IGNORED

Torrey XII Announcement

rdfrantz

Torrey XII is upon us!!! The "Even Dozen".

The twelfth Gathering At Torrey will take place Friday September 22nd through Sunday, September 24th. Many folks, nearly a third now, are arriving early to get in an extra day or riding... or relaxing. Won't you join us?

Registration Page: http://www.motost.com/torrey/RegistrationMenu.php

As well, I hope you'll check out the rest of the Site via the menus at the top of the pages. There's quite a (growing) bit of information about this event, and Torrey, and the Torrey events too. Also, I'd be very happy to receive feedback to help meet my need to be of service. It would be a great help to me to learn more about what you like and don't like about the site, and perhaps other things you'd like to see.

"Fall Torrey" is generally a gentler time than our exuberant, start of Riding Season, Gatherings in the Spring. At Fall Torrey the Riding is still "hot", and the scenery is still awe-inspiring, but there always seems to be a gentler, more people-oriented mood. Yeah, there's more focus on People. And, warm people, honest, open, up front folks, full of the caring in which they meet their needs for Fun, Joy, and Fulfillment, but not at others' expense is where I myself really want to be, and be focused on. THAT's the spirit of Torrey that's so beautiful.

There'll be crisper air, especially up high, and though some time ago we moved the date up by a week to help avoid early Winter storms for our northern guests, there's still a chance the aspens will have begun to turn.

There's a greater chance for stormy weather than in Spring, again, up high. And, there can be great temperature swings. So, please prepare. Stuff those Sport Touring saddle bags with "the right stuff" that's adaptable, and ensure the nut behind the bars is plenty flexible too.

While there may be a gentler mood at Torrey XII, and not as many gee-gaws, there'll still be plenty of "events" of interest.

We'll still hold the Friday Welcome Buffet, at about 5:30, by the pool at The Chuckwagon Lodge. Christine and Crew will once again do their magical thing and prepare a light and wondrous feast for us. How grand.

Less usual, I think I'll lead a ride this Gathering. Saturday morning, I'll have Christine pack a lunch for me at the General Store, grab some fruit and a drink, and about 9:30 head out for Boulder and the southwest entrance to and on down the PAVED section of The Burr Trail. Down in the canyon is a shaded place in the creek bed, near The Great Crevasse, that's just perfect to my mind to hold a Picnic.

If you join the ride, DO BRING DRINKS - there's no water around. You might want to bring your tennis shoes 'cause there's neat stuff to investigate. And DO bring your camera. I'm feeling thrilled in expectation of meeting my need having a HUGELY GOOD TIME all connected up with good friends!!!

It's a fairly short ride over the mountain, about 45 - 60 miles to Boulder and 15 - 20 miles down the canyon. DO fill up with gas before departure, though there is gas in Boulder at a Texaco, I believe, that has a gravel drive to reach the pumps.

I so much hope some of you choose to join me.

Saturday night we WILL hold a Bar-b-que. No, it will never live up to the awesome event of last Spring when Jamie and Christine Austin hosted us at a deferred Housewarming. But, it should be fun none the less.

At 6:30, Cheryl at Thousand Lakes RV park will be cooking chicken and pork for us, with the traditional fixin's. All the reports I've had about events there have been hugely positive. The Norton Owners Association has chosen to return there for their next national event, so THEY certainly think highly of it.

It's a very pretty, verdant facility and I was quite comfortable there during an earlier visit with a friend. I found their dirt driveway easy to navigate, and felt secure, and very welcome there all the while. I hope you're all at least as pleased as I was.

There'll be a modest $15 fee that you can handle with me either Friday night at the Buffet, or through the day Saturday.

Please DO be certain to REGISTER at the Torrey Registration Page:

http://www.motost.com/torrey/RegistrationMenu.php

Cheryl is feeling concerned about knowing how many folks will be attending so she can meet her need to have the right amount of food on hand. So, please be certain to make your Dinner Selection at the bottom of the Registration Page. Thanks.

So, Lake Powel, Sweeper Madness, UT-12, The Blast Past Koosharem, Cedar Breaks, Zion, and dozens of other delights are waiting for you all - and those kind people who truly care about one another. I do hope you can find your way clear to join us. It would make it a grander time if you did.

Best wishes.

Edited by Les_is_more
Unable to reach reg. page. Could be my computer/not sure.
The link is bad, Dick knows and has requested that a mod changes it. You will know it is fixed when the word 'localhost' no longer appears in the link, please stand by...

