably a pretty good deal in 2023.  😁

Brodiepunker18

MotoBatt MB51814 (12V 22 Amp) 260CCA Factory Activated QuadFlex AGM Battery

https://a.co/d/dMRSaRD

if anyone needs a battery…84 bucks plus shipping on Amazon. 

I just bought one because I needed to replace mine.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...