IGNORED

Torrey XII Announcement

rdfrantz

I just had to post because I don't think I have ever seen 3 posts in a row from different people, all from Utah.

Our numbers are growing here. Now if we could all just meet up somewhere.

Concerning our route down on Friday... It will depend solely on the weather. Not truly decided on whether to head over Wolf Creek yet or not.

The anticipation of leaving is killing me. Then to hear that Marty will be there tomorrow. It's like a dagger in my chest. Must leave now. Must leave now. bncry.gifdopeslap.gif

Edited by andy
I'm IN as well.

If anyone still needs a place to sleep, I can share my cabin at the Torrey Trading Post across the street from the CW. (Cheap!)

I'm booked there Thursday through Sunday nights...

ya know..., had i not seen your avatar, i might have considered it. eek.giftongue.giflmao.gif

The weather forecast for next week is much nicer...
Yup, I've been watching WX.com and the current forecast has 60's and low 70's for the whole weekend, and the forecast

of showers on Thursday / Friday have evaporated into partly cloudy! Great photo weather...

THanks for the invite, Blakesw. While I could probably make it to Draper by 10, I wouldn't want you guys sitting around on me if I got a bit behind. It would be fun to ride down in a group, but might be a little tight time-wise on Friday. But, say "hi" in Torry! Maybe we can ride together on Saturday on on the way back up on Sunday.

i don't believe that our departure time is firmly set yet (andy?), but that's what they make cell phones for. reply here with your info, or PM us if you prefer and we can figure it out as we go thumbsup.gif. as far as hooking up on a ride is concerned, where ever - when ever. i'm the noob-goob wave.gif so i have no clue where i'll be headed..., other than maybe the picnic ride with Dick (I think). crazy.gif

Our numbers are growing here. Now if we could all just meet up somewhere.

I vote we meet at a Tek Daze! I'd love to host it, but I don't think mine is the place. bncry.gif Do they always have to be at someone's house or have other ideas been entertained (just a thought, I don't really have an idea there, but I'm workin it)? dopeslap.giflmao.gif

I'm IN as well.

If anyone still needs a place to sleep, I can share my cabin at the Torrey Trading Post across the street from the CW. (Cheap!)

I'm booked there Thursday through Sunday nights...

ya know..., had i not seen your avatar, i might have considered it. eek.giftongue.giflmao.gif

Oooooh, THAT's not gonna buff out!! lmao.gif

It's okay Greg, you can still ride with us! wave.gif

Departure, fueled up (bike and stomach) from Casa Edmonds at 06:00 sharp. Les is pretty adamant about arriving before dark and hopefully before deer, so here's the likely gas stops and route in case you've got problems getting out and need to (try to dopeslap.gif ) catch up:

SD-Bartsow, CA (Chevron) 175 miles

Barstow, CA-Mesquite, NV (Shell) 235 miles

Lunch in Mesquite (location?)

Mesquite,NV-Richfield, UT (big truck stop first exit) 203 miles

Richfield, UT-Torrey (Chevron) 62 miles

With our average travelling speed of 62 mph that should take about 11 hours. With a lunch stop and loss of one hour for Mountain Time (and barring weather, traffic, problems and critters! eek.gif ) that should put us in Torrey around 6:30-7:00! clap.gif

Killer, I'll be bringing the Rum!! dopeslap.gif

I vote we meet at a Tek Daze! I'd love to host it, but I don't think mine is the place. bncry.gif

Do they always have to be at someone's house or have other ideas been entertained (just a thought, I don't really have an idea there, but I'm workin it)?

Your Tech Daze is yours to create however you choose! If you can't host it, any option you can work out will be fine assuming it is conducive to the needs of the group. We've had them in locations ranging anywhere from 1.5 car garages, to airplane hangars, to huge automotive shops where 20+ bikes were all being worked on at once! blush.gifclap.gif

Yo ho ho pirate.gif

Me too!!! What you bringin' so I don't duplicate you? thumbsup.gif

Charlie's not a Rum drinker, so I took the Pyrat's that you left there to bring to Torrey (I think there's a little bit left! grin.gif ).

I've also got some "Stroh 80" (Caution!! Flammable!! grin.gif )

I've got some Appleton's (just the cheap stuff), though I had some of the Appleton's "Special" in some fruity Rum Punch at a party last night, which was tasty, but I have no idea how the rum itself tasted! dopeslap.gif )

And some Captain Morgan for me! (For my Cuba Libre's! grin.gif )

I'll try to pick up some fresh limes, but I won't have time to requisition a bunch of small shot glasses as I had wanted to. We should've told Whip before he left, he's probably got a source for hundreds, cheap! dopeslap.gif

I think we'll be bringing what you brought to Cheechoo's since that unopened bottle ended up with us! grin.gifgrin.gif I'm sure Jamie also has something else in mind as well.

