IGNORED

Just passing on the deal

Rougarou

Sorry, I've gotta hijack Richard's used KLIM thread for a minute.

While in Cedar Key over the weekend a lady walking her dog said, "I ride a motorcycle, too."  After a bit of conversation, it was her late husband's, purchased new in '80 from Cycle Specialties of Athens, GA, has not run in 10 +/- years, stored inside, looks kinda rough 'round the edges but not as bad as the old Triumph behind it.  She said no one in her family was interested but she wanted to get rid if it.  I thought about it for a while but just can't do it.  Anyone interested??  "Just passing on the deal".

image.png.6961eacd7cebf0e45f8f220ef00ad86e.png

image.png.21bbaf948fb8ec224fdf555eec3c3840.png

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I cannot believe that someone just donated 'em to Goodwill.  Good for the charity, though.  I'm assuming that they're going to sell for a whole lot more than  $23.00.

Heck, at that price, it almost makes sense to BUY a GS just to use with the cases.  (I dunno, for a moment, it seemed like an argument that might make sense to my wife, IF I can ply her with Margaritas first. 🤣)

szurszewski
7 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Woohoo, somebody may just score on some GS Cases

495a6005-a55b-4e48-a635-8a804157a83atson_06066.png

Would you believe my left case came off this morning on my way to work? Fortunately it was only carrying soda for the office fridge, but still no fun. I did manage to find it after work (latch still locked, so not sure what made it come off), but I think it may be due for replacement. 

If any of you all are thinking of bidding, maybe shoot me pm so we aren't bidding against each other - and if anyone just needs a RIGHT case, we could make such deal ;)

IMG_5135X.thumb.jpg.6cf0dfb12c6684bfd59c073fe2edceb6.jpgIMG_5139D.thumb.jpg.92f144dd33015662ae3b68feeb7a4f78.jpg

• Plus 1 1

Looks like it survived the tumble pretty well. :thumbsup: I’d like to have them but would need the racks also so no competitive bidding here, good luck with your bid! Watch out for the last second sniper! :ohboy:

• Like 1
On 6/7/2022 at 12:27 AM, szurszewski said:

Would you believe my left case came off this morning on my way to work? Fortunately it was only carrying soda for the office fridge, but still no fun. I did manage to find it after work (latch still locked, so not sure what made it come off), but I think it may be due for replacement. 

If any of you all are thinking of bidding, maybe shoot me pm so we aren't bidding against each other - and if anyone just needs a RIGHT case, we could make such deal ;)

IMG_5135X.thumb.jpg.6cf0dfb12c6684bfd59c073fe2edceb6.jpgIMG_5139D.thumb.jpg.92f144dd33015662ae3b68feeb7a4f78.jpg

Just a few hours left and bid is only $168,......watch for the snipers at the end!!!

szurszewski
6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Just a few hours left and bid is only $168,......watch for the snipers at the end!!!

Thanks for the reminder. I’ve got it open in a tab on my phone (the only open tab) but I was thinking it ended tomorrow night. I suspect I’ll still be out bit, but I’m going to try….

8 hours ago, Rougarou said:

New with tags!!

WOW!   I want it, and I don't even need it!  I just installed my bag, not BMW one, but a Hepco & Becker magnetic mount job, which is probably easier to use.  

But heck, that bag on Goodwill is the deal of the century, for anyone without.   For the record, folks this bag fits a 2014-2018 Wethead RT.  Looks like this, mounted, and runs $318.00 new.

image.png.21a7fce2b729a92cdb2d97783fbc66e5.png

8 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Looks like Scotty is discovering goodwill,......a not so hidden secret :4323:

My wife knows all about it.  She goes in and shops, and I stay in the car and sleep.   It kinda works out, since she just looks and never (well, rarely) buys, and she gets the female shopping bug out of her system before she goes to the REAL $tores. 🤣

I haven't considered looking at online thrift stores, though.

Someone posted this tip on the BMWLT.COM site - Zumo XT for $400!  (Eight left in stock as of this writing)

Garmin Zumo XT, All-Terrain Motorcycle GPS Navigation, 5.5-in Ultrabright and Rain-Resistant Display with Wearable4U Power Pack Bundle

I paid that price last November (black Friday sale), without the Wearable4U thingy, whatever that is.  But for Wethead RT owners, this GPS plus the E-nav XT RT mount plate is about as close to OEM/NAV6 as one can get, for about $500 (i.e. I think the E-nav plate ran about $100 with shipping from Italy and Euro-to-USD conversions).  The Zumo snaps in and out of the BMW caddy, and powers up, just like the NAV6, but you lose the wonderwheel GPS functions.

