IGNORED

Torrey XII Announcement

rdfrantz

Holy Moly! Tom's going to make it! I thought he must have moved to Bangladesh or something!

Unfortunately, I'm OUT. I can't get enough time off of work, so while I may get out for a ride that weekend, I can't take the two or three work days off to make it a go.

Bummer. frown.gif

Unfortunately, due to the medical issues and their resolve, Jamie has to back out on joining me for Torrey. bncry.gifbncry.gif Just not enough time off work to do it all.

I will be solo. bncry.gifbncry.gifbncry.gif

I have updated the registration page to reflect this.

Holy Moly! Tom's going to make it! I thought he must have moved to Bangladesh or something!

Nope. I've been married which is like another world. Well, that chapter is closing and a new one beginning. So, provided I can get a substitute soccer coach, I'm IN!!

I have decided that in the name of science, I am going to skip out of work on Thursday morning and head up to Torrey from Phoenix. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif My monkeys will have to fend for themselves for another day and my boss is harping on me to take vacation anyway dopeslap.gif

Willing to ride up with anyone interested.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Regrettably, I'm having to cancel on this years Fall Torrey ride. I just released two rooms at the Chuckwagon so go git 'em whoever needs 'em!

See you in the Spring. BTW, are the dates for the spring Torrey gathering nailed down yet?

Well I am certainly jealous of all you scoundrels going to Torrey...will be the first Torrey I've missed in 8 Torreys! But I'll be flogging my FZR on the track that weekend (an unfortunate double booking on our part). Have fun, and watch your women and your sheep (Wurty will be there). grin.gif

See you in the Spring. BTW, are the dates for the spring Torrey gathering nailed down yet?
The dates are nailed down forever, or until they get changed...

Bob's BMWST Torrey Page

As for releasing rooms, they go to whoever is top of the waiting list which I understand is quite long this year.

People: If you are not coming and have a room reserved please call the CW as soon as possible.

Well, since my normal roomie won't be there, I'm looking for someone to share a cabin at the Chuckwagon for Friday and Saturday nights.

Anyone interested please contact me at aschibi@cox.net or a PM

I have a roommate for the cabin-- Some of you may remember Gary Tomich from last year-- he was riding an R1100RS then and has moved up to a K1200R this year----

See you all soon!

My monkeys will have to fend for themselves for another day...

Bring them along, they can keep Wurty company. tongue.gif

I can see it now me in a closed room with Laney Spanking my Monkey's and smokin cigarettes.

It's a dream come true.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by WURTY

It's almost here...

hunt0.jpg

hunt1.jpg

Took a little ride up Huntington Canyon today (UT72-UT10-UT31-UT89-UT24), I think those are the mountain maples that are changing, there were a few aspen in colour too.

IN! For my third Torrey. I'm staying at the Capital Reef Inn. Plan on leaving Fair Oaks, CA (suburb of Sacramento) Thursday morning. If anyone or group from Northern Cal would like to have another rider tag along let me know where to meet them. Am flexible as to where and/or when we leave. See you all there! thumbsup.gif

Am flexible as to where and/or when we leave. See you all there! thumbsup.gif

Where are you planning to stop Thursday nite? I'm most likely leaving SF Thursday afternoon. Perhaps we can join up for Friday?

Tom

As for releasing rooms, they go to whoever is top of the waiting list which I understand is quite long this year.

Yes. I checked at the end of last week and I was number 12 on the waiting list! bncry.gif So, I would echo Bob's plea -- it you aren't planning on attending and have a reservation at the CW please release it so others may take your place (if something doesn't become available I've got a reservation at the Capitol Reef Inn).

Yes. I checked at the end of last week and I was number 12 on the waiting list! bncry.gif So, I would echo Bob's plea -- it you aren't planning on attending and have a reservation at the CW please release it so others may take your place (if something doesn't become available I've got a reservation at the Capitol Reef Inn).

Don't worry, Brian. I've been 12th on the list up to just a few days before the ride and still got a call from Randy right before I left.

Many folks are in denial about whether they can actually make it and as they REALLY don't want to miss it, they frequently hold on to their rooms until the bitter end.

Of course we just want to make sure that for all that Randy and Jamie (his son and current owner) have done and contionue to do for our group that we don't leave them ANY vacancies for that weekend.

Besides, they'll then try to fill them with tourist walk-ups and the poor tourists will wonder what the heck is going on all weekend! dopeslap.gifgrin.gif

I called last night and the wait list is 8 deep. I was wanting 2 more rooms, so I booked them at the Days Inn, which I understand is now full.

Good luck,

Dennis Andress

I've accepted a job offer and have to move next week. Ya'll have a great time without me and be safe!!

BTW I just released a room reservation at the Capital Reef Inn. The restaurant is good and its walking distance from the Chuckwagon.

Dennis

Looks like I am "in" Have to check one thing before going but it's looking good.

