IGNORED

Mondays S---

Dennis Andress

• 1 month later...

Took the 4WD road from Creede to Silverton over Stony Pass for lunch and back. Drop dead georgous!

DSC0166r-XL.jpg

This is Colorado's version of the Castle:

DSC0170r-L.jpg

Caught this guy looking over his domain:

DSC0200r-XL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
John, what's the story with the Elk?

Pat

It's a huge sculpture on top of a mountain outside of Del Norte Colorado. Looks real from a distance.

Monsoons have arrived in the southwest and the desert is turning green. These pics are from near the Mexican border south of Tucson at about 5k feet elevation.

desertgreen2-XL.jpg

desertgreen1-XL.jpg

I am working a lot of nights on Alamo Plaza now, so I thought I would bring my camera to help pass the time. The last two are from when I got home and the dogs were all barking into a bush/tree at about 11pm.

3-L.jpg

4-L.jpg

8-L.jpg

7-L.jpg

9-L.jpg

1-L.jpg

2-L.jpg

1954 Oldsmobile F88 sports car. Only one left. Valued at $3M. Seen at the Gateway Auto Musuem in Gateway Colorado. A truely great ride stop!!

DSC0332-XL.jpg

Just returned from three weeks in the USA, with 12 days of riding.

Had dinner at the famous Cowboy Dinner Tree in "Outback" Silver Lake, Oregon.

DSC02259-L.jpg

You start with salad, and then the soup and rolls. This is just for two, remember!

DSC02267-L.jpg

You have a choice of steak or chicken -- that's it. We had the steak.

DSC02268-L.jpg

Then came dessert.

And we still had to ride for another 90 minutes after eating that!!

(Confession: No, I couldn't manage the whole thing. This was my best effort.)

DSC02269-L.jpg

Yep, that'll do nicely!!! Can't wait to see you out on the S10 though.......even if it means I am forced to ride your Katoom. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice shot Todd. I must've flew right past that cause we were on Silver Creek and Marshall Pass last week, missed it. Last year I accidently got us on the Colorado Trail there, won't make that mistake again, two up anyway.

953103703_sio4d-L.jpg

Looks easy here, but got scary pretty quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

From the roof of one of my bidnesses.

The Menger Hotel

DSC0952-L.jpg

Looking north from the back of the building.

DSC0936-L.jpg

The Tower Life Building

DSC0956-L.jpg

The Moon over the Menger.

DSC0944-L.jpg

DSC0970-L.jpg

Westerly

DSC0941-L.jpg

Edited by Whip
  • 2 weeks later...

That is about the coolest Larry!!! I loved taking Jamie back to Michigan a few years ago, knocking on the doors of the old housing and having the current owners let us in so I could show Jamie where I grew up.

:thumbsup:

Dennis Andress

Left Coast Sunset. Got there too late and lost most of the light. Had to push the raw conversion pretty hard, but I like the way it came out.

XDSC0359-1-L.jpg

The Eyre Highway, crossing the Nullarbor Plain in Australia ... not a lot to distract a rider out there ... although there IS a vehicle in front of me. :grin:

DSC03143-L.jpg

So you can understand how excited you get when you come to 'civilisation' [sic]. This is Nullarbor Roadhouse. Yes, that is a whale out the front of it. Why? Because the southern coastline of Australia is just off to the left of the photo, and whales make an annual migration along the coast.

DSC03154-L.jpg

This day was a real trial on the bike; maximum shade temperature was 42C/107.6F and there was a searing head/crosswind the entire day. Road temperature, in the sun, as we later found out, hit 55C ... over 130F.

Yep, I'm working on a report.

Dennis Andress

The Ojai Rapture Center cared for over 1200 birds this year. Around 750 of that number were release back into the wild. They held an open house a few weeks ago. Excellent place to take pictures. Due to injuries or human imprinting these birds will never be released

XDSC0200-L.jpg

YDSC0222-L.jpg

XDSC0291-L.jpg

XDSC0263-L.jpg

XDSC0272-L.jpg

XDSC0249-L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...