IGNORED

Glen McIntosh R.I.P.

EffBee

The article fails to point out that she blew the stop sign, Gleno was driving the speed limit and that per Henderson PD the criminal investigation is ongoing with her more than likely having criminal charges filed against her when it is completed.

It's mildly entertaining that she "volunteered" to take a blood test, since case law says they can forcibly draw blood on fatal collisions if she refused.

Can anyone say "bias"?

OK, what might I be doing wrong? Whether I use Netscape or Internet Exploder, I don't see any pictures. The text of the posts, but no images. confused.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
OK, what might I be doing wrong? Whether I use Netscape or Internet Exploder, I don't see any pictures. The text of the posts, but no images. confused.gif

Gotta register to see pics.

Meanwhile, I found this other thread there where they're selling Gleno stickers. Pics of stickers shown in second post; later in the thread they say they've corrected the spelling on Gleno's last name. blush.gif PayPal info is in a post near the bottom of the first page there.

Ditto, ditto, ditto...

Terrible...

I have always been a true secret admirer.

Our thoughts are with the family, and all his friends.

Larry & Marianne Villani

Met him at MotoGP Laguna Seca 2005. Seemed just like the guy on this site. Guy I wish I had time to get to know.

Damn, damn, damn, damn damn.

Thanks to those who took the time to let me know about this.

An interesting tidbit of information:

Gleno's last post to the Sin City Motorcycles website was to a son of a father who had been involved in a horrific motorcycle accident in the Vegas area.

Gleno had, yet again, reached out to someone he did not know and had made a friend and comforted him in his time of anguish.

And his last post on this site:

"I hope my flat little tummy and ultra hard body will somehow detract from my beat down grill and tore up weave".

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

russell_bynum

Gleno's last post to the Sin City Motorcycles website was to a son of a father who had been involved in a horrific motorcycle accident in the Vegas area.

Gleno had, yet again, reached out to someone he did not know and had made a friend and comforted him in his time of anguish.

Gleno was leading a group of the Sin City crowd back from a dinner when he was killed. What was he doing at the dinner? Rallying people to get them to donate blood for that guy's Dad.

Joe Frickin' Friday

They've allowed me to download/host the pics so I can display them on our site; that way you don't have to register over there. I just finished putting them up; click here to see the vigil pics.

Joyce & I are saddened by his loss. Our hearts go out to his extended family, both at home and on this Board. He managed to touch so many lives, even those of us who weren't blessed to know him personally.

Gleno, and all whom he touched, are in our thoughts & prayers.

It is said "Birds Fly, Eagles Soar". Glen is certainly among the Eagles.

Yeeha! Stephen

For those who never met, met briefly, or only knew Gleno through Net postings, these tributes must seem over the top and larger than life. But just a quick look at the photos Mitch cross posted of Gleno's Sin City vigil, shows that the man WAS large in life. Something few of us, me included, may never achieve.

In those few photos witness affected people crossing age, race, gender, and affilation (Sport rider types, Color wearing Biker types, Cruiser types, etc...) boundaries, not to mention us plain ole BMW types.

vigil14.jpg

vigil16.jpg

vigil17.jpg

Quick snapshot evidence of a man that touched a large cross section of life... and such a man I wish I had the talent to be.

John Ranalletta

http://www.reviewjournal.com/obituaries/individual_display.jsp?obitID=1519302

Published February 10, 2007.

MCINTOSH, GLEN

GLEN MCINTOSH Glen E. McIntosh, 45, of Boulder City, passed away Feb. 6, 2007, in Henderson. He was born Sept. 8, 1961, in Austin, Texas. Glen was an automotive technician employed at Hansen Mechanical. He was a 15-year resident of Boulder City and had previously resided in Lancaster, Calif. for 30 years. He was the president of Sin City Sportbikes, a member of BMW RT.com, and Boulder City Masonic Lodge #37. Glen is survived by his wife, of 18 years, Teresa; daughter, Allyson McIntosh of Boulder City; his sons, Jonathon McIntosh of Las Vegas, and Senior Airman Andrew McIntosh of McConnell AFB, Kan.; grandchildren, Madison and Connor Drance, both of Boulder City, and Chloe Singleton of Las Vegas; parents, Hugh and Audrey McIntosh of South Carolina; one brother; and four sisters. A funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 11, at the Lighthouse Convention Center, 110 Ville Drive, Boulder City. Burial at Boulder City Cemetery will follow the service. In memory of Glen McIntosh, donations may be made to the Glen McIntosh Memorial Fund, Boulder Dam Credit Union, P.O. Box 61530, Boulder City, NV 89006. Boulder City Family Mortuary handled the arrangements.