Tom

Good to see you among the "riding" again, Tom. You guys have a safe trip. thumbsup.gif

It's almost here...

hunt1.jpg

Took a little ride up Huntington Canyon today (UT72-UT10-UT31-UT89-UT24), I think those are the mountain maples that are changing, there were a few aspen in colour too.

OK, that does it. IN!

And please, nobody close any doors if I happen to be in the same room as Wurty! I can't even sleep after that mental image, I don't want to see the real thing!!! lmao.gif

There are 70 people registered and it seems like there might be a few more than that coming, remember that to join us for the Saturday night bbq you need to register, and soon! Cheryl can probably produce a few extra chickens at the last minute but not many, it's the end of the season and I'm sure they don't have a lot of extra supplies horded for the winter.

If not registered and hiding behind a tree in the parking lot...no food for you. eek.giflmao.gif

Could Marty be the new "Soup Nazi" from Seinfeld?! eek.gifwave.giflmao.gif

After clearing some stuff off my calendar and securing a room at the Chuckwagon, I'm IN and registered on the Torrey Announcement site as well.

Reagards,

Mike O

P.S. I can taste the Brinks 'rings already.

Nah, but I might be first in line. Remember...respect your elders/even if I don't deserve it. dopeslap.gif

After keeping any eye on him last year, I know for a fact that Marty takes both parts of that VERY seriously. You shoulda seen the elbow he gave Paul Mihalka to edge into first place. grin.gif

Michelle just called last night with a room at the Chuckwagon!!!!! I am now in the Chuckwagon so there is a room available at the Day's Inn for those who want it.

T minus 6 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Michelle just called last night with a room at the Chuckwagon!!!!! I am now in the Chuckwagon so there is a room available at the Day's Inn for those who want it.

T minus 6 days and

counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

That's great!

T minus 3 for the Whips...we have to get there early to make sure Marty gets fed properly.

Whip

The view from my house this morning

snow_09_06.jpg

yes, that's snow on Boulder Mtn, best bring your Gerbings!

The weather forecast for next week is much nicer...

Cool! But only if you promise to not put on any more bike lifting demonstrations! We want you out RIDING this time! grin.gif

What I learned at the Un

How To Lift a Fallen Bike

Observe Bike on Side

Shut off Key

"Excuse me. Sir? Could you please help me pick up my bike?"

grin.gif

Cool! But only if you promise to not put on any more bike lifting demonstrations! We want you out RIDING this time! grin.gif

What I learned at the Un

How To Lift a Fallen Bike

Observe Bike on Side

Shut off Key

"Excuse me. Sir? Could you please help me pick up my bike?"

grin.gif

grin.gifthumbsup.gif

T minus 3.5 - Grin beginning to grow!!! wink.gif

T minus 3 - Grin becomes a smile!!! smile.gif

T minus 2 - Grin is growing rapidly!!! grin.gif

T minus 1 - Grin turns to smirk!!! smirk.gif (All the other poor shmucks have to keep working when I'm gone)

Lift Off - Bugs start accumulating in the teeth!!! cool.gif

Several hours down the road - Work, what work? Don't need no stinking work!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

Up, Up, Up and over the Rockies thumbsup.gif Now, that's what I'm talking about.

First trip to Torrey and can't wait to meet everyone. See you there clap.gifclap.gif

Am flexible as to where and/or when we leave. See you all there! thumbsup.gif

Where are you planning to stop Thursday nite? I'm most likely leaving SF Thursday afternoon. Perhaps we can join up for Friday?

Tom

Will probably stop in Ely, NV on Thursday night. That is around 450 miles from Fair Oaks. Not a lot of places to stay if you go further than Ely. I want to get to Torrey before too late Friday so would like to go at least to Ely.

T minus 3.5 - Grin beginning to grow!!! wink.gif

T minus 3 - Grin becomes a smile!!! smile.gif

T minus 2 - Grin is growing rapidly!!! grin.gif

T minus 1 - Grin turns to smirk!!! smirk.gif (All the other poor shmucks have to keep working when I'm gone)

Lift Off - Bugs start accumulating in the teeth!!! cool.gif

Several hours down the road - Work, what work? Don't need no stinking work!!! lmao.giflmao.gif

Up, Up, Up and over the Rockies thumbsup.gif Now, that's what I'm talking about.

First trip to Torrey and can't wait to meet everyone. See you there clap.gifclap.gif

Y'know, Jim . . . trust me, it's gonna be a really fun time--you really should let yourself go and enjoy the anticipation a bit more--SHEESH!! grin.gifclap.gif

I was just lookin' through the list of attendees and MAN!! this is gonna be a hoot! A bunch of great folks: some of my "fave's" who I just got to see at the UnRally and some I haven't seen in too long, some I've "known" through the DB but never met, as well as a bunch of newbies!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!