• 1 month later...

I don't know anything about this company, or the quality of their products, other than I'm pretty sure I know which country they were made in. 🙄

I was looking for something to use to get 40' up the side of my house safely :cry:, and came across a set of baker scaffolding, including outriggers, railing, everything one would need to go .... well, only 18', but hey, for $650, it was a smokin' hot deal.   So, I also found motorcycle lifts (800 lbs & 1000lbs), and a portable canopy, for some decent prices (assuming they don't nick the heck out of you on shipping).

For what it's worth:

https://buildmastertools.com/product/motorcycle-lift-table-800-lbs/

https://buildmastertools.com/product/motorcycle-lift-table-1000-lbs/

https://buildmastertools.com/product/portable-motorcycle-canopy-storage-tent-shed-cover-garage-5x10/

The $325, 1000 lb lift looks suspiciously like Harbor Freights $650.  The 800 lb lift is under $200, and should work for my Beemer, uhhh, assuming I never climb on board while the bike's on it too.

10 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

I don't know anything about this company, or the quality of their products, other than I'm pretty sure I know which country they were made in. 🙄

I was looking for something to use to get 40' up the side of my house safely :cry:, and came across a set of baker scaffolding, including outriggers, railing, everything one would need to go .... well, only 18', but hey, for $650, it was a smokin' hot deal.   So, I also found motorcycle lifts (800 lbs & 1000lbs), and a portable canopy, for some decent prices (assuming they don't nick the heck out of you on shipping).

For what it's worth:

https://buildmastertools.com/product/motorcycle-lift-table-800-lbs/

https://buildmastertools.com/product/motorcycle-lift-table-1000-lbs/

https://buildmastertools.com/product/portable-motorcycle-canopy-storage-tent-shed-cover-garage-5x10/

The $325, 1000 lb lift looks suspiciously like Harbor Freights $650.  The 800 lb lift is under $200, and should work for my Beemer, uhhh, assuming I never climb on board while the bike's on it too.

I would be cautious. Better Business Bureau describes them as an "Online Retailer in Long Beach, CA.", but the web site does not let you order online?  Their Ebay satisfaction rating is 90% which is really a little low when most Ebay retailers aim for 99+%.  Reviews on Ebay and Yelp suggest that shipping and returns may be a problem.

Still, it might be interesting to get a shipping quote.

I have the HF 1000# lift, I would not be comfortable using an 800# lift for my RT.

The HF lift is available for $500 pretty often, watch here for coupons: https://www.harborfreight.com/coupons

• Like 1

I have 4 of the Stockton kits. One for each car, one for the boat, and one for the bike. I augment the bike with some additional tools.   Not great tools but good enough for side of the road. 

Well, this is only indirectly motorcycle related (i.e., if you get your yard work done quicker, then you get to ride that much quicker 🤣🤣).

I just picked up this 20 AMP, battery operated Craftsman combo blower/edger for $89.00 at Lowes ($99.00, less military/first responder's 10% discount).   The advertisement indicates that the blower is 200 CFM, but the box says it's the larger model (and it appears to be, too), 340 CFM.  The edger is a one string job, pretty minimal with cutting and probably power, but the price is right.

I've been looking for a battery operated blower for a while now, and these things are always $250-$300 at Costco (probably better quality), and I can't justify that for the little bit of driveway and walkway I have.  $89.00??  Hey, I can sneak that by the wife and she'll think it's for trash bags or something.  🙃😁

CRAFTSMAN 20-volt Max 200-CFM 90-MPH Handheld Cordless Electric Leaf Blower 2 Ah (Battery & Charger Included)

image.png.c8529f9bece85d6a75bcd6a71349837f.png

• Like 1

If anyone finds a deal on a chainsaw let me know. I need to do some trimming, thinning and cleaning up around the house this fall. Probably gas. :dontknow:

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

If anyone finds a deal on a chainsaw let me know. I need to do some trimming, thinning and cleaning up around the house this fall. Probably gas. :dontknow:

A coworker bought a battery powered chainsaw, not sure of the brand, maybe Stihl, he loves it. Uses it for 80% of his needs, 20 acres and a lot of trees. Only pulls out the larger gasser for the big trunks.

Just throwing it out there for you depending on your needs.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Just fork out for a little Stihl MS180, well worth the money and not expensive in the big scheme of things.

