IGNORED

Glen McIntosh R.I.P.

EffBee

This is truly sad and sickening news bncry.gif surely the sun will not shine as bright in the West now without the wattage Gleno provided.

As many have said Gleno's energy and free spirit (understatement ? wink.gif) truly made him a bigger than life character.

The first year I was into touring my big trip was going down to Gunninson I. Suffering delusions I could do "big miles per day" as many BMWST folk accomplish I hoped to first run out to the coast to see CA folks as part of the trip; I posted something about it and Glenno found my work number and called me "out of the blue" brimming with manic energy telling me to come on down, stay at their place, joing them for the ride to Gunnie etc. As it worked out it was all I could do to get down to Gunninson but it was a delight to meet him in person there and bask in the waves of energy and glee.

I found out today about 11:00 while on a ride. It was disconcerting to say the least. No words will express the loss we all feel. With that, rest in peace Gleno....

Like many here have expressed, I never personally met Gleno, but I feel like I knew of him. His posts were always unique, insightful and expressed an outlook on life that few ever reach. Those that met him came away a better person, knowing that in a pinch he would be there to offer whatever was necessary.

I hope that each of us takes a moment to realize that we don't hold all the cards and that we are not remembered for how much money or material possessions we have, but for what we leave with other people. Gleno had no inhibitions and we were all better because of that.

My prayers to Teri and the family. bncry.gif

My God. That is terrible to hear. frown.gif

My he rest in peace as I give him a moment of silence to which he surely deserves much more as I know he's had a great influence on the many people he has known.

frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

I am so sorry to hear this. Gleno was such a kick! My condolences to you Terri, I can't even imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. He was defintely one of a kind!

In shock here....

I and the Missus had the good fortune to meet Gleno at Pahrump this last month with the call across the bar of "Hey!!! What the HECK??" With that, the beginning of another friendship like so many of you had with a persona that was larger than life itself....

Teri- Unfortunately we haven't met you yet, but please know that our greatest condolences go out to you and the rest of the family.

We have all lost a special friend and brother...RIP Gleno bncry.gif

No...

I got the news from bONE this AM, and have just been reading the responses all day. I never had the pleasure of meeting Gleno in person, but as with others who never have met him...we ALL feel we know him (and his endless wit) through this board.

Barb's and my deepest condolences to Teri, and Gleno's family.

I WILL say this to all of the wonderful people I HAVE had the great fortune to meet from this board. I have NEVER heard anything bad from all those people when the subject of Gleno, or his wonderfully witty, humorous posts get brought up.

If all the people that I know here NEVER had a bad thing to say...well, what a great man Gleno must have been. And in the end, it is truly my loss to have never had a chance to shake his hand.

To all I know here, who have met Gleno, and call him their friend...

I grieve for you as well...

our deepest sympathy to all who are now hurting with this terrible news.

God bless you all.

bncry.gif

It is with heartfelt sadness and disbelief that I have followed this thread all day. I still don’t know what to say except that I am so sorry for all the pain felt by this tragedy. But,I am so touched by all the pure joy that Gleno obviously brought to so many evidenced by the amazing memories being shared by the friends that love him. He will be missed sorely but will live on through these memories.

My deepest condolences to Teri and family.

Calvin  (no socks)

I was looking forward to meeting him at the Spring Torrey..

It will be in a next life now.

Was feeling the love, now...feeling the pain.

Godbless him and his family.

Several years ago at a spring Torrey, A Big Man comes striding up to me and said Welcome Brother, my name is Glenno, whats yours. Always with a grin and a handshake.

Godspeed, my brother.

To his family... he will be missed.

There are several people here,whom I've never met, that I would also call friend. Some of you know who you are. Most don't.

Gleno was one of those.

Thing is, I didn't realize it till this morning, when I read that he was gone.

+1

Gleno was the goofy jackass who was friendly at first meeting.

In fact, I only met him once, at last year's Spring Torrey. I am very very saddened to hear he's gone. At first, I thought it was a joke, considering the way he's been posting these last few weeks. Then I reloaded the "other" forum, and... there were three stickies there about Gleno. Damn!

Thank you Gleno. Peace, and go rock the wheelies on the other side, where you won't get any road rash.

bncry.gif

I've known about Gleno since 6:56am this mornin when Limecreek called to tell me. I didn't log on to the board. I didn't want to see the words that confirmed what I had been told. I went to my destination in a fog and still haven't really come out of it. I have a feeling Gleno's passing is gonna change me. I don't know how or how much, but I won't be the same.

