IGNORED

Bib Bend Bash official announcement with Hotel info

johnlt

I checked with the Ramada and they had 10 rooms booked for BMWST. Assuming most are doubled up, I'd say ~15 of the 20 on the list will be at the Ramada. Don't forget beer and BS on the "Porch" of the Ramada on Friday PM/evening.

Updated List:

johnlt

Whip

Mrs Whip

Philbytx

Deb

Tobyusa

Markgoodrich

JustJean

David

WestTxRT

Jim Davidson

Aggie Chris

Lawman

Mrs Lawman

Greg

eddd

Roadshadoww (Bob)

Lou

AV8R (lawman's brother)

SilverSurfer

Claudia

Twisties

Bullett

Barry Hatfield

Chris Olson

That's 25, a pretty good showing for such a remote location. It's going to be a great weekend.

Updated List:

johnlt

Whip

Mrs Whip

Philbytx

Deb

Tobyusa

Markgoodrich

JustJean

David

WestTxRT

Jim Davidson

Aggie Chris

Lawman

Mrs Lawman

Greg

eddd

Roadshadoww (Bob)

Lily B

Lou

AV8R (lawman's brother)

SilverSurfer

Claudia

Twisties

Bullett

Barry Hatfield

Chris Olson

I realize that you're probably not the most nimble at the keyboard but I need a clue. Steve is coming to BB? Steve is buying your motorhome? Steve is a name that just poped into your mind? etc. Brevity may be a virtue but I need a little help.

I realize that you're probably not the most nimble at the keyboard but I need a clue. Steve is coming to BB? Steve is buying your motorhome? Steve is a name that just poped into your mind? etc. Brevity may be a virtue but I need a little help.

He is in for BB.

Me too Sharon, the Tiger sits waiting on brown to bring another pannier. Ram mount for RD via USPS, Lowes will supply the camera mount via PVC 3/4" T.

Greg,

Have you done any research on repeaters down there?

Last year I worked the West Texas Connection:

http://www.w5qgg.org/marc/midlrepeaters/wtc.html

on my way home. I got in several QSO's across the area down there.

Will anyone else be on FRS/GMRS, and what channels will be used? I've got my extra cables for the Autocom to switch over to the handhelds or can monitor with the FTM10.

I'll have my GMRS on Ch 2.

Updted list:

Updated List:

johnlt

Whip

Mrs Whip

Philbytx

Deb

Tobyusa

Markgoodrich

JustJean

David

WestTxRT

Jim Davidson

Aggie Chris

Lawman

Mrs Lawman

Greg

eddd

Roadshadoww (Bob)

Lily B

Lou

AV8R (lawman's brother)

SilverSurfer

Claudia

Twisties

Bullett

Barry Hatfield

Chris Olson

Steve McKinley

If anyone (or a couple!) needs a bed, we have a guest room with a queen bed available on the night of the 27th!

Deb and I are riding out on Thursday morning and aim on meeting up with the Whipette contingent at Jnctn 503 on I10.

If anyone (or a couple!) needs a bed, we have a guest room with a queen bed available on the night of the 27th!

Deb and I are riding out on Thursday morning and aim on meeting up with the Whipette contingent at Jnctn 503 on I10.

Your gonna have a long wait......cause we ain't leavin till Friday mornin.

:dopeslap:

...and we have not decided on a route yet. It will depends on how everyone is feelin on Thursday, when they arrive. We could take I-10 and get there in a hurry. Or go up through the Hill Country like last year stopping in Langtry to pay our respects to Judge Roy Bean,takin our time. I wanna wait n see how everyone is feelin before we decide.

Whip

Just testing :eek:

Sorry, I DID mean Friday :) !!!

I thought so.......I have your number. I'll get in touch once I have everyone together.

We may split up, some way wanna see the HC others may want to get there ASAP.

Eddd and I both know the way to Alpine.

Me too Sharon, the Tiger sits waiting on brown to bring another pannier. Ram mount for RD via USPS, Lowes will supply the camera mount via PVC 3/4" T.

