IGNORED

Glen McIntosh R.I.P.

EffBee

I too am in complete shock. My condolences to Terry. He was one that you felt privileged to know and ride with. I can't believe I'm sitting here writing this. Well, he's probably on a great ride somewhere in a great place and he never has to stop. God speed, Gleno.

A great disturbance in the Force.

His passing will leave a vacuum that can never be filled.

bncry.gif

I don't know about the rest of you, but it's BBQ/Grilling Time at tallman's tonight.

I'll never be as good as Gleno, but I'll remember him every time I fire up the grill. cool.gif

NO NO NO NO NO NO. Please somebody tell me this isn't real. He sent me a PM yesterday about having woken up at 2:30AM and was exhausted. But he said he still had a ride later with a local group. Oh, dear God. I can't think. No.

A terrible, horrible piece of news. Not only for his family in here, but for his family out there, grandkids and all. This place will never be the same, and it now and forever will be nowhere near as fun as it was when Gleno serenaded us all with his good humor.

Condolences to his family, and to all of you here who knew him more intimately than I did.

A very, very sad day.

The only face time I ever spent with him was at Tech Daze Prime at his house back in Sept. of 2001. I kept wanting to visit more with him, but made do with board contact. Now . . . ahhhh, hell!

When some people go, it leaves no more of a hole than pulling your finger out of a glass of water does. But this!? This leaves a great, big one in my mind.

Kent

We are stunned. Our heartfelt condolences to Teri and her family.

God speed Gleno, brother man. Look down on us as we try to carry on.

John and Linda

The only way I ever met Gleno was thru his wonderful postings and the tales everyone had of him. I felt that he was a friend thru those postings. Sad; Terrible news. I can hardly get thru writing this.

russell_bynum

no.

I'm so utterly stunned, I don't know what to say. Gleno had the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met.

What a terrible loss.

bncry.gif

I'm at a loss for words. Terrible news, a tremendous loss.

Gleno, my thoughts and prayers are with your family, and I'm grateful for having the opportunity to have met you.

26445.jpg

I found myself in a state of disbelief when I received the phone call this morning at 6:00am from Greg (Limecreek) telling me the sad news.I am deeply saddened. Rest in peace my friend.

That is stunning news. Gleno was one of a kind - the best.

Condolences to Teri, their families.

Godspeed Gleno. Even though is was for just a few events, it was our good fortune to know you. bncry.gif

We all go at sometime....But now...and does it have to hurt so much...Peace be with you and your family.

We never met... we never spoke...but we understood your heart...

Stunned, saddened.

How to put once feeling into words. And this is a man I've only known per this DB.

You will be missed. Rest in Peace

"Gleno Memorial UN" in 2007? Fernando?

Jurgen

I can't even process this information. Gleno, you'll be missed more than you can possibly know. Thank you so much for being such a presence in my life since that very first tech daze at your place. You'll have a place in our hearts forever.

--sam

Like many others I have only known Gleno through this DB, his character shone through the medium and his humour has lifted my spirits from thousands of miles away. I am saddened that I shall never meet him.

My thoughts are with Terri and Glenos family.

Andy bncry.gif

Whenever I hear the name, Gleno, the word "generous" comes to mind. He lived with gusto and abandon. The original Hoon. Most of us would have to confess we admired that in him. Always with a laugh. Always with a helping hand. Always giving far more than he took. I see now that you all noticed too. It’s difficult even to breath. We weep . . . .

Somebody pinch me - this is a bad dream...

Or tell me it's an early (and vicious) April Fool's joke?

Anyone??

Damn. frown.gif

The board (and world) have lost a bizzarre and unique individual. The guy was definitely whacko - and that's a good thing. The best.

RIP dude - we'll miss ya. The board will be a quieter place without. ::sniff::

And with Gleno gone - who's gonna call dibs on the salvage?!

G

As so many of you have stated before me, I only knew him through this DB, and his presence will be sorely missed! bncry.gif

Heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family Gleno!

May you ride through the sweeping clouds above with the bluest of skies to brighten your way..... thumbsup.gif

I will keep this brief since like others I simply don't have the words. I'm posting from Glen and Terri's. She appreciates the love and support shes receiving. For right now things are handled. When we know when and where the services are we'll post them.

Short version of what happened is Gleno was returning home last night from dinner with some of his local Sin City Sport Bikes crew. He was "taking it easy" riding the speed limit when a minivan blew a stop sign and pulled directly in front of him. Gleno was unable to avoid the van and hit it broadside.

I'm still in shock and don't know when this will really sink in.

Yesterday ended with me sending a pm to Gleno.

Today began with Joel telling me that Gleno is gone.

I am sad. I am sad for all of us.

You will be missed. Rest in Peace

"Gleno Memorial UN" in 2007? Fernando?

