IGNORED

Fall Blue Ridge Rendezvous! Who's in?

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

Matt and I are proud to present the Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley!!!!

October 1st – 3rd, 2010

It’s time once again to announce our annual fall BMWST.com get together. We were planning on going back to Dillsboro again for the fall, but a glitch in the hotel reservation system as they were re-establishing their Holiday Inn express franchise has put us in an awkward situation. They HIE reservation system was still taking reservations even though the Dillsboro Inn had blocked the rooms we needed. So, rather than upset their new owners, the staff decided to honor the HIE reservations rather than our room block. This put us in a situation of having to scramble to find something. The Maggie Valley Inn has graciously set us up with a block of rooms to cover us at the 11th hour. So, here we go!

Lodging: Maggie Valley Inn.

http://www.maggievalleyhotel.com/hotel-overview.html

If you call between 8am and 4pm there is a much better chance that you will be able to speak to someone that knows how to take care of group reservations. Also make sure you tell them you are with BMWSportTouring.com so that there won't be any confusion on the group rate.

70 Soco Road

Maggie Valley, NC 28751

(866) 926-0201

Standard Two double beds is $80.00/night plus tax.. Make sure you specify if you will be arriving Wednesday, Thursday or Friday night. You are responsible for making your own reservations.

Meals:

Breakfasts: The Mitch Patrie honorary Complimentary Continental breakfast at the hotel. Remember…it's complimentary!

The Friday evening cookout: We are still discussing if we will be doing the brat grilling or raffling off some “Adult Beverages”. More details to come.

Saturday Group Dinner: We will have 1 group meal Saturday evening. This will be at the hotel in our own private dining area at approximately 21 dollars. Look for plans for this dinner to evolve as we go. As always, we will be doing pay ahead with Pay-Pal for the dinner.

Beverages: There is a lounge in this hotel and of course the wonderful Tiki Hut will be at our disposal in the Pool area!

Attractions: The routes and roads in this area are well known and very famous. The Wheels through time Museum is a couple of miles up the road and of course the scenery in the area is second to none.

There are also a lot of pretty cool things to see within an easy ride of the hotel. There are plenty of state and national parks with some work renowned hiking trails, waterfalls and wildlife observation areas nearby.

Matt and I are really looking forward to seeing all of you there!

So let's hear it, who's IN? :thumbsup::clap:

IN for Wednesday the 29th

DR and GS on the hook as we'll be on the road all week before...

Shaping up to be a dirty BRR, as it should be. :grin:

I'm hoping.

I haven't done any dirty riding up there. I wonder if I can find a set of K60s for GS so I only have to take one bike up there...

Is this open to non-BBR veterans? I have read about your previous trips and it sounds like a great time, as well as getting a chance to meet some of you.

Hmm......two weeks before the wedding. I think I could probably make that happen.

It will be good to be back in Maggie Valley. I was begining to miss my wooden rocking chair out front :thumbsup:

Is this open to non-BBR veterans? I have read about your previous trips and it sounds like a great time, as well as getting a chance to meet some of you.

It's open to everybody! You'll find that folks are very open and friendly. Join us.

Hmm......two weeks before the wedding. I think I could probably make that happen.

It will be good to be back in Maggie Valley. I was begining to miss my wooden rocking chair out front :thumbsup:

Excuse me Keith, that's my rocking chair. :rofl::wave:

Nice n Easy Rider

Since I had to cancel my trip to the UN where I was planning on bringing and sharing my self-dipped bottle of MM that I got at last fall's BRR, I think this will be a good venue for breaking that wax seal. :grin:

Lone_RT_rider
I must be nuts! :dopeslap:

Okay...who told him?

Wasn't me! I have been letting him think he's normal for years now. :/

PLEASE!!!!!!

Please come and join us. The camaraderie is some of the best you can find anywhere and there's plenty of great riding.

The food is good and the lies get told with more credibility every year! :wave:

Lone_RT_rider
The food is good and the lies get told with more credibility every year! :wave:

Your not kidding! But let's leave a few of those tall tales for the front porch at the MVI. :thumbsup:

Shawn

Paul Mihalka

" I must be nuts! :dopeslap: " What else is news? That makes at least two of us, but I think we are in good company... :grin:

Popular wedding year, I s'pose. Terri and I are getting married on the Saturday before BRR.

Though we won't be staying at the MVI, we will be staying in the general vacinity on our honeymoon ... so we'll come by and visit.

Lone_RT_rider

Popular wedding year, I s'pose. Terri and I are getting married on the Saturday before BRR.

Though we won't be staying at the MVI, we will be staying in the general vacinity on our honeymoon ... so we'll come by and visit.

Woooohoooo! Congrats to both of you. :)

In on friday/coming from san francisco via torrey. I must be nuts! :dopeslap:

You're just figuring this out now??? :grin:

I'm IN ... don't know whether it'll be Thurs. or Friday yet, but I'll figure that out sooner rather than later. :)

Woooohoooo! Congrats to both of you. :)

+1 :clap: :clap: :clap:

How 'bout we all come by and visit you at your hotel....we won't hurt your reputation too much....well, you could get kicked out :rofl:

What hotel? We're stayin at your place!

I'll have the pool and hot tub ready.....just watch out for the neighbors on the right when you skinny dip....his videos go viral :dopeslap:

In that case, I s'pose not, then.

Actually, we're stayin at a B&B somewhat nearby for a couple days and then movin' on to a nice cabin - much further out, so to speak. But I'm not tellin where.

lawnchairboy

Alright, shannie Mae and jethro are in: one branch family tree reunion. IN!!!!!!!! Gosh Dang it.

Alright, shannie Mae and jethro are in: one branch family tree reunion. IN!!!!!!!! Gosh Dang it.

awhellyeah!!!!!!!!

awhellyeah!!!!!!!!

Yeah Baby!!! :clap:

I've got it on my calendar. Maggie Valley is right in my neighborhood, so this is one of the easiest decisions of my year.

Yes, it's a terrible burden to have to ride these twisty Appalachian mountain roads all year... :( I am accepting contributions to help soothe my suffering.

Jay

IN!!!

I'll TRY not to win another bottle but I can't be sure.... Maker's Mark and I have become good friends!

Jim

Lone_RT_rider
Yes, it's a terrible burden to have to ride these twisty Appalachian mountain roads all year... :( I am accepting contributions to help soothe my suffering.

Jay

Let me know how that goes Jay, I may need to start a collection myself. :)

It's great to see so many early "IN's!". This is already shaping up to be a great time! :clap:

:lurk:

Lone_RT_rider
Planning on it !

It was good to have you there in the spring Richard. I hope you can make those plans a reality. :wave:

Bill Murray

Another IN! Hoping to also have a couple of my riding buddies coming with me. Reservations made today.

The moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars and that means that this year I'll attend TWO BRR's

IN!

Archived