IGNORED

Mondays S---

Dennis Andress

• 2 weeks later...
Dennis Andress
I need that plate holder... :)

There's a story to go with it. Several years ago Laney's K12RS started smoking on startup. Since the smoking started shortly after a major service the dealer was not very responsive ;) . After weeks of taking the bike in and being told they couldn't duplicate it, the service manager told Laney: "It wouldn't smoke if you didn't ride it like a girl." Now, Laney is not slow, and what he said didn't go over well. The license plate frame is there to remind them how much the whole deal wound up costing...

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize if videos aren't supposed to go here. BUT, I'll be thinking of today's ride all day Monday. So, Monday's S^*&... Let me know if you cannot see it.

Riding in Germany

Edited by ArmyGuy

Could see it just fine! :thumbsup: Now, if this is what's called "serving your country" sign me up please! :grin:

Nice!

Pat

SteveHebert

What an ugly landscape to ride in! If I were you, I would ask for a re-assignment. :)

Afghanistan is beautiful this time of year!

Thanks guys. I actually volunteered to PCS to a unit going to Afghanistan before I came here. My branch manager decided that I was needed here more. I'm not complaining. Not one single bit.

• 1 month later...
Joe Frickin' Friday

From the Museum of Flight in Seattle, here's the toilet used on the space shuttle:

i-qWFwbNq-L.jpg

The handles, footrests, and vacuum apparatus give you a new appreciation for gravity. :grin:

Moving from "doesn't smell like roses" to "smells like roses," here are a couple of pics from last spring's visit to the University of Michigan Peony Garden, worth a visit if you're in the area at the right time:

i-8zjgpD3-L.jpg

i-grk5HwC-L.jpg

i-LXFwV4m-L.jpg

i-2cT55Z2-L.jpg

I just finished installing $1K worth of garage doors today.

What could I have bought for the bike if I didn't have to waste it on two new garage doors?

Monday suck.

Looks like Gadwalls.

Thanks for the duck identification. I didn't know what kind they were. That shot was from a local lake this weekend.

i-qWFwbNq-L.jpg

The handles, footrests, and vacuum apparatus give you a new appreciation for gravity. :grin:

NASA's finest. I think I understand the purpose of all the features, except for the "gear shift".

That's some good shootin'. Duck's in flight are tough to capture that well. You should forward that on to DU Magazine, they might like it.

Joe Frickin' Friday
NASA's finest. I think I understand the purpose of all the features, except for the "gear shift".

It's actually the world's most complicated toilet. Here's NASA's seven-minute TMI explanation:

The video explains a whole lot about how the toilet worked, more than was apparent in my photo.

Fun fact: with such a small hole, alignment when sitting on this toilet was critical. At the astronaut training facility, they had an unplumbed version of the toilet with a camera pointing straight up through the hole; astronauts could sit on this toilet and watch a monitor to practice achieving correct alignment.

Complicated indeed.

I did notice the mini orifice. Now, whenever I hear about astronaut training, my mind will instantly think of "target practice" (kinda reminds me of when I first took my kids backpacking).

And improper "docking" to the urinal funnel looks like that could be painful (mentioned in the video), though I imagine vacuum assist might be appreciated for tougher "movements".

Got a kick out of this one. Thanks for sharing.

JerryMather

If I could post a photo that I just got a few minutes ago on my phone. It would be of my riding buddies sitting in a bar in Austin with a guy named Rossi having a few beers! :D

It's really cool for a Monday morning after the races. :grin:

JerryMather

Thanks Pat for posting it.

I'm at my mom's helping her out this morning & my buddies that went to Texas for MotoGp have been texting photo's all weekend long. Some of them are sooooo funny but not for MRN. :dopeslap:

So I get the usual text this morning as follows:

Bob just bought Rossi a beer

Photo!!!

No Photo it didn't happen!!!!

F**k U........LOL

DIDN'T HAPPPEN!

You poser :grin:

Laughing. Why would I make that up.....

You wouldn't but we need a selfie or something!!!!!!

Trying.......

Don't be shy, tell him it's for the MOVIE STAR Jerry Mather's the Beaver or something!

Go get it right now!

GO

Invite him to your next Laguna Trackday!!!!!

And then the above photo can through. :clap:

Dennis Andress
Thanks Pat for posting it.

I'm at my mom's helping her out this morning & my buddies that went to Texas for MotoGp have been texting photo's all weekend long. Some of them are sooooo funny but not for MRN. :dopeslap:

So I get the usual text this morning as follows:

Bob just bought Rossi a beer

Photo!!!

No Photo it didn't happen!!!!

F**k U........LOL

DIDN'T HAPPPEN!

You poser :grin:

Laughing. Why would I make that up.....

You wouldn't but we need a selfie or something!!!!!!

Trying.......

Don't be shy, tell him it's for the MOVIE STAR Jerry Mather's the Beaver or something!

Go get it right now!

GO

Invite him to your next Laguna Trackday!!!!!

And then the above photo can through. :clap:

Thanks to Jerry, Monday Sucks finally hits the big time!

(I wonder how many are left around here who understand: MRN)

JerryMather

Mr Rodger's Neighborhood :

When politic's was allowed around here, threads were pages long between two or three people, tempers flaired & members BAND from posting for a month!

The Mod's had their hands full back then.

Dennis Andress
Mr Rodger's Neighborhood :

When politic's was allowed around here, threads were pages long between two or three people, tempers flaired & members BAND from posting for a month!

The Mod's had their hands full back then.

The politics were ugly. The character is missing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
Dennis Andress

It's a travesty, but we don't get out and ride like we once did. My camera sits forgotten on a shelve. It's going to be a little while before we can fix that. But, it doesn't matter, everyone can post a picture here and contribute to a happier Monday! If you are new here, not part of the hooligans that grew BMWST, please join in.

hoodsport-DSC_4226-X3.png

The original Guidelines from long ago can be summarized as:

Pictures go up on Monday

Pictures don't have to be motorcycle related, but this is Ride Tales

Thanks Larry it is similar and glad to see you're hitting some of those places on the 640. That's the Telluride side of Imogene a few years ago, the 1st one is looking back at the west side of Black Bear.

It's still Monday, a few more from Colorado this past Sept.

009-X2.jpg

010-X2.jpg

The Arkansas River not far from it's headwaters near Leadville.

016-X2.jpg

020-X2.jpg

Mosquito Pass in the distance

028-X2.jpg

Herring Park

021-X2.jpg

Whale Hill

048-X2.jpg

074-X2.jpg

076-X2.jpg

Edited by roadscholar
  • Like 2

Great combo of trailer and truck. Wonder which is worth more. Trailer...

You mentioned the West side of Back Bear, well, for a greenie, I thought the 'steps' were beyond my skill set. Might of gone off the edge... :ohboy: