IGNORED

Torrey XII Announcement

rdfrantz

What about us? We've only dug up Mom flowers, ate one of her favorite ridin shirts, knocked over the trash can(and ate as much as we could), played in wet cement and killed the neighbors cat...all in the last couple days.Can we go to.

57339598-M.jpg

Tiffany and Jay

They don't look like such troublemakers. cool.gif Would they prefer chicken or pork at the BBQ?

Can you hire a chauffeur for them? Somehow I can't see you behind the wheel of what it would take to bring them along and keep them comfy while you and Mrs. Whip are out shredding asphalt and seeing sights. wink.gif

Edited by KMG_365

"They don't look like such troublemakers. Would they prefer chicken or pork at the BBQ?"

Don't let em fool ya....they are retired huntin dogs that are always up to somethin...we love em....as far BBQ goes they really aren't very particular as long as they get to be first in line...and the rest of us aren't very hungry...

See ya in Torrey and no they can't go...

Whip

...I'll have a shot of whisky for you..... We might even sing you Happy Birthday.
Now see what you've started Fernando. People are already splitting up your share of the whiskey and planning to get drunk enough to sing.

Yeah, I can feel the love. As for my tankbag, I've been at Torrey when a couple of you couldn't FIND a tank bag. lmao.gif (Names withheld to protect the guilty).

Actually, in a way, I will be there. Penny and I are blasting off for Colorado (800 miles one way) at 4PM that Saturday, when the dealership closes. We'll drive all night, then meet at noon on Sunday with the landscaper of the house we bought in Montrose. He did a crappy job with the lawn and he swears that he's made it all better. We'll see.

Then we'll sleep for a few hours, have dinner with friends and start driving back around 8PM Sunday, getting home around 2PM Monday, and back to work on Tuesday. Since Sun/Mon are my normal days off, I won't miss work. But I'll be heading up I-15 and across I-70 in Utah on Saturday night/Sun morning. At one point we'll only be 50 miles away, but we'll be on a mission. No time to spare. Besides, we'd only wake you.

Y'all ride well and bring home GOOD, SAFE stories. Don't make me glad I missed it.

My best to you all.

Firefight911
What about us? We've only dug up Mom flowers, ate one of her favorite ridin shirts, knocked over the trash can(and ate as much as we could), played in wet cement and killed the neighbors cat...all in the last couple days.Can we go to.

57339598-M.jpg

Tiffany and Jay

They don't look like such troublemakers. cool.gif Would they prefer chicken or pork at the BBQ?

Can you hire a chauffeur for them? Somehow I can't see you behind the wheel of what it would take to bring them along and keep them comfy while you and Mrs. Whip are out shredding asphalt and seeing sights. wink.gif

Buy a Ural and ride on out! lmao.gif

I'm In!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

First time for the Torrey Gathering and really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll be the one with the ear to ear smile coming across the Rockies from Tulsa. wave.gif

IN...looking forward to seeing new and familiar faces. thumbsup.gif

Heading up to the Pacific NW afterwards; SLC, McCall Id, Spokane, Sequim..my usual bi-annual trip to visit friends and relatives.

you're on thumbsup.gif

So, the second five are on me? tongue.gif

no, wait that's you and Louise, so..times 2 equals 10?

ok grin.gif

see ya there

For a California guy you catch on fast.. wave.gif

Whip

Looking forward to seeing you in Torrey. I hope I get there before you and Whip are too S*%T Faced from trading each other drinks. dopeslap.giflmao.gif

see ya there Greg, I'll pace myself...don't know about Whipster and Ms. tho.. grin.gif
Let me tell you about the Dewars supply in a small Idaho town... grin.gif
see ya there Greg, I'll pace myself...don't know about Whipster and Ms. tho.. grin.gif
Let me tell you about the Dewars supply in a small Idaho town... grin.gif

What'd I do????...It wasn't my fault...It was Chris Olson's fault....oh wait he already left us.... grin.gif

Greg I'll pace myself too....but remember I'll be on a Harley so ya never know thumbsup.gif

Whip

**coughbullshitcough** eek.gifeek.gif

WTF is a Torrey without Nando?? Who's tankbag can I piss in now?? Who's bike will recieve the mystery shocker sticker this time?? Jeebus what is this place comin' to??

The Un in Gunnison without Cary or DCB, now Torrey without 'Nando! eek.gif What is this coming to?!!

How come I see so many "IN"s here but so few signed up on the registration page? No Gleno, even! confused.gif

Matt (bakerzdosen), since no one addressed your question about Cafe Diablo, yeah, usually some go. If you haven't been, definitely plan on it! It's pricey, but well worth it. I've been twice; now I likely won't make a point of going, but will do it again sometime.

How come I see so many "IN"s here but so few signed up on the registration page? No Gleno, even! confused.gif

I dunno man...7 times in Torrey this year already. Ima little burned out. Thought maybe No Cal might be jumpin this time.

Firefight911

I dunno man...7 times in Torrey this year already. Ima little burned out. Thought maybe No Cal might be jumpin this time.

Stay away from my BBQ!!!!!

I dunno man...7 times in Torrey this year already. Ima little burned out.