Couchrocket sent me the horrible news earlier this week. Like most, I was stunned. We read all the posts, but the emotions were just too wild to post anything ourselves.

My fondest memory of Gleno? He always had time for PEOPLE...he ALWAYS had time for people...he even had time for me.

Our prayers go out for his family and for all the board members who are still reeling from this loss. May God give us encouragement in due time.

Barry and Della Copeland

aka Barrybeemer

My fondest memory of Gleno? He always had time for PEOPLE...he ALWAYS had time for people...he even had time for me.

That was it, wasn't it?! He lived larger than life, he lived life 120%, yet still had time for everybody.

Dave McReynolds

I'm coming to this somewhat late, as I've been away for a while, but would like to express my regrets and sorrow at Gleno's passing. He was one of the first people on this board I met personally. He was setting up the barbeque at Torrey when I rode into town several years ago, and made me feel right at home. As many others have said, he was the kind of person who will stick in your memory forever.

I've been working late this week and haven't been on the board since last sunday. ...just in a bit of shock.

bncry.gifbncry.gif

I didn't know Glen outside this board but I can truthfully say I'll miss him. My heart goes out to his immdediate family and to his extended family here.

---------------------------------

First I saw the information on helping Terri and family and my forehead wrinkled. Reading on, I had to let go of the hope that Gleno had "just" been seriously hurt. Frantically searching for the post to explain came next.

I have spent this Sunday morning crying, just crying at such a loss.

Richard, your post really got the waterworks going.

I just keep seeing Tommy Roe "doing" Gleno at the UN in Gunnison.

I know this isn't about me, but some people touch you and he was such a person. I told Jennifer about our loss when she came down this morning and she started crying. No, she never met Gleno and doesn't read this board, she could just see how much pain I'm in.

Thank you to so many in this family. You have touched me and my family in many wonderful ways. Glen McIntosh is a key member of the family.

Peace, to Glen and his family.

Peace to us all.

Still crying,

Kirsten

Like many of us on this board I have never met Glen, but I have followed his antics on this board for several years.

Read the news Thurs. morning when I got to work & my first thought was Oh God if it could happen to Gleno it could happen to any of us! He is the first guy I have ever cried over that I had never met. Very tough to get thru the workday-- very heavy heart.

Do not know what to say to his family, but I am hoping they realize we are sharing in their pain & loss, just as if he was one of our brothers. bncry.gif

As with many others I ma at a loss for words. I* only met Gleno during my first trip to Torrey when he was kind enough to let me overnight in his garage along with many others. He was certainly one of a kind with his irreverant gregarious mentality and lust for life..

I often admired his mottto runs with scissors and it sucks he had to be taken by someones inattention or stupidity.

I send my condolences to his famly and all his friends here on the board. I know he had a multitude.

RIP,, Tim

Like many of us on this board I have never met Glen, but I have followed his antics on this board for several years.

Read the news Thurs. morning when I got to work & my first thought was Oh God if it could happen to Gleno it could happen to any of us! He is the first guy I have ever cried over that I had never met. Very tough to get thru the workday-- very heavy heart.

Do not know what to say to his family, but I am hoping they realize we are sharing in their pain & loss, just as if he was one of our brothers. bncry.gif

The above says it all for me. I had been looking forward to meeting Gleno for the first time this May at Torrey. Just found out the horrible news from a post by Paul Mihalka on our local BMW clubs forum just before I was headed out for a ride. Instead I also cried over a man I have never meet! My wife, a non rider, seemed to understand which helped. I pray for his family.