And SW Mototires has been closed for the last few days!! Arrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!! I just KNEW I should not have put it off until so late, but I thought I still had a few new ones up in the loft--turns out they're all "commuting leftovers". eek.gif

My front is completely shot and the rear is so squared off I can't hold a line in a corner. I've got to work 72 hours between now and departure (Oh-Dark-Thirty Thursday) and Sunday is already completely booked all day. I'll see what I can throw on Maynard by Tuesday night--I'm sure I've got something up there with tread left--but I don't think they'll match! grin.gif

The view from my house this morning

best bring your Gerbings!

Still think we need the Gerbings? How fast does it warm up in Torrey? Looks like the lows are going to be 40's.

Thanks, Tom

I want to get to Torrey before too late Friday so would like to go at least to Ely.

I'll look for you in Ely.

Where does one stay in Ely? I don't need the Four Seasons but a comfortable place to sleep would be nice.

Tom

And SW Mototires has been closed for the last few days!! Arrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!!! I just KNEW I should not have put it off until so late, but I thought I still had a few new ones up in the loft--turns out they're all "commuting leftovers". eek.gif

My front is completely shot and the rear is so squared off I can't hold a line in a corner. I've got to work 72 hours between now and departure (Oh-Dark-Thirty Thursday) and Sunday is already completely booked all day. I'll see what I can throw on Maynard by Tuesday night--I'm sure I've got something up there with tread left--but I don't think they'll match! grin.gif

You know, I don't want to offer anything that isn't mine to offer, but I'll just point out that you wouldn't be the first member to change tires at Killer's house...

As a side note, even though SW Moto should be open on Monday, you could always try ridedirect (as someone else pointed out). Conti Road Attacks for $210 shipped.

See you in a week.

You know, I don't want to offer anything that isn't mine to offer, but I'll just point out that you wouldn't be the first member to change tires at Killer's house...
No he wouldn't, I even have Mitch's bar just like Jamie's. I have a set of ME880s that are only about 1/2-2/3 used if needed and an almost new set of Chen Shings grin.gif (or whatever they were). Jamie, if you want to ship tyres here that would be fine.
I have a couple of new tires in the garage, mate. PM me and I'm sure we can get them on your bike before Torrey lift-off.

Thanks, for the offers and suggestions, guys! thumbsup.gif

I had bought an extra set of wheels a while ago for just this sort of thing and I checked them out yesterday. The rims were slightly bent (I straightened them) but the tires that came on them were still pretty usable so I'll try to throw the other wheels on Maynard tomorrow afternoon (or Tuesday). I've also got to do the final re-torque on my new bronze paralever bushings since the break-in ride to Cheechoo's Arnold Tech Daze. Leslie's tires are still within spec and she says the profiles still feel good so we should be good to go! clap.gif

Gregori: I'm going to try to get the half shift off Wednesday night so we can leave our place by 06:00 and get to Torrey before too late (read: dark, first cold snap of Fall, in deer country, the first week of deer hunting season! eek.gif ). I don't know what your latest version of your riding/driving plan is, but if you're still riding out on Thursday and willing to leave that early, you're still welcome to IronButt it out with us. It's only ~700 miles and it's slab all the way to the UT-89 (via I-70)--that'll be a walk in the park compared to last Monday! eek.gifdopeslap.gif

Still think we need the Gerbings? How fast does it warm up in Torrey? Looks like the lows are going to be 40's.

Thanks, Tom

Definitely, Thursday and Friday next week are now forecast to be cold, lows in the 30s, highs around 60. The weekend is a little warmer in the day but still 40 at night, it takes a while to warm up at this time of year and cools off quickly in the evening, we are at 7000 feet after all. Riding down 24 to 95 is likely to be very pleasant but it could be chilly up on 12 and 72.

Watch For Deer! They'll be on the move with the temperatures changing and snow in the high country.

T minus 5 days and counting

Final drive fluid swapped - CHECK (complete post w/ pics to follow later)

Transmission fluid swapped - CHECK

Engine oil and filter swapped - CHECK

6k service done - CHECK

New rubber (F&R) - CHECK

MP3 loaded with plenty of tunes - CHECK

Rum for "tasting" while at the CW - CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike cleaned grin.gifgrin.gif - DOUBLE CHECK dopeslap.gif

ST you are a go for launch! Launch at 4AM Thursday morning. thumbsup.gif

Well, just maybe I am a little bit excited about going for an extended ride. The fact that I'm packed except for water bottles, might make some think I am a little crazy. tongue.gif Or maybe that I had the GPS programmed a week ago for the trip. dopeslap.gif Others may even think that studying maps for the most twisties in route for three weeks may be excesive, but my shrink says I'm getting much better. I am able to be left along with sharp objects for short periods of time again. confused.gif He even said I could possibly stop my medication soon. eek.gif

SO, WHAT IS A LITTLE ANTICIPATION AMONGST FRIENDS!!! clap.gif

So many roads, so little time.

See you there!