IGNORED

Mondays S---

Dennis Andress

Paul Mihalka

New Year's day 2012, with my BMWBMW (BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington) friends. I'm on the left, like you wouldn't know...

VA_breakfast.jpg

• 9 months later...
10,000 feet...

Aw, c'mon. That looks closer than 10,000 feet, but I can understand your wanting to keep your distance! :grin::dopeslap:

Dennis Andress

Monday Sucks started over five years ago when I set down at work one Monday, and realized that was the one place I didn't want to be. I didn't have a plan, or even a cognizant thought, when I put that first picture up; others followed suit and added more and more pictures and the thread took life. A life of its own I might add – the Guidelines I put up five years ago are seldom missed.

Last week SageRider posted about his upcoming surgeries, and tallman mentioned he has not ridden much in the last two years due to health problems. I'm sure there are others I'm not aware of. Kind of makes Monday seem trivial. This thread is far from trivial though. There's a lot of inspiration in here. I hope this old thread can be an inspiration to those who can't ride now.

UnRally XI shots for SageRider

ZDSC0083-L.jpg

ZDSC0144-L.jpg

YDSC0120-L.jpg

As I sit here in my post-call haze this morning I am reminded of all the great riding I have been able to do this year, as well as the time I have spent with family. Really miss colorado after a couple of weeks there and snuck out to FART recently. I am really glad to have had this riding year. I have a feeling my number may be up for a government sponsored vacation in a foreign land very soon.

profoundly grateful.

UN2012-097-L.jpg

Just FARTing around on a great bike in the great Smokies.

FART-Oct-2012-012-M.jpg

Been riding, hiking or flying over these mountains for 30 years and they always look different.

Bill

Just some old guys (and one young TN_R11girl) telling big FARTing lies in the parking lot:

FART-Oct-2012-042-M.jpg

Still wonder if Shannon was just rubbing her nose or what...

Bill

What's special about this picture is the person sitting on the grass. (didn’t realize I had it till I got home) While FARTing, Ray, Scott and I came upon an accident on the Dragon. We stopped to see what we could do for the guy & a few minutes later this same lady stopped telling us she was an E.R. Nurse.

She was very professional & proficient, the accident happened on Friday but I’m confident in saying she made this guy's Monday suck a little less. Hats off to her!

IMG_5038.jpg

photo.jpg

Pat

Monday Sucks started over five years ago when I set down at work one Monday, and realized that was the one place I didn't want to be. I didn't have a plan, or even a cognizant thought, when I put that first picture up; others followed suit and added more and more pictures and the thread took life. A life of its own I might add – the Guidelines I put up five years ago are seldom missed.

Last week SageRider posted about his upcoming surgeries, and tallman mentioned he has not ridden much in the last two years due to health problems. I'm sure there are others I'm not aware of. Kind of makes Monday seem trivial. This thread is far from trivial though. There's a lot of inspiration in here. I hope this old thread can be an inspiration to those who can't ride now.

Dennis, a little over two years ago, I was at work and not really concentrating on my duties there, and searching for help in getting back into riding. I had taken a good deal of time off, and my wife had just told me it was time to get a bike and go back to riding. I always knew I wanted a BMW, specifically a boxer, so I started searching on the Internet, both for possible bikes and resources to help me get back into the swing of things. Yes, I found other sites, like advrider and other bmw specific sites. But when I found bmwsporttouring, it felt like the right place for me. Two of the threads that made that happen, were Looking for 50cc Cheerleaders, which didn't make a damn bit of sense until I read it and figuread out what a 50cc was, and Mondays Suck.

The places where the people from this site have gone, and what they have seen, was an inspiration. Later I learned a lot of other things, and continue to do so, but those two threads really helped me start on my journey back into motorcycling, and into this community.

Thanks.

Dennis Andress

Thanks Doc!

And, Glenn, please don't fall off!

Busy day, not much time...sure sign I need to get out more.

From North Meets South earlier this year.

XDSC0034-XL.jpg

Dennis Andress

Avalon, at the Ojayi Raptor Center. Part of her bio

K04, as she was officially known, was born on the Two Harbors Nest on Catalina Island in 2010 and made her way to Washington State. In February 2011 she was taken in by the Sarvey Wildlife Care Center in Arlington Washington, having been found with a broken wing and severely dehydrated. After much care and recovery time it was determined that she would never be able to fly well enough to be released into the wild. It was then decided that she could be transported back to Ventura County to join ORC's Resident Raptor program to become an education bird.

The rest of the story

Saturday was her coming out, so to speak

EDSC0083-L.jpg

EDSC0035-L.jpg

She didn't look happy, and kept trying to fly away. Which just resulted in her hanging upside down by the jesses on her feet.

EDSC0056-L.jpg

Yeah, dude, I'm the hunter here, and don't you forget it!

EDSC0082-L.jpg

Dennis Andress

I'm using a Nikon D200. I shoot RAW and processes the shots with digiKam, DarkTable and The GIMP. Most of the work is done with DarkTable, in setting the parameters of the RAW conversion.

I believe the camera doesn't matter. roydog, who is no longer active around here, out did any of my shots with a simple point-and-shoot. The art of photography is in composing the shot - picking one piece of everything you see and deciding how you want that to look in a finished product.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using a Nikon D200. I shoot RAW and processes the shots with digiKam, DarkTable and The GIMP. Most of the work is done with DarkTable, in setting the parameters of the RAW conversion.

I believe the camera doesn't matter. roydog, who is no longer active around here, out did any of my shots with a simple point-and-shoot. The art of photography is in composing the shot - picking one piece of everything you see and deciding how you want that to look in a finished product.

Dennis - I believe you have learned to capture nature as well as anyone can! Hope in 2013 you continue to delight us with your photography. :thumbsup:

That was a day I spent a bunch of time watching K-bikes vanishing into the distance. Pretty fun day.

I was able to keep Laney in sight once for about 3 minutes in torrey. First 2 minutes were without curves. :dopeslap:

Edited by Marty Hill
Dennis Andress

A couple of guys fishing in 50 degree weather. Not much of a picture, I really wish my cell phone had a lens cleaner built in.

IMG_20130107_091133_1-L.jpg

Dennis Andress

I think this was from my film camera's last days...

52866863_2BThN-O.jpg

An old friend wrenched for a BMW dealer for many years. Then came kids, a few crappy jobs, and making the bike last for as long as it took. He said the cam lobes were worn down pretty bad by this time. To this day he hates and cusses BMW bikes...

sunset3.jpg

In another story I'd seriously messed up a 16 valve K100 RS. I gave it to him, and he fixed it. I think he only rode it once, too fast and insurance cost too much. He sold it and bought a KLR!

eek2.jpg

Dennis Andress

Some of our warmest weather occurs when the Santa Anas blow. High pressure in the desert, and a low off shore, make for hot, dry, and in many locations windy days. All of which means Sunday was a beautiful day at the beach!

ZDSC_0028-L.jpg

DSC_0038_v1-L.jpg

I know that dog! Oh, hi Laney. Nice pic.

Oh HI Marty! Don't forget who's in charge of pillows around here - only friendly visitors get pillows! :grin:

What's the seat height on the silver and red bike? It looks low enough for even me. Also, the after market exhaust is interesting, is it worth changing out the stock one?

Thanks