IGNORED

Spring Torrey.....Kick It Up???

Gleno

Lone_RT_rider
Something like that...Meeting Mitch in CO....:)

What happened to Lincoln, NE? dopeslap.gif

Sorry, I have tried over the years to block all thoughts of crossing NE on a motorcycle. crazy.gif

This has always been my favorite event and after 3 loooooong years it will be a sweet return for sure. It is like being on a 4 day spiritual high, even the crossing west Texas part. grin.gif

We are planning on an overnight in Cortes on Thursday. On Friday we'll head south on 160, pick up 163 north of Mexican Hat, ride up the Moki Dugway, and then to 276 for ferry ride and home to Torrey. No, I'm not excited at all.

We might have to leave a day earlier this time. thumbsup.gif

73806156.jpg

Looks like we WILL be there !!! My first time to go to Torrey! clap.gif It is only 605.4 miles from our driveway to the Chuck Wagon Motel.

Looking forward to Torrey takes a little of the sting away of missing the Spring TX Hill Country Ride.....BUT is there Bar-B-Que Brisket in Torrey?

It'll be great to see you there, Greg. And Eric - remember we were all gonna ride to Torrey together - hope you can make it !

You'll love it, PJ!

The place is heaven to ride (somebody take Steve and PJ on Sweeper Madness, OK? cool.gif). And if that's not enough, the cameraderie is second to none. And you have to get a Brinks burger and shake. And, since you've never been, get yourself down to Cafe Diablo for some gourmet fair. Make sure to stop by Al and Fernando's cabin, i.e., "the party cabin", and make your way down to Killer's place too (a nice walk, or have Bob chauffer you in the truck! thumbsup.gif ). Make sure to meet Randy, the owner of the Chuckwagon, as he is very much a part of our family now too! So many things...

AGH...I'm killing myself here! I want to go so bad!!!

To put it in perspective...my business trip is in Hawaii, and I'd much rather go to Torrey! thumbsup.gif

I just called the ChuckWagon for reservations - so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

SO wish you could be there, Lisa ! frown.gif

We'll try to squeeze in all the things on your list,though !

We'll just have to go back in the fall - so you can be there, too ! thumbsup.gif

I just called the ChuckWagon for reservations - so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.
Two things:

i) The Chuckwagon is almost certainly full for the weekend, it always is, but put yourself on the waiting list which usually gets down to #10 at least, make reservations elsewhere just in case.

b) I tried to find somebody at the CW today and it is deserted, they haven't been answering their phone recently, probably all gone to Mexico for a couple of weeks, or months.

Two things:

i) The Chuckwagon is almost certainly full for the weekend, it always is, but put yourself on the waiting list which usually gets down to #10 at least, make reservations elsewhere just in case.

b) I tried to find somebody at the CW today and it is deserted, they haven't been answering their phone recently, probably all gone to Mexico for a couple of weeks, or months.

Randy called me today, and I just got off the phone with Jamie a minute ago. They have an important request that I'll word, and post soon. Involves room reservations.

I think I am either in for Spring Torrey, or close to the top of the list at the Chuckwagon. Now Gleno has me wonderin.. I hate it when I forget important things like this!

dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

There's no reason I couldn't throw Lisa's RS on the trailer next to the Tuono and put the dirt bike in the bed of the truck. Then you could borrow Lisa's RS on Saturday.

Yes there is! Where the heck will I put my sidecar rig? grin.gif

--sam

On Friday we'll head south on 160, pick up 163 north of Mexican Hat, ride up the Moki Dugway, and then to 276 for ferry ride and home to Torrey.

You may want to check that the Ferry will be running before heading to it. I'm not sure about the last Torrey, but a few of the previous ones it was not running due to the low level of water in the lake.

As Killer mentioned, the CW is closed during the winter, but they are returning calls in the evenings for reservations. I got a returned call last night as I am setting up a family gathering in June. Plus I am one of the lucky ones that already has reservations for the BMWST gathering and I confirmed with them that I will DEFINITELY BE THERE. Can't wait!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Now I need to check out Killers page to let me know how many days till Torrey. thumbsup.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
On Friday we'll head south on 160, pick up 163 north of Mexican Hat, ride up the Moki Dugway, and then to 276 for ferry ride and home to Torrey.

You may want to check that the Ferry will be running before heading to it. I'm not sure about the last Torrey, but a few of the previous ones it was not running due to the low level of water in the lake.

When we were there in spring '04, the northern landing required you to ride across a couple hundred yards of very treacherous deep sand. Might be fun on a GS with semi-knobbly tires, but it was real dicey on an RT. Unless they've paved this (or replaced the sand with graded hardpack) since then, I would advise against taking a non-GS bike here.

Lone_RT_rider
When we were there in spring '04, the northern landing required you to ride across a couple hundred yards of very treacherous deep sand. Might be fun on a GS with semi-knobbly tires, but it was real dicey on an RT. Unless they've paved this (or replaced the sand with graded hardpack) since then, I would advise against taking a non-GS bike here.

