IGNORED

Bib Bend Bash official announcement with Hotel info

johnlt

...however, I wasn't with the group at Lake Roosevelt...

Tis a short and boring story ;) envolving Glenmorngie single malt scotch, campfires, blackout of 4 or 5 hrs of memory, misplaced sleeping accomodations and probably forever being the target of some good natured (one hopes) ribbing.

I'm sure you can coax a "Whipism" about the incident from our other Texas friends while at Alpine. :thumbsup:

The distinguished and honorable gentleman, Mr. Olson, is rooming with me.

His behavior has always been above reproach!

...however, I wasn't with the group at Lake Roosevelt... :lurk:

One eye open?

Deb and I are completely open and flexible as to where we dine on Saturday night. One thing to remember is that we will most likely overwhelm any restaurant in the area if we all ( or even half of us!) stroll in for dinner.

I absolutely do NOT drink and ride, so we would prefer a hostelry adjacent to our sleeping quarters if we are imbibing :)!

**   Chris   **
...however, I wasn't with the group at Lake Roosevelt...

Tis a short and boring story ;) envolving Glenmorngie single malt scotch, campfires, blackout of 4 or 5 hrs of memory, misplaced sleeping accomodations and probably forever being the target of some good natured (one hopes) ribbing.

I'm sure you can coax a "Whipism" about the incident from our other Texas friends while at Alpine. :thumbsup:

You know what they say, what happens in Arizona, stays in Arizona. With the exception of foot injuries...

You know what they say, what happens in Arizona, stays in Arizona. With the exception of foot injuries...

So, how is that foot anyway? :Cool:

Mr Olson!!!!!!

"above reproach!"

It's 2009!!!!!!

I can't say anything....

:cry:

You and Tom were the ones who started the "Be Kind In 09" so don't be crying about it now. :D

**   Chris   **

Better. I would say I am at 75%. It hurts to walk on it. Especially after I did a 6 mile hike last week in Lost Maples State Park. I rode about 100 miles today on my GS and my foot was pretty swollen when I got home.

Weird thing is, my knee has been having a weird new pain. I think my limp is twisting my knee or something. I am going to try to do some rehabilitation of it this week. As opposed to putting my hiking boots on and doing the West Trail at LMSP.

It does not hurt when I ride my bicycle. I think this is because there is no bending of the foot with cycling shoes on. This is a good thing since I will be riding to Austin in a little less than a month from now.

John, I'm going to play it by ear as far as dinner on Saturday, but I'm thinking I might have to return to the Reatta.

I'm pretty sure the cute waitress that was there last year would like to see me again. :grin:

Sorry to hear its still an issue. Wouldn't doubt that you're compensating for it and affecting the knee. Foot and ankle injurys seem to take forever to heal.

**   Chris   **

The foot is no big deal. I just have to learn how to walk again. I still know how to sit on a motorcyle, drink beer and eat...

Ok, ok, ok, I get the message. I'll cancel the reservations and all can be on their own Saturday. I'll probably still eat there because it is walking distance to the motel so anyone interested may certainly join me. Bottom line: NO GROUP DINNER

Hey Lawman, I have started to look at the maps, looks like we are going to run right by you or behind you thursday morning. Plan on going 84 59 21 unless I am able to avoid a Thunderstorm otherwise punch right through.

When you leaving? You got a bike to bike?

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

It looks like the ACL (no pun intended Chris) is out for us. The Chef, Claudia, says it's the Reata.

Oh, it's great having a boss again. :grin:

roadshadowww

We left ATL yesterday and are in Mobile. What a nice day for our 1st day rolling.

Beauty-ful morning here by Moile Bay, we're loading up and are going to cruise down to New Orleans today.

We'll over night there and head for BeauMont Tx Tuesday.

Then riding over to Whip's Wed..............

No Iron Butt stuff on this ride, just enjoying the weather and the ride.

See everyone Thursday afternoon !!! OH YEA, sorry but I'm on the Harley as the RT-P lacks a back seat for the Mrs.

Bob, Lily B and Lou

**   Chris   **

No Iron Butt stuff on this ride, just enjoying the weather and the ride.

Sounds better than the ride I did from Ft. Walton to Houston. It poured rain on me from Baton Rouge to Houston. With it being dark from the Texas Border to home. Scariest riding I have ever done.

Hey Lawman, I have started to look at the maps, looks like we are going to run right by you or behind you thursday morning. Plan on going 84 59 21 unless I am able to avoid a Thunderstorm otherwise punch right through.

Only 2 more days and I got my Bike all pretty for the trip!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Me too....Have you checked your weather forecast? :cry:

Weather looks good from Austin to Alpine for the next 6 days. We are looking for a few showers today and tomorrow, but they are going to be widely scattered.

Hoping by thursday, it will just be a thin line to punch through in east Tx. May wash the Tiger today, that will draw the rain here.

David/Whip,

Something is wrong with my ISP and I am only able to get into the discussion board once or twice a day..I will either be leaving from here Thursday morning taking your route or may go to Houston tomorrow and then to Whip's on Thursday from there..I'll try to let you know as soon as I know. If I don't goto Houston I'll try to hook up with you guys..You guys be safe and expect rain...

Must be a country thing with the ISP, we were off for over a day this pass weekend, think the service guys are in Oklahoma.

Looks like converging fronts for tomorrow, not the perfect storm I hope!

Drive safe, watch for a WHITE Tiger (washed & waxed) with a RED GS (washed & waxed) following in my wake.

tigergs_bb.jpg

think the service guys are in Oklahoma.

Consider yourself very fortunate..I 'm on satellite with Hughes..My service guys are in India..They don't speak English. I barley speak English myself and it's my best language..

David,

Just spoke to my brother in Houston. I will be heading to his house tomorrow and we'll be on to Whip's from there on Thursday. Look forward to meeting you guys at Whip's Thursday..Get ready for something very good to eat!

**   Chris   **
I'll be heading down from Fort Worth on Thursday, I'll probably be avoiding I-35.

Always a good plan. It always amazes me how everyone drives in the left lane on I-35. I guess they are all afraid of getting stuck behind a slow moving trailer home.

I noticed that as we headed into DFW on I-20 from Sweetwater. My grandparents lived in Rainbow after they retired, so I'm thinking I go down through Cleburne, I think its 189 or something like that. My zumo route has a bunch of FM this and that, and takes me through Marble Falls :grin: but it also says it will take about 4 and half hours. Sounds pretty good to me.

Barry Hatfield just arrived on a 3 day ride from Nothern Calif. He and I will be riding around southern AZ for the next two days and then we'll ride on over to the BBB on Friday morning. I'm going to try to get him up on 191 to Alpine on the return trip if the weather is good. See ya Friday.

Ummmm, I mean 281.

You can do much better than 281. If you are serious about good roads, I can pull together the real fun ones for you.

Let me know.

It looks like I've dodged a bullet. Of all weeks to finally go to trial, an incident from 2003 was set to begin on Wednesday, and they wanted to call me to provide testimony on FRIDAY!!!! :eek:

I talked with the attorneys today and asked if I could be called earlier or later. They said Monday would be OK since I was just testifying to establish the existance of a document that provides evidence of a legal position.

Testifying Monday will mess up some scheduled testing at work...but that's better than messing up "Bib Bend".

Afterall, a person has to set priorities! :thumbsup:

roadshadowww

Well we're in Winnie just west of Beaumont for the night.

Nice enough day cruising along I-10 from New Orleans yesterday...... yum love those coffees and powder sugar donuts at the Cafe Du Mont in the French Quarter.

In the morning we're headed over to Whip's for a stop over. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Regards,

Bob, Lily B and Lou Collins

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Well the Silver Surfer is maintained, clean, loaded up .and ready to go. We got Claudia all decked out in her first set of ATGATT ready to hit the raod for El Paso at first light. We'll spend the day there then head down to BB on Thursday at about noon. Our anticipated arrival time at the Ramada is prior to 6PM on Thursday. I am very excited about seeing some old friends and meeting some new.

The weather looks great from this end, lows in the mid 40's in the morning and predicted highs in the mid 70's to 80's all the way. Please, all have a safe, liesurely, and enjoyable trip. It's all about the ride.

See you there!

Jean is packing, I'm still testing windscreens on the Tiger. Currently picking wx forecasts for thursday that I like, throwing out the ones I dislike.

Looking for 21 to be dry in Texas. Bib Bend or Busb!

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Taking care of some last minute details and heading out in about an hour. Looks like some stiff winds beyond Las Cruces, but otherwise mild weather.

See ya'all soon!

The southern routes are looking good. We are planning on leaving Lubbock on Friday morning with a forecast of wind, rain, sleet, and snow :clap:

I didn't see any of the OK crew on the list, but it looks nasty coming down through the TX panhandle on Friday, Thursday should be fine into the evening.

Right now the southern edge of the winter precip shows to stop at Lubbock, it's warm enough right now that there's not much chance of any sticking on the roads.

markgoodrich

My plans have changed a little; I'm not going out until Friday, rather than Thursday. I called to change the reservation, and the nice young lady wanted to know whether I'm with the "BMW group, or the Wild Hogs?" I started to ask if she meant the Wild Hobs, but decided against it.

markgoodrich
I started to ask if she meant the Wild Hobs, but decided against it.

Bood call.

Which reminds me: Johnlt: can you post barmin files for the planned routes? ARE there planned routes?

I started to ask if she meant the Wild Hobs, but decided against it.

Bood call.

Which reminds me: Johnlt: can you post barmin files for the planned routes? ARE there planned routes?

I think John is too gusy to answer any of your questions. You might want to write gack latter. :grin:

Jean is packing, I'm still testing windscreens on the Tiger. Currently picking wx forecasts for thursday that I like, throwing out the ones I dislike.

Looking for 21 to be dry in Texas. Bib Bend or Busb!

I made it to my brother's in Houston..We'll be on our way to Whip's by noon tomorrow..I notice Friday's forecast calls for a high of 90 in San Antonio and 60 in Alpine..You gotta love Texas!

I wish you guys well and I jope you have great ride...

I like Utar but Texas was fun when I lived there. Hearing all the chatter about those roads brings back great memories.

Y'all have fun, Ya Hear!

edit to add: For Twisties and Bullett... been snowing at home for 3 days now... more on the way.

Archived