I want to help his family and his lovely grandkids.

Someone please tell what I can do.

Whip

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

A prayer for my brother and his family:

We give thanks to Thee for this thy servant, recalling all

in him that made others love him. We thank Thee for the good

and gracious influence in his home and training, for all the

goodness and truth that have passed from his life into the

lives of others and have made the world richer for this

presence.

We pray for those who's hearts are heaviest and who in this

moment need Thee more than ever. Support us all as the

shadows lengthen and the evening comes and the busy world is

hushed and the fever of life is over and our work is done.

Then in Thy mercy grant us a safe lodging and a Holy rest

and peace at last.

Amen

I met Gleno at Fall Torrey '03. I wanted to meet two people in particular on that trip, Gleno and Wurty. (I still need to meet Wurty.) I still remember him talking about riding UT-12 that weekend. Such energy and excitement.

Gleno lived life large. He touched and effected so many people. His energy and love were infectious. So much good passed from his life into the lives of others. He animated so many on this board to higher thoughts and greater accomplishments.

Farewell my Brother. You will be missed.

I want to help his family and his lovely grandkids.

Someone please tell what I can do.

Whip

For right now Terri and family are in good hands with their family and the local Sin City Sport Bikes group Gleno was also a part of. She appreciates the outpouring of love and requests to help I've been passing on to her from you guys.

Like you and many others here I also have that need to help out. As much for my own wellbeing as hers. If anything is wanted or needed she knows we're here for her and I'll let you know about it. But for the moment there really isn't anything.

Yeeha! Stephen

Yikes! Was just playing Gleno's ###'s game and now his number has come up.

Working the long shift today and Bro Byron from Dallas sent me a text with the news. So Sad bncry.gif

Thoughts and prayers for Gleno, family, and friends.

From sunrise to sunset, one of a very small group of people who lived life the way it should be lived.....Damn, G-man....It's going to lonely around here without you.

Our condolences for Terri & family.

Peace brother...

CF

I wanted to meet two people in particular on that trip, Gleno and Wurty. (I still need to meet Wurty.)

For anyone that has ever had a similar thought about someone else on this board, please come to Gleno's memorial. If more friendships like those that exist here today can be formed at his memorial, Gleno's legacy will only be that much greater. I can think of more opportune circumstances in which to meet new friends, but if I've learned anything from Gleno it is that you should never pass up an opportunity to gather with friends and enjoy the good times as well as the bad with them.

--sam

russell_bynum
I wanted to meet two people in particular on that trip, Gleno and Wurty. (I still need to meet Wurty.)

For anyone that has ever had a similar thought about someone else on this board, please come to Gleno's memorial. If more friendships like those that exist here today can be formed at his memorial, Gleno's legacy will only be that much greater. I can think of more opportune circumstances in which to meet new friends, but if I've learned anything from Gleno it is that you should never pass up an opportunity to gather with friends and enjoy the good times as well as the bad with them.

--sam

Absolutely.

Same goes for every gathering. If you've "Always wanted to meet _______ "...what's stopping you?

As Gleno said, "Life's great, Participate!"

I have no words. Only sadness for great person, and family man who loved life and spoke his mind.

On my next ride the first wheelie is for you Gleno... bncry.gif

R.I.P, for you stomped on the terra

Jeez....I leave for class for a few hours, and....return to this bncry.gif

I am so sorry bncry.gifbncry.gif

Blue skies Gleno. I wish your family peace, comfort and healing.

Gleno was a big guy who liked to live big. We all gained a lot from him, and we all lost a lot today.

Riding with the best now kind sir.

Rest in Peace, Gleno.

Though I never met him in the flesh, I feel as if I met him countless times through this DB. Always upbeat, and funny. There's now a void in the DB that won't be filled in the same way.

Hugs to his wife and family in these difficult times.

Peace.

Like everyone else here, and not nearly as much as some of you, I've had a difficult day. I wish there was some way I could help those in need, much because of the rellief it would give me. Early today I gave up on productivity and went home to think about life and how to go about it in the way our good friend Gleno did. I'm still coming to terms with all of that. I wish he was still here.

Memory of Gleno and his actions, which show his values, and the meaning of his life, are all so outstanding. Live life for it's sake, as much as possible, touching as many in as big a way as possible, and always on his own terms, no compromises.

