IGNORED

Glen McIntosh R.I.P.

EffBee

Despite yet another sleepless night, I have finally managed to dredge up enough courage to creep to the gaping chasm that has been blasted out of the landscape of my heart. As I tremulously peer down over this crevasse's ragged edge and down into the depths of its darkness and then across at the breadth of its vastness . . . I know there could be no bridge to take me across.

No, I must make the long journey around it, circumnavigating its entire scope to reach the other side where hopefully I may find peace again one day. It will be a long journey, but the beautiful scenery of the memories and the laughter--oh God . . . the laughter . . . will fill my tank and ease the long miles of this arduous ride--the longest and hardest challenge I've attempted to date.

Now I will always be riding with Gleno as my co-pilot, my pillion--or better phrased: "my bee-yotch" . . . as that would make him laugh and we both really need a laugh right now. It was how he faced every challenge and indeed every day. He is no doubt looking down on us, on our unfathomable pain, but as he is dealing with his own loss of his family and friends . . . you know he's cracking a joke to St. Peter and he's laughing his ass off through his tears. I'm tryin' to do the same my brother, but you were always so much better at that than I was. Right now my vision is grotesquely distorted from the cascades of water that spring unbidden and uncontrollably from my eyes when I think of you. When I think of how I'll never be able to hug you again, or laugh in spite of myself, or chase you through Capitol Reef, Sweeper Madness, or up to Panamint.

I have tried to learn the lessons you taught and I will continue to preach your gospel:

"Life is Great! Participate!"

"Spread the Love!"

and

"Let's Moto!!"

Despite yet another sleepless night, I have finally managed to dredge up enough courage to creep to the gaping chasm that has been blasted out of the landscape of my heart. As I tremulously peer down over this crevasse's ragged edge and down into the depths of its darkness and then across at the breadth of its vastness . . . I know there could be no bridge to take me across.

No, I must make the long journey around it, circumnavigating its entire scope to reach the other side where hopefully I may find peace again one day. It will be a long journey, but the beautiful scenery of the memories and the laughter--oh God . . . the laughter . . . will fill my tank and ease the long miles of this arduous ride--the longest and hardest challenge I've attempted to date.

Now I will always be riding with Gleno as my co-pilot, my pillion--or better phrased: "my bee-yotch" . . . as that would make him laugh and we both really need a laugh right now. It was how he faced every challenge and indeed every day. He is no doubt looking down on us, on our unfathomable pain, but as he is dealing with his own loss of his family and friends . . . you know he's cracking a joke to St. Peter and he's laughing his ass off through his tears. I'm tryin' to do the same my brother, but you were always so much better at that than I was. Right now my vision is grotesquely distorted from the cascades of water that spring unbidden and uncontrollably from my eyes when I think of you. When I think of how I'll never be able to hug you again, or laugh in spite of myself, or chase you through Capitol Reef, Sweeper Madness, or up to Panamint.

I have tried to learn the lessons you taught and I will continue to preach your gospel:

"Life is Great! Participate!"

"Spread the Love!"

and

"Let's Moto!!"

...aWESOME, jAMIE...thank you

While I didn't know Gleno; his humor and energy were an inspiration and always brought a smile. God speed to Gleno and his family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I cannot say that i met Gleno at any time, but i know his posts on this site.

I am saddened by his passing, Nando please pass my condolences on to his wife and son.

Can't believe this news, Gleno was a Super Hero, larger than life.

First time I have ever teared up over the loss of someone I never met.

Godspeed Brother.

Gleno owes me $5.00 still. He was the looniest hooniest son of a bitch I ever met, and I would have done just about anything the lunatic would have asked me to do. I swear on anything holy, I will spend every day of my life doing what Gleno did.....LIVE. We all should take that lesson.

I will be there for the memorial. I will be there in Torrey in May, and the only reason I won't be is if I am riding with that bastage who I love as much today as I did before finding out he ducked out of this realm.

I want my $5.00

Tom

It was only today that I first read the sad news of Gleno’s passing, and it’s with a heavy heart and many tears that I try to express how sad I am.

I will always remember the first time I met Gleno in Death Valley, 2003 as well the last time I saw and hugged him in Pahrump just one month ago.

I, like so many, am so fortunate to have had Gleno in my life and to have been able to call him my friend, he will be surely missed by everyone that ever met him and by those that didn’t have the opportunity. He will be with us forever.

My condolences go out to Teri and the rest of his family.

I love you Glen, and may God bless you.