I think we'll be bringing what you brought to Cheechoo's since that unopened bottle ended up with us! grin.gifgrin.gif I'm sure Jamie also has something else in mind as well.
Unopened?? eek.gif

(Dang, this is going to get even MORE expensive! blush.giflmao.gif )

I may be riding in alone, but that is ok because I will be by myself.

T minus 15 hours for departure. thumbsup.gif

Just gotta go into work til noon and then turn on the radar detector, MP3 loaded with ZZ Top, the GPS maps are loaded, point the bike west and twist throttle to full. That'll shake the dust of Tulsa. grin.gif

Next three days, riding through the Rockies the long way to Torrey. Up and down, Up and down and round and round, beginning to feel like I've had some of that Rum everyone is talking about. Things are spinning. lmao.gif

See you there!

Wh wh wh what?? You been samplin' the goods?? grin.gifgrin.gif

Hee hee hee!! Spousal bickering on the DB. lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

T minus 58 hours and counting to launch of the starship ST! It's 5 day mission to hoon the Utah byways. To boldly go where many have gone before. To taste Rum with friends, to ride with grins of bigness, to listen to Richard (BeniciaRT_GT) tell bad jokes (dude, it just won't end!! The lengths I will go grin.gifgrin.gif), and to guard the flock from Wurty.

On my best Austin Powers - "Oh Yea Baby!!!!!! Shagadelic!!"

To everyone - ride safe, ride stealthy, see you there! thumbsup.gif

Speaking of Rum... Just talked to Jamie.

I'll be bringing those (think probably 3 dozen or so) shot glasses. If more are needed for this Rum tasting, I'd say "let me know", but no, I'm not packing more than 3 dozen in my luggage. (Especially since I don't drink. eek.gif)

With the way my week is going so far (Gerbings messed up my order so it will NOT be here tomorrow, and work had me scheduled for NEXT week off... bncry.gif), I'm not sure I want to be carrying that much glass when whatever the next bad thing that's gonna happen... happens. smile.gif I'm hoping it's just a Monday thing.

As a note to those travelling Hwy 50: There is a big valley before you reach Austin where I've recently seen NHP cars sitting on the side of the road next to guard rails (less conspicuous I guess). Probably just counting cars I'm sure... smile.gif

I'll be bringing those (think probably 3 dozen or so) shot glasses. If more are needed for this Rum tasting, I'd say "let me know", but no, I'm not packing more than 3 dozen in my luggage. (Especially since I don't drink. eek.gif)

As a note to those travelling Hwy 50: There is a big valley before you reach Austin where I've recently seen NHP cars sitting on the side of the road next to guard rails (less conspicuous I guess). Probably just counting cars I'm sure... smile.gif

3 DOZEN shot glasses!? Each individually wrapped, I'm sure! Good grief Charlie Brown!!!! For a guy who says he "doesn't drink" you sure have a lot of glasses!! Oh, I get it. This is one of those drinking games, huh? You don't drink, you consuuuuuuuummmmmme! grin.gifeek.gifwink.gif

As for the "car counters", I suppose I can reduce to impulse power for a bit. Those warp drive engines, though!!!!! thumbsup.gif

Fresh Z6s - check!

New Ohlins - check!

New Ti Remus - check!

New Bill Mayer seat - check!

24k service - check!

GPS loaded - check!

Bike spit-shined - check!

Cold weather riding gear all packed away were I can't get to it -- check!

(Gonna freeze my butt off, but the bike will look good! One must have proper priorities!) grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifdopeslap.gif

Depart SoCal 0400 9/20, dest., St. George to visit friend. Arrive Torrey / Boulder View Inn 9/21.

Now, iffen my valves don't burn and my splines don't split, and my servo don't succumb, and my . . . well, you get the picture! See ya all there!

Bike spit-shined - check!

(Gonna freeze my butt off, but the bike will look good! One must have proper priorities!) grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifdopeslap.gif

Alright! A man after my own heart!!!!! thumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

All you Arnold Tech Daze harrassers - wave.gifwave.gif

Thanks for the tip. Take 722 into Austin. It's nicer and even less traffic.

Just pissin and moanin that I ain't on the road today.

Wife has been spooned, kids have been slapped, dogs have been kicked.

Time for Daddy to leave.

Sheep to be Had ??? clap.gif

3 DOZEN shot glasses!? Each individually wrapped, I'm sure! Good grief Charlie Brown!!!! For a guy who says he "doesn't drink" you sure have a lot of glasses!!
Well, I don't actually have them yet. See, my lil' sister happens to be the area sales rep for a coupla beverage brands. (She offered 18 dozen, but I'm pretty sure that might have been sarcasm. smile.gif ) We'll see what she comes up with, cuz if they ain't already individually wrapped, well, you might be getting 2.5 dozen slightly chipped shot glasses. Or they'll be plastic. thumbsup.gif

At least you know it's at the beginning of the trip instead of the end - so no dirty clothes with which to wrap them. lmao.giflmao.gif

Sheep to be Had ??? clap.gif

ya know..., i'm REALLY startin' to second guess this so called "gathering". eek.gifbncry.gif

now i know why everyone says to make sure that i bring the "proper gear". blush.giflmao.gif

so, tell me, how do you keep from scarin the noobs off anyway? confused.giflmao.gif

you guys have fun,... maybe next year.

