IGNORED

Fall Blue Ridge Rendezvous! Who's in?

Lone_RT_rider

:thumbsup:

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=5174&filename=in.jpg

Who knew when I snapped this picture that it would get so much mileage?! (Actually, who knew I would live after taking that picture as Mitch and Ron look like they aren't so pleased by the flash!)

Shawn, what number is this for the BRR? Is this technically BRR VI?

Nice n Easy Rider
Just made my reservations with Heather, and I am looking forward to my first BMWST event.

Someone did tell Glenn that the new guy buys the first round, right? :grin:

Just made my reservations with Heather, and I am looking forward to my first BMWST event.

This was mentioned in the earlier thread about my becoming member number 20,000. I answered that this was fine with me, and invited everyone to my house that evening for free beer.

Nobody showed up, so now I don't know what to think.

Nice n Easy Rider

This was mentioned in the earlier thread about my becoming member number 20,000. I answered that this was fine with me, and invited everyone to my house that evening for free beer.

Since you made the offer I guess you're off the hook. :) Looking forward to meeting you in Maggie Valley.

Looking forward to meeting you in Maggie Valley.

What he said!

This should be a great gathering, lots of good folks coming in for it.

Since you made the offer I guess you're off the hook. :) Looking forward to meeting you in Maggie Valley.

We might have a small problem here, as I went to NC State, and I see in your details that you live in Chapel Hill. (Back then, we used to be rivals...)

...maybe...

Hey! That's my line. :grin: Considering I have it on good authority from a UF alum that Bama/Gator tickets will likely be in the four to six hundred dollar range each.

We'll see.

I just got back from the orthopedist, who said I am cleared to ride. All the bones in my right foot have healed properly, and now it's a matter of exercising my foot muscles and stretching tendons in order to work toward a normal gait. Just for the heck of it, I slipped a riding boot on; it's still a little tight, but wearable.

Since it's been hellaciously hot in Georgia all summer, I am not motivated to ride in this weather, and I am sticking with my plan to throw a leg over a saddle on September 4. Barring unforeseen difficulties, I think I'll be in shape to ride to Maggie Valley at the beginning of October.

Paul Mihalka
I just got back from the orthopedist, who said I am cleared to ride. All the bones in my right foot have healed properly, and now it's a matter of exercising my foot muscles and stretching tendons in order to work toward a normal gait. Just for the heck of it, I slipped a riding boot on; it's still a little tight, but wearable.

Since it's been hellaciously hot in Georgia all summer, I am not motivated to ride in this weather, and I am sticking with my plan to throw a leg over a saddle on September 4. Barring unforeseen difficulties, I think I'll be in shape to ride to Maggie Valley at the beginning of October.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just got back from the orthopedist, who said I am cleared to ride. .....I am sticking with my plan to throw a leg over a saddle on September 4. .....Barring unforeseen difficulties, I think I'll be in shape to ride to Maggie Valley at the beginning of October.

You'll be ready! Looking forward to riding with you again. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not to hijack, no I want to hijack - Paul how are you doing?

You'll be ready! Looking forward to riding with you again. :thumbsup:

Aside from being rusty and paranoid about hurting myself, I'll probably be riding with my wife as pillion, so I expect to be staying in the slow lane. I damned sure won't be trying to keep up with Chris Kinney. :)

Lone_RT_rider
Aside from being rusty and paranoid about hurting myself, I'll probably be riding with my wife as pillion, so I expect to be staying in the slow lane. I damned sure won't be trying to keep up with Chris Kinney. :)

Selden, with as little as I have been riding this year, there is a good chance I will be asking if I can ride sweep just so I don't over do it. :eek::dopeslap:

Paul Mihalka

"Not to hijack, no I want to hijack - Paul how are you doing?"

Comparatively OK. On the bad foot just wearing a rigid soled sneaker. Walking, mostly without a cane, driving. Next doctor's visit/X-ray check in a week. We'll see. Hope to ride soon. /hijack

Good to hear Paul.

Gonna miss this one; will be heading west that weekend. You guys let me know if you find some good bbq.

Bill

Good day to all, I am planning on coming up Friday night and leaving Sunday - does anyone need a room share for Friday and Saturday night? I promise to leave the tiolet seat up or down...whichever is better for you!

thanks, Dan

d_kitzes@yahoo.com

Well if our GSA's will make it, we should be there.

They will make it! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures and on the road repairs!

This should be a great gathering, lots of good folks coming in for it.

I'm currently working it out to be IN! So you might have to re-phrase that part about "good folks." :grin:

Ready For this...........IN...SO IN....Reservations made for Wednesday Night arrival.....Now I have to make up my mind on which bike to ride......tough to do.......

Nice n Easy Rider

Result of one of the side-trips at last fall's BRR:

I only have a few more years to wait! :(

Dear Ambassador,

You will be happy to know that your barrel has now settled into one of our

warehouses. It will rest comfortably for several years at the top of the

warehouse, where all new barrels start, until it is rotated down to a lower,

cooler floor. Here it will stay for another several years. This rotation

is a very important part of the bourbon-making process. To learn more

about your barrel, click here

http://www.makersmark.com/Embassy/Warehouse/

I will continue to send you updates on how your barrel is doing as it ages.

Be patient, I promise it is worth the wait.

Sincerely,

Bill Samuels, Jr

President & Ambassador-At-Large

Lone_RT_rider
Ready For this...........IN...SO IN....Reservations made for Wednesday Night arrival.....Now I have to make up my mind on which bike to ride......tough to do.......

Very cool Bill! If you help me get the GL1000 running, you can take it to BRR. :)

648638091_AELnW-L.jpg

Very cool Bill! If you help me get the GL1000 running, you can take it to BRR.

Yea....Matt told me you were having a problem with it.... He said you had spark and fuel...Will it try and turn over? I believe that age bike has carbs..right?....If trys to turn over but won't start...the carb/carb maybe full of crap and may need a good cleaning this new fuel is terrible on older bikes...Timing maybe out of adjustment...I am not real familiar with the Gold Wing...to much bike for me...

:grin:

You have a beauty there though.... :thumbsup:

Nice n Easy Rider

Matt, I'm also on that same barrel as are Shannon and Tina and several others. looks like there will definitely be an opportunity for a reunion at the distillery sometime in the future. :)

Matt, I'm also on that same barrel as are Shannon and Tina and several others. looks like there will definitely be an opportunity for a reunion at the distillery sometime in the future. :)

That'd be awesome!

It's been a really long time since we've been around, but Jerry and I are IN for the Fall BRR!!!!

Reservations made and we are looking forward to seeing everyone!

:clap::clap:

It's been a really long time since we've been around, but Jerry and I are IN for the Fall BRR!!!!

Reservations made and we are looking forward to seeing everyone!

:clap::clap:

Yes, I noticed your absence the past few gatherings...good to have you back :clap: .

Archived