Fall is always full of so many tough riding decisions for us. Fall El Paseo, Jeff's Betty's B&B in MN, several excellent mid-west gatherings... All with dwindling remaining vacation days. Sigh.

But earlier this year we thought, "How about Fall Torrey?" So I booked the days off. Now, your wonderful introduction Dick, makes us all the more certain we made the right choice! See you there!

Bad news, I've been bitten by the dual-sport bug.
And what better place to dual-sport than Torrey? I'll show you some great stuff if that's what it takes...

IN.

Registered and Reserved.

I'm pretty sure between Killer and myself we'll have a pretty good cross-section of typical native Utah residents in attendance (both apparently imports). dopeslap.gif

Any people headed to Cafe Diablo? I've never eaten there, but when I mentioned Torrey my sister could NOT stop ranting and raving about it. Looking at the schedule, I'm not sure there's time... Oh well, it looks like I'll have to either plan for May or make another trip there later.

IN! IN! IN!! Mary and me are registered and reserved at the CW. My buddy Brian is coming along with his SO and possibly another couple. See you there.

grizzly660fan

I know that sometimes there is a lot of quesiton about the ferry schedule on the lake powell loop. here is info from their website that might be useful either here or to be included on the Torrey official site?

http://www.nps.gov/glca/ferry.htm

Ferry Schedule

May 15 - September 14

Departs Halls Crossing

08:00 a.m.

10:00 a.m.

12:00 p.m.

02:00 p.m.

04:00 p.m.

06:00 p.m.

*Departure from Bullfrog may be delayed when school is in session.

April 15 - May 14 & September 15 - October 31

Departs Halls Crossing

08:00 a.m.

10:00 a.m.

12:00 p.m.

02:00 p.m.

04:00 p.m.

*Departure from Bullfrog may be delayed when school is in session.

Rates:

All rates are one-way. Fees must be paid in cash. Does not include entry into the park. Park entrance fees are a separate fee charged by the National Park Service.

Foot Passengers/Bicycles/Motorcycles

Adults (ages 12-64)

$4.00

Child (ages 5-11)

$2.00

Child (under 5 years)

Free

Adult (over 65 years)

Free

Bicycle*

$6.00

Motorcycle*

$8.00

*Fares include driver and passengers.

I hope this helps some! I am trying to get down to torrey with you guys. just not sure how work is going to go yet.

Garry

in. so deep....you'll feel it in your feet.

I was just in Torrey yesterday as a matter o fact. This'll be trip #7 to Torrey for me this year. However...there's still nothing quite as special as the RT gathering. thumbsup.gif

Further...it's my understanding that we're gonna have a VERY special guest. This person is to fly in, ride my FJR, and join us for his (or is it a her??) VERY 1ST Torrey. This person is one of the greatest spirits ever to grace our boards, and has been around for many years. I am beyond excited. I reckon I'll hafta ride this nasty little Gixxer to Torrey yet again. eek.gif

Ima go register on the site. However...I'll be graced with my wonderful bride as a roomie, Brian/Meghan/Sooper Jack...and the special invite, all in the deluxe apartment in the sky.

I'm sooooo damn excited I feel like I should bring some BBQ action. YoooooHoooo Paul. I see your name here....shall we throw down??? thumbsup.gif

I'm sooooo damn excited I feel like I should bring some BBQ action. YoooooHoooo Paul. I see your name here....shall we throw down??? thumbsup.gif

Ooooooooooh! A Cook-Off! clap.gif

Oh, and we're IN!!! grin.gif

We have had a tremendous amount of rain this summer so it should be very green up high this year, Fish Lake in particular should be spectacular.
Just to prove me right this happened on Sunday afternoon - my neighbour says it was like this almost every day I was up in Montana

tor_rain_001.jpg

Now I need to go over to the ends of the rainbows and get the GPS readings, then we can have a geocaching contest

(I may replace the pots of gold with RT parts (oh wait, they are worth about the same...)

tor_rain_002.jpg

tor_rain_003.jpg

(The first picture is looking west over my yard and the rainbows are to the east for those that haven't been there)

This is like torture for me! I'll be in Torrey on 9/3 and 9/4 on my way back from my Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado ride. 9/23 is my son's first birthday ... so I'm going to miss Torrey again this year. I'll make Torrey in spring 2007, though! I have yet to ride Torrey in the spring. See everyone then.

tor_rain_002.jpg

tor_rain_003.jpg

(The first picture is looking west over my yard and the rainbows are to the east for those that haven't been there)

Bob, have I mentioned lately that . . . YOU REALLY SUCK??!! grin.gif

Oooh, I'm getting SO excited about this trip!! I think I need to be alone for a few minutes! blush.gif

I've made 10 of 11 Torrey events, and 8 in a row. Alas, I pretty much shot my wad with my time off for the Un this year, so Fall Torrey is out.