Amen! The road after the exit ramp is no cake walk either. I burried the front end of my RT a few times in that mess and Rainy went down in it.....twice! It's a wonderful crossing, but not worth it if you have to pick up pieces of your bike.

Shawn

The ferry was running last year, unfortunately the reservoir has continued to rise wiping out many of the recovering side canyons.

"The canyonlands did have a heart, a living heart, and that heart was Glen Canyon and the wild Colorado." -Ed Abbey

FAQ about restoring Glen Canyon (scroll down to the Water section for the obvious questions)

Mr Bush - tear down this wall - or at least drill a few holes.

And Wurty, I think your a little mixed up; I've only go two legs, not four. . .

I'm picturing Wurty, picturing you, with four legs. The way the Warped & Twisted Wurty Mind works, he'd just figure you wanted him TWICE as much. lmao.gif

Remember, if it's female, Wurty figures it wants him. He's wrong, of course. But to tell him would ruin all the fun.

I've got to work that Friday and someone on my shift already has it reserved for vacation. I'll back that day up in case he cancels and work on getting a shift trade in the mean time--hell worst case scenario is I can always call in sick from Mesquite! grin.gif

But we'll be there come hell or high water! clap.gif

Hey, Bob!! How many days is it left?? wink.gif

And Wurty, I think your a little mixed up; I've only go two legs, not four. . .

If Norah had four legs my lips would blister kissing the ground she walks on lmao.gif

Can we?? Hell...should we??

I'd like to see the biggest gathering of riders this spring EVER. With all the riders, new members, peeps that have never been, peeps that HAVE been and need to go again, etc...Ima thinkin' we could rock the little town large in May.

What'll it take to push this large?? Have YOU scheduled your time off yet??

C'mon...endulge me. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Cool. I'm in if I can stay with you....for free....

Randy called me today, and I just got off the phone with Jamie a minute ago. They have an important request that I'll word, and post soon. Involves room reservations.

Gleno, got something you want to share with the rest of us?

I'll try and make this one but plan on coming with the shiny sports bike instead of a tourer. Hopefully I can put three pairs of underoos in a backpack and enjoy some pristine riding conditions with you boys in a couple of months.

I'll try and make this one but plan on coming with the shiny sports bike instead of a tourer. Hopefully I can put three pairs of underoos in a backpack and enjoy some pristine riding conditions with you boys in a couple of months.

Don't make me have to take the 996! lmao.gif

Likewise. lmao.gif

Will probably have to attach a tow rope to Fernando's pretty new bike...
IN!!! If ya gots a quiet place to sack my old achin' back (what with all them grandkiddles runnin around the house).

Wonder, could there be a connection between back and bike? mmmmm? And to blame this on the grandkiddles, for shame, Nando blush.gif.

See you all in Torrey! wave.gif

russell_bynum

Likewise. lmao.gif

Do I predict a Tuono/996/Gixxer/Hayabusa ride?

grin.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday

Well?... lurker.gif

Likewise. lmao.gif

grin.gif

I'm thinking Tuono/996/Gixxer/1098 ride...

wave.gif

russell_bynum

Likewise. lmao.gif

grin.gif

wave.gif

Sweet!

VladtheImpaler

Likewise. lmao.gif

grin.gif

wave.gif

Sweet!

Hmmm, this is getting interesting.

Hmmm, this is getting interesting.

I wonder if I can talk my Crest Krew into takin up their sports bikes instead of the touring bikes they're talking about bringing. If so.......that would be very interesting to see and be a part of. thumbsup.gif

Well?... lurker.gif

..... and he gives us crap for not putting numbers in our pictures! eek.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gif

..... still waiting..... lurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

Should we consider letting some BMWs attend??? grin.gifgrin.gif

Good thing I'm out frown.gif

It would be my plea S ure to uphold the Roundel' S honor wink.gif

Well?... lurker.gif

..... and he gives us crap for not putting numbers in our pictures! eek.gifdopeslap.giflmao.gif

..... still waiting..... lurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

What???You thought I was serious??? Have we met?? lmao.gif

Calvin  (no socks)

Eric, I'm riding the K12 out from the East Coast....Hoping to stretch its legs a little.....The Roundel will be represented... thumbsup.gif

Count me in so that make it as K12s/Tuono/996/Gixxer/Hayabusa ride.

Cheers!

Make that a K12s/Tuono/996/Gixxer/Hayabusa/FZ-1 ride. grin.gif Guess I had better get a jet kit! (or a turbo) grin.gif

Cheers!

Make that a K12s/Tuono/996/Gixxer/Hayabusa/FZ-1 ride. grin.gif Guess I had better get a jet kit! (or a turbo) grin.gif

Naaa.

Get a Honda thumbsup.gif

Cheers!

Naaa.

Get a Honda thumbsup.gif

Yep, that should do the trick!

Can't imagine Torrey without Gleno! He was and is such a integral part of it. He started this thread... Gleno, we miss you!

Archived