So........Did you find any new roads that we can burn up our tires on? thumbsup.gif

Hey Gleno,

If you aint goin, I gonna go ride in s. fla. instead. dopeslap.giflmao.gif

Paul Mihalka

Hey Gleno,

If you aint goin, I gonna go ride in s. fla. instead. dopeslap.giflmao.gifMarty, I didn't know you were a masochist! grin.gif

"IN" at Boulder View 9/22 - 9/25

Roydog 007 doesn't know it yet but he's "IN" also! grin.gif

Yep.. Its official, I just got the weekend pass from the wife grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Yep.. Its official, I just got the weekend pass from the wife grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Bring the wife. Wurty and I will both be there. We already know all the sheep. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Les_is_more

Bring the wife. Wurty and I will both be there. We already know all the sheep. thumbsup.gif

Ride All that way, Just to RIDE SOME MORE , Hang out then Ride all that way home ? " She thinks were all nuts grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Dennis Andress
Ride All that way, Just to RIDE SOME MORE , Hang out then Ride all that way home ? " She thinks were all nuts grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

What? Haven't you shown her any pictures?

37828816-M.jpg

FYI:

While Gleno, BrianT and I were on our way up to Torrey back in May of '06, Gleno was the only one of us to get any hits on his Valentine through Nev.

A week before we left, he went ahead and upgraded his unit to detect the POP signal.

I'm sending my unit off to them today so this doesn't happen again. You may want to consider doing this also while there's still a little time to get it back from them before you head out.

thumbsup.gif

I just registered so I'M IN. This will be my first time to this event (and the fist time to ride the roads aroud Torry). Really looking forward to the opportunity to meet some of you.

Cheers! thumbsup.gif

I'm getting my KY jelly out and some cigars.

As I'm not a cigar smoker and don't know that much about it, but I would think it would be difficult to keep those cigars lit, after all that KY jelly? confused.gif

I'm getting my KY jelly out and some cigars.

As I'm not a cigar smoker and don't know that much about it, but I would think it would be difficult to keep those cigars lit, after all that KY jelly? confused.gif

It's a throwback to the Clinton years, old school stuff.

watch your sheep....

You just have yet to appreciate Wurty's many talents! blush.gif

FYI:

While Gleno, BrianT and I were on our way up to Torrey back in May of '06, Gleno was the only one of us to get any hits on his Valentine through Nev. A week before we left, he went ahead and upgraded his unit to detect the POP signal.

Just wondering... were those hits visually confirmed to actually be police radar, or were they possibly falses?
FYI:

While Gleno, BrianT and I were on our way up to Torrey back in May of '06, Gleno was the only one of us to get any hits on his Valentine through Nev. A week before we left, he went ahead and upgraded his unit to detect the POP signal.

Just wondering... were those hits visually confirmed to actually be police radar, or were they possibly falses?

Not so sure about that since I don't remember us passing any police when he got those hits we didn't. However, better safe than sorry and thanks for reminding me to do this. I keep putting it off but need to do it.

Edited by BrianT
Greg I'll pace myself too....but remember I'll be on a Harley so ya never know thumbsup.gif

Whip

If you're leaving the FJR home I just may be so broken-hearted I won't be able to get to Torrey. Now I'll never get the chance to ride the new and improved one... bncry.gif

Whip

If you're leaving the FJR home I just may be so broken-hearted I won't be able to get to Torrey. Now I'll never get the chance to ride the new and improved one... bncry.gif

It won't be up to me...Mrs Whip has not seen the FJR yet...so I got the Harley all ready to go....last night she was leanin toward the FJR because of all the new Autocom Gizmos...but until she jumps on back I can't be sure...

Look forward to seein ya..

Whip

I haven't been to Torrey for a few years.

My wife thinks I am crazy because except for the dirty underware that still need to be packed I am all packed and ready to go now.

Can't wait to see Laney ( I am bringing extra cigarettes). She will be pissed at me for selling her beautifull RT and ending up with a zzZookie but she has seen my kids teeth and knows where I spent the extra money I saved. tongue.gif.

Gleno doesn't get home till 5 pm on thursday so I have all day to ride to Nevada. I am stopping at the giant thermometer and smokin one of my big cheap cigars in celebration of my fat A$$ being back on the road again,

see you there.

Love Wurty

I've made 10 of 11 Torrey events, and 8 in a row. Alas, I pretty much shot my wad with my time off for the Un this year, so Fall Torrey is out.

However, I will be back in the Spring.

My best to you all. Have a safe and enjoyable weekend. Big hugs to all those I'm going to miss.

frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Well, since my normal roomie won't be there, I'm looking for someone to share a cabin at the Chuckwagon for Friday and Saturday nights. thumbsup.gif

Anyone interested please contact me at aschibi@cox.net or a PM

Be advised there is normally quite a bit of activity normally taking place at this cabin--- clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Al Schibi

Be advised there is normally quite a bit of activity normally taking place at this cabin--- clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Al Schibi

It should be pretty quiet now that you've retired, old man. grin.gif

I'm IN! I don't know many of you but I have been wanting to do this ride for years and I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

I will be leaving from Pinetop AZ on the 21st so if there is anyone who would like to join me and ride from there or hook up along the way, send me an email at Todd_Z1@Pacbell.Net.

Todd

a.k.a "Deer, demerol and motorcyces...or 3.5 seconds of my life." smile.gif