IGNORED

Spring Torrey.....Kick It Up???

Gleno

Mitch, I'm open for ideas. There are some rides around Colorado (up around Estes Park) that were on the "what are you on crack or something" list from the Un I might wander along.

Our plan is to depart Sat AM from Chicago. We should easily make Denver by Sunday. From what I understand you and Shawn would be staying local, spending the nights at your sisters, we might keep wandering.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Mitch, I'm open for ideas. There are some rides around Colorado (up around Estes Park) that were on the "what are you on crack or something" list from the Un I might wander along.

Our plan is to depart Sat AM from Chicago. We should easily make Denver by Sunday. From what I understand you and Shawn would be staying local, spending the nights at your sisters, we might keep wandering.

Damn, maybe we should hook up? I'm leaving here early AM of Saturday 5/12. Wouldn't make sense for me to detour up to Grayslake, but maybe we could meet up somewhere like Joliet just before lunch. Plan is to meet up with Shawn in Lincoln NE and spend the night there, continuing on to Denver the next day. Lincoln to Denver is about 500 miles. Grayslake to Lincoln is about 550; you could prolly do more than that the first day, but Lincoln is 750 for me, and I can't do much more than that.

No way are we all gonna be able to descend on a single restaurant this year. Heck, we'll be lucky if we all get to eat!

I'm not sure anyone ever feels to confident food is actually coming at Cafe Diablo, anyway.

I'd be happy to post some .gdb's of different rides if someone more familiar with the area will give me the info on prospective routes. Not a big deal, shouldn't take long.

You should not have a problem on this road. Last Torrey I went through there twice on my RT. Once there was a K1200S with us and he had no problems. It is just a slow ride through the switch backs. Nothing techinical to deal with. Unless you are afraid of heights I would not go around on the RT.

The view is spectacular. Hope it works out for you.

Stone chips?! Shoot. You should be more worried about the boulders rolling down the hill, or the ones falling off the cliff on top of you. grin.gif

(Just kidding. Really. It's an easy road.)

russell_bynum
Stone chips?! Shoot. You should be more worried about the boulders rolling down the hill, or the ones falling off the cliff on top of you. grin.gif

(Just kidding. Really. It's an easy road.)

IMG_0464.jpg

Tank

Well Mokee Dugway is not just down the block so to speak. It is about 160 miles southeast of Torrey.

It is about an hour and a half from Torrey.

From my experence, everything except Hamburgers is at least an hour and a half to two hours from Torrey.

russell_bynum
iT'S oFFICIAL...

sIRrODNEY & hANNAbONE are..." I N " for Torrey

see y'all in May..! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I don't think there's enough beer in all of Utah....

grin.gif

iT'S oFFICIAL...

This is gonna be great!!!

thumbsup.gif

I'll say, look at this list. thumbsup.gifclap.gif

1bmwfan

2bmwfan ?

90% angel

alglover

azkaisr

AZkomet

BadAdam

bakerzdosen

Bill Walker

BeniciaRT_GT

bigmak

Blake

boney

BrianT

Calvin E (no socks)

Carnadero

Cheechoo

CraigC

Crazy Canuck

creekstone

David ?

Endobobdds

ericfoerster

Fernando Belair

flyingreg

ghaverkamp ?

GLENO (In our hearts)

hANNAbONE

Heck

hindsight

HUZBAND

JB-BMW

jeddy

JerryMather

Joe Fricken Friday

johnlt

keithb

KILLER

Kitsap

KMG 365

Les Is More

Limecreek

Lone RT Rider

Macamoose

Marty Hill

Mike O

Mr. Pheer

mrzoom

Nevets

norah

Paul Mihalka

PhillyFlash

Rainy

Ron B

roydog007

russellw

Russell Bynum

SageRider

Seabiscuit

sgendler

sIRrODNEY

stager

SteveB

steveknapp

Stir

StretchMark

Tank

texasaggie97

Todd Z1

Wheatie

Whip

WURTY

Did I leave anyone out?

As he wished it HAS gone large! Is anybody bringing a wide angle for this?

I feels overwhelming and cool. I've had virtual dialogue with many of you but could easily walk by and not know you, other than Marty, Leslie, Jamie and bigmak of course. Will someone adopt me confused.gif

Did I leave anyone out?

Will someone adopt me confused.gif

There MUST be more. By count, that's no more than an average Torrey gathering.

We'll ALL adopt you, Kitsap! If you just want someone to introduce/show you around, pick the first person you meet. That's the kind of people these are. thumbsup.gif

iT'S oFFICIAL...

grin.gif

Guess we have to bring our own??

clap.gif

russell_bynum
AriaonaAl will be there-- just hadn't said anything because I'm always there, but this time I think I've got the wife talked into going also--

Oh man. Is she bringing that butterscotch-flavored diesel fuel again this time? I think I've just about sobered up from the last time she came to Torrey with that stuff. cool.gif

iT'S oFFICIAL...

grin.gif

AriaonaAl will be there-- just hadn't said anything because I'm always there, but this time I think I've got the wife talked into going also--

Now we know for sure that there's not enough beer in Utah. grin.gif

Now we know for sure that there's not enough beer in Utah. grin.gif

I'm starting to think Nevada doesn't have enough beer! blush.gif

Hay roomie ..... Please, get my name on the list or i is gonna snore loudly

Add my name and the room will be guiet.

Thanks Kitsap.

hem hem, you snore and a new set of Al's plugs is on your tab. eek.gif you is on the list dopeslap.gif

OK, OK, I don't know any of you but you talked me into it. I'm in. You all just have to be nice and ride in my dust or I won't come play any more.
Be careful what you wish for. We are always nice, but some may have thing or two for dust. grin.gif And for not knowing any of us, I promise that will change by Sunday. Hook up with me, or any one of us, and we will show you around this great area of riding nervana. Look forward to meeting you. thumbsup.gif
OK, OK, I don't know any of you but you talked me into it. I'm in. You all just have to be nice and ride in my dust or I won't come play any more.
Be careful what you wish for. We are always nice, but some may have thing or two for dust. grin.gif And for not knowing any of us, I promise that will change by Sunday. Hook up with me, or any one of us, and we will show you around this great area of riding nervana. Look forward to meeting you. thumbsup.gif

Ditto!! You are in for an eye popping experience!!! Beautiful area!

Hey Danny! This guy says you're gonna eat his dust. grin.gifwave.gif

Ditto!! You are in for an eye popping experience!!! Beautiful area!

Hey Danny! This guy says you're gonna eat his dust. grin.gifwave.gif

Well yeah, somebody has to keep you company. eek.giftongue.giflmao.giflurker.gif

That great Charlie, We'll be neighbors. Kitsap offered me a bed at Days Inn and I gladly accepted.

I will look for you thumbsup.gif

Yeah...right next to Phil and Danny.....

It aint gonna matter if you snore next to those two

ya wont be able to hear it above the moanin'. lmao.giflmao.gif

We'll see ya at Days Inn clap.gif

even though I never had the pleasure Gleno, I am going to do my level best to indulge you this may, the torrey tractor beam is pulling me in with the gravitational force of government service in opposition; Here's hoping I cannot overcome the tractor beam!

days inn res made

Lone_RT_rider
sIRrODNEY & hANNAbONE have rezz'ys at the Days Inn and on the list at the ChuckWagon..

We Be "IN"..! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

It will be good to see both you and Rodney again John Robert.... Less than 3 months to go...

Shawn

Archived