I finally succumbed and bought a Starcom1 digital unit with all the necessary cables for the F-bike, and a skid plate for the Yamaha, even though I don't plan to ride either of them to Texas. :grin:

Updated List: we're down one

johnlt

Whip

Mrs Whip

Philbytx

Deb

Tobyusa

Markgoodrich

JustJean

David

WestTxRT

Jim Davidson

Aggie Chris

Lawman

Greg

eddd

Roadshadoww (Bob)

Lily B

Lou

AV8R (lawman's brother)

SilverSurfer

Claudia

Twisties

Bullett

Barry Hatfield

Chris Olson

Steve McKinley

Hey, thanks, Whip!

This is more how I remember it, though

Live music, cold beer and dancin' :grin:

It's true there are miles and miles and miles and miles of Texas . . . and about the only thing that could make El Paso look appealing would be to compare it to East Germany/East Berlin in 1989! :rofl:

:lurk:

Hey, thanks, Whip!

This is more how I remember it, though

Live music, cold beer and dancin' :grin:

It's true there are miles and miles and miles and miles of Texas . . . and about the only thing that could make El Paso look appealing would be to compare it to East Germany/East Berlin in 1989! :rofl:

:lurk:

That may even be an understatement..But at least up until then even they had a wall... :grin:

How about this oldie

?

Not that Los Fresnos is anywhere near the X...

Unless you mean the X in Mexico. :eek:

Yep, counting by days now, Jean and I ilcyalsoon.

Louisiana HOG rally this weekend, gonna take out the Tiger chase a few around town today on the way to play golf, ha.

Ok folks, I made reservations for 20 at the Alpine City Limits Link and told them it would be plus or minus 4 or 5 so that should cover us. It is next door to the Ramada and the reservation is for 7 PM They also have a bar for those that arrive early. Please try to make it, I think it will be a lot of fun. See ya there

Ok folks, I made reservations for 20 at the Alpine City Limits Link and told them it would be plus or minus 4 or 5 so that should cover us. It is next door to the Ramada and the reservation is for 7 PM They also have a bar for those that arrive early. Please try to make it, I think it will be a lot of fun. See ya there

Which day??????????????????

Sorry guys, it is Saturday night at 7 PM.

johnlt

Sorry John

Saturday I'll prolly be at Reata

I really liked it last year.

Besides.........last year I was still 100 miles from Alpine at 7pm.

:dopeslap:

Well it looks like I better get a head count so I can adjust the reservation. If there is little interest in a group dinner then we can just be on our own and I'll cancel. Please respond with a "in" or "out" for the dinner.

You should know that old men don't like change. We've established Saturday night for the group get-together for 6 months. Friday evening is the welcome brothers with refreshments on the "Porch" at the Ramada. Some of us may end up eating there Friday also because we won't have to ride back, we'll just walk next door. No big deal, folks can do as the wish. Ever wonder how the "Unrally" got it's name?

You should know that old men don't like change. We've established Saturday night for the group get-together for 6 months. Friday evening is the welcome brothers with refreshments on the "Porch" at the Ramada. Some of us may end up eating there Friday also because we won't have to ride back, we'll just walk next door. No big deal, folks can do as the wish. Ever wonder how the "Unrally" got it's name?

6 months or 6 weeks???????

The UN is about not being organized and not setting times and places for everyone.

I don't care......

Do whatever you want.

Last year I don't think I ever saw ya.

Don't forget my silkhead :grin:

Don't forget my silkhead :grin:

I got it in my tank bag. :grin:

Thanks

I owe ya somethin to fill your class.

See ya next week.......I hope.

Well it looks like I better get a head count so I can adjust the reservation. If there is little interest in a group dinner then we can just be on our own and I'll cancel. Please respond with a "in" or "out" for the dinner.
I liked the Reata patio last time also, so unfortunately I'm out for the Alpine City Limit.

I'm kinda partial to the Reatta.

Hi John....not sure what our plans will be on Saturday night; would prefer to play it loose. Apologies if we are messing up the dinner plans. I have way too much "scheduled time" on my plate with my job, so I'd prefer to keep things as unscheduled as possible.

Looking forward to it! By the way it looks like Chris, Steve and I will be riding in together. Will roll sometime between 8-10 Friday morning.

**   Chris   **
Please add Mr Chris Olson to the list.

I am not sharing a room with Mr. Olson! Especially if he is drinking scotch!

The distinguished and honorable gentleman, Mr. Olson, is rooming with me.

His behavior has always been above reproach!

...however, I wasn't with the group at Lake Roosevelt... :lurk:

Archived