IGNORED

Glen McIntosh R.I.P.

EffBee

I would give ANYTHING not to have to post this. The news came to me at 1:01AM in a phone call from his loving wife, Teri. It's a phone call no one wants to get. I called Leslie. I'm posting here.

Glen McIntosh (Gleno) my great friend, OUR great friend, passed away this evening in a motorcycle accident. I have no details other than I heard the words, "someone pulled out in front of him." I don't know when on Tuesday evening it happened.

My head is spinning and my heart is pounding. The tears are starting to come. And they will and they should. No bigger heart was there among us.

Godspeed, my brother. Godspeed.

"All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated...As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come: so this bell calls us all: but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this sickness....No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

-- John Donne

bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

I am stunned to say the least. Like Fernando, my tears have only started to well up. My heart hasn't felt the full impact of what my mind can't wrap itself around just yet.

I'm well aware that we never know when our time is up but Gleno? Now? We've become exceedingly close over the last few years. We shared laughter and tears in Gleno sized portions. He let me deep into his heart and I opened mine to him. I'm glad I did. Now I have that place in there that will forever be home to one of life's great spirits.

Adios my Friend.

bncry.gif

Damn.

When Marty was here in Germany, he told me all about Gleno. He was one of the members here I really wanted to meet. I am saddened I will never have that opportunity.

Godspeed Glen

My thought and prayers out to Glens family and friends.

In late August 2001 I recieved a call from this guy named Gleno the day I learned my brother died from cancer. He wanted to thank me for sending cigars to him and the crew of the Original Tech Daze. The call morphed into a discussion of life's philosophies, and I was amazed at the depth and warmth that came through that phone line. He had my spirits soaring. Up until that point, I never met him in person, but knew I just had to, and soon. We did, and life has been so much brighter, or shall I say "more gooder" since. The true measure of a man is the people who love him, and by that measure Gleno was a giant.

My breaking heart goes out to Terri, please know that I stand beside you in your time of sorrow, and I will forever miss my brother Gleno.

128148581-M.jpg

Unbelievable... I had to read your post twice, Fernando. Condolences to the family and rest in peace, Gleno. You'll be missed more than you could know.

Mike O

i dON'T kNOW what to say - I am numb...

I will post at some point when my thoughts are gathered and I can think without tears.

I am in disbelief...

Shock, tears and sadness, my instant reaction this morning as I opened this site. Gleno, as I understood him from afar, having met him once, lived and loved life. He savored the complexity of it and lived it simply with a passion.

God rest his soul and may his spirit live on, we will miss him.

Lone_RT_rider

I am usually incredibly good at needing a foot extraction when I try to comment on these things...so... rest in peace my friend.... you have enriched everyones lives. bncry.gif

Shawn

I had the wonderful oppurtunity to meet Gleno on two occassions and all I can say is that he was every bit of the legend this board had made of him. This man had incredible depth and such a wonderful outlook on life.

My condolences go out to every person on this board as well as his family and friends.

We truly lost THE best contributor this board has ever seen. And I feel quite privelidged to have met this man.

Life is like a box of chocolates.......

Lets_Play_Two

"Death brings with it a new way to look at life. It brings the birth of a new adventure not only for the departed, but also for the living."

Begin the Adventure in Peace.

This is such stunning, terrible, unbelievable, nightmarish news. frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Our deepest sympathies to Gleno's family, for whom you could feel his love through his posts about them.

We've lost a unique character. Selfishly, I'm sad that I'll never have the chance to know him better.

Well, damn. We were going to have dinner in a few weeks. What you'll do to get out of paying, Gleno. smile.gif

You pretty much did everything with mucho gusto, as they say, and dying like this, well, I just don't know what to say.

You are a goofy bastard, and you know I'd say that to your face. I think you thought of me as an older brother even though I'm younger, and that's how it was between us. You were either laughing at me, making me laugh at you, or yelling at me for telling you the truth.

I'm going to miss your near-the-edge-of-acceptable smartassness and fragile soft soul wrapped in a crusty exterior. I know you'd have done anything for me if I really needed it, and I'd have done the same for you.

Rest in peace. You deserve some of it. I'll miss you, bro.

gleno1.jpg

gleno2.jpg

Mere words can not express what I felt this morning when Shawn called me with the news. I was shocked, no... stunned to say the least. The tears wont stop.

