IGNORED

Glen McIntosh R.I.P.

EffBee

Wow,

This is really sad.

I haven't the pleasure of meeting Glen in person but always enjoy his posts. He seemed like a really nice man.

Condelensces to the family.

Hai

With the cold winter in the Northeast, I frequent this forum less often so as not to be reminded how much fun others are still having on their bikes.

So I just got the news. But as a member of this community, I join in and try to understand what has happened to such a popular man. As many others, I never met Gleno, but I too have laughed, objected and applauded his many contributions in both his written words and real life interactions with so many here.

He will be greatly missed is a mild understatement, and my heart goes out to his family who has to continue on without him.

I just logged on, after an extended absence, to discover a friend gone. The positive is I now have a friend in heaven to reach down when I need it. The downside is feeling in Hell. I have been blessed to make a few significant friends on this BBS who have guided me over the years. Glen was one of them. We never met face-to-face so I never saw him, but I felt his love and concern when I needed it. Glen and I were always going to meet when I could manage riding again; I kick myself that we never did. All those times I was in Salt Lake, I could have driven a car down to Nevada and hugged him in person. I now have another “should have” I must live with – simply too many in my life. Glen and I took turns good-naturedly teasing in our Emails. I always knew that Glen was faster, stronger, badder, and smarter than me, but that is what and who you associate with when you want to be better. There was a part of Glen that I admired, but a part that also scared me; Glen scared himself sometimes too. I shall never recall all we wrote about, but the love and closeness I felt for Glen helping me will never fade. I pray that some day I can transition to where I can smile and laugh remembering our association and sharing it with others. Right now that is just too hard. Crying is good because I can grieve and water down the hurt. Glen and I wrote much about him being a grandpa. To him, it was almost inconceivable that he was getting older, but he welcomed it with open arms and relished that responsibility and his commitment to be the best grandpa that ever lived. Glen’s legacy lives in all of us. May we step forward to love, live, share, and be there for others as he was for me and for us. Glen would expect nothing less. He truly set the standard and was loved by many. If blessings are measured in toys, then we will find Glen with the biggest pile of them -- but ever ready to share any and all he has with friends. God just gained an angel He can trust to fix the universe.

With much love and many tears in memory of my wonderful friend,

Bob

I just found this out today on the FJR Form.

I have never met Gleno, however from his posts on this Form and things I have read about him I feel like I have known him.

It is always sad to hear of someone getting killed in a motorcycle accident but when it happens to someone that is as good a rider as Gleno was, it sure makes you think.

Ride safe everyone, I'm sure Gleno would want you to.

Darn. My condolences to the family and friends. Have never met Gleno besides his postings and stories and pictures, and remember him as another 'friend' from the board. Been thinking about those things I remember of him. A shame guys, such a senseless death, another riding accident by a cager's moment of inattention...

Been visiting the board so little I just found out. And as often, the reaction from the board is amazing, so supportive and so much of a community. My admiration to all for that.

Juan Miguel Venturello

• 1 month later...

I've been spotty in reading the forum and only today learned of Gleno's passing when I was confused by the posting about Terri holding his BBQ.

I'm very saddened by this news. I met him last fall at Torrey when he was genuinely welcoming and kind to me as a first-timer; even though we only spoke for a few minutes, I feel like I knew him. Very very sorry to learn of this.

Requiesqat In Pace.

I know I'm new here as many other are too. Your pal Glen sounds like he was one heck of a guy.

My sympathy to family and friends.

Archived