I'm sure something will be done. It's just sooo early and the pain so deep and new. Besides, it's not my place to make any such decision. I'm sure, however, that we will have a remembrance of some sort in Torrey. He loved that place and he would still want everyone to show up and have a good time. If you know anything about Glen, know that.

But beyond anything we do as a group, each of us has a Gleno story or two. And those who never met him or weren't the recipient of his generosity, still have a favorite thread, or comment, or something that let you see the humor, love and passion in the man. And through that, we will always be connected to him, and to each other.

Ultimately, somewhere down the road, each of us, in our own way, will make peace with his passing.

It's always tragic when this happens, but hits home harder when it's someone you are familiar with. I met Glen briefly at Fall Torrey 2005, seemed like a nice fella, and had that sense of humor that is uniquely his. I always enjoyed reading his stuff on the board and hoped to get a taste of his BBQ one day.

My prayers are with his family now, and while some may disagree, the driver of that van could probably use a prayer too.

bncry.gif

I got the call afew minutes ago from Phil (1BMWfan).

I can't put into words how the shock of such news shook me to the core. I was teary eyed but still able to read the posts until I came across yours Greg.

Knowing you and your love of being emoticon free sent me into a seizure of sobbing and tears.

I was so lucky to be able to spend a lot of time with Gleno over the years. Last month we shared a private drink or two in my room for a while on Friday night. He talked of the love he had seen on this board, but he wanted to talk about the love that happened on my 50CC. He made it clear that he has been here since before it really had any members, but he had never seen anything like my December ride. He was so proud of all of you. He loved us "because we weren't like family, we were family."

By the way, he was the first person to call on my 500CC.

I think of how proud I was to have him tell me in front of a group once, "You know Jackass, I've only been embarrassed three times in my life, and you were the reason twice." My mission within minutes of meeting Gleno was to make him laugh first, and embarrass him.

Teri, I can't imagine how much pain you must feel, but please know how many people he touched with the boundless love he spread among "his people."

Gleno:

RIP and Godspeed. I know your knee is down and those curves will never end. And in the straghtaways: wheelie all you like now, it will be a soft landing no matter how big a "jackass" you try to be.

You touched such an incredible amount of people in a such incredibly positive ways. The love you spread will grow and be payed forward. The motorcycling community, although sad for our loss, will be so much greater for your contributions to us.

Thank you Gleno.

I never met the man nor any of you here on the forum yet my heart goes out to his family and to all of you who have so obviously been touched by him.

I have no words just a stream of tears I refuse to hold back.

track_day150.gif

gleno8.jpg

icy_hot_stunna-ese.jpg

Wheelie.jpg

DSCN4430.jpg

wheelie.gif

Endless wheelies my brother!

***MODERATOR EDIT:*** added carriage returns between images to reduce total width.

OHHH NOOOO !!!

Those were my first out loud words.

Gleno was one of the westerners I really wanted to meet.

I was just beginning to feel like I already knew him.

I thoroughly enjoyed his posts, his responses, his constant bashing of the "Little Guy". ( You know who you are).

I send my sincerest sympathies & condolences to his family, & to all the friends he has here.

I'll miss him. bncry.gif

Godspeed, Gleno

Life is a test. And with Gleno's charity, generosity, and love for all mankind, he definitely passed the test with flying colors.

Gleno, keep spreading the love.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Crap! I remember Gleno from the early days of the board, when our numbers were less than 1000! During a ride joining the SoCal clan in April 2001 (02?) I snapped a throttle cable 60 miles north of Vegas. I finally found his number through a series of other folks and he said that normally, he'd drive out and rescue me, but he had another fellow working in his garage that day. It also turned out that it was his wedding anniversary, but he didn't tell me that until the end of the day. So here we are on a Sunday, him telling me how to fix my bike, and rerouting me back home. I offered dinner for him and his wife as thanks, which is when he said that he better do the good-husband thing.

Great guy...BIG heart. I met him just that once and will forever miss him. Rest in Peace Gleno. bncry.gif

I've been on a business trip, so I am only now hearing the news. I am shocked and trembling as I type through my tears. my "Uncle Gleno"...dear God. Can't type any more now...

I only just met Gleno at the last Torrey. I had read all the joking and kidding given by Gleno and received by Gleno on this site. It was no surprise after meeting him that he was full of fun and laughter.

He will be missed. God speed and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I signed up on here to let Gleno's BMW family know this news, and I already find a 10+ page outpouring of warmth and love. I've been lucky enough to be Gleno's friend and right-hand man in our club, Sin City Sportbikes, where Gleno was the President. He will be sorely missed.

glenoIMG_0103.jpg

Sad , very sad . Never met the man , but it's obvious by the comments posted that he was greatly admired by many people .

My condolences to Teri and family .

Steve

Archived