IGNORED

Just passing on the deal

Rougarou

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 2:34 PM, Chris K said:

If anyone has been looking for a new GPS, motorcyclegear.com has the Garmin Zumo XT at $100 off, now $ 399.99

Link HERE

Looks like it's over (back up to $499).

Sierra BMW is out of the Zumo XT.  I kinda doubt Garmin will send them more at the discount price.  Maybe they'll offer to keep my $400 just to help take my mind off missing the deal.

From Sierra today:

Hello William,

Thank you for your order. Due to the high volume of orders we have sold out of the Garmin Zumo GPS. We are waiting for more to come in which should be in the next 3-4 weeks. As soon as more is in stock we will complete your order and email you tracking information.

Thank you,

Travis Walters
11 hours ago, Lowndes said:

Sierra BMW is out of the Zumo XT.  I kinda doubt Garmin will send them more at the discount price.  Maybe they'll offer to keep my $400 just to help take my mind off missing the deal.

From Sierra today:

Hello William,

Thank you for your order. Due to the high volume of orders we have sold out of the Garmin Zumo GPS. We are waiting for more to come in which should be in the next 3-4 weeks. As soon as more is in stock we will complete your order and email you tracking information.

Thank you,

Travis Walters

Ouch!!  $50 more at Amazon

• Thanks 1

image.png.ed0215faff79daddbd7877a8acf936fd.png

image.thumb.png.7b3709ce280e70369fcf1057a06d6dfb.png

$169 for a set of tires.  Front via Walmart from Chaparral and Rear at DennisKirk.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2021 at 8:39 PM, Lowndes said:

From Sierra today:

Hello William,

Thank you,

Travis Walters

Sing HALLELUJAH!!

Sierra BMW just came thru!!  The new XT arrived last night, JUST IN TIME for START!!

Props to Sierra.  They honored the promo price even after it had expired and Garmin did not support it.

• Smile 1
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL ... just came here to post the Castrol deal and bam ... already here.  

BUT ... I did bid on the Mosko Moto bags.    I hate this page !! 

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
szurszewski
5 hours ago, RTinNC said:

LOL ... just came here to post the Castrol deal and bam ... already here.  

BUT ... I did bid on the Mosko Moto bags.    I hate this page !! 

Uh oh - we might be bidding against each other...

• Smile 1
szurszewski
4 hours ago, RTinNC said:

:ohboy:

I haven’t actually bid yet and it looks like I won’t - that is the version one setup and can be had on ADV for 500-650. 

it does look clean but the bid is already up around $450 and that’s about the limit of what I’d pay not knowing more about the condition/completeness of the set. 

szurszewski
7 hours ago, RTinNC said:

I did ... looks like $471

Congrats - all the cool ADV kids out here have them (mosko is located not far from here, so a lot of riders in the area “know” the folks) and I’ve never heard anyone complain. 

I’ll just keep soldiering on with my Tusk bags (that I bought a year ago and still have not even mounted...). 

Yep .... I was torn between the Mosko Moto’s and the Zega pros but figured the Zegas better since I am 90% pavement,  but at this price figured I could have both.  Hope they are as nice as they appear.  Figure I can always sell them for what I paid.

RandyShields
1 hour ago, RTinNC said:

Yep .... I was torn between the Mosko Moto’s and the Zega pros but figured the Zegas better since I am 90% pavement,  but at this price figured I could have both.  Hope they are as nice as they appear.  Figure I can always sell them for what I paid.

OK, let's not let disinformation propagate on this site.  "90% pavement" should be edited to read "99.9% pavement."

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

OK, let's not let disinformation propagate on this site.  "90% pavement" should be edited to read "99.9% pavement."

Easy there Mr. "new RT owner" ... after my recent BMW Performance Center training day I am now certified for gravel roads and unpaved parking lots!  HA!  And I have ridden "Hellforcertain" road in KY.   That alone makes up the 10%.   So now I will be on the hunt for Dunkin Donut and Starbucks shops with gravel lots.

14 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

I saw him tiptoe thru a gravel patch in a parking lot once.

3 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

I saw him tiptoe thru a gravel patch in a parking lot once.

See ... there you go!   And that was after my training ... and my tiptoeing was pretty snappy if I do say so myself. :bike:

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

looked like a cat on a hot tin roof to me.

And maybe THAT was the plan :-) 

tykftpnlvva31.jpg&sp=1619993233T8493135f

• Like 1
marcopolo

Klim Kodiak jackets are closeout-priced, as a new (more expensive at $1,300) version has been introduced.  Most retailers are now selling the original version for $699-$720.  However, I discovered Bob's BMW had a few, and are selling them for $499 (they originally sold for $999).  I picked one up in person yesterday.  The Kodiak jacket is one of the few, if not the only, Klim jacket that is Euro sized, and not Klim's standard Sm/MD/L etc.  None of Klim's standard sizes fits me, but this Euro-sized jacket (27) fits me well.  There are matching pants too, also Euro sized.

• Like 1
szurszewski
5 hours ago, Stir said:

How do they attach?

M

image.png.a0f9c1de7699cb50bcd1cdaba2c98357.png

The "plates" in this pic (foreground) attach to a rack on the bike  via those silver clamps, and then the hard back of the bags clip to those plates. There's a quick release wire pull to release. Makes it so you can easily take a bag off to carry away from the bike/load inside/whatever. 

• Like 1
szurszewski
5 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I know people like these, so if you gots the itty bitty hands.

Held Gloves

62030225145616ksll.JPG

I have itty bitty hands...but one of you guys is probably just going to come along and snipe them on me...

• Smile 1
RandyShields
21 hours ago, marcopolo said:

None of Klim's standard sizes fits me, but this Euro-sized jacket (27) fits me well.  There are matching pants too, also Euro sized.

+1.  I love the quality and material of Klim's gear but, like you, their regular sizing does not fit me, even though I can wear off the rack M or L sizes from other manufacturers.  Klim gloves run small.  The sleeves on the Med jackets are perfect, but they are too tight around the torso.  The Large is a little big around the torso but the sleeves too long.  European sizes should be the ticket.  Thanks.  

12 hours ago, Stir said:

How do they attach?

M

The attachment is really slick and once you mount the Mosko racks onto your racks (they fit a lot of the most common racks such as the BMW adventure racks and Touratech racks) the bags just slip on and off with a very solid mount.  One button releases them.  Really well designed soft bags.   Even for pavement riders they make popping of the luggage for transporting into hotel rooms a snap. 

On 5/7/2021 at 10:25 AM, Rougarou said:

Who shall be the first to get a sneaker

15-300x300.png

I just ordered four.  We installed new deeper pile carpet and one of our chairs now sinks in so deep the sitting position is off from optimum.  I'm gonna try these to see if the chair will ride back at near it's pervious level.  Their web site is very sub optimum as far as information and navigability.  The only payment option is PayPal, of which I am not a big fan.

• Smile 1
On 5/6/2021 at 12:34 AM, szurszewski said:

I have itty bitty hands...but one of you guys is probably just going to come along and snipe them on me...

Did you bid,.....they went for $16!!!!

szurszewski
42 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Did you bid,.....they went for $16!!!!

I did, but got distracted and missed out in the last bit :(

4 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

I did, but got distracted and missed out in the last bit :(

Ouch,.....I just always put the highest I'm  willing to pay and let it ride

• Thanks 1
szurszewski
3 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Ouch,.....I just always put the highest I'm  willing to pay and let it ride