IGNORED

Fall Blue Ridge Rendezvous! Who's in?

Lone_RT_rider

Hey Matt, do you have Friday Brats plans? They are always great and appreciated! :grin:

Or are there any other Friday pm plans?

Brats are still up in the air, Shawn and I are trying to decide if we want to do them. It's a fair amount of work for a little return to the board but it is a great social time.

Right now, we're thinking of just getting together at a local eatery and helping to stimulate the economy of Maggie Valley.

I'll put up a survey to run until Monday...

Anybody from the Tallahassee area heading up there? My wife and I are leaving on Thursday in the AM.

Yes, but Thurday night after work.

Wave when we pass you...

:wave:

I have also come across roads that Google maps or MapSource shows crossing rivers but don't, so there's only one way to find out :clap:

Your sacrifice is well noted. :grin: It looks like it's only 12 miles but I think I've read that Wayah Rd is worthy also so it might all work out!

Bill's description was accurate, he knows the FS/dirt in the area better than I do.

The south end is smoother, but it never gets too rough. The river is there, but there aren't many great vistas because the vegetation is still pretty thick.

You'll need to quickly switch to "Street Riding Mode" when you hit Wayah. About 1/3 of the right handers had gravel kicked into the center of the lane.

FYI 215 (Parkway Road) has brand new smooth asphalt from the BRP heading south :clap:

FYI 215 (Parkway Road) has brand new smooth asphalt from the BRP heading south :clap:

Nice! Do you know the condition of 215 on the north side of the BRP? Last time I rode it (quite a few years ago) it had just been chip sealed, and there was a lot of loose gravel.

Nice! Do you know the condition of 215 on the north side of the BRP? Last time I rode it (quite a few years ago) it had just been chip sealed, and there was a lot of loose gravel.

The signs for roadwork on 215 were in both directions from the BRP and the north side needed it as badly as the south, so I suppose it has been or will be done as well, but I didn't ride it on this trip.

There seem to be alot of roads getting work done right now between the summer tourist season and the colder weather to come.

Nice n Easy Rider
There seem to be alot of roads getting work done right now between the summer tourist season and the colder weather to come.

...and the need to spend those stimulus funds before the government goes broke! ;)

...and the need to spend those stimulus funds before the government goes broke! ;)

Yes, I thought about that too.

I saw just as much work going on in north GA as well.

In both states, some were new asphalt and some were chip seal, so pay attention to roads you think you know, it may have changed since you were there last.

Guys, I am out. My 9-year old son's scout troop announced their Fall camp-out the weekend of BRR. Given the choice of riding with my buddies or spending the weekend with my son, the choice is obvious.

See you all in the spring.

Andy

It's killing me, I gotta go and pack or something.

Load the bikes

Pack again because I have too much.

Nope, I'm not looking forward to this trip at all....

I think the clock is slow.!

It's killing me, I gotta go and pack or something.

Load the bikes

Pack again because I have too much.

Nope, I'm not looking forward to this trip at all....

I think the clock is slow.!

Quit reminding me, I am chomping at the bit already. The weather is going to be cool and dry and I can't wait.

95% we'll be ala cage since my eye is still out of commission, but I still share the sentiment.

Plan is to still leave Friday morning and see y'all for nonBratsus

conclave.

On the road again..I just can't wait to be on the road again, the life I love is making rev'n noises.. with my friends, I can't wait to be on that road again....

Agreed! Not that I'm any better most days. :dopeslap:

I'm just glad there's somebody still around for me to go ride with by the time I drag my sorry butt downstairs for breakfast! :grin:

95% we'll be ala cage since my eye is still out of commission, but I still share the sentiment.

Plan is to still leave Friday morning and see y'all for nonBratsus

conclave.

I call shotgun for the trip to/from wherever we all go from the hotel!! ;)

Given the choice of riding with my buddies or spending the weekend with my son, the choice is obvious.

Andy

So we will see you that weekend! Great!

i have to work on Friday (darn accounting job) and on Saturday I am officiating a volleyball match at 7:30pm in Gainsville. I think I will ride up to maggie valley after the match and ride home sunday. sorry I will miss everyone.

Debbie can't make the BRR, so I am canceled the room we had. If anyone needs a room there is one available. I am coming to the BRR and I will be rooming with Ltljohn.

Alan

Due to unforeseen circumstances I regret to announce I'm out. :( My room reservation has been canceled. I'm quite disappointed but I'll try and catch everyone next time!

Due to unforeseen circumstances I regret to announce I'm out. :( My room reservation has been canceled. I'm quite disappointed but I'll try and catch everyone next time!

Man, I was looking forward to seeing you :cry: Hope everything is okay.