What terrible news. We never met but I feel like I knew him through this board. He will be greatly missed and my family's thoughts and prayers are with his family. Some people just have a way of making everyone around them feel better, Gleno was one of those people. Godspeed.

Today was a difficult day for many of you, I can't hardly imagine. But on behalf of those of us who couldn't make it, I want to say a heart-felt thank you for representing the BMWST.COM family at the memorial service.

Today was a difficult day for many of you, I can't hardly imagine. But on behalf of those of us who couldn't make it, I want to say a heart-felt thank you for representing the BMWST.COM family at the memorial service.

+1

I heard the sad news of Gleno's passing last week from PhillyFlash, and although I only knew Gleno by his posts I find myself grieving for his family and for his friends. I wish I could offer more...I rode today in his memory.

RIP

Ditto!

plusone.gifthumbsup.gif

+1

+2

It certainly was a hard day but being around such a great group of friends made it bearable.

Here's part of the gang after the services, a shockah of a picture for sure

gleno_crowd.jpg

There were actually quite a few more BMWST members there but they had started to disperse alreday. Very rough estimates of the total attendance were about 200 bikes and 400 people.

I'm very new to this board and I don't know Gleno any more than I know any of you, which is really not at all. On the other hand, I have been trying to convince my wife to join me for a journey to West Virginia this September for the UnRally. The camaraderie on this board is very infectious and I would really like to meet some of you and share in the fun. The point here is, I had no idea the closeness and sense of family and friendship so many of you share. Reading these posts over the past several days, I want to tell you that I feel your loss. With that, I offer my deepest condolences to all of you suffering the loss of Gleno.

+1

+2

+3

Great picture Bob! Glad to see we were so well represented. I wish I could have been there. The Davis clan had a private meat orgy digging in at 5pm East coast time.

The kids have been asking why I have been sitting in front of the computer so much. I asked them if they remembered Gleno. They met him briefly at Road Atlanta last year. They answered:

"Yeah, the crazy guy with the tatoos."

"Yeah, the guy that called us nose-miners."

"Yeah, the guy that gave us Cheetos and Fritos before dinner."

"Yeah, the guy that did the backflip in the hotel pool and almost hit his head."

I'd say he made an impact grin.gif

Great picture Bob! Glad to see we were so well represented. I wish I could have been there. The Davis clan had a private meat orgy digging in at 5pm East coast time.

The kids have been asking why I have been sitting in front of the computer so much. I asked them if they remembered Gleno. They met him briefly at Road Atlanta last year. They answered:

"Yeah, the crazy guy with the tatoos."

"Yeah, the guy that called us nose-miners."

"Yeah, the guy that gave us Cheetos and Fritos before dinner."

"Yeah, the guy that did the backflip in the hotel pool and almost hit his head."

I'd say he made an impact grin.gif

smile.gif

Thanks Mark... I needed something to make me smile this morning. Gleno has been on my mind all week. The little things that made him "him" are what seem to be helping me get through this day by day.

Man, I miss him and wish we could have been at the service this weekend. bncry.gif

--------------------

Ken & Donna H.

+1

This may be a bit late, but it didn't really sink in until Sunday, when I spent time with my grandkids.

My first dealing with Gleno was this exchange .

His was the final word on that thread. End of discussion. Here was a guy 13 years my junior telling me to act my age, for my grandkids sake, if not my own. And this from a guy who "runs with scissors".

Shortly after that I put this picture on my tank bag:

129447001-L.jpg

In the last year and a half, who knows how many times it has made me stop and think in that split second before committing to do something risky. The only reason that happens is because of a 30 second discussion board response from Gleno.

I actually met Gleno only once at the Spring Torrey in 2006. Talked to him maybe 15 mins. I knew right away that the man only played the fool for effect. He wanted to be the icebreaker, the catalyst for good fellowship. He was nobody's fool. We talked bikes and he was clearly someone who has forgotten more about them than I yet know.

I regret that I never thanked him for his exchange, nor told him that this small act influenced my riding. Mostly, as a grandparent, I grieve for his grandkids who lost him from their lives. It is so grossly unfair to them and to Gleno.

K^2

Archived