Rodger & Sue

Copied from Gleno's SinCitySportbikes site:

FYI, Gleno's family wishes that in lieu of flowers, that we donate blood to our respective, local blood banks in the name of Mike Dawes. Mike is a Las Vegas rider who suffered serious injuries after a truck lost its load in front of him. The thread on the our site is here:

http://www.scsportbikes.com/smf/index.php?topic=6578.msg66220#msg66220

Ironically enough, Gleno was rallying the local riders here at our Two Wheel Tuesday gettogether last night in regards to this blood drive. One of his many acts in support of others. Thanks for your support.

The injured rider's son, Justin, posted a few lines below Gleno and goes by "MustMoto".

It figures that trying to help another rider would be one of his last acts, as it was such a large part of who he was for any and all of us at any given time.

I'm still waiting to take a deep breath myself. This is something I never imagined I'd be going through--right now, in this way--and it is so much harder than I thought. bncry.gif

Many of us only get together on rare occasions and to celebrate that reunion we embrace in a warm and sincere hug. I really wanted to hug Gleno many more times. I am proud to call him a friend. I will think of him often and miss him dearly. I am not a religious person, but I know Gleno is up there cracking jokes and cookin’ ribs.

809249-Unrally1a.jpg.a8c5d60ee91a2ae241d662ea653e4c5e.jpg

This is truly sad news. I had the pleasure of briefly meeting Gleno at DVD 2006. Well actually, I heard him first...then I walked into the dining room at the Longstreet and saw him. He was cutting up & having a good time. Most importantly....he was surrounded by his friends (the members of this board) and creating good times and memories for all. He will be sadly missed!

SO, So sorry to hear this news - I have lost a friend even though he was someone I never met. I will miss him greatly. Godspeed Gleno......

Gleno was the goofy jackass who was friendly at first meeting.

After letting the news settle for 24 hours, I finally found a few words.

For our honeymoon 5 years ago blush.gif Spike and I planned a coast-to-coast trip on our '00 RT. Because Route 50 is Main Street in Gunnison CO, we planned the trip around the dates for the very first unrally. The first day of Unrally, we left our hotel in Pueblo and headed over the mountains, and were in Gunny by lunchtime. We stopped at a fast food joint, and Gleno pulled up about 10 minutes later. I took a picture of him (I'll try to post it this weekend). He was every thing in person that you could possibly imagine from his postings on this board. I won't speak for Spike, but Gleno was the first and most memorable BMWRT person I encountered on that trip.

He truely was a lovable goofy jackass. I never got to see him again in person, but I am going to miss him. We were thinking about trying to do Unrally last year (sans bikes), and now I'm really sorry that we didn't get it done.

Currently traveling overseas to Korea, but a member of our family caught up to me and passed the horrible news. Thank you Howard, I appreciate you thinking of me because I always want to know when something happens to one of our family. And now something terrible has happened to that crazy "Uncle" we all loved so much.

Part of me feels stupid for trying to put anything into words as the tears role down my face. But I am so far from home and have no one to talk to. So, with my apologies to Gleno and his family:

My first reaction was of disbelief. I put it out of my mind and went to the gym. But I could not keep it there. I wanted to stay off this site because I knew it would make me sad. But here I am, and for the last hour or so I have been reading the post and remembering my own conversations with Gleno. Some thoughts that come to my mind:

- He KNEW his BBQ'd ribs were better than mine even though he never tasted mine. tongue.gif

- For me he was not larger than life - he just enjoyed it so much more than most.

- No one laughed harder at watching over and over again the Wheelie Gone Bad Video at Death Valley Days than Gleno.

- He loved his family more than they will ever know (and I am sure they know). Our last conversation was at the Torrey where several accidents occured enroute. I had witnessed a rather bad one, and Gleno, as always, as some very deep words of wisdom. (thanks Uncle G.) And as we talked he mentioned over and over the love of riding, but it always came back to the love of his family. My heart is ripped apart as I sit here and recall the talk of his grand baby and how important it was that he was there. That he didn't want anything to take that away.

- Jamie and I did not steal any pieces of BBQ'd tri-tip. We only checked to make sure that it was cooked properly! wink.gif

- Riding is not a sport or a hobby. To truly ride and know what it means, is to endorse it as a way of life. smile.gif

- I finally realize that photo he posted was not him, it was Rossi or someone like that. dopeslap.gif

My real uncle died this year - he was for me my dad. He filled a void my real dad never did. Now my crazy riding uncle has passed away. My heart is broken - but as with all things this will pass. And the next time I go for a really good ride I will remember Gleno and how he touched everyone he met.