I will be heading south from Quakertown, PA on Wednesday morning, I will be heading to Bedford VA to visit with an old shipmate I have not seen in 20 or so years.

I will be leaving Bedford VA Thursday morning heading to Maggie Valley. If anyone is heading in the same direction and would like to tag along (or let me tag along) Please PM me so we can make plans.

See you all at the BRR.

I will be returning Sunday morning and slabbing it back home and would appreciate any company for that ride too.

I am leaving Atlanta area on thursday morning and was wondering if anyone wants to ride together or if there are any plans to meet for a lunch in Tellico like last time?

Not that I know of Dave, I'll be in Wednesday and a couple of us are talking about riding over toward Cades Cove Thursday to get dirty coming back to the hotel...

I am leaving Atlanta area on thursday morning and was wondering if anyone wants to ride together or if there are any plans to meet for a lunch in Tellico like last time?

Tara and I are leaving on Thursday. PM me and I can give you #

Tara and I are leaving on Thursday. PM me and I can give you #

There's some talk of a Friday lunch in Tellico...

Dave,

I just booked my room this morning, so I'm a little late to the party planning. If you're still looking for a riding companion for Thursday, let me know.

My plan is to ride from Birmingham to Alpharetta after work tomorrow evening and spend the night with family there. So I'll be heading north from there Thursday morning. Haven't had time to plan routes, or even look at a map yet, so I'm up for whatever. Email or call me if so. See you soon.

If there are any other late-comers to this gig, and someone needs a bed, I have two doubles and don't think I need both.

Please email me if interested. Will be there Thursday through Sunday.

I plan on leaving the Kennesaw area at around 10:00am., that would put me in Tellico at around noon. We could meet somewhere at the Bells Ferry exit off of I-575 for the ride up.

Dave,

I just booked my room this morning, so I'm a little late to the party planning. If you're still looking for a riding companion for Thursday, let me know.

My plan is to ride from Birmingham to Alpharetta after work tomorrow evening and spend the night with family there. So I'll be heading north from there Thursday morning. Haven't had time to plan routes, or even look at a map yet, so I'm up for whatever. Email or call me if so. See you soon.

I'm meeting Ken Insley early in the morning, and following his lead. I think the route we're taking does have us going through Tellico to the Cherohala, but beyond that, I'm following.

PM or email me your cell #, and I'll call you in the morning if we can time it right. If not, we'll see you at the Inn.

Now, I'm over an hour late leaving, so computer's going off and so am I...Cheers!

I'm IN, but I'll be there for the fun and not the nights. My wife's best friend from grade school lives on a mountian overlooking the Valley. We'll stay up there and be around for the festivities....Short hop down from Bristol.

Terri & I got to our B&B in Waynesville last night. Rode up 276 to the BRP and then north to engage in some motorhikeling around Craggy. Rained almost the entire way back down the BRP to 74/23. Arrived a little cold and wet but the Jacuzzi and some wine fixed that.

About to meet up with Matt for dinner.

Terri & I got to our B&B in Waynesville last night. Rode up 276 to the BRP and then north to engage in some motorhikeling around Craggy. Rained almost the entire way back down the BRP to 74/23. Arrived a little cold and wet but the Jacuzzi and some wine fixed that.

Other than the rain part, I would swear you're rubbing it in that you're there already :thumbsup:

Anybody heading down from the North East (or anywhere else that is being touched by this storm)........take your time, ride safe, and seriously consider staying off the roads till you see a break in the weather. This mornings drive into work was super knarly. At 5:30am there were already 4-5 cars that had hydro planed into the ditch, water laying everywhere, and visibility was basicaly 0 at some points.

You all be safe, have fun, and I have my fingers crossed for a brief appearance on Saturday evening.

Other than the rain part, I would swear you're rubbing it in that you're there already :thumbsup:

Nah! Not rubbing it in. Just happy we got down here before the storm. If we had left any later we would have had to cancel. I'm pretty sure my neighborhood is flooded right about now. My neighbor is going to let me know tomorrow if my garage/studio/motorcycle hangar (i.e., man-cave) gets flooded tonight. I'm sure the neighborhood is already under a foot or two of water right now. Sheesh!

But yeah! We're pretty damned happy to be here already anyway!

Checking out of the B&B tomorrow morning, heading over to MVI to go ride for a while, then packing back up to head out to check into the cabin we leased out near Fontana. We won't be back to MVI Fri night. Sat we're gonna ride with a couple folks and then drive the truck back to MVI for the dinner and to see more folks before heading back to the cabin. Overall, a rather short BRR for us this time. But we're here - and enjoying ourselves thoroughly!

Looking forward to seeing everyone Sat night.

Archived