Gleno always knew how to bring a smile to my face or just make me laugh. He made everyone feel like family, even if he was meeting you for the first time.

Just knowing that he will no longer be around to bless us with his wonderful personality makes my heart ache. He was definitely one of a kind.

I will miss you my friend.

I would give ANYTHING not to be reading this. bncry.gif

Offering condolences doesn't even begin to express... I need to go be alone for a while.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Nothing profound for me to offer here; too stunned. I had very little face time with him, but somehow I feel like I knew him very well. I was very much looking forward to seeing him in Torrey again this spring; it won't be the same there without him.

Terrible news, Gleno was a great guy, so much more than the noisy personality he often showed us. A man with genuine feeling for his fellow man and of course especially fellow motorcyclists. His sport riding club was a worthy attempt to spread what he had learned from his own experiences and show people the fun of riding without the need for extremism. He turned up at my house one day last year to rescue a downed bike and it was clear that he was shocked and upset by the incident to one of his crew. A generous and funny man, I'll miss him.

I am so sorry that this has happened to one of the best friends I've ever had the pleasure to know and call my brother. I am going to miss him so much. bncry.gif

Please please say this a joke ... because I'm not ready to believe he's really gone ... bncry.gif

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

oh my goodness.

I'm so sad to hear this.

He is one of the better MEN I've met in my life. A friend to all, generous with his spirit and love, knowledgible of the ways of the world, tatted up, smoking, living, breathing, doing and the distributor of one of the best motto's I recall.

Life is Great! Participate!

He most certainly did.

Godspeed Gleno, I will miss you but will continue to think about you on my drives on he bike and how your spirit for life was not bounded by the limits we place around ourselves.

Horrible news. This is not the kind of news anyone wants to read when logging into BMWST first thing in the morning…

My most sincere condolences to Teri.

FLIronButtRider

I can't even begin to describe how upsetting this is. I only met Gleno in person once a few years back but we spent quite a bit of time talking and while I normally don't like people, he is one of the few that I considered a genuinely good person. I will miss him dearly and be praying for Teri.

Hard to know what to say after I read this. I'm so saddened. My condolences to Teri and his entire family and to everyone else who knew Gleno. He was truly "One of a Kind". RIP Bro.

To say Good bye to someone I've never met, and have such a wonderous feeling of loss, well, RIP Gleno. Our thoughts are with your family and friends.

bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

I am utterly in shock to be reading this.

We met at Fall Torrey with the only way you can meet. A HUGE bear hug, a joke, and a firm handshake.

We have bantered on this board and had some uproarious PM's.

Hell, HOT Jamie even got his credit card maxed out with their phone calls!!!!!!! grin.gif

Teri, our deepest and sincerest condolences. Words can not even come close to expressing what a loss this is to the world, to you, and to your family.

Allow me to stand here alongside all of the brothers and sisters on this board to offer any and all support you may need at this time.

And, to say that we will honor his memory and never forget the one and only GMac.

We love you Gleno!!!

>>>>>> We NEED to come together and honor him with a ride!!!!! <<<<<<<<

I'm leaving in a few hours on another business trip and decided to check work email before heading to the airport.

I see a rare email from hANNAbONE and this one doesn't look like the humorous kind he usually sends. I click on the embedded link and see Fernando's post, my jaw dropped and I'm now sick to my stomach.

I don't know how many of you here have noticed but Glenno seemed to have stepped up his BMWST activity of late. I, for one, took great pleasure in reading his musings, rants, and general offerings.

The news of Glenno's demise has me in a very reflective mood. I'm now suddenly more aware of how fleeting life can be and my thoughts turn to Glenno's wife and my brothers and sisters here. I won't be on two wheels any time soon but for those who will.....my God, please be careful out there.

Unbelievable and very sad news. I never met him but someday wanted to. It was obvious he was a true character and a very good man. Condolences to his family.

I sat there checking my pm's for a response back from him last night. It never came.

We had developed a relationship in such a short time that I will miss so very much. Gleno , thank you so much for your humor, the laughs, and such fond memories that I will carry with me. Know that you were greatly loved and will be forever missed. bncry.gifbncry.gif

Philly called me this morning with the news and the air just went out of me! It's hard to believe we won't have Gleno to give us cause to laugh as we try to determine just what it was he just said-- or is that what he really said?

I'm really going to miss him and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to spend some time with him at the bar in Pahrump in January-

Godspeed Gleno, we are better for knowing you!

bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

Archived