To Teri and his family - I know he is looking down on you and smiling - for he loved you so. God Bless - FirstShirt.

$%!

Never met the cat. Enjoyed getting to know him online. Crying now over the great loss expressed in this thread by all of you.

Gonna try to make this Sunday.

bncry.gif

-Eff

As a member of the DB since early 2001, I only knew Glen through his many posts and those of others.

I'm sorry to hear this and my thoughts are with his family and those of y'all who knew this fine man personally.

I am a new member on the this board, but I watched for two years and have always enjoyed Gleno’s posts and comments. When I finally joined last week, Gleno was one of the first to welcome me aboard with one of his good natured jabs. I am truly sorry that I will never meet this man. bncry.gif

I only knew Gleno through stories from my family, as well as the occasional video or picture.

My deepest condolences to his family and to all of you who consider him your own family.

I will certainly miss hearing the latest Gleno stories after every trip or rally.

I never knew Gleno, but his style on the board was unmistakable. He obviously was someone who lived large. We aren't often blessed with such folks and their loss is all the more bitter. So sorry I'll never have the chance to meet him. Godspeed Gleno and my heartfelt sympathies to your family.

Dave

Words don't say it, but something must be said.

Dammit -- I was looking forward to meeting you in person at one of the rallys!

Godspeed and farewell, condolences to the family, love to all.

I didn’t have time to read through all the posts so I hope I’m not duplicating anything here. If I am I apologize.

Over the years, as I have lost nearly all my close relatives, people have offered some wisdom that I found comfort in. I’d like to pass some of it on in the hope that it helps somehow.

When ever our lives are touched by another we carry a part of that person with us for the rest of our lives. Those of us who met Glenno and even those who have just read his posts or PM’ed with him have been touched by him. A part of Glenno lives on in our hearts and memories and nobody is ever really gone as long as someone remembers them.

As hurtful as this news is to so many of us, I would like to ask that we all try not to let our grief at the loss keep us from celebrating that we had the good fortune to know such a man. For Glenn McIntosh was a very special man, the sort of man many never get a chance to know. Those of us who did know him are better for it. So please, don’t dwell on the sadness of his passing. Remember the man he was and what he meant to you. I’m not saying don’t mourn him, just please don’t stop or get stuck there.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go let these tears run for a while.

Don Kramber

I am sorry to hear this news of Gleno. I don't recall meeting him, but (as is true for many on this site) I read and learned from him.

May he rest in peace (which, is to say, throttle-up that big liter-bike in the sky).

Condolences,

I only met Gleno once, but I know he is legendary. He will certainly leave behind many fine friends and loved ones. I hardly know Gleno, but I feel a sense of loss. Your memories will keep Gleno with us.

I found this news article on the Las Vegas Review...

BOULDER CITY ACCIDENT

Collision with minivan kills motorcyclist

A 45-year-old Boulder City man was killed just after 9 p.m. Tuesday when the motorcycle he was driving collided with a minivan on American Pacific Drive, just west of Gibson Road, Henderson police said.

The man was identified as Glen Earl McIntosh by the Clark County coroner's office.

McIntosh was heading east on American Pacific when a minivan exited from a private driveway and tried to cross American Pacific to head west, police said.

McIntosh could not stop in time and slammed into the minivan, police said. He was wearing a helmet.

McIntosh was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The minivan was driven by Elizabeth Faiman, 43, of Henderson, police said. She volunteered to take a blood test. No citation or arrest was made.

The accident is the third traffic-related fatality in Henderson this year.

Willie

Like everyone, I feel a real loss. Just by reading his posts, even without meeting him, I could feel him generating a sense of fun, and sharing that fun.

Reading the newspaper story a few posts above, and viewing the site in an aerial photo, the accident seems like it could just happen to anybody.

..... The true measure of a man is the people who love him, and by that measure Gleno was a giant.

My breaking heart goes out to Terri, please know that I stand beside you in your time of sorrow, and I will forever miss my brother Gleno.

Amen!!

I just saw something about services in "Ride Planning..." and had to PM Leslie to get info.

I am stunned and in disbelief. bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

I just received the terrible news from Kris today. I've been away from this community for quite some time but I hold dear many fine memories from the early days ... "Riding to Redmond", the first Torrey, the first Tech Daze. I met many inspirational people brought together by the love of riding and, at the time, riding BMW R1100RTs. I remember Cary's enthusiasm, Kris's spirit, Dick's leadership, Tommy's teaching, Fernando's eloquence ... and Gleno's heart. The man had boundless love to share ... and share he did. Even with too many years separating us, I can still see his smile, still feel the love and still recall why he is the man that I wish I could be! I hope to make it to the service this weekend to celebrate his life and to witness the number of lives this one amazing man has touched.