I wish I could be the same. I wish . . .

I also wish I could attend his service this weekend. Unfortunately, I have obligations that prevent me from being there, from the healing friendship of being with those that love Gleno.

Please take care all of you. I don't think any of us can really handle any more trajedy right now.

Wish I had told Gleno how much he changed my outlook on life. From his hearty greeting at Redmond, to inviting me to Techdaze, and Torrey, etc., he was a great encourager.

When I first got my '98 RT, I planned on using it as a model/inspiration for motorcycle art. A sculpted image formed in my mind, but languished for years. After the '01 Techdaze, driving home up the moonlit incline overlooking Mono Lake, listening to Hannabone's CD, I realized what a special event we all had. It was like none other in my life. I also realized that Gleno was the figure to portray in my planned "sculpture". I took pictures of him, posing on his RT for me, at the next years fall Torrey.

It's time to dig those pictures out.

And Jake, thanks for the cigars you sent back then. I was the last to leave and Gleno split them up between me and Wurty. I remember Gleno cutting up an apple and placing a slice in a baggie with some cigars. I was new to the cigar scene, but he said it would keep them moist. Probably a month later, I took the package out of my tankbag. I didn't recognize the apple, but still enjoyed smoking them.

I'm going outside now to light a cigar to Gleno.

I've been trying all day to think of something to add and I just can't. All I have is a Gleno anecdote: he was responsible for my nickname on this DB. 'Cause every time I saw him or talked to him on the phone, he'd shout EEEEE-BEEEEE! and everybody picked up on it.

In one way or another, he left a little bit of Gleno in each of us that he touched.

ShovelStrokeEd

Words fail me.

I never met the man, I am simply stunned.

Terri, my heart goes out to you.

I cannot go on at the moment.

My name is Jon McIntosh. For those who dont know, im Glen's oldest son. I would just like to thank every person on here for your support. We are all hanging in there and all of your support is helping tremendously. As for my DAD he is every reason that our family has had a great life and he will always be with us, including our extended family which is all of you.

I LOVE YOU DAD

Although I only met Glen one time, I felt that he was a priceless individual, and then after following the threads that he would post, I knew that indeed he was. Goodby Gleno.

Jon, my heart goes out to you and your whole family.

I saw this announcement early yesterday morning. I didn’t know Glen, and I didn’t know what to say but like everyone else I was shocked, sobered and saddened. As a newcomer to this site, I certainly recognized him as “Gleno.” After reading all of the other comments and reflecting for a day, I think I know now what I want to say. There is tremendous amount of good spirited things posted about his man that we could take into our hearts and lessons from him and what others have said about him that we could apply to our lives. It is clear Glen was an important contributor to the riding community and this forum. Though I never met him, I know I should thank him for all he contributed to this board while living and since then because I will certainly benefit from it.

My condolences to his family and friends.

My name is Jon McIntosh. For those who dont know, im Glen's oldest son. I would just like to thank every person on here for your support. We are all hanging in there and all of your support is helping tremendously. As for my DAD he is every reason that our family has had a great life and he will always be with us, including our extended family which is all of you.

I LOVE YOU DAD

Jon,

I saw the news right after it was first posted yesterday..I've been unable to find the words to respond until now. I met your dad at Torrey last year and he made quite an impression. I'm not really sure if it was meeting him that that made an impact on me or just following his posts. Either way, I know he was a very unique person and very much a man who didn't need someone else to do his thinking for him. I sometimes feel like a minority here with my very conservative southern views but I know I had a buddy in your dad even though I did not know him well. I did not sleep much last night and can't stop thinking of this tragedy. I want you to know I am praying for you and your family and as I look at the pictures others have posted the tears stream down my face.. Your dad was loved by countless numbers here, myself included, and will never be forgotten. I have no reservations in speaking for many many others here that if there is EVER anything that you need or just someone to talk to you have many friends here..We are family.

Billy Hearnsberger

Joaquin, Tx.

936 269 - 3839

This is the worse news I have had to deal with for some time now. I never met Gleno face to face, but I have met him, laughed with him, laughed at him, been laughed at by him -- all through this board. It was obvious to me that this was an outstanding man and a great motorcyclist.

I will miss you greatly my brother. We'll carry on and try to continue the great work you began because we're so moved by the impact your presence has had on our lives. But we're hurting because we miss you so much. I miss you so much.

Be at peace, brother.

Archived