I heard that the Noooob initiation with the animals is not all that BAAAA-AAAAA-AAAAAAD....

eek.gif

Les is pretty adamant about arriving before dark and hopefully before deer......

Smart woman she is! clap.gif A couple of years back we got delayed replacing a flat tire mid trip and spent the last hour of my ride to Torrey in the dark. To say there was a buttload of deer on the roadway would be an understatement. I had to come to complete stops several times due to multiple deer occupying the roadway who weren't so fast to get out of the way. Including one buck that decided to charge me with the pointy ends of his antlers and I had to jump on the gas to get out of his way. In that hour, we saw somewhere around a total of 30 deer on the roadway or shoulder. This was on route 12 south of Torrey which tends to have more wildlife on it, but still be careful none the less.

As for all this pirate talk you guys are a day early. 9/19 is the official Talk Like A Pirate Day so "ARR Mateys" to you. lmao.gif

how do you keep from scarin the noobs off anyway?
They may be noobs when they arrive, but they sure as heck aren't when they leave... eek.gifooo.gifwink.gif

"We are poor little sheep,

Who have lost our way,

Baaa, Baaaa, Baaaaaaa"

Theme song to Baa Baa Black Sheep!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif

This was on route 12 south of Torrey which tends to have more wildlife on it, but still be careful none the less.
Good advice, but 12 and 24 (west of Torrey) have about the same number of deer, I counted over a hundred when driving to Richfield one early evening, plus two huge elk.

The Whips are leavin the "Inn of the Mountain Gods" in Ruidoso and will be in Torrey for dinner...

Killer

I hope you didn't drink that Tequlia yet....

Whip

Andy,

I am game for a ride. In fact I am organizing one for some folks I work with. I will make another post and invite any and all whether from utah or not.

you guys have fun in Torrey, looking forward to the reports after.

Garry

PS, you guys going down with Andy, you are in good hands. I have ridden with him and he knows good routes, nice places to eat, and makes a fun ride!!!

PS, you guys going down with Andy, you are in good hands. I have ridden with him and he knows good routes, nice places to eat, and makes a fun ride!!!

Ahh shucks. I'm getting kind of misty. bncry.gif Thanks Garry wave.gif

Even though Penny and I are driving to Colorado next weekend, I will still miss everyone at this Torrey. I've been going to Utah with this group almost non-stop for 6 years. And fortunately I attended the Spring Torrey event this year. But it doesn't make missing this one any easier.

You all PLEEEEEEEEEZ ride safely and have a good time. When the ride reports come trickling in, I want you all to make me miserable for missing a great time in Torrey.

All my best to you all.

96348620-M.jpg

My panties are all in a bunch.

I think this will smooth things out.

Gleno,,, Wurty's coming. wave.gif

Soooo...you're really gonna ride that chick bike??? eek.gif

Unopened?? eek.gif

(Dang, this is going to get even MORE expensive! blush.giflmao.gif )

I am a bringin' some Gosling's Black Seal 80 proof Bermuda Black Rum to the party!! thumbsup.gif

Killer,

How much stock would you put into THIS WEATHER REPORT ?

No, I'm not Killer but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

The local SLC weather said a storm is coming in on Friday, but it is northerly storm and should only affect the northern half of the state.

The forecast for St. George area was dry on Fri, Sat, and Sun. But Rain showers on Fri, and maybe Sat in SLC.

They are predicting Wind in S. Utah though.

I just hope all the weathermen are wrong and it turns out to be a perfect weekend.

See you there.

Killer,

THE NWS forecasts seem to work pretty well - here is the one for Torrey, about 5F cooler. I doubt we'll be affected by the northern storm, I70 is often the dividing line, don't know why storms don't like to cross the road...
Killer,

THE NWS forecasts seem to work pretty well - here is the one for Torrey, about 5F cooler. I doubt we'll be affected by the northern storm, I70 is often the dividing line, don't know why storms don't like to cross the road...

It's simple actually!! The storm watched the chicken cross the road and get tatered!!!! lmao.gif

Killer,

It's simple actually!! The storm watched the chicken cross the road and get tatered!!!! lmao.gif

Somebody has been dipping into the rum already. dopeslap.gif

Somebody has been dipping into the rum already. dopeslap.gif

So this must mean that the noob-goob doesn't have to bring any then? ooo.gifSWEET!! clap.giftongue.giflmao.gif