Gleno ... I have missed you and will miss you forever. Your spirit will live on in our hearts and memories!

Jim

I feel for Gleno's family. What a great loss.

This board--a community--has also suffered a dear loss.

I never met him. Lulled with the vague sense that I would one day meet him [and other interesting folks on this board], I ignored time and chance.

God, please keep a sunlit ribbon of road for such a spirit.

Aww crap. Never met the legend. Not a damn thing to say.

Wrap your arms around the ones you love at every opportunity.

Love to the family.

I'm sure he's doing wheelies...

RIP Gleno

So sorry to hear this.

I met him in Torrey a few years back.

A very likeable guy with a big personality.

What a shocker. Let's tip one back to a guy that liked to live large.

God Speed Gleno!

I haven't been participating on the board lately and just heard the awful news on Advrider. Godspeed, Gleno - although I never met him in person, we both participated in some great discussions here and I could tell that he embraced life to its fullest. A tragic loss - my condolences to his family and I hope he is doing wheelies in heaven right now.

Now that it's sunk in I would like to offer this to everyone and especially to Teri and Gleno's family...it is an old Michoh Indian Prayer :

Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glint on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning hush.

I am the swift, uplifting rush, of quiet birds in encircled flight.

I am the stars that shine at night

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there. I did not die

God speed Gleno.

That is the most fitting and inspirational post I have read today - I've had tears in my eyes all morning, but I feel so much better after reading this - thank you.

I haven't been participating on the board lately and just heard the awful news on Advrider.

It seems like there isn't a motorcycling web board on the internet where Gleno wasn't well known and loved enough that his passing didn't require comment.

It seems like there isn't a motorcycling web board on the internet where Gleno wasn't well known and loved enough that his passing didn't require comment.

I'm not surprised... Not even a little bit bncry.gif

Have been offline all week due to a trial and didn't know anything about this until received a PM from Laney on a completely different subject ... confused.gif

Never had the pleasure of meeting Gleno, but had the distinct pleasure of enjoying his posts ... so sad and such a terrible loss.

My thoughts and prayers to his friends and family.

bncry.gif

I did not see this post until today...and all I can say is I am STUNNED and greatly sadend.

The first time I layed eyes on Gleno was at the old Greek Resturant in Baker. Richard, Tank, Barry and I were sitting inside eating when I noticed a guy ride up on a sport bike bobbing his head to the beat of some music, I leaned over to Richard said it must be some young kid and he said "No thats just Gleno". Later that night (at the DVD get together) I had the honor of seeing Gleno in full character...and let me tell you he was a character!!

You could tell he was full of life. My only regret was that I wish I could have talked to him a little longer.

I was fortunate enough to be able to sitdown and have breakfast with Gleno and a few others at the Saddle West Casino before I left DVD to head home.

For a guy who I met only once it is hurting me big time to know that he is gone. I will miss him.

My Prayers and thougts go out to Gleno's family

Rob

OK, I admit I haven't waded through all 17 pages of this thread. It's difficult enough just to keep up with new posts here and in the Remembrance and Tribute threads. eek.gif

Does anyone have any more details about what actually happened? If it is posted here somewhere, can you point me to it, please?

russell_bynum
OK, I admit I haven't waded through all 17 pages of this thread. It's difficult enough just to keep up with new posts here and in the Remembrance and Tribute threads. eek.gif

Does anyone have any more details about what actually happened? If it is posted here somewhere, can you point me to it, please?

From the Las Vegas Review:

BOULDER CITY ACCIDENT

Collision with minivan kills motorcyclist

A 45-year-old Boulder City man was killed just after 9 p.m. Tuesday when the motorcycle he was driving collided with a minivan on American Pacific Drive, just west of Gibson Road, Henderson police said.

The man was identified as Glen Earl McIntosh by the Clark County coroner's office.

McIntosh was heading east on American Pacific when a minivan exited from a private driveway and tried to cross American Pacific to head west, police said.

McIntosh could not stop in time and slammed into the minivan, police said. He was wearing a helmet.

McIntosh was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The minivan was driven by Elizabeth Faiman, 43, of Henderson, police said. She volunteered to take a blood test. No citation or arrest was made.

The accident is the third traffic-related fatality in Henderson this year.

Archived