IGNORED

Fall Blue Ridge Rendezvous! Who's in?

Lone_RT_rider

After riding back to Atlanta on the HawkGT Sunday, I have gone from tentatively in to definitely in. My biggest concern was whether or not my foot would hold up on long rides, and it turns out that, sleeping is the only time I notice the foot less than when riding. Four weeks to get back into form.

I called Maggie Valley Inn and made reservations Sept 30 - Oct 3 yesterday. The odometer on the RT shows a pitiful 380 miles since mounting fresh tires last Halloween, so I'm really looking forward to BRR this year.

Paul Mihalka
After riding back to Atlanta on the HawkGT Sunday, I have gone from tentatively in to definitely in. My biggest concern was whether or not my foot would hold up on long rides, and it turns out that, sleeping is the only time I notice the foot less than when riding. Four weeks to get back into form.

I called Maggie Valley Inn and made reservations Sept 30 - Oct 3 yesterday. The odometer on the RT shows a pitiful 380 miles since mounting fresh tires last Halloween, so I'm really looking forward to BRR this year.

:thumbsup: Just let's make sure we don't follow Bob's GPS to "road ends in water 700 ft" :grin:

Reservation Made ... arriving Friday. Can't wait to see everybody and collect all my hugs!!

Can't wait to see you, Shannon! It's been too long!

BTW, I put a bug in Stretchwife's ear...she said "maybe"...

You'll find out smarty pants!

Good to hear from you Steve, you going to be out getting dirty on Dr. Z any time soon? I am dragging my DR650 up along with the GS and am going to do some dirt while up there.

Planning on riding the GS up, a "taste" of the trail would be good. Nothing too serious off road tho; too many nice twisties to explore. We'll talk! :grin:

Sweet! I'll have mine too, I know some guys who know some places...

Looks like I'm going to have to call myself out for this one :cry:. I just have too many irons in the fire this fall. Between about 5 ongoing home improvement/repair projects, being in the middle of refinancing the house, and planning a wedding for 2 weeks after the BRR......I just can't justify the trip.

You all have fun, be safe, and I'll see ya in the spring. :thumbsup:

So much for the strippers on the tiki bar Saturday night... Thanks Keith..:dopeslap:

We'll miss you my friend, but I know how it goes. Hopefully you can bring Mrs. Chicken to spring BRR!

Looks like I'm going to have to call myself out for this one :cry:.

I just have too many irons in the fire this fall.

Between about 5 ongoing home improvement/repair projects,

Duct tape and vizqueen

being in the middle of refinancing the house,

Wait, rates are dropping

and planning a wedding for 2 weeks after the BRR......

show up, say "I do"

I just can't justify the trip.

Who are you and what have you done with the rubber chicken?

You all have fun, be safe,

:thumbsup:

We will

and I'll see ya in the spring.

not is I see you first

Won't be the same without you.

Any chance D can carrry the torch while you fix the house?

:grin:

Yeah.....sorry guys, I was looking forward to it. I even had the OK from the boss's (at home and work). I'm kinda bummed, but I honestly just don't think its the right thing to do right now. We have too many other things going on that need my undivided attention.

I know a road like this in N-AL, except some one stole the sign that the road ends.

You come across a rise in the road, and next thing you see that the road disappears into the creek.

Lone_RT_rider
I know a road like this in N-AL, except some one stole the sign that the road ends.

You come across a rise in the road, and next thing you see that the road disappears into the creek.

Knowing you Bernie, you probably found it during your lunch break from work. :/

That must be why they always put me on "hold" to check in someone.

They lay the phone down for about 15 minutes and I get to listen to them work.

:P

I'm gonna use Matt's name next time.

:lurk:

Do that and you'll wind up in the room over the dumpster. Shawn has all the juice with the Inn.

Lone_RT_rider

Do that and you'll wind up in the room over the dumpster. Shawn has all the juice with the Inn.

Except juice for the breakfast bar (cough cough), that seems to be limited. :dopeslap:

Shawn

There are no planned trips per se. People meet at the hotel and gather about to see who's riding where. We'll have some routes together, but no organized group rides.

Come on down and hang out!

Do you have any day trips planned? 2 1/2 hours from home. Like to come down and meet some folks>

Kyle, if you follow this LINK to the BRR registration page and click the Routes button on the left, you can download suggested routes to ride. Now matter what route you decide on I am sure there will be someone in the group going that way.

Looks like I'm going to have to call myself out for this one :cry:. I just have too many irons in the fire this fall. Between about 5 ongoing home improvement/repair projects, being in the middle of refinancing the house, and planning a wedding for 2 weeks after the BRR......I just can't justify the trip.

Damm no tech day in the parking lot this fall.

Lone_RT_rider

I was kind of hoping to bring my TB's from the R1100RT and have some "professional" help from Keith. :) I figured if we needed to flow test them, we had more than enough hot air available. :grin::rofl:

I'm out.

Seems like my daughter wants to celebrate my grandson's 2nd birthday that weekend.

I could not go to the party, if I didn't ever want to see him again.

Perhaps next time.

Lone_RT_rider
After consulting the orb Nancy and I are in! Will be arriving on Friday.

Wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooo! That's awesome. I owe her a few drinks (as per our conversation). :):thumbsup:

Joe Frickin' Friday

Hey, Keith's bike is working fine now anyway. The rest of the oilhead fleet continues to age though, so there's a good chance that someone's bike will crap out while we're down there.

And we will have tools and beer ready when the call comes in. :grin:

Lone_RT_rider
And we will have tools and beer ready when the call comes in. :grin:

(In my best drunk Homer Simpson voice) *BURP* "Ok, who needs a spline lube?"

Lone_RT_rider
I could always bring the RT for a 9pm, 5 beer, valve job again!

Let's clarify this, there were 5 beers but I had 3 whereas Mitch only had 2. :rofl:

Keith,

If I follow you home again will it cost me $134.50 to get through Virginia?

It might, I'm not telling :P

Did you get pulled over again in VA?

My reward was $120 or so....and I was 'in the reckless' :wave:

Archived