However, I will be back in the Spring.

My best to you all. Have a safe and enjoyable weekend. Big hugs to all those I'm going to miss.

IN

Ok I am going to leave Phoenix at about noon on Thursday for Torrey. Plan now is to ride through Monument Valley and decide if I am going to Iron Butt it or spend the night in Bluff Utah Thursday Night. That would make a nice easy ride into Torrey Friday. Any other Zonies who want to ride with me are welcome.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Agent_Orange

Bummer. frown.gif Would have been able to get back out there but I'm going to the 101Abn 2/502 reunion in Atlanta that weekend.

But, there is the spring Torrey to look forward to. thumbsup.gif

I've made 10 of 11 Torrey events, and 8 in a row. Alas, I pretty much shot my wad with my time off for the Un this year, so Fall Torrey is out.

My best to you all. Have a safe and enjoyable weekend. Big hugs to all those I'm going to miss.

**coughbullshitcough** eek.gifeek.gif

WTF is a Torrey without Nando?? Who's tankbag can I piss in now?? Who's bike will recieve the mystery shocker sticker this time?? Jeebus what is this place comin' to??

WTF is a Torrey without Nando?? Who's tankbag can I piss in now?? Who's bike will recieve the mystery shocker sticker this time?? Jeebus what is this place comin' to??

Sometimes life gets in the way of a good time dopeslap.gif

We'll miss ya Nando....Gleno stay away from my tank bag..

Whip

Sorry you can't make it Fernando. I'll have a shot of whisky for you. We might even sing you Happy Birthday.

And just a heads up, my tank bag is electrified so if anyone plans on pissing in it, it may bring a whole new meaning to the word shocker. Sticker not included eek.gif

Never fear. I'll be calling Fernando a few days before to find out what time he's going to depart. Right Fernando???

...I'll have a shot of whisky for you..... We might even sing you Happy Birthday.
Now see what you've started Fernando. People are already splitting up your share of the whiskey and planning to get drunk enough to sing. AL, you better bring extra ear mold goop for everyone. dopeslap.gif

Spend the nite?? I just Iron Butted from Oklahoma City to Phx in one shot...certainly you can make it to Torrey!!!!!!!!! You can ride with us we'll keep you upright !!! thumbsup.gif

Spend the nite?? I just Iron Butted from Oklahoma City to Phx in one shot...certainly you can make it to Torrey!!!!!!!!! You can ride with us we'll keep you upright !!! thumbsup.gif

I am not worried about the tush, as much as I am about getting out of the office at Noon. If it slips to 1330 I am going to sleep in Bluff. Coming into Torrey at night is always goofy because of the long legged Rats they have nearby.

Otherwise count me in. Of course you guys could come and kidnap me at 1100 too! wave.gif

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

lawnchairboy

maybe next year ^%&$^%#! it. I have a coworker out for an extended period in our 4 person group. This will probably kill me for BB&B and El P also...time will tell. A revolting development indeed.

If there any of you guys who unfortunately aren't going to be able to make it to Torrey, but still have a reservation at the Chuckwagon.....would you please let them know. So far they haven't heard of any reservation cancellations......

I'm on the waiting list and still hoping I might get a room there.

Anybody have a good recommendation for a 2nd choice?

Paul Mihalka

A year ago, with Chuck Wagon filled up, I stayed at the Boulder View Inn, just up the street. Nice enough, park in front of your door, inexpensive. Check Bob the "Killer" website for more options.

Team Schnauzer is IN.

Team Schnauzer...Wow!.. I want to go to Dad..Can I..Can.I

57339604-S.jpg

Rusty

What about us? We've only dug up Mom flowers, ate one of her favorite ridin shirts, knocked over the trash can(and ate as much as we could), played in wet cement and killed the neighbors cat...all in the last couple days.Can we go to.

57339598-M.jpg

Tiffany and Jay

Edited by KMG_365