• Thanks 1

I have Stihl 180. Great time saw. I bought a harbor freight $35 electric saw earlier this year to cut down some very large palm trees that died. I expected it would crap out. Well it cut the hell out of those trees and many more and is still going. It has an Oregon chain. Best $35 I’ve spent in a long time

• Thanks 1
John Ranalletta
25 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

A coworker bought a battery powered chainsaw, not sure of the brand, maybe Stihl, he loves it. Uses it for 80% of his needs, 20 acres and a lot of trees. Only pulls out the larger gasser for the big trunks.

Just throwing it out there for you depending on your needs.

Local discount shop had the Makita for $80.  BIL bought 3 - one for himself and one each for his daughters.  He has 15 acres and keeps it in a scabbard on his Kubota.  Uses the hell out of it.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

There, fixed it for you......:java:

Wow, you ARE picky.  3 days in 2021 wasn't enough for you?  🙄

https://www.lowesemployees.com/first-responder-discount/

Well, I guess that just validates my decision to go Navy instead of LEO, back when I was a young, ignorant fool of a man.  (Well, I guess I'm still a fool, just an older, less foolish fool. 😏)

28 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

Wow, you ARE picky.  3 days in 2021 wasn't enough for you?  🙄

https://www.lowesemployees.com/first-responder-discount/

Well, I guess that just validates my decision to go Navy instead of LEO, back when I was a young, ignorant fool of a man.  (Well, I guess I'm still a fool, just an older, less foolish fool. 😏)

And Lowe's has those primo Veteran parking spots

Veteran For The Discounts T-Shirt

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
On 9/1/2022 at 5:54 PM, Skywagon said:

I have Stihl 180. Great time saw. I bought a harbor freight $35 electric saw earlier this year to cut down some very large palm trees that died. I expected it would crap out. Well it cut the hell out of those trees and many more and is still going. It has an Oregon chain. Best $35 I’ve spent in a long time

Bought an Ego electric chainsaw last year. Have had really good luck with their leaf blower, weed eater, and my Son has their mower. That saw will buck 16" tree trunks right along side of my 18" gas saw. Won't do a whole tree on one battery, but you could have spares of those. You are ready to quit when it runs out and stack/haul the wood anyway while you charge the battery. Perfect for knocking down limbs. Even more "perfecter" for light trimming around the place where it would take longer to fuel/oil and get the gas saw started!

• Like 1

Was gonna say no, I love living on the edge! :spittake: I’m the only one of my two brothers that hasn’t had a pretty bad chainsaw accident. I should bid!! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Was gonna say no, I love living on the edge! :spittake: I’m the only one of my two brothers that hasn’t had a pretty bad chainsaw accident. I should bid!! :classic_biggrin:

Heck, Pat, that's be a great conversation piece, wearing it around the firehouse.  It's in all the right colors, too.   Ya never can be TOO safe. 🤣🤣😎

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

regular price is $80ish, so look at shipping and goodwill handling for your price points.

I wear ear muffs, but that's about it.

• Like 1

Lucky Charms?  🤷‍♂️ A Horseshoe up my… ? oh never mind. :classic_biggrin:

So, I needed a saw, guess what comes up in a local raffle, yup you guessed it, a chainsaw. An $8.00 chance and I now have this on its way.

image.jpeg.cb2906f2ba1220b8d2705213b8446904.jpeg

image.jpeg.c7cd257e7ddc33a7a81ae3cb7b2fe80a.jpeg

Not the exact one I wanted but my tree cutting retired Lt. said he had one for years and it was a good saw.

• Like 2

You don't need much chain saw to cut most trees, branches, etc.   That 14" should do ya fine. 

Congrats (ya braggart!! How are WE all supposed to get in on YOUR deal🙄).

🍻

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Something tells me it was rigged. We all know how shady those firefighters can be   :facepalm:

Honestly, that was my first thought, but I just couldn't put it into words, 'cause we all know how sensitive Pat can be.  🤣🤣

You done .. perfect! 👍

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rougarou said:

You know you need it, or two, or three.

Harbor Freight: 10-Piece 10mm Pittsburgh Metric Essential Socket Set $17

image.png.80db3551a12907851dd000a0520e1f6c.png

Picked up something just like that at a yard sale this past month.  Sellers had sockets bagged by size and I got a set of 10mm, 11mm 12mm and 14mm for a buck a bag.  I've got two of everything else so given how rarely I use those sizes, I'm OK.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...